• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Cold - A Cold Con Tournament *RULE UPDATE*

Sumer

Smash Ace
If thats the case Sumer, I call a spot :D what day would you be leaving anyways? I have 3 friends that live in EL, one near Brody, one in the Honors College dorms, and one somewhere else on campus @_@, so if I needed to I can housing the night before we leave.
Okay. lol That means I can take two more people, which I'll figure out later. <.<

My time off request was rejecteddddddddddddddddddd!!!! :(
That sucks. x.x Where do you work?

l
I will probably be in Michigan on Friday morning actually, I'lll make it to you whenever though. Most likely after 4 pm
Cool. I might have to work Friday morning, but I should get out around 4 if I do. I'll be taking Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday off though, so we could possibly leave right after you get there and chill with SuperTH if he doesn't mind. lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Alright, I pretty much can house everyone, providing it doesn't get ridiculous. People gotta sleep sometime - I hear there is a tournament in the morning.

By the by, would you guys be interested in turning the Mid-Tier into a Project: M tournament(or other Smash Mod). Considering it's new and available in a hackless state, it could turn some interest up. What do you guys think?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
OMGGGGGGG MILES!

Ori has revived my thoughts of actually going to this! I actually may be able too =DDD
So I can win that $1 from ya :3
As long as all goes to plans, if not, I totally blame Ori for rising my dreams and killing them ;[

Sumer

Smash Ace
I have to work Friday night, but I'm hoping to get off of work before midnight. @.@ So we might be there a little late on Friday, but we'll be there. lol

Also, hype~

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Those early Smashers coming to brawl, I'm probably not going to sleep. Try hard to get off early, but I'm thinking I'll be nappin' before you get here, so call me when you hit Ludington. And call until I wake the hell up because I can be a heavy sleeper. Or lazy. Or both.

And is anybody else looking to come? I'm finalizing the details now(took long enough, I know), but I'm interested in who is coming Sunday only, especially from the Mid-MI crowd and GR.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well as it stands, Midtiers will be Saturday with no real time frame, just an extra tournament with a $5 buy-in before doubles to get everyone warmed up and have some fun. A Brawl Mod or Melee Tournament will take place after Singles on Sunday, same buy in.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well they made it a fair way and are now crashed on the comfy chairs on location. Seeing some good local support and getting some people interested in Singles tomorrow.

Midtiers start at 2 PM.

Doubles start at 8 PM, may be moved down to six depending on how fast Black Ops goes.

Speaking of Black Ops, I'm now running that tournament too.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Can't wait to go. (I really wanted to go to Mid Tier and show off my trashy wolf game :D) Anyway I will be out there early tomorrow. I have to get up quite early to be there but it will be worth. Look for someone wearing a reptar hoodie and that will be me. See you guys there :D

rsr2

Smash Lord
Oh my god that is perfect. I am leaving right now. I should be there at around 12:00 12:30. See you guys there. If I am unable to play on time. Oh well I will just be there to hang. See ys :D

Roller

Smash Legend
...There should not be an apostrophe. His grammar (Yes, that his how you spell grammar. There's no "e.") was correct the first time. It's ok though, once you get to middle school they'll go over that again. ;]

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Pretty fun tournament, overall. Because of other tournaments players kept running about and we had to drop most of them beforehand while others got scurred. Apparently West MI needs spines.

So while most locals were very scurred, props to the locals who stuck around - they were surprisingly resilient.

Also, the venue is great and it's already cleared for next year, and I'll be spending the next year toughening up the locals who did come and did want to strive to get better. I found quite a few more this time than last time, and being a college student lends me a lot of time with them.

Also, Black Ops SUCKS.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
There really isn't a point for a results thread but here is what the results where. Payout for Mid Tiers is slipping by me atm.

Singles (Round Robin, but Sumer and I after Round Robin did a best of 5 set for Grand Finals)
1. Sumer :metaknight::wolf: ($33)
2. Ori :marth: ($12)
3. Robjo :wolf::marth:
4. RSR2 :wolf::falco:
5. Matt :ike::marth:

Mid Tiers
1. Sumer :wolf::falcon:
2. WuvZz :yoshi2::rob:
3. Super :mario2::fox:
4. Robjo :jigglypuff::wolf:
5. Ori :wolf::rob:
5. Shaymin :toonlink:
7. Eric :sheik:
7. Matt :ike:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Dat Yoshi ;D

For Pay-Outs for Mid-Tiers was
Sumer $21
Me $10
I believe Super got like... $3?
You got $2
And I think Robjo got like $2 or $3 also. Can't remember exactly.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
More entrants for mid tiers... lol. I'm assuming mid tiers happened first and what few locals where there got scared off.

Top Bottom