• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in Berlin 2

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
Instead of mid-tier side event make it a high-tier (and below) :D

NNID
Budget_Player
Ruleset will be released pretty soon.

Tip: Cadet won't like it :troll:
***** I will cut you.

Well, I'd support MK banned, and maybe even give it a try (At least as side-event) IF the "MK problem" would be just like in america.

But in Europe, MK banned could also be called Anti-Staco/Orion Tournament lol
Yeah, lol. We don't have an MK problem. There are like, what, 3, maybe 4 notable MKs that come to our tournaments...
-Orion
-Staco
-Reaper (does he count as notable any more?)
-Can we count Kaos or Bjay? :laugh:

And then there are a bunch more like me, Akuma, Gale, Xawas, etc. who either aren't that great or get by mostly with a different character. When was the last time an MK won an international? BiB was Lp... MSN was Leon... DS was Lp again... M2N was Ramin... Jeez.

Also, that reminds me. This list is copiously missing a certain smasher by the name of "Leon". Paging Leon to the thread. Also Lp seems to be missing. I'd page him but he's been here recently. Sup wid dat shiz?

No. We don't have an MK problem. We have a marth problem. :laugh: And as such, banning more stages that MK is good on would be irresponsible. Right? Right?!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lp didn't win BiB2 ... yet :bee:

And :urg: @ people still managing to somehow sleep on Bjay.

:059:

NNID
Budget_Player
He hasn't been to recent tournaments around here, has he? He's like Kaos-you don't see him much in these parts. I hear he's good (I've gotten my *** handed to me by him, I can confirm that he's good), but he's not really around for these tournaments.

Staco

Smash Champion
I think it´s been a long time since the last MK won a big international tourney in Europe.
It probably was somewhere before BBI afaik.

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
^do I count as spaniard? :p

Hint:
I'm Portuguese

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So I checked all the email/PNs etc.

I still need the confirm-informations from:

Jonas

Faab
Four Sword
iStudy
Mr-R

Anaky
C.R.Z

It should be sent before the tournament, so at best do it as soon as possible, so its done (:

Oh and, if youre not sure about coming yet, tell me, so its easier for me to handle ^^"

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Update 70/100.

And still missing email from:

Jonas
Faab
Four Sword
iStudy
Mr-R
T
Anaky
C.R.Z

:)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Makes me kinda angry I can't go because I'm poor and can't find a job because Portugal sucks and there are people who decide not to go because they don't feel like it.

/salt

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
what's the reason for banning brinstar? ...just wondering :)

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for a clearer answer but, as you said, we are Europe :(

It sure took you a long time to realize this stage is not viable for competition.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well we had sometimes Brinstar, and sometimes RC allowed in Germany, depending on the host. Sometimes PS2, sometimes not. Now it's PS2 only our of those 3.

But yeah, Brinstar & RC just dont fit in our metagame, and therefore, it doesnt fit our competitive standards/ideals etc.
PS2 doesnt too, BUT in Germany it's pretty accepted, even though Holland/France dislike it anyway.
We will see how PS2 will work @BiB2 and other future tournaments :)

Btw. Mid Tiers (Just like the american Tier List):

Banned: :metaknight: :diddy: :snake: :falco: :marth: :warioc: :popo: :olimar: :pikachu2: :lucario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :toonlink:
Allowed: :fox: :wolf: :rosalina: :dk2: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :sonic: :ike: :sheilda: :luigi2: :sheik: :ness2: :yoshi2: :pt: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :samus2: :falcon::link2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the answer :)
Now I won't need to ban brinstar, I can proceed to ban smashville every time :awesome: (actually it doesn't matter cause I don't plan to win any game lol)

about mid tiers:
-shouldn't you say "BBR tier list" instead of "american tier list"? :p
-You were thinking about adding GaW and TL. Instead you could remove the D-tier (fox, wolf and peach) cause there are many people playing them as sucessfull as high tier users in Central Europe. /dunno
But its awesome anyway and will be pretty hype!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Love how you kept the Rosalina pic. :p

I don't really get the fuss over mid tier, it only lost Toon Link. While Fox/Wolf/Peach are clearly among the best in that environment, I don't think they break it, so the right call was made here IMO. Also approve of Brinstar being banned, we did the same for our upcoming national (Archer).

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Could you guys please contact these people asap and tell them to send the informations mail/pm ^^
That would be nice, thx (:

Faab
Four Sword
iStudy

CRZ
Anaky

Top Bottom