• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, in Windows XP, I found it the extracted files at:

"C:\Documents and Settings\(profile name)"
Sadly I have Vista 64-Bit, and I checked there. I just don't seem to find it. What would the file be named after I extract it (I'm trying to extract Mario).

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It'd be call Fit(Char)(costume number you used; ex: Default is 00).dae

So if I used Marth's normal texture for the .pac > .dae conversion, it'd be:

FitMarth00.dae

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry, I started writing a reply when I got it and then got called away. After that it kinda slipped my mind. :embarrass

EDIT: done

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Hey,
AiS is working fine on my home computer, but as soon as I want to run it on my laptop (Vista 32bit) I get an error "Side-by-side-configuration is wrong, check event bla". On my Netbook (XP 32bit) I get an error "App configuration is wrong, reinstall may help."
Somebody has an idea how to fix that?
Framework 3.0 is installed at both devices.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Hey,
AiS is working fine on my home computer, but as soon as I want to run it on my laptop (Vista 32bit) I get an error "Side-by-side-configuration is wrong, check event bla". On my Netbook (XP 32bit) I get an error "App configuration is wrong, reinstall may help."
Somebody has an idea how to fix that?
Framework 3.0 is installed at both devices.
It means you're missing the needed dll files on the laptop. The most likely fix would be to copy the contents of you're home computer's .../Windows/system/ directory to your laptop to make sure they both have the same files. I believe the files needed were:

cygwin1.dll
freetype6.dll
jpeg62.dll
libcollada14dom21.dll
libgd2.dll
libiconv2.dll
libpng13.dll
zlib1.dll

The new version won't require nearly as many dlls to work.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thank you Pharrox :)
Stupid me forgot cygwin1.dll ^^"

One question regarding your upcoming tool(s): will there be an CHR0 converter included to get the animations in 3DS Max?

And could somebody try to convert that brres (not from Brawl, but from MH3): http://rapidshare.com/files/273328462/em020.brres
Every but not this brres works...

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I have started on CHR0 support, but I don't know if it'll be in the first release (probably not). As for the brres you posted I'll take a look and see if I can find what's causing the problem.

FireC

Smash Cadet
I have started on CHR0 support, but I don't know if it'll be in the first release (probably not). As for the brres you posted I'll take a look and see if I can find what's causing the problem.
EDIT: Removed question, it was already asked in the post below you.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
*spaz* D:
Is there ANYONE who can provide me with proper working models so I can start editing for when the program is released? I can't get access to rip them myself ;~;

stickman

Smash Apprentice
*spaz* D:
Is there ANYONE who can provide me with proper working models so I can start editing for when the program is released? I can't get access to rip them myself ;~;
the best i can do is give you trophy models to edit. other than that, i only get like 6 polygons from pharrox's converter (but all the vertices are there) when i try a fitcharacter##.pac file

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
you can always use random as a character slot making a special picture and portrait for it. replace an alloy. its what I'm doing for wasp.

also Can this manipulate Stage models as well
I would think this would be easier to work with unless they are stored differently
and different stage pieces would really win me over ^_^

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
*spaz* D:
I probably could. These would be the full T-posed, Fit<Char><Num> ones, as well.

Regarding Pikachu/Jigglypuff: is there a specific outfit you'd want?

Also, what format?

Edited to Add: I have all the Fit<Char><Num> PACs converted (even Wario00 and Wario06), except for:

Pikachu
Purin
ZakoBoy
ZakoGirl
ZakoChild

The first two I need some info on; I want to know if the hats are wanted or not. The last three won't export. All are in .dae at the moment, but I can convert to any format requested.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
What Pharrox is making is a converter, so you can take new models and put them into the game. That means you don't NEED existing Brawl models. If you want a facecount to shoot for, I'll give you one.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
My character IS a Lucario, though. ._. Besides, not all of us are experts at model making.
THIS IS MY CREATED SONIC CHARACTER. DON'T STEEL HIM PLZ!

I...I'm terribly sorry...I went to deviantart today...And now I'm surprised that there haven't been any texture hacks of such. Either way, there's nothing wrong with just editing a brawl model.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to edit any model to look like whatever you want? Do they work like .pacs, I mean you idk, give lucario more mewtwo-like looks, would he be like that in the game when you start?

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
If I was an expert at, or could do anything at all in 3D modelng, I think the only time I would edit a brawl model would be to make the Masked Man from Lucas ir Ness, just so he is a proportionate size to the other MOTHER characters. Otherwise I would do it from scratch... But like I said I can't XD.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd be interested in a Toon Link model, actually.

And the Emerl isn't bad. I think he needs more detail, and he's much skinnier than that, though. Although putting him in Brawl is the perfect reason to be kind of lazy with PSA - It's game canon that he just takes other's moves. XD

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to edit any model to look like whatever you want? Do they work like .pacs, I mean you idk, give lucario more mewtwo-like looks, would he be like that in the game when you start?
Dudes, I'd like to know what this program does please?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
To reiterate: I'm working on (and almost finished with) a collection of every character's extracted model, taken from the Fit____00.pac files.

I need to know which Pikachu and which Jigglypuff costumes I should put in, and what format I should save them to.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Custom model or edited from an existing one, it's still wise to build it around the skeleton of the character it's intended to replace, or else you're BOUND to get size/proportion problems when Brawl tries to fit it to the old character's skeleton.

@thanyou, are you sure that those aren't just the trophy models? I couldn't find any confirmation that they weren't.

@Tiberious, I'm sure all they'll need are the #00's for Pikachu and Jiggs. And FBX would be a safe format, since it preserves most things and a free converter for it exists.

But then again, I'm not the one who needs them. :p

@Rkey, yes you can make any model you want. It works almost EXACTLY like a texture hack (models are actually stored in the .PACs). Have you read the thread at all?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Ok.

You'll still need to make sure that the model is the right size in proportion to the rest of the characters.

Question: Are the animation files stored inside the FitChar00.PACs with the models and textures or are they in the FitChar.PAC with the moveset? I hope its the former.

...I really really wish that it was the former, at least. T_T

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Ok.

You'll still need to make sure that the model is the right size in proportion to the rest of the characters.

Question: Are the animation files stored inside the FitChar00.PACs with the models and textures or are they in the FitChar.PAC with the moveset? I hope its the former.

...I really really wish that it was the former, at least. T_T
Neither, really. The most important animations are in the FitCharMotion.pac files, although there are a few animations stored in the FitChar.pac, those are mostly used for effects (Pika's thunder). Assuming you want them in the ## files so you can have different animations per costume, unfortunately, no, that isn't possible.

For those it concerns I'll probably post news on the beta later tonight, though it's probably not what you're hoping.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo, I made a model of charmander in my INtermediate 3D modeling class at the art institute of washington, would there be anyway to put it into brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom