• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
:p Maybe the n00b who tagged it didn't bother to set the timer properly :p

But it should be around 3:13...

What? He is a n00b if he thinks that the "New Level Unlocked in Mission Mode" is the "Lose a Shine" SFX. Heck there isn't even a jingle for "losing a shine", it's just a sound effect.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, are you able to compile stuff?
For example... here's the "source" ... how do you "compile" it?

http://desmume.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/desmume/trunk/tools/vio2sf/

It's apparently an updated vio2sf thingy, that's even better than the latest official version (0.22) and the latest unofficial version that's fully released, (0.23).

Apparently the 'latest' version uses an outdated sound engine... and IMO, it's good, but admittedly, there's still a lot of pops and crackles.... listen to Underwater from NSMB with vio2sf 0.23.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ok so, next week I'm practically fuse with the kitchen at school.
It will be rough.

However, I've been working with several OST's:
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Threads of Fate
  • Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
  • Katawa Shoujo
  • Skullgirls (yeah, there's still many songs in the OST that are not on the page)
  • Some other random songs here and there.
Just informing I haven't been slacking, but I have not much free time atm.

Also, if you need me to post something on the Facebook page, don't hesitate to post on my profile or send me a PM.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
REMINDER

Delete all of DrTapeworm's BRSTMs. He both claims ownership of the song (they're not his) and makes custom loops (which are completely unnecessary). The fanbase is getting kind of miffed about this.

EDIT

I've done 3 Meteos songs and have been wondering about uploading them. They sound fine but what do I know? I ripped two from a high quality YouTube vid (44100 hz or whatever) and then, after a couple hours of ripping apart a Meteos ROM and only snagging a MIDI, just recorded a song from the emulator.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Should I remove the "Magnatron" whatsit 'custom' Mario Kart Wii thingy video,
As well as all the Sonic Robo Blast 2 videos that are using his BRSTMs?

So, basically, all of these should be deleted?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/index.php?user=drtapeworm

Also Is this too much?

To be honest, I think we should only have original tunes, or remixes of original tunes. I've removed the videos and deleted the BRSTMs of all the custom Mario Kart Wii BRTSMs, namely DrTapeworm's one, Fishdom Island and Punch City. Since strictly, they aren't even FROM the game, and Fishdom Island's one was even for another game... and I was the one that uploaded the BRSTM.... ironic, right?

So anyway, BRSTMs that we should only upload are:
The original songs from the games
Remixes of the original songs, including MIDIs using different soundfonts, e.g. http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/15522

From now on (IMO), any 'custom' music that is aimed for a game, e.g. a custom track composed for a custom course for Mario Kart Wii, should not go under Mario Kart Wii, but, under Other, or not even be uploaded at all.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll compile vio2sf after I get home. Also, I'm done with my semester so I'll be learning PHP and site managing and blah for the next few months.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I already got it, thanks to some guy at HCS.
Unfortunately, it turns out the sound is no better.... (****).

Is it even possible to get better quality DS music? Or does the actual DS produce crackly white-noisy ****? Not as bad as the GBA, but still very bad in some cases? Ironically, some games, like Itaki Street, sound almost like a Wii, and Wario Ware Twisted sounds almost DS quality, so much so that I almost forget it's a GBA game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
REMINDER

Delete all of DrTapeworm's BRSTMs. He both claims ownership of the song (they're not his) and makes custom loops (which are completely unnecessary). The fanbase is getting kind of miffed about this.
The SRB2 songs?
He isn't claiming anything (unless you show me proof he is).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
MrMystery linked me a few weeks ago so I looked and one of them said in description "a song for a custom stage (made by me)"

Maybe I shouldn't trust my memory anymore.

Either way, I'm guessing TUK took care of it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I didn't since I wasn't exactly sure what was wrong, I just removed the videos for ... something....

I was like "Where does it say that?" There are SOME BRSTMs that he claims were for "a custom stage made by him".

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
That reminds me.
Sonic 4: Episode II should be out soon. Tomorrow for PS3 and Wednesday for the 360. Maybe we could add the music soon.

soneek

Smash Ace
Let's see what happens with other users that upload the music. I think we should give it at least a week before uploading Episode II stuff.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, people have uploaded the music weeks before the game was actually out and no one stopped them, so maybe give it a couple days before we do it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Ugh.... Soneek? Why the hell did you upload "Tic Tac Grow" and call it "Delfino Plaza - Ring Shot / Item Battle"?

Also, it's May 15th here, and I'm downloading Sonic 4: Episode II, so well yeah, it's out, definitely.

soneek

Smash Ace
Ugh.... Soneek? Why the hell did you upload "Tic Tac Grow" and call it "Delfino Plaza - Ring Shot / Item Battle"?
Lol most of the filenames had the same type of ID for the different modes. I noticed a couple were different than I thought. The ones that I didn't add to the queue are the ones that I didn't get a chance to verify yet.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, that guy on the channel mentioned it.... it's the same with Mario Kart DS. There's a few fanfares that I can't quite get the true name of, i.e. where it's played. And there is this so called "Wifi Lobby Menu"? I've been through the game, and have never known that track to appear. I managed to get a few Fanfares named properly, but sometimes they're shared between different things like:
"1st Place Multiplayer & Win Battle", or "2nd-3rd Place Mutliplayer & Complete Mission", etc. Note that those are examples, and not necessarily actually correct.

Boinciel

Smash Rookie
For ****'s sake, STOP uploading BRSTMs then uploading updates to those BRSTMs before they're approved!

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22724
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/1923
The reason for this was because the original upload of the song was broken and stopped playing after 35 seconds. Cool your heels, man!

In regards to the loops from E to S or None, it's because there happen to be a lot of songs within the game that loop that way. Faithfulness to the original presentation takes priority over adding terribly forced and ear-mulching popping loops.

Mr. Mystery

Smash Rookie
thnx you much Boin. Please do clarify for me what y'all expect me to do with my uploads, because Segtendo's already uploaded a bunch of non-looping tracks that are either specified as Normal or E-to-S.

Concerning DrTapeworm's SRB2 uploads, first of all the following tracks have "improvised" loops that aren't correct, sound like crap, and two of them had loops in the first place:

Boss
Jade Valley Zone (already looped)
Mine Maze Zone
Red Volcano Zone Act 1
Red Volcano Zone Act 1 alternate
Tempest Valley Zone (already looped)

And everything he threw in labelled "fanmade" should be deleted as well, as they have no relation to SRB2 whatsoever, and neither does he. He might as well have tried to claim they were unused tracks from Chrono Trigger, they'd be equally as relevant.

Everything else he uploaded (that I haven't just mentioned) is fine.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So... I'm doing a load of Majora's Mask, when I reach "The End of the World"....

The actual loop end is about 2:15, but on the OST it fades out far too early :( -- so I had to use Audacity, and have an overlapping fade-out/fade-in, where the whole thing fades in again, as it fades out, and.... if you don't get what I mean, wait until I've uploaded the BRSTM. You won't even notice. Just for the record, normally, the track would have finished by 2:04, yet it loops at 2:07, so everything from 2:04 onwards is where I overlapped it by a few seconds. Which is also how I usually custom-loop songs. Most people are lazy and just try and find existing loop points, and make ridiculous loops, where it just sounds awful. Listen to my custom loops of Sonic 3D Blast Saturn, and some Call of Duty BRSTMs I've done for example.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The reason for this was because the original upload of the song was broken and stopped playing after 35 seconds. Cool your heels, man!

In regards to the loops from E to S or None, it's because there happen to be a lot of songs within the game that loop that way. Faithfulness to the original presentation takes priority over adding terribly forced and ear-mulching popping loops.
So why does it play beyond 35 seconds for me then?

Also, why the hell is the site so ****ed up? You can't even reject updates?

IF someone uploads an update, you're FORCED to approve it, or it'll stay in the pending updates list for ever. And what if some troll decided to update a good BRSTM with a rick roll?

Anyway, as I said:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22766 -- this is from the OST, which is completely silent by 2:04 -- normally.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I know that feel, TUK. When I uploaded the "Seismic Activity" BRSTM from Resident Evil Revelations, the OST fades out before the actual loop-point. D:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, ALL soundtracks, while not necessarily needing 2 loops, should have enough so that an ENTIRE loop is played at least once well before it fades out. The most extreme example of this is the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. The song loops at around 2:35, yet on the soundtrack (at least the Japanese version), the Water Temple goes for just 1:44 -- i.e. it fades out a whopping 51 seconds before the loop.

Luckily, on the European soundtrack, it goes until 3:03 -- although it does awkwardly start about 3 seconds into the track, which sounds really bad. But, it at least has the full loop, AND a good 25 seconds more. Because of the starting awkwardly, I used the Japanese soundtrack version for a few seconds, then attached the rest of the European version to it.

Just for the record, the European soundtrack has just 30 tracks, yet the Japanese version (and maybe the Japanese version) has 82 or so.
Here's the tracks in the European version, with their lengths compared to the same lengths on the other version, for comparison:
Title Theme = 2:49 European, 1:20 Japanese
Kokiri Forest = 1:51 European, 1:01 Japanese
Shop = 2:12 European, 1:08 Japanese
Legend of Hyrule = 1:59 European, 1:58 Japanese
Hyrule Field Main Theme = 5:17 European, 4:43 Japanese
Kaepora Gaebora = 2:01 European, 1:00 Japanese
Market = 1:41 European, 0:59 Japanese
Shooting Gallery = 1:26 European, 0:39 Japanese
Hyrule Castle Courtyard = 1:29 European, 0:53 Japanese
Zelda's Theme = 1:39 European, 0:49 Japanese
Lon Lon Ranch = 4:02 European, 2:08 Japanese -- the 4:02 version includes the part where Malon is NOT singing.
Kakariko Village = 3:22 European, 1:44 Japanese
Goron City = 2:40 European, 1:38 Japanese
Lost Woods = 1:15 European, 0:39 Japanese
Zora's Domain = 2:52 European, 1:30 Japanese
Great Fairy's Fountain = 1:10 European, 0:35 Japanese
Potion Shop = 1:37 European, 0:52 Japanese
Temple of Time = 2:37 European, 1:19 Japanese
Horse Race = 1:36 European, 0:46 Japanese
Ingo's Theme = 1:28 European, 0:39 Japanese
Kakariko Village Orchestra Version = 2:51 European, 1:44 Japanese
Windmill Hut = 1:37 European, 0:52 Japanese
Forest Temple = 3:07 European, 1:52 Japanese
Fire Temple = 3:37 European, 0:42 Japanese -- the Japanese version doesn't have the 'chanting' in it
Water Temple = 3:03 European, 1:44 Japanese
Shadow Temple = 2:05 European, 1:45 Japanese
Gerudo Valley = 2:51 European, 1:34 Japanese
Spirit Temple = 3:56 European, 2:57 Japanese
Kotake and Koume's Theme = 1:34 European, 0:52 Japanese
End Credits = 3:37 European, 7:08 Japanese -- the European version is much shorter:

Firstly, it starts right when the Lost Woods theme plays. In the Japanese version, there's at least 4:25 left, yet the European version only plays for 3:37, however, the European version ends before the final section of the full credits where Zelda's Lullaby plays, and also has a slightly different ending.

And while I refer to them as Japanese and EU:

The 30-track version is called "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Original Soundtrack", and was published by Nintendo of Europe, and released in 1999: http://vgmdb.net/album/1888

The 82-track version is called "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Original Sound Track" and was published by Pony Canyon, and released in Japan, on December 18, 1998 (the actual game came out in Japan a month earlier, and concidentially, it came out in Australia on December 18, 1998): http://vgmdb.net/album/293

There was also a "Volume II" of the European one, consisting of 20 tracks that weren't in the original soundtrack, and 3 remixes: http://vgmdb.net/album/6374

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is there some kind of Sonic 4: Episode Metal rip yet? Those are as far as I know, the only tracks missing from Sonic 4: Episode II, unless they use existing songs for the Metal stages.

Also, Seg? Kurtis something or other is 'demanding' we upload those Birth By Sleep Final Mix things.... i.e. logo needs uploading.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Is there some kind of Sonic 4: Episode Metal rip yet? Those are as far as I know, the only tracks missing from Sonic 4: Episode II, unless they use existing songs for the Metal stages.
Episode Metal is just Episode I, but with Metal Sonic.
Also, Seg? Kurtis something or other is 'demanding' we upload those Birth By Sleep Final Mix things.... i.e. logo needs uploading.
I should upload a logo for that...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I thought so, about Episode Metal :p

Also, is it worth finding a logo for 3D Pinball: Space Cadet?

Also other games which don't have logos include:
Big Brain Academy (original DS version)
Boktai: the Sun is in Your Hand
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Cyborg Justice
Ecco the Dolphin (Game Gear version)
Game Boy Camera (<_<)
Game Boy Gallery
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Goldeneye: Source (:D)
Gradius 3
Jet Force Gemini
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Metroid: Zero Mission
Micro Machines '96
Micro Machines (Game Boy Advance)
Micro Machines 1 and 2: Twin Turbo
Micro Machines 2 (Genesis)
Micro Machines 64 Turbo
Micro Machines Military
Mission: Impossible (Nintendo 64)
Nintendogs (original DS game)
Pilotwings 64
Project: Dream (that game that eventually became Banjo-Kazooie.... although, I COULD just move it to Banjo-Kazooie, right?)
Revenge of Shinobi (Genesis)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Seiklus (you know that one right? With that white character?)
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Mario Bros. (surprised that the original SMB hasn't even got a logo yet :p)
Tetris DX (Game Boy Color game)
The Lion King (Genesis)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Nintendo 64)
Wario Ware, Inc: Mega Microgames
X (shortest name ever?)
Yoshi (aka Mario & Yoshi, or Yoshi's Egg -- one of the 3DS ambassador titles, as you may remember)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well yeah... and .... about Project: Dream -- is there even a logo for that? Like did Rare even make the logo? If not, should I just move them to Banjo-Kazooie?

EDIT: Turns out they never made a logo so... *merges games*.

As I said on another board somewhere... merging things together is simply a rather mergical experience.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Firstly, http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22765

Is it me does a length of 5:48, and a loop start of 0 look suspicious?

Also... I'm deleting every BRSTM by DrTapeworm for SRB2 that Loin MrM mentioned...

Although Segtendo apparently "updated" Red Volcano Zone Act 1 (both versions) on April 6 "to include a more natural loop" -- did Segtendo do a bad job?

Also, do the "E to S" BRSTMs actually fade-out (like the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast, for example)? Or are they continuous? If they're continous, then they should simply be labelled as "Normal" or "Custom".
Otherwise, the videos will just 'end' instead of looping for 15:30.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Linkshot
Well, we didn't know they were from the SRB2 community. They could've said that...
Although Segtendo apparently "updated" Red Volcano Zone Act 1 (both versions) on April 6 "to include a more natural loop" -- did Segtendo do a bad job?
Well, he custom looped it, but I made it have a better loop

Top Bottom