• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um... "doing the HCSs?"

Also...

"Hey BrawlBRSTMs i wanted to ask about you're paper mario playlist for the First Paper Mario Game i wanted to know if you had the music that plays when you go up the beanstalk from Flower Fields into i think Cloudy Heights. Its the place that is a few screens away from the Huff N Puff battle screen and it has a cloud moving up and down so you can get the super jump charge badge. I looked in the playlist and didn't see it so i was wondering if you had it or not and if not if you could try and do an extension of it. If it's something not of interest to you then don't bother about doing it if you don't want to."

Does anyone know what song he's talking about?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Seg? Pinhead sent this... is this "acceptable"?

Also...

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22941

E to S

Reasons a song may be rejected:
5. The song fades outs and starts over from the beginning, but the song is seamlessly loopable. There are very few cases where the song actually loops like that naturally.
If the song is a 'fade-out, restart' loop, then it shouldn't be accepted or uploaded.

I feel I must remind people...

IF the original music that your BRSTM is of, NORMALLY loops, IN THE GAME THAT IT IS FROM, then you select "Normal" loop. Have you made a BRSTM of a boss theme from some Mario game? "Normal". Did you make a BRSTM from some zone in a Sonic game? Guess what? "Normal" loop.

IF the track does NOT loop, for example, if it's a title screen that just stops, or a credits theme, then you can either select "Does not loop", or the "fades out, restarts" option.

The ONLY reason to select "Custom loop", i.e. where the original song does NOT loop, but you've customized it to make it loop is... exactly what I just said... if it was actually customized to loop. I.e. you edited it in Goldwave, or Audacity to make it loop.

Another thing.... if the song is a normal looping song from a game, in which the song loops continuously in that game, but the loop start is 0, then it is STILL a normal loop, NOT an E to S loop. The E to S loop is if the original song does NOT loop.

As for "original song", don't try and be smart... the "original song" means the "song in the game", NOT the "MP3". So don't say "the MP3 doesn't normally loop", so it's a custom loop. Just because you 'found the loop points yourself', doesn't make it a custom loop. Just because it isn't already a BRSTM with loop points already in it, like Mario Kart Wii, and you had to manually find loop points, like I said, it's still "normal loop".

As #5 in the list of possible rejection reasons, says... if the original song loops, the BRSTM must loop in exactly the same way.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Just a quick note on the loop types of the brstms, I was going to shrink it down to only two loop types, one that loops, and one that doesn't. Users would be told to upload songs that would have originally been E to S as non looping songs. Users would be given an option to download those as looping or as non-looping like they already can.

Users wouldn't have to select the loop type of the brstm, it would be automatically detected at the time of upload. The upload manager already changes the loop type in some cases where it detects the user has made a mistake.

The only option the user would have as to what kind of loop type it is is a checkbox that they would check if it was a custom loop point.

I never got around to implementing this.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't take... what?

Also, for someone who said they were going away, and wouldn't have any internet connection for something like 2-3 years, you're spending a relatively awful lot of time here, moosey :p

Also, so.... what you mean, is that when you upload a BRSTM, if it's a non-looping BRSTM, it'd automatically set it to "does not loop"? The "E to S" loop wouldn't exist (because let's face it, no one really wants to play a game where the song fades out, and restarts, right? None of the music in the game does it anyway so... well, except for one single song, but generally, game music is a continuous loop).

As for ones that do loop, what you're saying is that if they upload a looped BRSTM, then it'll automatically be set to "Loop" (or whatever you'd call it), but then there'd be a checkbox saying "Custom Loop"?

Also, as I said, there'd have to be an explanation as to what a 'custom loop' is. I'm assuming my 'definition' or at lest 'description' is the same as most people's, which is that:
A custom loop does NOT refer to the loop points, i.e. if you made a BRSTM of a track from Mario Kart 7, and found 'custom loop points', then the loop is NOT custom. The "custom" in "custom loop" refers to the actual loop, itself not the loop points -- is that correct? For example, this has custom loop points, but is not a custom loop:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/2446

Where as this, has a custom loop:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22940

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Why is it that my download speed is perfectly normal, other sites load just as they would, yet sometimes at the same time BCM is SO MOTHER****INGLY RETARDEDLY ****ING GOD DAMNED SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW?

Also ARE YOU REALLY THAT LAZY THAT YOU COULDN'T JUST CHECK? IF YOU WEREN'T SO LAZY, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT'S ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!

I'm getting REALLY fed up, of people asking for songs to be on YouTube that are ALREADY ON THERE.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I wouldn't take it. If you haven't heard of the game, don't accept BRSTMs from it.

:phone:
This

If you don't know the song by heart, you can't actually judge if it loops right. You can make guesswork but you'll never actually know 100% (99% because of OSTs on YouTube already but still). The most you can do is nod and say "Yeah there's no pop".

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Well, I agree with you there, Linkshot. But still, can someone do Sonic 4 Episode 2?

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Okay is there any more that you missed? That's what I meant, but I didn't specify it.

soneek

Smash Ace
As far as I know, all of the Sonic 4 songs are up.

It's annoying how people refuse to read that list...MLPBoi never deletes the silence at the beginning of his songs...maybe I should trim down that video tutorial and embed it on the site somewhere.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'm gonna start emailing people when their songs get rejected, or other stuff site related that they need to know about.

Uploads like this are unacceptable. I can tell from one listen that the start is around 0:04 and the end is a little before 0:43.

If he converted this one himself, then there's no excuse for him not looping the other one.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Uploads like this are unacceptable. I can tell from one listen that the start is around 0:04 and the end is a little before 0:43.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22941
If the song is a 'fade-out, restart' loop, then it shouldn't be accepted or uploaded.

I feel I must remind people...

IF the original music that your BRSTM is of, NORMALLY loops, IN THE GAME THAT IT IS FROM, then you select "Normal" loop. Have you made a BRSTM of a boss theme from some Mario game? "Normal". Did you make a BRSTM from some zone in a Sonic game? Guess what? "Normal" loop.

IF the track does NOT loop, for example, if it's a title screen that just stops, or a credits theme, then you can either select "Does not loop", or the "fades out, restarts" option.

The ONLY reason to select "Custom loop", i.e. where the original song does NOT loop, but you've customized it to make it loop is... exactly what I just said... if it was actually customized to loop. I.e. you edited it in Goldwave, or Audacity to make it loop.

Another thing.... if the song is a normal looping song from a game, in which the song loops continuously in that game, but the loop start is 0, then it is STILL a normal loop, NOT an E to S loop. The E to S loop is if the original song does NOT loop.

As for "original song", don't try and be smart... the "original song" means the "song in the game", NOT the "MP3". So don't say "the MP3 doesn't normally loop", so it's a custom loop. Just because you 'found the loop points yourself', doesn't make it a custom loop. Just because it isn't already a BRSTM with loop points already in it, like Mario Kart Wii, and you had to manually find loop points, like I said, it's still "normal loop".

As #5 in the list of possible rejection reasons, says... if the original song loops, the BRSTM must loop in exactly the same way.
Lulz, I didn't think so....

I'm sorry if this makes me seem harsh, but, if they can't be bothered to loop BRSTMs properly and can't be bothered to read the rules which are CLEARLY there, then we shouldn't "be bothered" to let them upload anything else. That is why, if someone uploads any 'E to S' BRSTMs that should loop, like 22941, then they should be suspended (at least for a period of time).

So far, the only 2 suspended members are ZeroX1231 and DrTapeworm

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
I really think you should stop blocking or suspending people for not doing anything except for not reading the bio for the channel.

soneek

Smash Ace
[collapse=Mass email]Hi "insert name here",

We're gonna start something new in which we start letting users know when their songs get rejected, and you guys will get an explanation of why they were rejected, and how they can be improved. If you follow ALL of the guidelines on the upload page, you most likely won't have to worry about a rejected BRSTM.

There will also be tutorials coming up on how to make flawless loops, and anything else BRSTM related.

I'm not sure how many of you know about the site's IRC channel, but it's a free chat room. The server is "irc.badnik.net" and the channel is #BCMSocial. If you don't have an IRC client, here's a link to use it through mibbit.

http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.badnik.net&channel=#bcmsocial

Spam will not be tolerated, and may result in a ban from the chat room. Be sure to introduce yourself when you come in!

Switch to the BadnikNET tab in your client to register your nickname. You can start by typing "/ns help register" without the quotations. You'll get instructions on how to register your nickname on the server afterwards.

Expect more interaction coming this summer.[/collapse]

Trying to send that out, so that might be why the site is slow right now.

PnF, he suspended them for not following the RULES of the site. It has nothing to do with the channel.

Edit: Nvm, it just won't load on my computer. Loads fine on my phone lol.

soneek

Smash Ace
I've approved/rejected yesterday and today...just the smaller bunches of stuff.

Sorry if you guys got multiple emails. I assumed it wasn't working because I didn't get one, but maybe it's because I sent them out while logged into my account. :p

*sigh* you guys (TUK and PnF) need to ignore each other...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why he has to be so ... annoying. And also denying that he's being annoying. He keeps asking things like "Are there any you may have missed"? How do you MISS uploading BRSTMs?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, "Segtendo's Shack" :p
Actually that was me, a while ago... remember when somehow the site crashed because of something to do with the login thing, a few months ago? That's the reason

soneek

Smash Ace
Haha I was wondering about that. Also it turns out that not all of the messages got sent out, if any. I'll just add everyone to my personal mailing list bit by bit when get bored. :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
TUK, I've edited your post to get rid of the BS. I'm tired of you bashing PnF for not knowing things. Knock it off. You get one more chance.
I really think you should stop blocking or suspending people for not doing anything except for not reading the bio for the channel.

I can kinda see why TUK did that. The channel gets bombarded with requests, and people should look at the site before they request.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The thing is... I haven't blocked anyone on the channel for that reason for a long time now. The only people I've blocked recently, are those who actually deserve it.

And anyway, what the hell does it have to do with the Youtube channel at all? "Suspended for not looping properly" is nothing to do with "Blocked from the channel for not reading the bio/description".

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know the longest piece of looping video game music, that does not include lots of sections with different lengths, but a single long loop, and also does not include Prime #4507?

I'm specifically referring to a piece of music within a game that contains at LEAST 2 tracks.

The longest looping tune that I've uploaded to BCM, not counting custom loops, remixes, etc, that also does not include what I mentioned above, is, the PC/OST version of "Hive of the Mantids", at 11 minutes and 26 seconds.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/21720

But do you know any longer songs?

Also, who wants to make a BRSTM of Prime #4507?
It's the only track in the game, and plays through out the entire game. The game is called Echochrome II, for the PS3. The length is 1 hour, 15 minutes, and 7 seconds.

Don't bother uploading it to BCM though, since it'll be at LEAST 3 times above the maximum file size. I'd estimate upwards of 200+ MB.

Of course, you also have the option of 13 split sections of the piece, which you could upload as, for example "Prime #4507 (Part 1)", etc.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
WTH? No new videos, no comments in the profile, no posts here....I'm bored.... any ideas what to BRSTMify? I COULD do BRSTMs of Pocket Monsters Stadium.... but they wouldn't be tagged.

Here's a small screenshot of the title screen:

Unfortunately, since I've never played the game, as I said, they won't be tagged.

They're be using their original filenames (or at least the filenames I have), which are:
sparsexx.ram.miniram.miniusf

And thus the BRSTMs will all be sparsexx.ram.miniram.brstm
The 'xx' is a hex number between 00 and 14, i.e.:
00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0a, 0b, 0c, 0d, 0e, 0f, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 -- in otherwords, 21 tracks altogether. (10 = 16, 16 + 4 = 20, then add the '00').

EDIT: I'm uploading them now. Most of the looped tunes are battle themes. But since I haven't really played a SINGLE Pokemon game since... Pokemon Gold (yeah, exactly), and don't really pay attention to Pokemon at all, I have no idea exactly which battles these would be.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know, this is getting old fast TUK.
How does that help keep the thread alive?
Again, people don't have to post here all the time. That doesn't mean we're all dead.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Not all the time, but seriously?

Last post not made by me was 12:37 am by you, before you posted at 11:31 pm -- that's almost 23 hours.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It..... I..... it's.... you....... b-b-b-b-but the poncho. But ice-cream cake!

But seriously, when I'm asking a question about something and don't get an answer for a long time (i.e. hours) it's frustrating. While not technically a question (that is, it might not have a '?'), I was pretty much asking about Pocket Monsters Stadium logos.

I've already uploaded the BRSTMs... they just need to be renamed, by someone who's played the game:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/1259

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
We can probably figure it out since most of the music was reused in the next game... Track 00 is the title screen, and track 07 is selecting your Pokemon before battle. Track 09 is the lab, or whatever that game's equivalent was.

Edit: This song has a messed up loop point.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
TUK, to make things easier, I'd download the ROM and play through it for easier track renaming.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So? The game's still playable.
Hell, I've even renamed some songs as we're speaking.

Top Bottom