• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
if you're thinking about a beta you can't give it to people that completely comprehend everything, you'll have to give it to some people that have some knowledge, otherwise, there's no way to tell how user-friendly the program will be.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244073

>_>...
Aside from being my Melee main,[ and my most wanted character in Brawl out of expectation that he would preform better] Mewtwo is my starting project.

I don't need to justify why I'm making it, and I'm not limiting myself. I'm just starting simple and working up.

I plan on "making something good" after. Like Blaziken or something. Maybe I'll make an Original content character.

-DD
plz make blakeikan. : D i mean thats along time off but he could be a semi clone of falcon.
anywayz, i think u should make mewtwo. Your already so close, no reason to quit now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
VILE, can you go on the IRC?

And Pharrox, if you can tell me how I can contact you, please PM it to me.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Pharrox, if you read this , may you please remove one of your private messages, unless they are too important, or send me a message telling me how I can contact you? I tried sending you a private message but your box is full.
Check your PMs. :)

if you're thinking about a beta you can't give it to people that completely comprehend everything, you'll have to give it to some people that have some knowledge, otherwise, there's no way to tell how user-friendly the program will be.
The point of the beta would be to get rid of any bugs I may have missed when writing the program. User-friendlyness is kinda an afterthought. I'll try to make it as nice as I can, but as has already been said, anyone capable of doing something worthwhile won't have any problems understanding it.

And I support Mewtwo (probably the only dropped Melee character I support).

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hey DD, have you made any 3d stuff in the past. If you have, can you show me some pics, i need as many good 3d modelers as possible.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I dont understand why people want the melee characters back in so much. Melee wasnt all that for me, i mean i loved the game, but i wouldnt want to make brawl melee 1.5.
Rep this man! I never understood the 'let's make Brawl into Melee 2.0' mindset, to the point where the ruleset was made 'flat stages, no items' on March 8th, 2008 (i.e. even before the game was even out).

Have to remember that Brawl is a completely different game from Melee, and they can't be played in the same way. It's like trying to play Street Fighter IV like it's 3rd Strike. That stuff just doesn't work.
*angelic choir sings*
Oh my god, someone else gets it! <3 Brawl is NOT Melee 2.0, was never MEANT to be Melee 2.0, and should never BE Melee 2.0. If you want to play Melee that badly, then... go play it, instead of screwing with Brawl.
@VILE: Differing opinions. Some really liked Melee's newcomers and were saddened to see them gone in Brawl. Is it really that bad that they have a following and support?

@Tiberious. Most who go to tourneys HATE items and competitive item Smash. Item play can be (and IS being) done, but you are kidding yourself if you think most of Smashboards would be accepting of items as the standard. After all, look at how EVO 2k8 turned out.

@leafbarret: Tell me who is making Melee 2.0 (and I hope you aren't referring to the WBR with Brawl+). Or tell me how someone remaking Melee's characters suddenly makes the game Melee. I wanna hear this logic.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244073

>_>...
Aside from being my Melee main,[ and my most wanted character in Brawl out of expectation that he would preform better] Mewtwo is my starting project.

I don't need to justify why I'm making it, and I'm not limiting myself. I'm just starting simple and working up.

I plan on "making something good" after. Like Blaziken or something. Maybe I'll make an Original content character.

-DD
Viewtiful Joe? Please? ._.

I really want to see him in Brawl, as well as Mewtwo. No one seems to see VJ's potential as a Brawl character.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
@Pharrox: Just wondering, what about the animations? I managed to extract the CHR0 files themself, but yeah. Google is not my friend in this case.
And may I know how to "apply" for the beta? Or do you pick people and contact them?
best regards and keep the awesome work up,
Vuze

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey DD, have you made any 3d stuff in the past. If you have, can you show me some pics, i need as many good 3d modelers as possible.
o_o I had to get a new hard drive recently because of hardware failure[Western Digital FTL?], so I don't have anything. I'll probably have free time tomorrow/next day and I'll whip something up.

And it will be awesome now with my 2 Screen display from a 20" Plasma TV I found!

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think I'm going to make an Umbreon...since that's the Pokemon I want to make the most...

Or Eevee...who can Evolve using a Taunt...omfg I wish I could do that so bad.
-DD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@DarkDragoon

Umbreon would be indeed a nice Pokemon to play as. Not a cheap legendary (Beside Mewtwo <3), all-around, pretty cool looking. If you make him, you should do so on Pikachu and edit his moveset and if you have an ISO, custom sound effects.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
@DarkDragoon

Umbreon would be indeed a nice Pokemon to play as. Not a cheap legendary (Beside Mewtwo <3), all-around, pretty cool looking. If you make him, you should do so on Pikachu and edit his moveset and if you have an ISO, custom sound effects.
o.o Yup, can do.
=D
-DD

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
@VILE: Differing opinions. Some really liked Melee's newcomers and were saddened to see them gone in Brawl. Is it really that bad that they have a following and support?

@Tiberious. Most who go to tourneys HATE items and competitive item Smash. Item play can be (and IS being) done, but you are kidding yourself if you think most of Smashboards would be accepting of items as the standard. After all, look at how EVO 2k8 turned out.

@leafbarret: Tell me who is making Melee 2.0 (and I hope you aren't referring to the WBR with Brawl+). Or tell me how someone remaking Melee's characters suddenly makes the game Melee. I wanna hear this logic.
I dont think you get what im saying, im saying that not to limit yourself to making jsut melee newcomers.

And plus people are making brawl into melee 2.0. B+ is meant to play like melee and tonnes of people are making roy, mewtwo, pichu etc movesets, to tie in with B+.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
B+ is meant to play like melee
Not that this is on topic or anything, but Brawl+ is meant to play like Brawl, just with improved physics and balanced gameplay to foster a greater competitive nature.

=3 If it was supposed to play like melee, then we'd be using directional air dodge, or listening to everything Kupo says.
-DD

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I dont think you get what im saying, im saying that not to limit yourself to making jsut melee newcomers.

And plus people are making brawl into melee 2.0. B+ is meant to play like melee and tonnes of people are making roy, mewtwo, pichu etc movesets, to tie in with B+.
*facepalm* Because Smash 64 does NOT exist right? Or no other game has hitstun besides Melee right? Melee invented hitstun!

I'd explain why Brawl+ is just trying to be Brawl with more refined physics akin to 64 AND Melee, but that'd be pointless. People will continue calling Brawl+ Melee 2.0 no matter how dumb and inaccurate that statement is.

So those who are making those movesets enjoy Brawl+ and want them to function well in that enviroment. Don't see the problem. They enjoy Brawl+ over Brawl. Big whoop.

Sorry if I am coming off as a douche.
Not that this is on topic or anything, but Brawl+ is meant to play like Brawl, just with improved physics and balanced gameplay to foster a greater competitive nature.

=3 If it was supposed to play like melee, then we'd be using directional air dodge, or listening to everything Kupo says.
-DD
Besides L-canceling, Kupo just wanted some more physics changes over character changes. He does after all want less hitstun in the end.

Anyway back on topic, how hard would it be to put a character model on an existing bone structure?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
The point of the beta would be to get rid of any bugs I may have missed when writing the program. User-friendlyness is kinda an afterthought. I'll try to make it as nice as I can, but as has already been said, anyone capable of doing something worthwhile won't have any problems understanding it.
Ah.... so you need bugcheckers. I've never actually DONE bug testing, but it's always been a interest of mine. I might have to see what it'll let me throw at it.

They only hate what they do not understand. 'Diet Vanilla' Brawl (the game with 75% of its content banned) is so dominated by Snake and Metaknight precisely because there's nothing to counter their strengths. Leaving the items in allows lower-tier characters who have the right knowledge to be viable.

Knowing the item timings (yes, there is a timing to when they spawn), how to effectively use what spawns, or dodge and counter them in the hands of the opponent, is a skill. It's something that most Smash players don't want to learn, but if the prevailing winds forced them, they would.

As for Evo, let me give you a hint: the people and site that run that show hate Smash and the attitudes of its highest-level players. They only have it because it brings entrants and $$$.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to make an Umbreon...since that's the Pokemon I want to make the most...

Or Eevee...who can Evolve using a Taunt...omfg I wish I could do that so bad.
-DD
If you made umbreon you would be my hero. He has been my favorite pokemon since the days of gold and silver. :lick:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Ah.... so you need bugcheckers. I've never actually DONE bug testing, but it's always been a interest of mine. I might have to see what it'll let me throw at it.

They only hate what they do not understand. 'Diet Vanilla' Brawl (the game with 75% of its content banned) is so dominated by Snake and Metaknight precisely because there's nothing to counter their strengths. Leaving the items in allows lower-tier characters who have the right knowledge to be viable.

Knowing the item timings (yes, there is a timing to when they spawn), how to effectively use what spawns, or dodge and counter them in the hands of the opponent, is a skill. It's something that most Smash players don't want to learn, but if the prevailing winds forced them, they would.

As for Evo, let me give you a hint: the people and site that run that show hate Smash and the attitudes of its highest-level players. They only have it because it brings entrants and $$$.
It's not about balance or making the game deeper. It's about enjoyment. Most of Smashboards DON'T enjoy items. Their effect on the gameplay and how it's played is what they hate. "Playing to utilize the spawns to items" is exactly their beef. If they HAD to, most would quit, drastically shrinking the community.

If the SBR approved items and rejected non-item play, TO's would ignore their rulesets and the SBR loses influence (a new SBR like group could even pop up to make non-item rulesets).

Brawl at EVO 2k8 had much less attendence then Melee at EVO 2k7 because Smashboards plays items off and they held an item on tourney. Items on and Items off are 2 different games and Smashboards (for the most part) doesn't enjoy items on.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
@mariokart64n

There are only 493 Pokemon, not 1000. Plus, I actually like Lucario. I prefer Mewtwo, yes, but Lucario isn't bad either. Your Roy thing didn't really make sense, but that's maybe because I do not care about him. As for your last statement, if someone makes a ******** model, it would actually piss me off a little bit, as it is pointless to do such thing with a wonderful program that took a while to make. It is like spitting on it, to be honest. Even if I would not use that model, I would still be pissed off.

lucario has a shockingly simular control feel as mewtwo did in melee ? talk about replaced much.
nintendo was wise though, they knew that they had lost there older generation pokemon fans, and tried to appeal to the newer generation. so if your a lucario fan, yeah ok. but respect mewtwo, he's old school man.

as for roy, ok I can see the argument, but I still like him, he's an antique to the series now.

lastly, the only requirement for creating a mod with his tool is going to be knowledge with a 3d editor.. which actually isn't hard.
so I think what you said about people making crappy models, is kinda shallow. how the hell do you learn to create better stuff, without screwing up a few times. how in the world does a community grow if everyone's afraid to post there mods.

of course there's going to be alot of muck coming out at first, but you should be more supportive, there not spitting on the hard work. there trying to compliment it, and make their mods come a reality.

I don't know much about moveset modding, but personally I can't wait to start replacing models. i think the alternate costume colours work on a separate model PAC, so we can add 5 or 6 models to one character slot.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Reading Tiberious' post, I must think people forget two very important things about items.

1: Meta Knight and Snake have hands and can pick up cracker launchers too. Falco and Wario have really good final smashes.

2: Items, including bombs, have a higher chance to spawn near the player who is losing the match.

Really, if you have a buff man and a scrawny little girl, giving both of them guns isn't going to balance anything out.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Reading Tiberious' post, I must think people forget two very important things about items.

1: Meta Knight and Snake have hands and can pick up cracker launchers too. Falco and Wario have really good final smashes.

2: Items, including bombs, have a higher chance to spawn near the player who is losing the match.

Really, if you have a buff man and a scrawny little girl, giving both of them guns isn't going to balance anything out.
Haha, thats basically what I was going to point out as well...but this is off topic guys, so shhhh.
-DD

bleyva

Smash Ace
not sure i understand this analogy, as there are no super-fast, one-hit KO weapons in brawl that would be the equivalent of guns in the real world.

but if a "buff man" fought a scrawny little girl, he's most likely gonna beat the **** out of her. give them both guns, i'd say the playing field evens out alot more than if there were no firearms.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Then in my final off topic post about this(sorry DD), I'll fix that analogy.

A buffman and a scrawny little girl are about to fight when a gun suddenly appears on the floor at an equal distance from both of them. Or if the girl is losing, it appears closer to her. Either way, there is no balance her even if the little girl gets the gun(buff dude gets ****** now).

Also smash balls.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Also, all items are super-fast instant death items. They're called projectiles.
Most of the items can be thrown again after being picked up. Now MK doesn't have to leave the stage to gimp you. Neither does Snake!

And it doesn't even it out, because Snake has SAFs during his recovery, so they don't gimp him, and MK has 47328943 jumps, gliding, and a teleport.

Plus, items can be caught by using an airdodge. Wtf? Its so stupid easy to turn items around, Brawl would get 12420x more campy than it already is.

Now, for the love of god, back on topic, or make a new topic to argue about items in the Workshop.

On Topic:
=3=; 3ds Max 2009 is so different from 2008. Ugh. Its gonna look crappy if I even finish it today.

-DD

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
brawl is very rounded, but playing melee almost to a competitive degree.. brawl is not balanced at all. some gave an example, I can lose to a little girl in pink dress.

smashballs made smash bros cheap. what does a cheap person do when there desperate.. run around collecting 5 or so smashballs in one game. I can dodge the finals once or twice.. but crap.

BTW, I recommend using max8, it consumes less memory,especially for 32bit systems. if your running the new max on 32.. ha its going to crash and freeze a heck of alot. the new ones are built around 64bit operations now for speed. I'm sure the future will all depend on the 64bit era

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
brawl is very rounded, but playing melee almost to a competitive degree.. brawl is not balanced at all. some gave an example, I can lose to a little girl in pink dress.

smashballs made smash bros cheap. what does a cheap person do when there desperate.. run around collecting 5 or so smashballs in one game. I can dodge the finals once or twice.. but crap.

BTW, I recommend using max8, it consumes less memory,especially for 32bit systems. if your running the new max on 32.. ha its going to crash and freeze a heck of alot. the new ones are built around 64bit operations now for speed. I'm sure the future will all depend on the 64bit era
o_o Hm...
Well, I haven't crashed, and I'm 32-bit...so yea.
It just crashed.

***!
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
lucario has a shockingly simular control feel as mewtwo did in melee ? talk about replaced much.
nintendo was wise though, they knew that they had lost there older generation pokemon fans, and tried to appeal to the newer generation. so if your a lucario fan, yeah ok. but respect mewtwo, he's old school man.

as for roy, ok I can see the argument, but I still like him, he's an antique to the series now.

lastly, the only requirement for creating a mod with his tool is going to be knowledge with a 3d editor.. which actually isn't hard.
so I think what you said about people making crappy models, is kinda shallow. how the hell do you learn to create better stuff, without screwing up a few times. how in the world does a community grow if everyone's afraid to post there mods.

of course there's going to be alot of muck coming out at first, but you should be more supportive, there not spitting on the hard work. there trying to compliment it, and make their mods come a reality.

I don't know much about moveset modding, but personally I can't wait to start replacing models. i think the alternate costume colours work on a separate model PAC, so we can add 5 or 6 models to one character slot.
If Lucario is so similar to Mewtwo, why don't I suck with Lucario? Oh wait, I know why. BECAUSE LUCARIO AND MEWTWO HAVE ALMOST NOTHING IN COMMON. Now I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to have Mewtwo in, but if I see one more person say that Lucario is just Mewtwo with a different look, then I am going to absolutely lose it.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
If Lucario is so similar to Mewtwo, why don't I suck with Lucario? Oh wait, I know why. BECAUSE LUCARIO AND MEWTWO HAVE ALMOST NOTHING IN COMMON. Now I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to have Mewtwo in, but if I see one more person say that Lucario is just Mewtwo with a different look, then I am going to absolutely lose it.
Lucario is just Mewtwo with a different look :psycho:

Of course, Mewtwo is cooler...he IS the original ubermench pokemonster, so yeh.

You know what, scratch that. Mewtwo is superior to Lucario in every way (**** going by smash standards!!!). End of story.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
hmmm. I guess that's true, also if it is going to be private, you'll need to make sure it doesn't get leaked, unless you don't care if it gets leaked or not.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
hmmm. I guess that's true, also if it is going to be private, you'll need to make sure it doesn't get leaked, unless you don't care if it gets leaked or not.
So he hides a random version number in each individual version he hands out, and if it gets leaked, looks up the number and figures out who did so.

That's the most protection you could get.

Well, that, or having it delete itself after a certain time period, or something.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Viewtiful Joe? Please? ._.

I really want to see him in Brawl, as well as Mewtwo. No one seems to see VJ's potential as a Brawl character.
Of course Viewtiful Joe would be great.

Anyway Mewtwo is very different from Lucario in playstyle. And Mewtwo from the anime was awesome. Come on, he's a psychopathic Pokemon who has actually MURDERED people - murder... in Pokemon. And he made Ash cry, didn't he? I say he's the best Pokemon just for that.

For Roy, I kinda feel like if there were 3 Fire Emblem characters - ALL WITH SWORDS - it wouldn't represent the series that well. Really, it's Sakurai's fault for starting it. But there's a lot more to Fire Emblem than just swords. I mean there's spears, axes, swords, bows and arrows, different types of magic, mounts, transformations, etc.. Still, there are people who want to main Roy again. I wonder if everyone who SAYS they mained Roy really did, because when Melee was actually out he was a very unpopular character. Mostly because he sucked and he was obscure.

Anyway, if anyone wants to make Mewtwo, I'd say to make him a bit different than in Melee. Because he and Roy were very low tier in Melee. And I'm not of the mind that balance changes should be made entirely by changing damage.

Oh, and Umbreon would be interesting. I don't really care about him, but every character in Brawl is capable of standing on its hind legs. It'd be weird to see and use a character who can't.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
B+ does play like melee, its brawl, with melee physics (well similar).
It also plays a bit like 64. a bit like Brawl, and a bit unique to itself. So it has elements of all Smash games along with some new stuff. Really, the only universal and distinct Melee mechanic added was the momentum code (allowing some characters to carry running momentum into the air when jumping).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom