• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloshy

Smash Rookie
some songs I use with this are crackly/fuzzy and sometimes go into other songs... should I defrag or what?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The sox.exe is a rare bug, I'm not sure how to fix it, I doubt Dantarion knows how to either.
What I don't understand is why redownloading the whole program doesn't resolve the problem. Maybe it caused some sort of internal error within the computer or something?

Edit: Hold up, I think I found the problem. Right click sox.exe > Properties > Compatibility, and if there's a line that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:," make sure that box is checked. The program should work now.

Edit Again: Wait, nvm. It doesn't work again. T.T

Last Edit: Okay, this is weird. It seems to only not work on only one song now. It's working fine on all of my other songs, though, so yeah. Try running sox.exe in compatibility mode for whatever the default setting on your computer is, and I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

Destroyman

Smash Rookie
Bonjour, je suis l'Administrateur du forum "http://nintendo-revolution.xooit.com", Lorsque je veux convertir une musique avec "Brawl custom song maker", je tombe sur un message d'erreur :

DSPADPCM v2.3 - DSP-ADPCM encoder
Copyright 2001 Nintendo. All rights reserved.

Merci de votre aide ( je parle mal l'anglais)

Hello, I'm webmaster of forum " http://nintendo-revolution.xooit.com " and When I want to convert a music with "Brawl custom song maker" ,I fall on a error message :

Help me please ( I don't speak english ) Thank's for you

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I dont know how to help you with that information, but I would like to say that I don't care who you are, or what website you manage :D

Destroyman

Smash Rookie

All message : said:
Processing Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts.mp3

C:\Users\Deathborn\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (3)>tools\revb --extract tools/C12.brstm tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/C12R.dsp

C:\Users\Deathborn\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (3)>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12L.dsp tmp/l.wav -ctmp/l.txt

C:\Users\Deathborn\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (3)>tools\dspadpcm -d tmp/C12R.dsp tmp/r.wav -ctmp/r.txt

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You might have the rare error people seem to have...sometimes it may be a bad mp3 but me (and other people) don't know what it is

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can't fix that one. Someone said something about making sox.exe run in compatibility mode or something, I never tested that though.

Destroyman

Smash Rookie
Is not error on my music.mp3, I test all music.mp3 and all result ^^". What the compatibility mode of sox.exe ? ( windows XP, windows vista or others ? )

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Wrong thread, Milia Hakumei. Ask for this in the Code Q+A and Requests. However, to give you a start, all you need for custom music to work is File Patch 3.5.1 and the Level freezer code located here, BionicSonic's link last post on the page. If you want custom css, they're located throughout the boards.

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Can this convert .brstm files to other formats? Or is that just too awesome? I can't find a way.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Nope, it converts mp3's and wav's (maybe a few others) to brstm, Brawl's music format. I'm sure if you searched Google, you'd find what you need, Starkiller95. Welcome to Smashboards, by the way, in case no one's welcomed you yet.

Zalik

Smash Rookie
Mac?

Is there any other program out there which can make brtsm's or something on a Mac? All those **** things don't work for me now :S

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
Actually I found vgmstream earlier today, it works fine.

Nope, it converts mp3's and wav's (maybe a few others) to brstm, Brawl's music format. I'm sure if you searched Google, you'd find what you need, Starkiller95. Welcome to Smashboards, by the way, in case no one's welcomed you yet.
I don't think I have been, thanks! :)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That happened to me once. I fixed it by extracting everything from the zip file again.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Copied from my post at KC: MM
Segtendo @ KC: MM said:
I love the BCSM-GUI. It's easy to make BRSTM's w/. The ONLY thing now is that when i quit, it gives me this:

It also cuts the songs.db in half. Any solution?
and
Segtendo @ KC: MM said:
Also, here's the code if I click "details"
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'Display Name' in table 'SDLibrary' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
   at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
   at BCSM_GUI.Util.exportSongsDB(String filename)
   at BCSM_GUI.ExportForm.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BCSM-GUI
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/Brawl%20Hacks/Music/GUI/BCSM-GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Can someone please explain why this does this to me D:

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to add labels to songs that are already brstm's?

like, I have some btrstm files already on my SD card, and I want to give them labels in the GUI so I know what songs they are

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Is there a way to add labels to songs that are already brstm's?

like, I have some btrstm files already on my SD card, and I want to give them labels in the GUI so I know what songs they are
Add them to the library folder that came with the GUI, rename them in that folder, and they should load with their names next time you load the GUI
Also, Dantarion, I do hate to ask you, but were you planning on making a new version of the BCSM-GUI? The BrawlBox one is ok, but the problem is it only reads wav's, not mp3's...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think Dant said it himself: if Kryal gives him the code to make brstms manually instead of using Androu's method me and Dantarion use now, he'll make a BCSM-GUI v2.0.

Shadrio

Smash Cadet
Nice Program. Pretty useful since Androu1's tool vanished from existence.

I've been using it for a few moments, and the Youtube video really makes it easy to understand, but I've come across a doubt:

The "Loop Support" feature... does it allow me to mark from what second to what second I want to song to loop? I recently finished cropping a song, but I want it to Loop from second 5 to the end.

In other words, the song would start normally, end, and then it would start again at second 5 and go to the end again, and then loop again from second 5.

As I said, I just started with this program (and Brawl hacking in general), I don't know all the rules about the programs made so far and how Brawl accepts the hacks we put into the game.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Androu1's tool can still be accessed from Vyse's music guide over at Kitty Corp.

Also, it uses samples, not seconds. You could probably just make the Loop Beginning whatever 5 seconds is in samples and the loop end the end of the song...

Shadrio

Smash Cadet
Awesome, thanks for the tip on the fact that Kitty Corp still has that tool. Now I was able to loop the song at my desire, and I must admit it came out as planned. Many thanks.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Suggestion for next version:
Make the volume normalizing an option. I like my songs loud, but your program makes it kind of quiet.

Ziggy-X

Smash Rookie
is there a .brstm to mp3 converting option? so that you could kinds rip OST?
I know the OST is already been released when the game was released in japan, but i want to take songs from other games and want to hear them in an external media player or my ipod.
So if not ...it should be in the next version ^^

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
is there a .brstm to mp3 converting option? so that you could kinds rip OST?
I know the OST is already been released when the game was released in japan, but i want to take songs from other games and want to hear them in an external media player or my ipod.
So if not ...it should be in the next version ^^
Get Winamp and vgmstream. Go to preferences and "Output" and go to the top plugin. Then play the file and it will ask where to dump it (as a wav).

Ziggy-X

Smash Rookie
yeah ... i have an mp3 converter plugin for winamp too, but it would be better to have a converter that converts to both sides ...

sallas09

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but sometimes I get some very noticeable and annoying problems with this program. For some of my song hacks, in the middle of playing in a game, the song will just break off and either restart or just skip to the song that plays over the next song in the list. And sometimes in the middle of the song it will just stop playing clearly and will be nothing but a blur of very loud static. I don't know how to fix these issues, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom