• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in Berlin 2

Jonas

Smash Champion
Makes me kinda angry I can't go because I'm poor and can't find a job because Portugal sucks and there are people who decide not to go because they don't feel like it.

/salt
Don't worry man I'll go and rep dat Boozer

or at least I'll be there

NNID
Budget_Player
what's the reason for banning brinstar? ...just wondering :)
N/a

I was hoping for a clearer answer but, as you said, we are Europe :(

It sure took you a long time to realize this stage is not viable for competition.
Yes, and a lot of tournament results constantly showing that the stage was viable for competition. :awesome:

But yeah, Brinstar & RC just dont fit in our metagame, and therefore, it doesnt fit our competitive standards/ideals etc.
This is where we disagree. See, I'm basing my assumption of Brinstar fitting into our metagame on the fact that it did for a good 3 years, and there were no problems. :glare: This is not hard to figure out.

PS2 doesnt too,
You are so completely wrong that it hurts.

This new German ruleset is garbage and I refuse to endorse it in any way, and will recommending less ridiculous alternatives to every TO I meet.

NNID
Budget_Player
You're awesome.

Also, BPC doesn't get it. He's not good enough and he plays MK, I can understand him wanting Brinstar. That's not the way it goes down tho.
I also advocate Green Greens, Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes, and Yoshi's Island (Melee). Go ahead and tell me that I'm selfishly advocating these stages because they benefit MK.

I don't even really like Brinstar. I find the stage irritating and dull to play on. I advocate it out of principle, principles that should damn well be upheld.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Cadet. Items are also viable for competition (Not all just like stages), why dont you try to get items into competitive play?

Just curious. Serious Question though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I also advocate Green Greens, Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes, and Yoshi's Island (Melee). Go ahead and tell me that I'm selfishly advocating these stages because they benefit MK.
These stages all benefit MK. They might benefit other characters as well but they definitely benefit MK.

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yep. Gheb is right.
There is NO stage MK is bad on.
You could say "MK is worse on it" because that might be true.
And then his worst is probably FD. But he still isnt bad on FD.
All the other Stages in this game are better for him than FD I think, at least all the stages that might fit into our competitive gaming (This means - I dunno about Stages like Bridge of Eldin - But they will stay banned forever anyway, so that doesnt count).

NNID
Budget_Player
Cadet. Items are also viable for competition (Not all just like stages), why dont you try to get items into competitive play?

Just curious. Serious Question though.
You really want to make this comparison? Really?

These stages all benefit MK. They might benefit other characters as well but they definitely benefit MK.

YI(M) and Pirate Ship benefit MK?
Yoshi's Island: Melee has tiny vertical blastzones, is incredibly hard to platform camp due to the nature of the platforms, and its layout makes kills off the sides very difficult against people who are decent at DIing and Teching. Oh, and you'd have to be ******** beyond belief to get gimped here.
Pirate Ship has very large blastzones overall, offers potent hazards, and you can't kill off the bottom without a spike. You can't get gimped here. Pirate Ship is arguably the worst stage in the game for MK in all but a few matchups-it just sucks for him. What does it offer him?

Yep. Gheb is right.
There is NO stage MK is bad on.
You could say "MK is worse on it" because that might be true.
And then his worst is probably FD. But he still isnt bad on FD.
All the other Stages in this game are better for him than FD I think, at least all the stages that might fit into our competitive gaming (This means - I dunno about Stages like Bridge of Eldin - But they will stay banned forever anyway, so that doesnt count).
We have to look at Stage+Character+Second Character. I'd say that YI(M) is not just bad, but absolutely horrible for MK in the Snake and Olimar matchups. Pirate Ship is absolutely horrid for MK against Marth, Diddy, and anyone else who gets gimped easily and has a decent spike. To claim "MK has no bad stages" is just simply wrong. Factually inaccurate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So the small blastzones on YI are bad for MK. And the large blastzones on Pirate Ship are bad for him too? Looks like you're just arguing anything to be bad for MK to justify your stances. Pity, because I don't even think Pirate Ship is too bad of a stage but your arguments are so obviously manipulative that nobody with a [functioning] brain would question that you just want this stages legal for your own personal benefit more than anything else.

Top Bottom