• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Hacking Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
So my friend and I were trying to download an updated codeset, but it when we tried to play it, it wouldn't load. My friend said that we need Gecko 1.09. Would anyone know where and how to download it? Thanks.

Almas

Smash Lord
You can find the newest version of Gecko at usbgecko.com.

Generally, we call the three regions NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL. Not sure where this M comes from.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
so I tried using the infinite smash balls, and the smash ball activator, but my game freezes when a second person gets the smash ball, once I got it to work but then when we tried using it at the same time it froze, what's happening. Also my game randomly crashes when using textures.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
help please? I'd love for this to work but it seems that just the activator wont work because I've used the infinite smashballs with the super scope shoots smashballs code. Just think, four final smashes going off at once.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
How do you do stage Texture swaps?
What is the file path, and what are the specific name formats the stages have to be named?
And how do you make it to where a Portrait appears?
Do you have to name it something specific?

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Well,i have another problem now. I got the over 8000 code. Gecko says:SD Codes Found applying.Yeah,the game loads but as I start a battle,no codes are activated. It is basically the same old Brawl.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Ok I heard I can still use the GCT loader method for versions that require Gecko 1.9. However, only some codes, such as Ivysaur's up+b lag are loaded, but codes like Ivysaur keeping more than one up+b and Falcon down+b jump renewal are not. Any solutions?

On a side note, I don't know if I can use Gecko 1.9 since I load my game through backup launcher...

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I'd like to know if there's a fix for the extra stages on Melee's stage section; the one I'm using mostly freezes when I try to view replays.
Thanks~
spunit made the code by the way...

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Does anybody know how the progress on the 7-player brawl code is coming along?

I wouldn't mind if it were just CPU players for slots 5,6,and 7. So long as it gets done.

porgporgporg

Smash Rookie
So I posted this in another thread, but now that it occurs to me, it was proooobably the wrong one. Deeply sorry for this breach of etiquette. My issue is as follows; I'm trying to access the models and textures for the SSE bosses and enemies; can't find 'em.

Everything points towards the stage/adventure folder, but other than the Pokey Statue and that one weird enemy gallery on the Halberd, I haven't had any luck. So I looked at the boss texture replacements that have been done to find the exact files, and then I ran those files through STASH.

All I've gotten from that, though, are the models and textures for the arena in which you fight the bosses. I assume it's not a problem with my files, as the same phenomenon is evident when I run the texture replacement .pac through STASH. Obviously the textures at least need to be in that one, so I'm stumped at my inability to find them.

Is this a problem with the software I'm using? I've tried STASH, ASH, ais.0.2.3 or whichever version it's at, and SSBextract. Is there maybe a step missing? Any info a more experienced ISO diver could give me would be greeeaatly appreciated.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
I thought the SSE bosses were object/item stuffz...

Uhm, apparently, l mixed up two .pcs files, the Fox O'Donnell one and Wolf McCloud one.... When l went in Brawl, instead of garbled graphics, I got the models with textures mixed up. It actually didn't look too bad, aside from the blasters being in test render positions, and how Wolf with Fox's model froze upon being footstooled, or shielding.
So, does that mean .pcs files are texture data and model data? 'Cause that would explain how the Jigglypuff costumes work the way they do.
It seems like this can be like Moveset swapping, but with less glitches. I replaces the model, not the moveset, so the items that aren't attatched to the character still load properly... O.o

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Corrupted Sound? (Brawl+ Sound Issue?)

So, recently I've been playing the latest nightly builds of Brawl+ and something I've noticed is around 20% of the time I play a match on Final Destination, around half way through, I start getting a very loud noise of nonsense that comes out of my TV speakers. Usually quitting the game and getting past the contest screen fixes this but it doesn't disappear until after those.

I'll probably be able to post a video once I get my gamebridge back from a friend. But until then, I don't have much more information.

Has anyone had this problem as well?
Does anyone know a possible fix?
Post any information here.

GPDP

Smash Ace
It's the camera codes. Or at least, one of the two camera codes.

There is no fix for it at the moment, other than taking those codes out yourself.

Also, you don't have to quit the match. The sound will stop after about 5 seconds.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
So, recently I've been playing the latest nightly builds of Brawl+ and something I've noticed is around 20% of the time I play a match on Final Destination, around half way through, I start getting a very loud noise of nonsense that comes out of my TV speakers. Usually quitting the game and getting past the contest screen fixes this but it doesn't disappear until after those.

I'll probably be able to post a video once I get my gamebridge back from a friend. But until then, I don't have much more information.

Has anyone had this problem as well?
Does anyone know a possible fix?
Post any information here.
It is the Camera Bubble Modifier.

Does it sound like a rocket ship?

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
I thought the SSE bosses were object/item stuffz...

Uhm, apparently, l mixed up two .pcs files, the Fox O'Donnell one and Wolf McCloud one.... When l went in Brawl, instead of garbled graphics, I got the models with textures mixed up. It actually didn't look too bad, aside from the blasters being in test render positions, and how Wolf with Fox's model froze upon being footstooled, or shielding.
So, does that mean .pcs files are texture data and model data? 'Cause that would explain how the Jigglypuff costumes work the way they do.
It seems like this can be like Moveset swapping, but with less glitches. I replaces the model, not the moveset, so the items that aren't attatched to the character still load properly... O.o
When ever you use textures, you are essentially swapping different colored models, so yes.

comboking

Smash Master
I am using LoadMii and when I get to the Gecko menu it says it is applying the codes. But then all I get is a code dump what am I doing wrong?
I load LoadMii with bannerbomb btw.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
what is the code for replacing diddy's peanut with the kat and ana assist trophy? i may this may sound nooby, but don't give me a link to the code thread or give me the universal code please. i am trying to combine codes to get it to work, so just looking at the actual code will allow me to fix my mistake.

comboking

Smash Master
It did not work. Here is some of the code dump info.

Exception (DSI) occured!
GPR06 FFFFF61C GPR08 CD0000004 GPR16 80EA0000 GPR24 80EA0000 (FIRSTLINE)

Stack Dump!
80e 09a34 --> 80030000 81240000 7F804800 --> 409E0014 (THE ARROWS MIGHT BE IN THE WRONG PLACE) If no one can awnser tell me who to contact.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Well,i have another problem now. I got the over 8000 code. Gecko says:SD Codes Found applying.Yeah,the game loads but as I start a battle,no codes are activated. It is basically the same old Brawl.
Since noone answered -.-

Zecron

Smash Rookie
my problem here is that I try to laungh gecko 1.9 to play brawl+, but it doesn't load my game, gecko 1.9 loads two times your game, and by the second time nothing happens, just an error that there was an error by reading my game, my brawl doesn't have any damage and it is original...

any of you know what is wrong?

(another thing... when I put my brawl it loads by the first time, but when I try gecko it doesn't read the second time that gecko 1.9 do :( )

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Since noone answered -.-
I have created an easy hacking file, that will give you many textures, codemanager V.1.0 (the one that DOES work with the new Gecko, the one that lets you use over 8000 lines), the new Gecko (completely set up, you just need Homebrew), the gameconfig.txt file that must be placed in the SD card (made correctly), and some files that you can use codes with, including my giant code list called rsbe.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) This is only for American Wiis.
2) You must copy and paste the "pc" folder onto your computer.
3) You must open the "SD" folder, and copy & paste its contents onto your SD card.
4) I don't have homebrew on this, you must download it for yourself.
5) Cupid's Codes is a folder of codes compiled by me, some of them are really cool!

And finally, the download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231590265/Wii_Easy_Hack_Menu3.3_jan8.rar.html
Use this. DL it, open it, find the SD folder, open it, and copy&paste its contents onto ur SD card.

Percon

Smash Lord
Hey, can someone lend me a hand?

I've wanted to try Brawl+ but it's been a bit of a challenge. Right now I'm looking forward to getting everything to work more than actually playing :p

I have Wii System Menu 4.0, so I know I couldn't use the twilight hack. Instead, I thought I'd try Bannerbomb Alpha. What I have on my SD card is:

/boot.elf (this is the latest version of gecko OS)
/codes/RSBE01.gct (the nightly builds code pack or whatever)
/private/wii/title/I forget the rest but it's copy and paste from the bannerbomb site. So I'm guessing this is what gets bannerbob to work.

Anyway, what I'm trying is to boot up Gecko OS right from the SD card and load brawl with the codes in the codes folder. Is this the wrong course of action?

What happens is that Gecko starts up fine; I'm brought to the menu. In the config menu, SD cheats is "ON" (which is the default). I haven't changed anything else. I then go "launch game". It looks for the codes, finds them, then says "applying", so I think it worked...

however, then I'm brought to a screen that tells me that exception DSI (lol) occurred. I'm not sure what this means. Can you not boot up gecko right from the SD card? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, but I looked around and it seems like someone has the same problem as me (comboking) though his has not been addressed.

Thanks!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Use more details. Did you use the File Replacement 2.1A code? Is the pf folder set up correctly? What region Wii are you using?

Next time, post this in the Hacking Support thread, or the textures without ISO hacking thread.

Edit: Try out my PF folder. It is set up perfectly, so if it doesn't work, you have a serious prblem. Here is the DL : http://rapidshare.com/files/229695538/cookiemonster_s_pf_folder.rar.html

Almas

Smash Lord
Moved over LordDarko's issue. It did not warrant a thread of its own.

Gordo, you need to provide more information. Which codes? Are you sure that the GeckoOS confirmed it was running?

lorddarko

Smash Cadet
Use more details. Did you use the File Replacement 2.1A code? Is the pf folder set up correctly? What region Wii are you using?

Next time, post this in the Hacking Support thread, or the textures without ISO hacking thread.

Edit: Try out my PF folder. It is set up perfectly, so if it doesn't work, you have a serious prblem. Here is the DL : http://rapidshare.com/files/229695538/cookiemonster_s_pf_folder.rar.html
don't work :urg:

What region Wii are you using = PAL

Did you use the File Replacement 2.1A code = nope

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
I found a code called "Invincible" in a big list of codes, but when I tried it out, it just stopped the damage meter from increasing... There is a "Flinchless" Invincible code somewhere, right? It should be part of a P.O. thing, right?

SRTM

Smash Ace
Recently I got homebrew channel with system version 4.0u (though my wii wants to update again),
and for some reason I can't get online anymore? I always get disconnected..
It has worked perfectly before that..

Whats going on? Anyone else have this problem?
How can I uninstall it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom