• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but sometimes I get some very noticeable and annoying problems with this program. For some of my song hacks, in the middle of playing in a game, the song will just break off and either restart or just skip to the song that plays over the next song in the list. And sometimes in the middle of the song it will just stop playing clearly and will be nothing but a blur of very loud static. I don't know how to fix these issues, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Addressed like 18 posts above yours on the very same page. gg.

anyways, defrag your SD card.

btw just wanna say thanks Dantarion for this app and many other things.

daniel13789

Smash Rookie
I have a problem. Whenever I test the btrsm in game it gets... messed up. It becomes crackly and some times goes to a different music track all together. Rarely it will work for me. So far only 5 worked. The other 10 or so did not work. I tried to defrag my SD card but no luck. Any suggestions? If this has already been answered then please redirect me to the post. I am terrible at searching >.<

(yay first post :D)

EDIT: Okay I feel stupid. Some one already addressed the problem a couple of posts back :p

But still... any solutions?

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem. Whenever I test the btrsm in game it gets... messed up. It becomes crackly and some times goes to a different music track all together. Rarely it will work for me. So far only 5 worked. The other 10 or so did not work. I tried to defrag my SD card but no luck. Any suggestions? If this has already been answered then please redirect me to the post. I am terrible at searching >.<

(yay first post :D)

EDIT: Okay I feel stupid. Some one already addressed the problem a couple of posts back :p

But still... any solutions?
Did you make the brstm? Depending on the tool, you might be doing something wrong...
If not...
Back up everything on your SD card and reformat it...

daniel13789

Smash Rookie
I converted the btrsm's in the GUI v1.5 program. They play fine in the program but not the game. So I don't think its the btrsm's.

Thanks for the tips! I'll post back with the results :D

EDIT: WOOO IT WORKS!!! Thank you so much!

oh_dr_where_art_thou

Smash Rookie
So when will the replacement code 3.5 be out for PAL?
I can't wait to be using this program (and being able to hear my songs . . .)

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
I've found a potential solution to the stuck on "Decoding left channel" bug. All I needed to do was convert the .mp3 file into a .wav file, then proceeded to try and convert it to .brstm with the tool and it worked. Not sure if that's helpful to anyone else, but so far it seems to be working for me.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Guys I tried converting an mp3 into a brstm and it seems to work but halfway through the song I get a horrible crackling sound. Any idea how to fix this? It is VERY annoying. :urg:

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
this thing is so stupid....i put a song on and it compiled and everything and i put it on battlefield and when its in the middle of the song a loud static happens and when its done a song from frigate plays......this is ********...and i redid it 3 TIMES...PIECE OF ****.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
this thing is so stupid....i put a song on and it compiled and everything and i put it on battlefield and when its in the middle of the song a loud static happens and when its done a song from frigate plays......this is ********...and i redid it 3 TIMES...PIECE OF ****.
If you had read a couple posts on the last page... or any page, really, you'd know what's wrong, and how to fix it.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Well, I just downloaded the .NET Framework 3.5 and the 1.5 BCSM-GUI and when I tried it all I get is an error: "BCSM-GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It's like a normal Microsoft error so I can send the error to them, but I think my computer just sucks for that. x_X

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well, I just downloaded the .NET Framework 3.5 and the 1.5 BCSM-GUI and when I tried it all I get is an error: "BCSM-GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It's like a normal Microsoft error so I can send the error to them, but I think my computer just sucks for that. x_X
try using brawlbox's brstm maker and see if you get an error as well with that

WeaselScot

Smash Rookie
I'm actually experiencing the same issue ChibiIceClimberz. Could it be XP users?
And I've also tried to use Brstm Maker, but whenever I do everything correctly on there, it doesn't do anything. I followed the directions, and when I press enter to convert the files, it just skips it entirely and doesn't do anything. I really hope I'm not screwed over on this whole thing. >.<

CamisadoRush

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem with the looping.
Wherever I place a loop point in a song, it starts playing out the left and right channels at different times. What I mean is it starts playing the music from the left side before it starts playing from the right side. I have no idea why this is. It was working fine for about 3 songs and then it stopped. I've tried changing the Hz, that didn't work. Also, when I make it mono instead of stereo it doesn't loop right in game. Does anyone know why this is? I looked through most of this thread and didn't find anything. I even tried re-downloading it.

Can someone help?

Thank you.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm actually experiencing the same issue ChibiIceClimberz. Could it be XP users?
And I've also tried to use Brstm Maker, but whenever I do everything correctly on there, it doesn't do anything. I followed the directions, and when I press enter to convert the files, it just skips it entirely and doesn't do anything. I really hope I'm not screwed over on this whole thing. >.<
@ you and CamisadoRush, get a music editing software (Goldwave or Audacity, you can download either for free) and BrawlBox, get your mp3's, convert 'em to wav's, and convert to BRSTM in BrawlBox. It's much easier

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I've never had this problem before but Now this is bothering me.

Any song that hasn't been added to the list will be highlighted in yellow. I click those songs to be added to the SD card. The 2nd window opens, I pick what stage I want it on and click replace. For some reason the program will only load for a moment then the 2nd window will disappear without adding my song. The song is still highlighted yellow and I won't see the song in the list. Can anyone help me?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I've never had this problem before but Now this is bothering me.

Any song that hasn't been added to the list will be highlighted in yellow. I click those songs to be added to the SD card. The 2nd window opens, I pick what stage I want it on and click replace. For some reason the program will only load for a moment then the 2nd window will disappear without adding my song. The song is still highlighted yellow and I won't see the song in the list. Can anyone help me?
Manually replace the song on your SD, and it'll come up as white in the program. I had to do that once or twice, just a weird bug.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Idk how to do that lol
Rename the song to the song you're going to replace. For example, A01 would replace the Mario Theme on Mushroomy Kingdom. Go to the BRSTM Factory, the first post lists all the song names and their values.
Put the renamed song in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/STRM on your SD

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Rename the song to the song you're going to replace. For example, A01 would replace the Mario Theme on Mushroomy Kingdom. Go to the BRSTM Factory, the first post lists all the song names and their values.
Put the renamed song in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/STRM on your SD
Alright. How do I get to the BRSTM of the song I converted though in order to do this?? Sry I've been really reliant on this program ever since I got it.

Edit: nevermind I got it. Thx for the help

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Alright. How do I get to the BRSTM of the song I converted though in order to do this?? Sry I've been really reliant on this program ever since I got it.

Edit: nevermind I got it. Thx for the help
You're welcome, anytime

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Argh. now it's saying I need to free up space. -_- I deleted like 280 replays out of my 300, afterwards I was able to add one song, but i tried to add another and the message is coming again. Im just being unlucky now xD.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Argh. now it's saying I need to free up space. -_- I deleted like 280 replays out of my 300, afterwards I was able to add one song, but i tried to add another and the message is coming again. Im just being unlucky now xD.
Delete custom stages first, they take up more room
Or, if you don't have any, then just delete all your replays, unfortunately, if that's all you have

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I deleted the rest of my replays then I was able to add one more song. But then I couldn't add another xD So I guess, from the very beginning it was my SD card because I just don't have enough space. I need a bigger one. But once again, thank you anyway.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I deleted the rest of my replays then I was able to add one more song. But then I couldn't add another xD So I guess, from the very beginning it was my SD card because I just don't have enough space. I need a bigger one. But once again, thank you anyway.
Yeah, 2GB is the largest Brawl can handle, so...just an FYI

Video Game Guy

Smash Rookie
Whenever I set a loop start point, it doesn't work. When it's converting it to a brstm, it says Warning: Loop Start is not divisible by 14336...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Whenever I set a loop start point, it doesn't work. When it's converting it to a brstm, it says Warning: Loop Start is not divisible by 14336...
You have to divide your starting loop point by 14336, round up or down to the nearest whole number, muliply by 14336, and add the difference to your end point for a seamless loop

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I'm having a problem with the loop end value on some of my victory themes. when I try to convert music that I have edited using audacity the GUI automatically makes the loop end value 440999 samples regardless of what the actual loop end should be. Strangely enough, If I don't edit my music with audacity the loop end value is what it should be. For some reason this happens to some songs but not others. I've tried changing the endloop manually which makes it work correctly in the GUI, but not in the actual game. Nothing I do is able change the endloop once my music is edited from audacity. Can someone please explain how I can fix this?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
...Does this tool sometimes make songs watery?

I've only experienced this while converting Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship, and then the BCSM-GUI ruins the .mp3 as well... but it works well for all the other songs.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to prevent this?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
...Does this tool sometimes make songs watery?

I've only experienced this while converting Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship, and then the BCSM-GUI ruins the .mp3 as well... but it works well for all the other songs.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to prevent this?
Not that I know of, use a different converter for that song.
@RedX, edit it using Goldwave, I've never had problems with the program when editing with Goldwave. PM me if you wanna know how to get the full version of Goldwave free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom