• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
they dont have to be hard to escape just not so easy that they are escaped like every time....also i edited my last post...basically saying that a DI capacity increase to some degree less than originally planned might work out good

shanus

Smash Hero
How about I post the version I made and everyone test it over the weekend?

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah and if it sucks or is too over the top, etc, we will test it for a long time so the next build has it perfect.

As the PKT1 Speed-up and PK Flash stuff would require GCT stuff, this pac I put online later will *only* have the fair change in it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys, I think Ryko and I discovered a potential problem. A Ness that has really good timing with psi magnet can camp really hard with it. People who are slow and/or have bad range have an extremely hard time getting around it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I think Ryko and I discovered a potential problem. A Ness that has really good timing with psi magnet can camp really hard with it. People who are slow and/or have bad range have an extremely hard time getting around it.
This has actually been something I have been concerned about for a long time. Using fair and retreating magnets, its a nightmare to get through.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Here's the truth of the matter with it.

Ness is sitting in psi magnet, you're any character but link, yoshi, toon link, meta, or snake. You've effectively lost every viable approach or magnet stopping option available to you. Ike's fair requires a screw up of timing on the ness's part to get hit, and that move is about as far as it gets as fair ranges are concerned. Snake can try to get pass it with properly stripped and cooked nades to force ness to drop it but that's about it. Your option is to hit ness as he puts it up. Due to ness's mobility I doubt many if any characters can actually do that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
When I came up with the idea last night I made sage do it. The only time I hit him with ike's fair due to its range (right at the tip) was when he screwed up the timing. Otherwise I just kinda floated there and the move went over his head or stopped right in front of him. Faster characters, as mentioned, can just rush him in the 24 or so frames it takes to set up the situation but otherwise nah.

shanus

Smash Hero
Have we actually seen magnet camping in action or is this all just theorycraft?
Characters with fairly disjointed movesets fair fine through it, but no projectiles or disjointed moves can be shut down fairly well with fair mixed magnet. I've been saying this for a fair amount of time lol

D

Deleted member

...!?! Did this go unnoticed by the "WBR" entirely? What kind of balance checks do you guys even do if "senior" members didn't realize that Ness has been buffed like **** for no reason?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
If you remove windpush on ness's down b can you remove it on pit up b as well? His is gayer because he can plank with it.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I would love to see wind boxes taken out of the game all together (except Mario's Cape, Squirtle's water gun [it should do dmg] and mario's FLUDD [same as squirtle's water gun])

shanus

Smash Hero
People realize that during windpush, if you initiate a dash during it, it cancels the momentum entirely?

Or a pivot. Etc

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ness is sitting in psi magnet, you're any character but link, yoshi, toon link, meta, or snake. You've effectively lost every viable approach or magnet stopping option available to you.
Samus too.

And don't completely remove the wind buff. Redo it. Reduce the AoE range a good deal, so that Ness has to put himself at some risk when using the move.

And on the subject of Ness' fair, what would purely removing the auto aim angle do nerfwise? Serious question.

Finally, we're gonna blame the PSI magnet change on Ness mains, alright guys? Even though it was a change most of them were originally against.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah removing the wind buff would make me a sadass panda.

I say we decrease the time Ness can exit out of his Psi magnet.
Hey Shanus did you post the new fair PAC?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
If you can cancel wind push from magnet by doing a dash or pivot, then why is it a problem? Couldn't you just approach with fox trots and dash dances?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Make the move give push, slightly lessened with a slightly smaller AOE, on startup and lower the lag to punishable within reason. Make it a windbox shine essentially, you'd be fine that way because the ness would have to commit to doing the move instead of just sitting there and releasing B when he sees someone pull a dylan ("you too close man!"). Hell the move would probably be perfect if you just changed when the wind showed up and nothing else.

If you can cancel wind push from magnet by doing a dash or pivot, then why is it a problem? Couldn't you just approach with fox trots and dash dances?
You approach, you get pushed, you dash to cancel it and then commit to a move. Ness, by this point, can move again and obviously isnt getting hit by whatever you decide to throw and is either fairing you for trying to make up for the distance you just canceled or moving away and setting up tent again. Wut.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Changing PSI Magnet huh?

I have an idea...7/10 Magnet (JC able, no wind, fast startup)

also shanus where is that fair? im probably gonna have smash company today and i'd like to use the your fair

EDIT: I'm not sure I'm for changing psi magnet really....is it really THAT good?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well....it wasnt horrible in the air.....a line of code that was supposed to be used was removed which made it slow in the air....shouldn't've been that way

but that was before PSA.....there is probably an easier way to add JC to it now

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think this is the current psi magnet frame data.

Start up: 7
Absorbs: 8
Hits: 29 (wind effect)
Ends: 44

That means that there's 15 frames after the wind effect initially hits. I believe the wind effect lasts through all 15 frames though.

Ryko: I think we'll test it out some more cuz I may have an idea that just nullifies it (run up and shield).

Also wind effects are counterable.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I think this is the current psi magnet frame data.

Start up: 7
Absorbs: 8
Hits: 29 (wind effect)
Ends: 44

That means that there's 15 frames after the wind effect initially hits. I believe the wind effect lasts through all 15 frames though.

Ryko: I think we'll test it out some more cuz I may have an idea that just nullifies it (run up and shield).

Also wind effects are counterable.
Shielding seems to be an answer that I saw in that kr3w video but really that would be a matter of just not jumping the gun. Person runs up to you, if you see an attack you let go and they dont hit you, if they shield just wait for the shield drop and let go.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Really tho....compare this to Doc's sideB. I think we may be jumping the gun thinking about changing this.

What do you do if you run up to Doc and he uses sideB on your attack?

EDIT: i think more of the problem is that too many players arent used to how wind works and they're not used to the proper way to act after being winded.

shanus

Smash Hero
i tend to agree with simna on this one. If you are close to shield their magnet response, you can just DC and redash it and be way close enough that they can't camp you again with it. Its really way overhyped.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Funny thing is that this new magnet was all Cape's idea.

Anyway, Shanus, I have a request about fair.

Could you raise the BKB of the linking hits a good bit? I don't feel like eating an attack after landing the fair and having someone hold back and drop out of it behind me, then getting punished for having the audacity to attack someone and actually land the hit.

Top Bottom