• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
I guess we can define them as an artist that has a label.

I think movie and anime BGM tracks are fine as long as they're looped, and E to S songs are okay every now and then, but it shouldn't be a habit to upload a bunch of them. I have no problem with E to S songs for regular video games, as long as they're an ending theme or cutscene, or something else that is impossible to loop.

As for remixes and arrangements, they SHOULD be customly looped if the original song from the game is looped, and there are rare cases where the remix is impossible to loop. Custom loops mostly require sacrificing part of the song in order to make it seamless.

All of this is just my honest opinion.

Edit: I'll add info about that to the upload page. If you guys think anything else should be added there, let me know.

soneek

Smash Ace
For the E to S description, would this be clearer?

" The original song does not naturally loop, and the Brstm fades out at the end and starts over"

As for me today, I have to finish the rest of Persona 4, and then tag and upload the rest of Valkyria Chronicles.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
As said in the BRSTM, this is the disadvantage of labelling them as "E to S":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsv5oABvBQ0

No 15:30.

If you're able to edit the script so that it uploads E to S songs for 15 minutes.... either that, or make it so that it uploads 2 videos, one that plays just once, and another that repeats for 15:30, or whatever, then it'd be OK.

Otherwise, songs should only be E to S, if the original song doesn't just "not naturally loop", but it should only be E to S, if it doesn't loop, at all.

If the in-game version fades out, it should really be "normal". That's how it "normally loops".

Also...
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/05/120525_gd01.html?a001=news

soneek

Smash Ace
Nice! It looks like Black 2 & White 2 will have new songs, rather than keeping the music from the first versions.

In the case of "Normal" loops, I think that's what the label should be if the loop is seamless. There are a few songs where the fade is actually part of the music, like this one. The only reason I was sure of this was because the stream had the loop data in it.

Even if the song stops or fades out completely in the original game, and then restarts again, it's mainly because that's how it was meant to work in that particular game. It doesn't really mean that it's a normal loop in terms of custom music for Brawl. It's either as I said a couple sentences ago, or that the developers were too lazy to loop the songs. In games like Guilty Gear, Timesplitters, and Hard Corps: Uprising, the songs would have to be E to S. Most of them are customly loopable though, and I personally prefer that over E to S loops.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um... that thing about the loop data. I have one thing to say.

ALL of the "non-looping" BRSTMs for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, as well as most of Super Paper Mario BRSTMs, are looped, starting from 0, but in-game, they never actually loop.

The credits theme for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door usually just plays for about 5:10, and stops, but the actual stream actually restarts.

So your claim that it's an E to S, is not necessarily true. If it repeats IN the game, then it's E to S. But I've provided a YouTube video showing why E to S is bad.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, with regards to this:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/23466

Should we instantly suspend anyone who does this?

IMO yes. Why? No, it's not being harsh. Being harsh would be NOT suspending it, because it then means that the scumbags can just get away with it (or think they can).
Yes they are scumbags. IF they can't be ****ing bothered to read something that you took the time to put up there, for a reason, then why should they be allowed to upload BRSTMs?

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll look for those. Also, there's supposed to be 3 variations of each stage for MvC3. For some reason the 1st and 3rd variations are combined into one file, while the 2nd one has it's own file. I guess that explains why the 1st and 3rd weren't separated. I'll fix those and upload the rest of the rip.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Actually, you should do what moose does.

Have a "version 1", a "version 3", but keep the combined versions and call them "version 1+3 mix" or something.

soneek

Smash Ace
Actually, you should do what moose does.

Have a "version 1", a "version 3", but keep the combined versions and call them "version 1+3 mix" or something.
I guess we could do that. I'm making medleys where each version follows sequentially at the moment too.

Ugh I hate that we can't reject updates. I'll have to reupdate it then with the version that's already there.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's what I said earlier (some days ago).
We can accept them but not reject them.
And seriously what the hell is with the box that comes up with some numbers?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also thanks for the RCT3 logo. I assume you cropped it from a really large box shot image? Now for RCT2...
Somehow there's some RCT3 logos that you can use, yet no RCT1 or RCT2.

This should be OK for RCT3, right? Also, are you able to give me the ability to upload logos? So that then I don't have to keep posting a load of logos asking for them to be uploaded? AFAIK, I've been waiting for logos for things like Cyber Justice to be uploaded for months.

soneek

Smash Ace
That box is annoying...and I was actually trying to get that RCT3 logo, but the link is broken once I try to get the full size. You would have to ask Ijah about permission for uploading logos or whatever.

Also Seg, I'm gonna need help renaming some of these themes that I'm uploading for MvC3, if you don't mind. I don't have the game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How the hell did I miss Storm's theme? O_o
"Unknown Character Theme 1" is Ryu's theme :v

Alright. So, out of the ones you've uploaded, I only don't know 3 of them. The rest I do.

soneek

Smash Ace
Oh lol. Thanks for your help Seg! :awesome:

Gm_008 and 009 are definitely Something and Something (Dynamic). :p

They sound like they should be a Victory theme or Results or something.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Also, I ripped the music from Diddy Kong Racing DS. I tagged a bunch of the songs today. Still got more to tag. I also ripped Mario Party DS' music. It also has a handful that need tagging.

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
The rest of the MvC3 music is apparently "Other BGM"... =/ bgm_ gm_008= Other BGM 07...I may sound like the biggest noob ever, but I don't really care xD.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm*

I added the Guilty Gear video... but someone had literally added it like seconds before, or after, eitherway, there's 2 in the queue and the first one had barely started, so it must have been pretty close.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
God damn. We get the point. You're pissed off. Don't have to type in giant letters to emphasize your point -.-

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Humidity, please **** off!
How the hell can you be bothered to make BRSTMs? Somehow I don't think you even remember the original purpose of the site?

I bet you all just make BRSTMs for the hell of it, not even thinking about things like "is it loud enough for the game"?

And no don't tell me to turn the SFX down! I shouldn't have to turn the SFX down, just for one track and then turn it up for another (that's too loud), for example!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
WHY CAN'T I EVER TYPE WITHOUT MISSING A LETTER OUT AND WASTING TIME REMOVING THE LAST LETTER TO ADD THAT MISSING LETTER?
Also... MAKE A BRSTM OF RING SHOT FROM MARIO GOLF RIGHT NOW!

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah I added it right after I uploaded the logo lol, but it fixed itself.

I check volume for all my stuff. :p Sometimes the "maximum" isn't enough, since maximizing basically normalizes the song. It fails if there's just one random peak that's higher than the rest.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The most annoying song for that is Flower Garden from Yoshi's Island. IF you look at the waveform of a WAV file converted from the 2sf, the occasional drums are like towers, compared to the rest of the relatively MUCH quieter tune.

I'm also going to be banned from here.

How do you make a song louder when it's too quiet like that, without making it crackly and sound like ****?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, are you able to find out exactly WHY the Ring Shot miniusf file from Mario Golf is corrupt?

It just literally STOPS at 1:47. No matter how long you set it, it'll just freeze at 1:47.
Even the little .... 'marker' in Winamp of foobar that shows you how far in to the song just freezes 'in the middle' or wherever. It's as if you paused it. It doesn't just stop at 1:47 at the end, but just stops in the middle...

This is why there isn't a BRSTM of that track.

soneek

Smash Ace
I guess it's time to hunt for a USF tutorial.

I'm going through the anime remixes of the Pokémon BGM.

soneek

Smash Ace
Seg, the update for the Diddy Kong Racing battle theme got stuck, so I put a random song in its place. You'll have to reupdate it.

soneek

Smash Ace
At least we can get past it now. I still remember when we were waiting almost a whole day for one to just fail and move on. XD

I didn't even realize my double post. :/

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Seg, I updated "Kitchen Ace" from Doom SNES because it missed one of those 5 seconds loop at the beginning. You know, the "Duuuun Dun dun duuuuuuun Dun dun duuuuuuun Dun Dun Dundundundun" part that loops 4 times =p

Top Bottom