• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
yeah, the hitstun is a lot, but at 100% (when the up b should be killing you) if you get grabbed thats your fault lol

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but (in my opinion) fox's shine needs buffed. it just needs a little bit less startup (and a little more action lol) and a slightly larger hitbox

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
no, it's hit box should be like the size of when it initially comes out instead of the size it settles on. the attack part comes out in 4 frames? really?

edit: because i can sit next to a falco and when i can see an edge of my shine kinda bounce onto him (i paused and looked), but he doesn't get hit, and hits me with an f-smash.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
i dont main him. maybe his falco's f-smash has a hitbox before his hands hit, and i dont want it as good/ boarder line broken like in melee, i just noticed that i shouldn't have died twice in one match because i saw him getting touched by it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
no, it's hit box should be like the size of when it initially comes out instead of the size it settles on. the attack part comes out in 4 frames? really?

edit: because i can sit next to a falco and when i can see an edge of my shine kinda bounce onto him (i paused and looked), but he doesn't get hit, and hits me with an f-smash.

So basically you're asking for a hit on the initial size of the shine, which comes out like frame 1-2. <_>

Arkaether

Smash Ace
He's got a point, it does look kind of odd when the animation is bigger than the actual hitbox. Kind of like Falco's shine, when the animation hits but the reflector doesn't.

Still, it's a pointless buff. It might even be broken.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
yup, but the hit box should shrink with it (unless that's too hard, then stay the same). its not like it has great priority, so it wouldn't be bad like in melee.

edit: plus you cant drop in front of a fire fox/falco (or other recovery) and just shine gimp because of the no longer godly priority.

He can't jump cancel it, and it doesn't make people stand during it anymore. All it'd be used for is tech chasing and shine spiking. Not broken.

That said, it's not going to be insanely useful anyway. Kind of pointless, actually. The hitbox increase, that is. >_>

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I can tech chase with it and shine spike with it fine in b+. I don't see a need for hitbox increase or changing what frame it comes out on.

I main fox in melee, and I can still do everything fine in b+

learn to adjust.

EDIT: I think that modifying the hitbox scales anyways, so you can't make it "shrink" with the animation

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
The only thing i think Fox need is just a faster Cooldown on his Bair,reasons?Everbody knows >_>''

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
would it break fox or make him worse if his dair was more like kirby's?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Kirby's dair sucks compared to fox's >_>

Making fox's shine bigger would just make shinespiking ******-proof. It's already very easy to shinespike in brawl+ due to being invincible frames 1-3 and hitting frame 3.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
just wondering. like i said, i dont really use him. what bout his laser range? would it break him to make it closer to falco's (about 3 hyrules long)?

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
his shine is out before it takes effect. i can sit and tap bv with someone touching me and it will end before the actual attack over and over again, but i can see it. the animation should slow, or the attack should come out faster.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I agree on making his lasers longer (if possible).

cuz you know, in melee his lasers were so broken compared to falco's, that they needed to make them way worse >___________________>

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Those Fox changes kind of sound like that useless nitpicky stuff we're all trying to discourage because they really don't make a difference. XP

And with Fox's shine, IMHO, people are trying WAAAY too hard to play offensively with an inherently DEFENSIVE move. Yes, you've found ways to use it to attack and gimp, and that's great, but that still doesn't take away the fact that it's still a defensive move. Changing it would take away what helps separate Fox's playstyle from other characters. Leave the offensive shine to Falco, please. =3.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I still think that one attack that is usable with DDD is stupid...I tried the dair but basically all i could do was like dair dair uair...I don't see how a character can have one good move and not have any changes being doen to him >_> At least make some of his attacks faster or end quicker after the hitboxes end.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Those Fox changes kind of sound like that useless nitpicky stuff we're all trying to discourage because they really don't make a difference. XP

And with Fox's shine, IMHO, people are trying WAAAY too hard to play offensively with an inherently DEFENSIVE move. Yes, you've found ways to use it to attack and gimp, and that's great, but that still doesn't take away the fact that it's still a defensive move. Changing it would take away what helps separate Fox's playstyle from other characters. Leave the offensive shine to Falco, please. =3.
I think Fox Shine in Brawl+ is a Ofenssive move.You can use his Shine after a Nair and Dair.
But about his Shine with a bigget hitbox,i dont agree,this will be a big Buff for him,right now he is one os the best characters.About his laz0rzs,ehhh,anyway,the only thing the players was asking about him,is a faster Cooldown on his Bair,this is not a BUFF BUFF.But if you guys this is not necessary,i understand that.

bajisci

Smash Ace
DDD has an entire moveset that is usable. wtf are you talking about?

yea seriously, his nair combos into itself, bair is amazing at gimping, ftilt ***** for spacing espcially since powershielding is harder, utilt is an awesome kill move, his throws do great % and set up for edge guarding not to mention uthrow comboing into his aerials. sure he is fat but that means he lives longer, dtilt is really quick and can kill too. his smashes may be slow but they hit hard

Rudra

Smash Ace
just wondering. like i said, i dont really use him. what bout his laser range? would it break him to make it closer to falco's (about 3 hyrules long)?
I havent really heard the Fox mains about whether or not they want their laser cap removed or anything, but I guess it wouldnt really hurt since it would boost his stage control more. Regardless, the only thing I really want is more Air control for him and Falco and their lasers. ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think, personally, that DDD is the worst character in the game. I played like 5 matches with him last night and the only thing i could do was edgeguard. I couldn't combo with anything, and he is too slow and bulky to get a grab in. He is probably the slowest character overall in the game, even Bowser felt faster than him @_@. I just think he needs to be sped up and have a little more combability. Maybe a little more KB on his F-tilt so that he can run under and u-tilt or something, but i could barely get 2 hit strings...
I still think that one attack that is usable with DDD is stupid...I tried the dair but basically all i could do was like dair dair uair...I don't see how a character can have one good move and not have any changes being doen to him >_> At least make some of his attacks faster or end quicker after the hitboxes end.
DDD is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom