• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
ph00tbag, I was fine with leaving her alone, I didnt think it was necessary, either. Yeroc actually made them to try and add more utility in.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
LOL wut? I just played with Kupo's set, I played on Pokemon Stadium 1, and you can go though the stage in the ends! It is sweet, someone try it out!

5ive

Smash Champion
LOL wut? I just played with Kupo's set, I played on Pokemon Stadium 1, and you can go though the stage in the ends! It is sweet, someone try it out!
Do you really have to post that here?

Also, I remember someone saying that Ivy is getting an Olimar hop on his Up B, but Ivy still has Multiple Up B's. Is this going to be on the next Plussery?

bajisci

Smash Ace

Also, I remember someone saying that Ivy is getting an Olimar hop on his Up B, but Ivy still has Multiple Up B's. Is this going to be on the next Plussery?
he can't DI for quite a while after he uses his up b

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

It isn't the exact edge, more like a Bowser's length away from it. Has anyone else noticed this???

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Well...

In the US version, the part that allows textures to work with a single .gct is written in the gameconfig.txt file, it's File Replacement v2.1. The PAL version of this doesn't work yet, you have to use the Dynamic SD Loader codes and File Replacement v1.3, which turns it into a double .gct.

I'm not sure if you could load this set in the same gct as the File Replacement one... I guess? Maybe? I'm not sure. As far as I know, you'll have to wait until 2.1 works.
I still use the american File Replacement v1.1 and it works just fine with the BtL set. I don't see why the PAL version shouldn't work...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Falco: I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with his new Shine! I barely ever used it since VBrawl just because of how useless it was outside of tripping and how punishable it could be upon returning. Now that the move can be used to start combos, enhance them, and potentially lead into a kill move, (usually Bair, though perhaps if they DI incorrectly or AD I can FSmash/USmash them?) and has been speed up upon returning to Falco, I've become quite fond of it. This change really enhanced his combo game and really made his Shine a nifty tool: something every Spacie's Shine should be. PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP THIS! His bread has never been fresher!:bee:.

Originally Posted by Orca
With a grin on that killer whale face of his, he eyed the BADers, then he yelped, jumped, and skidded towards them.
"he.. he's sliding!" said Storm.
"No storm... this is worse! He's wavedashing!" said Leafgreen.
"Ahhhhggg" cried Orca, as the flesh tore from his lower fins from the friction of the concrete on his tail. With that, Orca collapsed onto Leafgreen, Storm, and the other BADers and they all lived happily ever after.
For one, Rudra, I agree with your sentiments of Falco's new shine! It feels great! It's exciting, fresh, sexy, jizzulous. It's fantastic! I'm glad you like it! :)

Oh, and I started laughing out loud at the quote of my rediculous narrative... Seriously lol, I was NOT expecting to see that anywhere, I had nearly forgotten about that glorious day! Thanks for the laugh! :)

jalued

Smash Lord
I think some attacks should be nerfed combo-wise, like Sheik's dthrow can always combo into something, even at high %.
nah it cant. it depends on the character tbh, with someone like fox, then yeah course it can (but then it just makes it a matchup difference), but say for example, i was playing against a mate who played wolf, and at higher % he would DI so far forward it was impossible for me to combo into it. so had to mix it up with bthrow as a mindgame to get the kill

sheiks dthrow is fine, it doesnt chaingrab, so just learn to DI properly :)

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
he can't DI for quite a while after he uses his up b
yeah I noticed that too. the only way I gain any air control is if I side b. that can be used as a mindgame I guess, but its still not the best form of recovery because they can easily just edgehog you again really fast.

Someone said something about Ivy getting the Olimar hop? I think thats an awesome idea so you can get a slight amount of air control (or a b-stick).

Revven

FrankerZ
I think some attacks should be nerfed combo-wise, like Sheik's dthrow can always combo into something, even at high %.
DI the throw and then DI the combos that follow. With Sheik's Dthrow, you want to DI it into her (up and in), this puts you into a Bair from her, DI the Bair and you should be combo free and only taken 10% or so. That's what I do against Sheik's Dthrow.

Nerfing combos would mean we would have to buff moves in KB, and... you do realize that if we do that then those moves will KO ridiculously early, right? Especially if we did it to all aerials.

DI the throw and then DI the attack to avoid the combo, I don't see how that's a big deal.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
nah it cant. it depends on the character tbh, with someone like fox, then yeah course it can (but then it just makes it a matchup difference), but say for example, i was playing against a mate who played wolf, and at higher % he would DI so far forward it was impossible for me to combo into it. so had to mix it up with bthrow as a mindgame to get the kill

sheiks dthrow is fine, it doesnt chaingrab, so just learn to DI properly :)
sheik's dthrow can chaingrab heavies *cough falcon* regaurdless of your DI. trust me, I know. I tried DI'ing everywhere. its either you wait for her to stop or DI to the end of the stage..which is why I wanted falcon to get his jump back from falcon kick and a main reason I didn't want to go to BtL anymore. because he isn't that good character as compared to the others. he is CG'd by a majority of the characters regaurdless of DI and his recovery is easily gimped.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Sheik has a CG on the fast fallers? I'll look into it. Though I don't agree with your sentiment that C. Falcon is bad by any means, I don't think he is as good as a lot of his haters like to believe.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ph00tbag, I was fine with leaving her alone, I didnt think it was necessary, either. Yeroc actually made them to try and add more utility in.
Fair enough. I'll probably have a chat with him about it.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
sheik's dthrow can chaingrab heavies *cough falcon* regaurdless of your DI. trust me, I know. I tried DI'ing everywhere. its either you wait for her to stop or DI to the end of the stage..which is why I wanted falcon to get his jump back from falcon kick and a main reason I didn't want to go to BtL anymore. because he isn't that good character as compared to the others. he is CG'd by a majority of the characters regaurdless of DI and his recovery is easily gimped.
CF is not a bad character and i highly highly doubt he can be CG'd by the majority of the cast and if so it would only be a few percents, nothing major.

And you dont want to go to a tourney just because your character can (maybe) be CG'd and you think he is bad when he is actually a perfectly decent character? Weak sauce. I say step it up.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
CF is not a bad character and i highly highly doubt he can be CG'd by the majority of the cast and if so it would only be a few percents, nothing major.

And you dont want to go to a tourney just because your character can (maybe) be CG'd and you think he is bad when he is actually a perfectly decent character? Weak sauce. I say step it up.
as compared to what other characters can do he is not that great, and being cg'd isn't the issue I didn't go its just one. I could've went and used jigglypuff but other things came up, im invited to this girls dance recital and me showing up means a lot to her. but anyway, his recovery isn't good at all. he IS(not maybe) cg'd by a large portion of the cast even with good DI. you'd have to understand I mained falcon in vbrawl and it seems that I go through the same issues I had in vbrawl in brawl+. play better plays than whoever it is you play and understand where im coming from.

jalued

Smash Lord
as compared to what other characters can do he is not that great, and being cg'd isn't the issue I didn't go its just one. I could've went and used jigglypuff but other things came up, im invited to this girls dance recital and me showing up means a lot to her. but anyway, his recovery isn't good at all. he IS(not maybe) cg'd by a large portion of the cast even with good DI. you'd have to understand I mained falcon in vbrawl and it seems that I go through the same issues I had in vbrawl in brawl+. play better plays than whoever it is you play and understand where im coming from.
as long as the chain grabs rely on predicting DI, and do not go to stupidly high % (anything about 30%), then i dont see a problem with it.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Considering that Falcon can pull off 30% combos with ease, I don't really see what makes chaingrabs on Falcon anything special. Also, he's nowhere near as bad as you apparently think he is.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Falco has got back his buffed shine, and I can't wait to try it out. But the PAL version of the new nightly build isn't coming at all. Can anyone tell me why? Is there a problem?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
as long as the chain grabs rely on predicting DI, and do not go to stupidly high % (anything about 30%), then i dont see a problem with it.
yeah they dont go that high. i think they can get out around 30-40% depending on who you're using.
they dont start at 0% because they dont get thrown high enough. i may be wrong about this though. maybe its just because i'm not re-grabbing fast enough.
eitherway, chaingrabs arent ******** in B+

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm now into Samus in B+.
The only other fix I'd give her is her is her bombs, in 64 and Melee the bombs hit almost instantly after laying them, in Brawl it takes a while b4 they can actually hit the enemy.
I don't think it's too overpowered for a fix which is why I ask. Just gives her a few more tricks which really weren't gamebreaking in 64/Melee.

Now the only negative I can think of from making this fix is an unneccasary nerf to bomb jump recovery. If there is no way through it then I'll deal without it.

jalued

Smash Lord
So, I'm now into Samus in B+.
The only other fix I'd give her is her is her bombs, in 64 and Melee the bombs hit almost instantly after laying them, in Brawl it takes a while b4 they can actually hit the enemy.
I don't think it's too overpowered for a fix which is why I ask. Just gives her a few more tricks which really weren't gamebreaking in 64/Melee.

Now the only negative I can think of from making this fix is an unneccasary nerf to bomb jump recovery. If there is no way through it then I'll deal without it.

yeah i support this. either make them explode on impact OR reduce the exploding time to say 60frames, cause atm they are far far far too slow 2 be of any use and are just a useless arsenal in a defensive character that really deserves to have them

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can just make the bomb itself has a hitbox, and then keep the same timer as before if anything. It WOULD really help so, you think you can shanus? :D

bajisci

Smash Ace
After playing extensively today, I'd like to request a damage decrease on fox's dair. as of right now he is way too good. he can repeatedly dair > utilt > dair > utilt etc on every character and rack up insane amounts of damage. This would be fine if he wasnt good at killing but his usmash is a VERY easy kill. on top of that he can camp pretty hard with his lazers. I think he will be much more balanced if his dair did less damage.

Revven

FrankerZ
After playing extensively today, I'd like to request a damage decrease on fox's dair. as of right now he is way too good. he can repeatedly dair > utilt > dair > utilt etc on every character and rack up insane amounts of damage. This would be fine if he wasnt good at killing but his usmash is a VERY easy kill. on top of that he can camp pretty hard with his lazers. I think he will be much more balanced if his dair did less damage.
Lowering damage lowers KBG, which would then make it very potent to use at higher percents. Nerfing Dair isn't necessary, you can escape it with SDI. You missed it when leaf was trying to nerf the Dair so Fox couldn't Usmash from it, everybody hated it, so you can blame no nerf on Dair on everybody else (mainly the Fox mains and a bunch of other people).

kthxbi.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'd agree, but I don't see Fox as a particularly broken character. True, dair is good, and he combos like crazy, but most of the cast can combo him in turn. He's incredibly gimpable as well, once you get the timing for interrupting his Phantasm. You can SDI out of his dair, not to mention good DI means he won't be able to follow up with another dair after his utilt.

It's like Ganondorf. You've got his dair, which does a massive 22% damage, combos into itself twice, or four times if they miss the tech, comes out fast, kills below 100%, is an incredibly powerful meteor, works as a finisher for many of his combos, and has no lag at all. Doesn't exactly make Ganondorf top tier, though, does it?

bajisci

Smash Ace
Lowering damage lowers KBG, which would then make it very potent to use at higher percents. Nerfing Dair isn't necessary, you can escape it with SDI. You missed it when leaf was trying to nerf the Dair so Fox couldn't Usmash from it, everybody hated it, so you can blame no nerf on Dair on everybody else (mainly the Fox mains and a bunch of other people).

kthxbi.
point taken. if its escapable then its perfectly fine.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
How about you start attacking or airdodging out if it? Because I've tested it before and it is not a legit chain throw. DI the dthrow the same way you would DI it to avoid her other followups - up and toward her, so you'll end up going almost straight up. DIing away will always get you regrabbed, but you should be out of stun before she can regrab you if you DI it properly.

Really, there are very few chain throws in this game that are actually legit if you DI properly, and those that are do not stay that way for very long (with a couple of exceptions, like wario's dthrow).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
How about you start attacking or airdodging out if it? Because I've tested it before and it is not a legit chain throw. DI the dthrow the same way you would DI it to avoid her other followups - up and toward her, so you'll end up going almost straight up. DIing away will always get you regrabbed, but you should be out of stun before she can regrab you if you DI it properly.

Really, there are very few chain throws in this game that are actually legit if you DI properly, and those that are do not stay that way for very long (with a couple of exceptions, like wario's dthrow).
hmm maybe you're right. i keep thinking it like melee with more stun. ill try di'ing and throwing out uairs next time

iLink

Smash Champion
Alright well I got a chance to test the latest set for a good while

Link:
I think he's pretty much perfect. I kinda wish his nair had a little more kb however.

Lucario:
I had a lot of fun with his up-b. Attack out of it while being edgeguarded was great. His double team still attacks too slow for it to really be used correctly.

Wolf:
Felt like a pretty solid character overall. Nair is now useful.

IC:
I first I was a little upset that they lost their chaingrab infinites but I gave them a shot and focused a lot more on de-synchs which still makes them a viable character. Still can rack up damage pretty well.

Toon Link:
Good overall but had a problem connecting his second hit on fsmash.

Jigglypuff:
Dair has a little too much landing lag if not auto-canceled. Maybe lower it a tad?

Diddy:
It might just be me, but I had a really hard time getting back on the stage with Diddy. I got hit out of his side b a lot and the lack of ability to sweetspot the ledge didn't help.

Ness:
I was surprised how well I picked him up. Multiple pkt was a life saver.

Snake:
Just doesn't feel right anymore. He was a power house and just feels overall not as good as his vBrawl counterpart.

Falco:
At first I thought his shine buff was just a bad idea considering he was already a really good character. After playing around with it for a bit, it wasn't really all that easy to connect and wasn't as overpowered as I thought it would be.

jalued

Smash Lord
after watching the BtL tourney last night..i did kinda get the impression that lucario needs to be toned down a bit somehow, cause with the new upB buff, he is almost impossible to edgeguard and never gets any landing lag, and also autosnaps to the edge. im not saying we should remove this feature, but i think that somewhere else needs to be toned down to try and balance his awesome new improvement of upB

my thoughts are give him more BKB and less KBG, so it doesnt combo into itself so niceley at lower %, but also isnt a great kill move at higher %

squirtle was also insainly good, and i know that this may just be due to the player, but i feel that either,

something needs to be done about his upthrow- upair-fair/bair at 0% being nerfed a bit, cause u cant DI out of it, and it does some pretty hefty damage to all the cast. maybe reduce the damage of his up/forward/back air or something

or his up B needs to be fixed, as due to the shorter invincibility time on the edge, and the long time of his upB hitbox, its far too hard to properly time your edgehog agaisnt it, and makes his recovery pretty dam good tbh

oh and last minor thing. Ivy's razor leaf is too fast atm. when some characters are hanging on the edge and the ivysaur is spamming, there is NOTHING that they can do against it

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I'm not exactly sure why everybody seems to have this deep innate hatred for combos. Brawl+ is built for the purpose of having combos. Squirtle's utilt>uair combos are good, yes, but it's not like they're any worse than fox's dair combos or some chaingrabs. Until you're doing 80-90% combos, I don't see any need to nerf them.

As for Lucario, I'm starting to think that maybe they should remove the auto-snap feature. That was originally there since his Up-B was the only one that did no damage, not to mention he goes into fall special and is easy to hit out of. Considering that it's now pretty much impossible to gimp Lucario, not to mention no landing lag and the fact that he can actually combo with it, I think it should be removed.

As for Ivy's razor leaf, use pretty much any aerial move, like nair. It'll cancel it.

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly sure why everybody seems to have this deep innate hatred for combos. Brawl+ is built for the purpose of having combos. Squirtle's utilt>uair combos are good, yes, but it's not like they're any worse than fox's dair combos or some chaingrabs. Until you're doing 80-90% combos, I don't see any need to nerf them.

As for Lucario, I'm starting to think that maybe they should remove the auto-snap feature. That was originally there since his Up-B was the only one that did no damage, not to mention he goes into fall special and is easy to hit out of. Considering that it's now pretty much impossible to gimp Lucario, not to mention no landing lag and the fact that he can actually combo with it, I think it should be removed.

As for Ivy's razor leaf, use pretty much any aerial move, like nair. It'll cancel it.
i dont havea hatreed for combos, but i do for combos that arnt escapable with DI or anything.

didnt think it was possible to remove autosnap edge for lucario

and thanks for advice on ivy :)

Almas

Smash Lord
The general consensus right now is that Marth and Squirtle need slight tone-downs, but the majority of the cast is fine. With these few tweaks made, an official Final Beta will likely be released.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i dont havea hatreed for combos, but i do for combos that arnt escapable with DI or anything.
That's what comboes are. This (obviously) isn't like vbrawl because there are actual comboes, and not just ****-ups by the opponent or reads. If you raed your opponents DI correctly in B+, you are rewarded with another GUARNATEED hit at low %s. That is the point, it takes more skill to read the DI and combo and it makes the game a whole lot more in-depth...

jalued

Smash Lord
That's what comboes are. This (obviously) isn't like vbrawl because there are actual comboes, and not just ****-ups by the opponent or reads. If you raed your opponents DI correctly in B+, you are rewarded with another GUARNATEED hit at low %s. That is the point, it takes more skill to read the DI and combo and it makes the game a whole lot more in-depth...
yeah but for squirtle u dont need to read their DI, cause u cant miss it. say for example, falcons dthrow, that u HAVE to read/predict DI otherwise u will miss. but with squirtle u always hit with at least the upair till pretty high %. thats all im saying

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So it's like melee sheik's Down-throw. Till at least like 170 on non-lightweights you will get a D-throw to fair/bair. It's not that broken to have a guaranteed combo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom