• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You know what? I'm surprised no one's done any VVVVVV BRSTMs.

Also I added Mario Strikers Charged, and the 1 Wario Master of Disguise to the queue :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, so... ignoring the last 3 or so posts, Soneek's post is the last post? There is NO excuse for NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO OOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEE to have posted... and responding directly to me saying "no one has posted" doesn't count. No one has school for 36 hours straight, let alone EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRYYYYYY SSSSSSIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGLLLLLEEEEE PPPPPPEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSSOOOOONNNNNNN.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You do miss the point.
It's not that "SOMEONE" or "NOT EVERYONE" doesn't post, it's that "NO ONE" posted for over 36 hours, at least not counting me and Flame.

"NOT EVERYONE" =/= "NO ONE".
It does get annoying when I'm waiting for a response to a question, and no one posts for over 24 hours. Like I said, I can get that SOME one, or SOME people haven't posted... but it's when NO one posts, and I mean the number that is equal to any number subtracted from itself, and also precisely at the point in which negative and positive numbers meet, and therefore, is either negative or positive depending on context, and who's modern 'symbol' is of an ovular shape, that looks like this 0.

Now, the last post that had some relevance was some 19-20 hours ago, and I wouldn't mind an actual response...

I wanted to update the rest of the OOT BRSTMS with the better quality soundtrack versions, instead of the lower-than-normal bad quality USF rip.

I've already done three of them, House, Hyrule Field and Water Temple, but I tried doing Title, but the stupid thing is crackly.

Also, which is better:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/4831
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/22612

The former one is from Nintendo Sound Selection, the latter is remastered from the actual GSF.
Also, this is the only thing I can find for this game, but...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You do miss the point.
It's not that "SOMEONE" or "NOT EVERYONE" doesn't post, it's that "NO ONE" posted for over 36 hours, at least not counting me and Flame.

"NOT EVERYONE" =/= "NO ONE".
It does get annoying when I'm waiting for a response to a question, and no one posts for over 24 hours. Like I said, I can get that SOME one, or SOME people haven't posted... but it's when NO one posts, and I mean the number that is equal to any number subtracted from itself, and also precisely at the point in which negative and positive numbers meet, and therefore, is either negative or positive depending on context, and who's modern 'symbol' is of an ovular shape, that looks like this 0.

Now, the last post that had some relevance was some 19-20 hours ago, and I wouldn't mind an actual response...
Well, maybe some of us do things that aren't BRSTM related.
I'm with Linkshot on this one. This thread can't be alive ALL the time. Also, most of us go to school, so that's another reason.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I wanted to update the rest of the OOT BRSTMS with the better quality soundtrack versions, instead of the lower-than-normal bad quality USF rip.

I've already done three of them, House, Hyrule Field and Water Temple, but I tried doing Title, but the stupid thing is crackly.

Also, which is better:

The former one is from Nintendo Sound Selection, the latter is remastered from the actual GSF.
Yes, I'm even quoting my quotes.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

Also, which is better:

Yes, I'm even quoting my quotes.
Now I have to quote the quoted quote? The last post was about 24 hours ago, or maybe even almost 48 hours ago, if you don't count the original post in the quote.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll compare those two when I get to a computer. I'm out of town for the weekend btw, so I won't be too active here till Monday.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
IMO, the latter one sounds better, as it's clearer, louder, and has more stereo separation (the other one sounds almost mono).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Because you keep ignoring them? Like you're doing now. Instead of responding to the post, you're responding to the fact I quoted. At least soneek bothers to respond to the post itself.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
No, but re-posting them, makes them appear more... it's not like someone's going to randomly respond to a post from a few posts ago.

The trouble with some people, is I might post a short sentence about, say, some series, and then have a post all about BRSTMs or something relevant, but they'll ignore the bulk of the post, and just respond to that little sentence.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The point is, STOP ****ING IGNORING THE MAIN POINT OF MY POSTS!

My original post is about which BRSTM sounds better. And almost EVERY time I've asked, all I get is "OMG y u kwoat ur kwoatz"? Only soneek actually BOTHERED to respond properly!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You're awfully cute when you're flustered, rosebud.

Anyway the Sound Selection seems a little better. No clue why the loop is pushed forward an extra set (14336) on the second.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It was originally because there was a fraction of silence at the beginning, and if I used the same loop points it wouldn't loop properly, not that it matters where the loop points are.

In terms of white noise, the NSS version obviously has less, but if Nintendo released a full WL4 soundtrack like that, then that'd be awesome. Otherwise, the soundtrack will hopefully be done the same as the latter version. I didn't do it, so I can't say when it'll be complete.

Also, blame the general GBA sound being crap in the first place.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I wish Mario Kart: Super Circuit had a more clearer rip...
It sounds lower quality than it does in game.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm not either. I'm talking about my Mario Kart: Super Circuit BRSTMs. They're meant to have some more stereo, and have some other effects (I can't remember what he did exactly). They sounded good to me. Although the only way for them to be really good, is for Nintendo to release a soundtrack, to the same quality as the Nintendo Sound Selection (look at the Bowser's Castle from NSS).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um... kurtis whatshisname wants some KHBBSFM (lol abbreviations) BRSTM....:

As usual, here is the biggest logo I can find:

I can find a bit Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep logo, but not a Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix logo :p

Meanwhile, I'm downloading the full "Japanese" OST for Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen

Also, again, sometimes it's like 100% of every person is American, and it somehow at school at the same time, permanently, without any access to the site for even a SECOND to just quickly type something like "hi"?

If my predictions are accurate, Segtendo will ignore the main point of the post, and respond PURELY to the last paragraph, deliberately to be annoying

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Jeez.
Always putting the blame on me. >_>
As for the logo, that could work. If I find a better logo, I'll use it, but that can work for now.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hehe....
But seriously..... is an album by Phil Collins. Anyway, is a Cee Lo Green song.
Now, as I was saying... isn't a song or album by anyone, so I can't make really bad jokes... but in all seriousness... I need to download the rest of the Final Fantasy IX soundtrack :p

Because you know what it's like.... when you're on the edge.... just WAITING for that next FFIX! WE ALL NEED A FFIX RIGHT? *shakes Segtendo nervously* HUH??? RIGHT?

Am I going to far with these really bad 'puns'/jokes?

Also, if you're Segtendo, is there an evil twin called Nintega?

I'm also thinking of Mario Golf GBC, and maybe um... I 'unno, have all the Mario Golf Advance Tour or Mario Tennis Power Tour been done (the GBA games, that is)? What else is there in the Mario world that is NOT a stream with loop data (as that's boring -- I like finding loops manually)?

I suppose there's those games like Mario's Picross, or whatever, or maybe ... OMG... no one's done a single BRSTM from any thing in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series? BLASPHEMY....

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
lol
My bro was called "Nintega" for a brief time, but it couldn't stick on him.

Also, I did find this for Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. I'm probably gonna do Sonic Advance sometime. Not sure when.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I found that, but it's only 640 x 450. Also, you haven't done Sonic Advance yet?

Also, do you know the BEST settings for playing GSF files? Using viogsf and foobar2000, that is? What should the filter be set to? 0.5 sounds too muffly, and about 5 is clear, but sounds TOO clear... e.g. the main melody of Shy Guy Beach has a screeching whistly sound to the "flute/caliope lead"-type instrument. And if you put it up to about 10 or so, it just goes mad...

What's better, muffly, or clearer? Also, playing with Highly Advanced, seems to make the 'noise' channel louder, i.e. you can hear the hi-hats in Sonic Advance much clearer, but some might say it's TOO clear, or too loud, however, with viogsf, or even the game itself, it's often hard to hear them.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, I finally managed to download the Majora's Mask soundtrack, also I never realised that I did, or why I did it, but I made the loop for Great Bay Temple FAR too late. I put it at 2:39, when it should be something between 2:00 and 2:10 I think.... anyway, expect some BRSTMs from that game (also Link's Awakening hasn't been done much)... neither has Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Adventure of Link, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap, or even the original game itself :O

BTW, I found some nice logos for all 3 Sonic Advance games:

ROFLCOPTER! Also, pay attention to the URLs of the images.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait, Seg, do you mean the logos or the actual BRSTMs them selves? Also, as I said:
Also, do you know the BEST settings for playing GSF files? Using viogsf and foobar2000, that is? What should the filter be set to? 0.5 sounds too muffly, and about 5 is clear, but sounds TOO clear... e.g. the main melody of Shy Guy Beach has a screeching whistly sound to the "flute/caliope lead"-type instrument. And if you put it up to about 10 or so, it just goes mad...

What's better, muffly, or clearer? Also, playing with Highly Advanced, seems to make the 'noise' channel louder, i.e. you can hear the hi-hats in Sonic Advance much clearer, but some might say it's TOO clear, or too loud, however, with viogsf, or even the game itself, it's often hard to hear them.

Also, who wants to name 22640 - 22646?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I have done a bit of those BRSTMs some time ago, I'll let you finish it if you want :awesome:
Coolio.

@TUK
Clearer would be better, but I'd like it not to be TOO clear, like in your example.

EDIT: I got foobar and viogsf. 4.5 for filtering sounds about right so it isn't quite GBA quality, yet instruments aren't too loud.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I have played Hard Corps Uprising at a friend's house today. My god is it good !

As far as music goes, I've listened carefully how it was looped and oddly enough, the music fades out at the end and restarts from the beginning.

Does that mean Soneek and I (who did most of that game's OST into BRSTMs) were doing custom loops the whole time ?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Uploaded a bunch of Mario Kart DS BRSTMs, as you can see.

For those final lap variants, I downloaded the 2SF set, and included was another 2SFLib which had final lap variants. I took those and pitched them up one semitone in Audacity so that they sound like they normally would in game.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I renamed a lot of them, since they were incorrectly tagged.
Examples:
"Lose a Shine" is "Mission Level Unlocked" or something.
There's also only ONE "Mission Mode Success" thing. There are no "Mission Mode Success - A Ranking" or whatever. Those are all things like "New Record in Time Trials", "Top 5 Record in Time Trials", etc.

There are some that I have no idea, like "sound_data-0048", which was incorrectly tagged as "Get a Shine", as well as the so-called "Wifi Lobby Menu" -- where exactly does the so-called "Wifi Lobby Menu" even play? Also, there's a lot of confusion about the various fanfares. For example, there's one for getting 1st place in Multiplayer Mode which might also be the fanfare for winning in Battle Mode, but is different to getting 1st place in GP, which might share the fanfare for completing a Mission Mode ... for example....

Also, Seg, you ignored me... why did you make that BRSTM end before it... ends? The Credits (150 + Mirror) thing?

Speaking of which....

"Credits (50+100cc)" also plays on 150cc AND Mission Mode after completing Level 6 and 7 Bosses.
"Credits (150+Mirror)" ONLY plays in Mirror Mode... I've renamed them as such :D But still there's a couple that I don't know, since there's various "win" fanfares for Battle Mode, Wifi, Multiplayer, VS, GP, Time Trial, etc, as well as lose fanfares, and maybe even draw fanfares, as well as a "Congratulations" fanfare after completing a set of multiplayer/battle/vs matches, as well as various other ****s.

Top Bottom