• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Kirby's got a pretty good ground game, a really good air game, really good recovery, comboable grabs, and an absolute plethora of kill moves.

He's good, but I'm not sure if he's qualified for nerfs yet.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well at least you're consistent, Ark

You described Marth pretty well there lolz

I don't see why Kirby or Marth don't deserve nerfs. But whatever ^.^

bajisci

Smash Ace
kirhy already got nerfed sorta with his utilt and marth got nerfed too there is nothing broken about either of them at all

stingers

Smash Obsessed
But he does have a good recovery. And he can combo out of his grabs (though Kirby is better at it).

oh god here we go

I'm leaving <.<

Marth can't combo out of his grabs with correct DI. At least not at percentages that matter.

And he sure as hell doesn't have a good recovery. xD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
fsdhbfjksahgjasdhjkgask

YOU'RE IN NORTH CAROLINA

I can see it in your location.

Come to a North Carolinian tournament. Please. PLEASE

There is one next weekend! In Chapel Hill! PLEASE COME

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What the

You really think we wont play brawl+ there? lol

NC is like the only state that hosts b+ tourneys on a regular basis. we always have friendlies. get over it

Glick

Smash Lord
it'd give you another jump, if you get hit after your second jump offstage with falcon, even if you di correctly and put you in the higher corners of the screen you're going to be coming downward regaurdless. its not like he has projectiles to help him in this situation, or some air stalling manuever. you just come back and aim for a sweetspot, and even still after he reaches a certain point in his up b, just speedhug the stage and he's a goner because he doesn't continually attack in his upb, its more like "from this moment to that moment" then there's a no moment.

edit: also it doesn't remove his recover weakness, it helps him. falcon is still combo'd easily and cg'd but he can combo well. I don't mind being cg'd since you can di from most characters away, but when you di away you are basically led offstage which would help, not eliminate the weakness.
The reason why the first part of your argument is invalid is because every character has to deal with that (the ones with only two jumps). his up b goes farther then ganons. Captain falcon doesn't need it and he's good enough as it is. Ganons is justified because he has a terrible up b.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
The reason why the first part of your argument is invalid is because every character has to deal with that (the ones with only two jumps). his up b goes farther then ganons. Captain falcon doesn't need it and he's good enough as it is. Ganons is justified because he has a terrible up b.
the first part is because once they reach the apex of their up b they are finished attacking and can grab. falcon goes into this little aerial barrel roll where he cant attack you nor grab the ledge

shanus

Smash Hero
Skip, I am surprised you forgot your most important request:
Nipple Spike!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Skip, I am surprised you forgot your most important request:
Nipple Spike!
i havent forgotten. i just took your word for it when it was decided.
but also to mention when falcon is knocked upward he has this weird movement about him where even if you try DI'ing left or right while being combo'd he doesnt really go too far in either direction so he's easily juggled.

edit: also im somewhat against the spike because im not sure how it would be implemented since b+ has no legit spikes and that the dair he has now is already pretty good so idunno. but i'd definitely want falcon to get his jump reset.

shanus

Smash Hero
i havent forgotten. i just took your word for it when it was decided.
but also to mention when falcon is knocked upward he has this weird movement about him where even if you try DI'ing left or right while being combo'd he doesnt really go too far in either direction so he's easily juggled.
Yeah, we are working on the nipple spike. Also, character specific hitstun constant could potentially address the later point. Not sure though.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Well, Falcon is heavy, and thus attacks naturally don't send him as far. Specific hitstun would make Falcon have an easier time to get out of combos, but he would still be sent nowhere when hit.

But it's good to see that character specific hitstun is being looked into.

Glick

Smash Lord
Nipple spike meaning he will get a dair like diddys. His entire body will be a spike, right?

I support that, spiking is so much more satisfying then killing off the side.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, actually, all that would need to be done is change that atrocious hitbox that sends people outwards when you hit with his chest to one that sends downwards at a special angle (there's a special angle in the game that registers as a spike, it's how we got Link's Dtilt to spike, making it non-MCable) and it should be good to go at the current KB it is at... hopefully... if not then we would tweak its KB too.

shanus

Smash Hero
Well, its a bit odd. Some moves with that angle are still MCable with an angle down like that, but a certain value can be made to make it more MCable

In summary: SAKURAIIIII lol

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Well, Falcon is heavy, and thus attacks naturally don't send him as far. Specific hitstun would make Falcon have an easier time to get out of combos, but he would still be sent nowhere when hit.

But it's good to see that character specific hitstun is being looked into.
It's mostly for Luigi and Falcon. Maybe Wolf... Least those are the three big culprits in my eyes.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
where are you located? Also NC doesn't have door fees usually, this tournament certainly doesn't.
About 15 minutes from CH. I'd be a lot more willing to attend if I didn't leave for Japan the day after the tourney, seeing as I need to pack, eat, and get tickets and crap in order.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Also, I played Ike in tournament.

Basically the strategy that I've been relying on is full hopping around waiting for an opening, and either using nair to setup a combo or fair/bair to setup an edgeguard. He has some nice jab cancel combos from brawl that carried over, only now with better finishers. He gained a few dthrow/uthrow uair/fair combos, but thats about it as far as I know. It seems like Ike is only mediocre at best. I've seen discussion about other heavies but what about him?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I was thinking of lowering the amount of time it takes to charge his over b (grounded and aerial) and increasing the speed it travels. Also, decreasing the winddown after a swing, both connected and missed. Here's a vid and though obviously way overexaggerated, you get my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPuKDRsy-d4&feature=related

(Starts at 1:00)

Basically it brings back Quick Draw Cancel, or whatever dumb AT name it was given, since it fell behind with Brawl+ thanks to the run speed increases. Now he'll be able to recover more effectively with it (won't take so long to charge and he'll fly pretty quick) and it gives him a cool and innovative way to keep on the pressure and chase opponents. It's not a radical change to his game, but it should give him that little bump he needs.

To quote Shanus, Ike is very tough to balance. We can't really do to much with speed since he won't feel like Ike or he'll be mad over powered. Giving him more power is redundant too. He isn't bad enough to warrant a retooling like Link either. Overall, I agree Ike feels very meh but I've seen him and gone on some nuts hot streaks with him. I don't know, it just varies from game to game.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
i found a glitch! i found a glitch!

if you take off the ground with lucario's upB then do it again (which you shouldnt be able to do) immediatly after (didnt try with 2nd jump in between) and land, you cant use upB on the ground again until you use it in the air.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
i found a glitch! i found a glitch!

if you take off the ground with lucario's upB then do it again (which you shouldnt be able to do) immediatly after (didnt try with 2nd jump in between) and land, you cant use upB on the ground again until you use it in the air.
already known. triple jump glitch, and its pretty much staying too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom