• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Cold - A Cold Con Tournament *RULE UPDATE*

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Fail hype for this!
umad?

So guys, I checked out the space today. It's pretty large, but it's got a pretty low ceiling, so it feels... I dunno, weird. Not that anyone is gonna be hitting their heads or attempting to, it just makes the room look small.

Or maybe because it's all in Hexagons.

Oh, also? There is a fireplace. I know that has no real significance, but gorramit, I like it. Now if I get my hands on a camera, I'll be able to take some shots and add it to the main post for all to see, but that would involve remembering to do just that.

Outside of that, for those who haven't yet, check the new rules, the new stagelist, etc. I'm still getting in contact with the main host to hammer out stuff like TV's and food and stuff, but I just confirmed that Taco Bell is within 6 miles of the Venue, and large number of other food choices within 2 miles of that.

Quick list of food available within 10 Miles of the Venue(and 2 miles of eachother):
China Buffet
Hunan Gardens(Chinese)
El Rancho
Taco Bell
Spanky's Pizza
Hungry Howie's (Pizza)
Ponderosa
Arby's
McDonalds
Burger King
Wendy's
Little Caesars
KFC
Big Boy
Big Apple Bagels
Subway(x2)

And for those who are staying at my place, in the morning we can choose to go to A&W, as well, if they're open. I don't remember when they do, though.

-----------
Edit: I believe most of the rules SWF guys will find unsatisfactory can be rendered null by player agreement for the match, like the IC's rule.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah so Michigan lets start organizing our carpool for this. I have faith that we can organize this ahead of time.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
By the by, for those interested, there is a lot more to do at Cold Con then just the tournament. There is a lot of tabletop gaming for those who play those kinds of games(MtG, although I've seen some Yugioh cropping up recently) as well as some zombie related board games(Last Night on Earth, Resident Evil).

Along with those are some Pen and Paper games, an all day Anime Room, and we have special guests in that some of the girls from D20 Girls Magazine will be there.

As for Smash, I believe a third, Mid-Tier tournament will be held Mid-Day on Saturday. This isn't confirmed but it is very likely.

One bit of sad news for those returning from Smashing the Backstage is the HellFyre, a local who was looking forward to this tournament, can't make it as he is going to finals. I know most of you won't care, but he's put in some time. Thought he deserved a mention.

Why no I wasn't making a post to bump the topic.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
By the by, for those interested, there is a lot more to do at Cold Con then just the tournament. There is a lot of tabletop gaming for those who play those kinds of games(MtG, although I've seen some Yugioh cropping up recently) as well as some zombie related board games(Last Night on Earth, Resident Evil).

Along with those are some Pen and Paper games, an all day Anime Room, and we have special guests in that some of the girls from D20 Girls Magazine will be there.

As for Smash, I believe a third, Mid-Tier tournament will be held Mid-Day on Saturday. This isn't confirmed but it is very likely.

One bit of sad news for those returning from Smashing the Backstage is the HellFyre, a local who was looking forward to this tournament, can't make it as he is going to finals. I know most of you won't care, but he's put in some time. Thought he deserved a mention.

Why no I wasn't making a post to bump the topic.
I'll have to go check the rest of the Con out it sounds like a blast!
hopefully theres midtier, doubles only is kinda waste of time lol
Doubles is what makes brawl a lot more fun even though I enjoy each game :@

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Eh, I haven't talked to the host but I'm adding Mid-Tier. No idea if it's Saturday or Sunday, so come early just in case.

And for those interested in housing, remember to PM me and I'll send you my number.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan Lets seriously try and make this. I'm on Winter Recess during this and thats a reason to go. Miles is even offering housing to us we shouldn't pass this up.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Oh and sumer one more thing, what time would you guys go to the tourney or day. I can get myself a whooping 21 day advance purchase if I buy today, that's why I kinda gotta know if you guys are leaving sat morning or not, it would help me greatly lol.

And I guess you don't have to buy some CON badge to get it (so just venue fee 10) that's tight.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ally i would assume Friday night would be when we would try to get up there. Miles is offering us housing then ad if we left saturday we woukd have to leave kinda early since its 4.5-5 hours away :O

Sumer

Smash Ace
I'll probably leave on Friday since I think we have housing for Friday and Saturday, and I haven't heard anything about badges, just the venue free.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Housing Friday? I'll have to check, but it should be okay if only a few show up(3-4). Saturday is different, I can probably house around 7-8 guys if you guys don't mind the floor. We have 2 available air mattresses(one single, one double), so there's three, a bed, there's another 2, and extra floor space for those who don't mind/bring their own air mattress.

If I recall correctly, I can house up to 11 people on air mattresses, with nooks and crannies for more - but I'm really not comfortable with that large of a number outright.

And seriously, let me know who all is coming.

And for those interesting, Mid-Tier will probably start at around 4:00 Saturday if I can get it in there. I have no idea how busy Black Ops will be so we'll either work around them or hold it after Singles on Sunday.

Sumer

Smash Ace
So registration starts at 10am on Saturday and Brawl Doubles starts at 8pm? Also, can we register for Brawl Singles on Saturday?

And Ally's gonna be arriving at my place around Midnight on Friday (Saturday Morning) I believe, and it's about a 3 hour drive, so if we got there around 4, would that be fine? o.o I'll need your address though. lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So registration starts at 10am on Saturday and Brawl Doubles starts at 8pm? Also, can we register for Brawl Singles on Saturday?

And Ally's gonna be arriving at my place around Midnight on Friday (Saturday Morning) I believe, and it's about a 3 hour drive, so if we got there around 4, would that be fine? o.o I'll need your address though. lol
Sumer if I can get to EL, I'll have gas money for you if you take me :love::love::love:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO

Registration for all tournaments starts Saturday at 10:00 AM.
I'm lobbying for a Mid-Tier tournament to start at 4:00 PM on Saturday.
Brawl Doubles starts at 8 PM Saturday.
Brawl Singles will start at 11 AM Sunday.
There will be a dinner break after pools and before bracket.
--If the Mid-Tier cannot be run on Saturday, I will run it on Sunday after Singles if there is enough player interest.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Sumer if I can get to EL, I'll have gas money for you if you take me :love::love::love:
I can if there's room in my car. I've yet to decide on who's all going to be in my car since I might be the only car going as far as I know. XD

Registration for all tournaments starts Saturday at 10:00 AM.
I'm lobbying for a Mid-Tier tournament to start at 4:00 PM on Saturday.
Brawl Doubles starts at 8 PM Saturday.
Brawl Singles will start at 11 AM Sunday.
There will be a dinner break after pools and before bracket.
--If the Mid-Tier cannot be run on Saturday, I will run it on Sunday after Singles if there is enough player interest.
Alright, cool~

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You are going to want to add the counterpicking system to your ruleset since theres a good chance that many of your locals won't know how the procedure goes down.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If thats the case Sumer, I call a spot :D what day would you be leaving anyways? I have 3 friends that live in EL, one near Brody, one in the Honors College dorms, and one somewhere else on campus @_@, so if I needed to I can housing the night before we leave.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration

l
I will probably be in Michigan on Friday morning actually, I'lll make it to you whenever though. Most likely after 4 pm

Top Bottom