• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, NoName ForYou....

I COULD change your password for you, but then I'd know what it is.... any one have any better ideas?

Otherwise, check your mail. Maybe it's in there, IDK.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's that one solved...

Here's some logos (warning, "some" is an understatement) .... would you be able to remove what's not needed and upload the logos? By not needed I mean copyright bits like (c)1992 blah blah, and any www.gamesdbase.com marks.

I know it's the cartridge, but would you be able to cut the logo out, and use it?

Also, for the GameGear version of the same game, just use the same logo.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know, collapse tags exist for a reason...
I edited your post to put them in collapse tags.

soneek

Smash Ace
We passed the 21000 approved songs mark earlier today. :awesome:

Moose, TUK, Seg, Flame, Linkshot, Darksamus, and myself contributed 68% of the songs on the site.

Mr. Mystery

Smash Rookie
*cough*
If they stop, then have a break, then upload them as E to S.
Which is what i've done with 10+ SRB2 brstms today, and they've been deleted anyway.

Should I even waste my time if it's going to be this much hassle getting consistent instructions about anything?

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
Mr. Mystery, if they loop in the game it's "normal", whether they fade out and start again, or go from beginning to start, it's how they normally loop.

edit: It's impossible for people to hear the loop without downloading the BRSTM, which is why "E to S" is Stupid...not everyone has a program that can play BRSTMs, so if they want to enjoy your music, they would have to start from the beggining every minute or so.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The only problem is, if you select "E to S", then the videos are treated the same as "Does not loop". i.e. if you have a BRSTM that loops at 40 seconds, and set it to "E to S", then the video will only be 40 seconds. So the best thing is to either select normal, or custom.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, guys? Pinhead *shudders* wants to know if we "hydro gonna adbanded this channel"

Also, thanks to me (mostly) we now have 36 songs from Final Fantasy IX.

However, there are still another 74 songs on the OST.... and then, if you want, I can do the additional 42 tracks from the "plus" soundtrack.

soneek

Smash Ace
My friend and I ripped MVC3, and I'm gonna upload some missing themes. I'm not sure what a few of these are, so I'll need help renaming them. Also, these are games that I have streams for, but I'll get around to tagging them all.

Tales of Graces
God Hand
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Eternia (PSP)
Baten Kaitos Origins
Persona 3 Portable
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Mr. Mystery, if they loop in the game it's "normal", whether they fade out and start again, or go from beginning to start, it's how they normally loop.

edit: It's impossible for people to hear the loop without downloading the BRSTM, which is why "E to S" is Stupid...not everyone has a program that can play BRSTMs, so if they want to enjoy your music, they would have to start from the beggining every minute or so.
Exactly this...

Read the loop types carefully:

• The original song naturally loops
  • The original song does not naturally loop, but the Brstm does
  • The original song does not naturally loop, and the Brstm
    reaches the end and starts over
  • The song does not loop

The E to S loop is if the ORIGINAL SONG does NOT loop. E.g. a victory theme, or a title theme. If the song actually loops like that in the game then they are "Normal" loops.

They are only CUSTOM loops if you've actually edited the song to loop. E.g. if you wanted to make them loop continously, by using audacity and overlapping so that the end goes smoothly into the beginning of the loop, such as with my Call of Duty BRSTMs, THEN they'd be "The original song does not naturally loop, but the Brstm does"

But then, Nintenguy, there IS a button you can click on the MP3 players on the site that repeats the BRSTMs. It's like a circular arrow.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Now now. Be nice, you guys. Don't call each other names or infractions will be handed out.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So Sweden one the ESC by a few miles :p

Anyway, I wasn't being hostile (intentionally). I was just explaining that they should only be E to S, if they're actually custom loops, or more specifically, if they are not normal loops.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I would change this, but I wanted Soneek to see it first.

Isn't it Valkyrie, not Valkyria?

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/1281

Also ds77, for the love of God (who goes by the name of AlaricSkywalker :p), could you please remove the tracknumbers in your uploads?
"2-07 The Battle Of Endor II (Leia Is Wounded - The Duel Begins & Overt"

As in the '2-07' part in that case?

Also, try not to use such long names.... as.... well "Overt" should give you a clue.

You only need to put the full trackname, of "The Battle Of Endor II"

"2-07 The Battle of Endor II (Leia is Wounded - The Duel Begins - Overtaking the Bunker - The Dark Side Beckons - The Emperor's Death)"

Also, just out of curiousity, do each of the 5 parts smoothly go in to each other, or is it like 5 different pieces that fade out? Like a single audio file made up of 5 songs pasted together, including fadeouts and endings, almost like a FLAC file that hasn't been separated or a CD converted to a single audio file?

soneek

Smash Ace
Nope, that one is Valkyria. I'll finish that game up either tomorrow or Monday after I tag everything.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm being random when it comes to that. Rarely would I actually complete a whole game's OST alone (last time I did was for Rokko Chan).

soneek

Smash Ace
Yes, yes we are lol.

I just glanced at the pending page, and I don't think we should allow someone to upload ONLY E to S brstms. That's pretty much saying they don't care to attempt looping anything. They can use the BrawlVault if they wanna be lazy.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll go through the list a little later, so don't worry about it. I'll email the guy though and see what's up.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Wouldn't take... what?

Also, for someone who said they were going away, and wouldn't have any internet connection for something like 2-3 years, you're spending a relatively awful lot of time here, moosey :p

Also, so.... what you mean, is that when you upload a BRSTM, if it's a non-looping BRSTM, it'd automatically set it to "does not loop"? The "E to S" loop wouldn't exist (because let's face it, no one really wants to play a game where the song fades out, and restarts, right? None of the music in the game does it anyway so... well, except for one single song, but generally, game music is a continuous loop).

As for ones that do loop, what you're saying is that if they upload a looped BRSTM, then it'll automatically be set to "Loop" (or whatever you'd call it), but then there'd be a checkbox saying "Custom Loop"?

Also, as I said, there'd have to be an explanation as to what a 'custom loop' is. I'm assuming my 'definition' or at lest 'description' is the same as most people's, which is that:
A custom loop does NOT refer to the loop points, i.e. if you made a BRSTM of a track from Mario Kart 7, and found 'custom loop points', then the loop is NOT custom. The "custom" in "custom loop" refers to the actual loop, itself not the loop points -- is that correct? For example, this has custom loop points, but is not a custom loop:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2446

Where as this, has a custom loop:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22940
Basically like that. I also was going to put up a few pages containing guidelines and information about the site and what BRSTMs are, but I never had time, and I certainly can't do it now.

soneek

Smash Ace
Basically like that. I also was going to put up a few pages containing guidelines and information about the site and what BRSTMs are, but I never had time, and I certainly can't do it now.
We could always add info like that to the site. There's guidelines now on the upload page, but it needs to be updated.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ok so, next week I'm practically fused with the kitchen at school.
It will be rough.

However, I've been working with several OST's:
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Threads of Fate
  • Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
  • Katawa Shoujo
  • Skullgirls (yeah, there's still many songs in the OST that are not on the page)
  • Some other random songs here and there.
Just informing I haven't been slacking, but I have not much free time atm.

Also, if you need me to post something on the Facebook page, don't hesitate to post on my profile or send me a PM.
Now I know what I will be doing during vacations...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh my god... I seriously can't help laughing:
Here's a copy-pasta:

We are no longer accepting BRSTMs of songs by regular artists.

Here's a BRSTM:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/23466

Jasonvalle22, you DO realise that this is a real song? It's not some fan-made trance song from some average Joe on YouTube.... it was released in 1999, and I think maybe reached #1 in the UK. It has a music video for Christ's sake.
Looking at the length, 6:06, it appears he used the original longer version, which goes for 7:28 normally, where as the single version/radio edit goes for less than 4 minutes.

That bit at 3:05... *shudders*

Also I do have a BRSTM of the song, which I've had since late 2010. I had uploaded it, but then took it down along with a load of other ones.... should I suspend him?
Let's go through the guidelines:
Reasons a song may be rejected:
1. The loop starting sample is not 0, or a multiple of 14336.
Note: If the starting loop point is 0, make sure you remove ALL of the silence at the beginning of the song. If there is silence, and the BRSTM skips at the loop point, it will most likely be rejected.
2. The song is by a real artist.
3. The song is already on the site.
4. The song is painful to listen to.
5. The song fades outs and starts over from the beginning, but the song is seamlessly loopable. There are very few cases where the song actually loops like that naturally.
6. The song has background noises. There are very few exceptions to this.
7. The quality of the song is horrible. Do not upload BRSTMs here of songs downloaded through YouTube, or recorded through a microphone. Songs that are naturally 320 kbps MP3, and FLAC are preferred.
8. Plagiarism: If you didn't originally loop the BRSTM, then don't upload it. Violations of this may result in suspension, or even account termination. (The only exceptions are BRSTMs that are ripped directly from games.)
Now as far as I can see, the only ones it actually violates are:
#2. It's by a real artist. Not only does it say it here, but it also says it at the top. "We are no longer accepting BRSTMs of songs by regular artists"

It also violates #7 IMO.... because although the MP3s are lower quality than the BRSTMs, they are still much better than this piece of **** (I think in this case, I can say that word).

If there was a guideline for "has an unnecessary very very poor attempt at making it longer at 3:05", then that would also be violated.

Also, let's be honest.

Brawl Custom Music should be, and ONLY be for video game music.
It can still include remixes, but only OF video game music.

No lazy Star Wars movie soundtrack conversions. No offence ds77, but what is the point in making a BRSTM of a song that just fades out and starts again? I mean all we need to do is get the soundtrack somewhere, put it in a CD player, e.g. on a PC, or an actual CD player, turn the music volume down on Brawl, and leave the SFX volume up, then play the song on the CD player, and set it to repeat the track infinitely.... exactly the same, and quicker.

Not to mention, they aren't games. If you want non-game BRSTMs, then.... mediafire, or dropbox, or something else. BCM should be left for games and game remixes only.

And no, that does NOT mean you can make a custom BRSTM in FL Studio, apply it to that really awesome custom track in Mario Kart Wii you just made, and then upload it as a track from Mario Kart Wii.

Yes, I have read your PM, soneek.

EDIT: Oh for ****'S SAKE!

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/pending

No WAY is EVERY SINGLE BRSTM from Spiral Knights starting at 0...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OH MY GOD....

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/login/admin/admin.php?active=0&start=

You do realise we have 776 accounts that have been waiting to be activated... obviously they haven't bothered to check their e-mails.

ONE of them, who is known from YouTube, as we usually posts videos of custom tracks/textures of Mario Kart Wii, ALPHAMARIOX, actually asked if we could send him another activation e-mail.

Of course, all I had to do was just activate it from the Admin CP, but there's still 776 more... the oldest one being from July 28, 2010.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only issue I have with #2 is, how can we exactly define "a regular artist", in order you can have a set, non-subjective bar to reject songs for violating it?

I mean, I have made and uploaded songs because they were featured in the Pump it Up series (including some by Zircon).

Same would happen with, say, artists featured in some of the FIFA series, Burnout, Need for Speed, DDR or any game that actually happens to feature "artists", even if they are not very internationally recognized.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Songs from videogames that are actually real songs, such as those on the radio stations of GTA series... should NOT be uploaded.

Just because a bunch of American ignorances haven't heard of a 'well-known British artist/group', it doesn't mean they should be allowed to upload BRSTMs of their music.

Darude is a 'regular artist'.

Top Bottom