• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
I noticed. I was browsing the BRTSM YT channel and saw the cover. It's a damn good one too.

Might do more TheDelRe and other YT gamer guitarists in the future.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I know you mean well, but really, it just seems like when I ever I mention anything at all, you seem to jump on it as if everything is to do with BrawlCustomMusic

When I said I have to pay to get my MediaFire account back to PRO, you were like "What does this mean in terms of getting the site back?" Or whenever I say there's a problem, you assume it affects the site. You assume everything is to do with the site.

You also need to understand. You are not part of "the group". You are just some person on the internet, like Cake (except you can eat him, muahaha!). Seriously... the whole "group meeting" things and "we" thing..... it should stop really. Also, not to be mean, but how do you know that you've actually contributed towards anything? How do you know it was YOU that convinced the others to give me another chance? What if they were planning on doing it anyway?

Also, try and keep to simple English. For example, if I said "You should make some BRSTMs", you should just say "I will, when I get better at it", or "I will when I have time".
You don't need to say "I will, when the opportunity for such task is of an obtainable position, but, until such time, contributions from myself, shall be not of existance" ... or whatever.

Also, it might be just me, but most of your time "helping" was basically "OMG back up the BRSTMs TUK! If you backed them up earlier, we wouldn't be in this mess! OMG TUK'S keeping the BRSTMs and not letting anyone else upload it. Please upload lots of files, even though it'll take ages, because I have no idea of the concept of how large over 65 GB is"
For the first statement, since this is the "Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all of the music in one place" forum, I have the impression that everything discussed links to the site in one way or another. But, since some conversations aren't as interesting as others, I might not catch that right away.

For the second statement, since you're one of the main contributors, I had the impression that you would know if it would have any effect on the site be it directly or indirectly.

For the third statement, I know I might not be part of "the group,"..., but I like to help speak for you guys to help with explaining some stuff. Since I've got Segtendo and Soneek as friends on facebook, as well as darksamus77 on skype, it's been easy for me to get info from them about what's going on with the group (related to the site and stuff non-related to the site) and even what the plans for the site are (for instance, completing what moosehunter started with making a "game series" tab for us to look at only the games from a certain series, like Sonic the hedgehog, Metroid, and Pokemon for a few examples). As for contributions, that's one that only the others can say. For whether I convinced them to let you have another chance or if it was the groups' original plan, I can't be certain, but I have a strong feeling that I helped with making the chances of it happening sooner when I mentioned how I could relate to what you would've went through.

For the fourth statement,..., I don't want people to "expect" me to have a certain brstm made at a certain time, so I make sure that people know that, once I make a brstm, it'll happen when it does.

For the fifth statement, I like to plan ahead. Luckily, Soneek has it covered, so you can breath a sigh of relief. I know it might be hard, but some things are worth the time and effort, for when it's complete, it'll make you feel good to have it behind you.

If there's anything in my replies that you feel still hasn't answered your statements enough, or confuses you, I can give more details to you if you want. Anything to keep the friction between us from getting worse will go a long way to help the whole group out (as it'll help with both of us with our personal flaws). I hope this doesn't ruin your day, but if it does, then sorry. If you feel like there's something I could do for you guys, just let me know and I'll be on top of it as soon as I can.

Anyone else as curious as I am as to why the site's still active? It supposedly should've went down yesterday until the next payment is made, but I think we might have had more time than we thought.

soneek

Smash Ace
Seg or TUK, could one of you add both Dissidia games to the queue?

Also, our subscription is "suspended," but the site still works for me. :p Maybe it'll randomly go down later today.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Firstly, Alaric? This forum has NOTHING directly related to the site. They are completely different things.

Just because it's called "Brawl Custom Music Hub", it does not mean it has anything to do with 'the site'. Just saying. This is called the "Brawl Custom Music Hub" because it was originally a 'Hub' for custom music for Brawl. The SITE, which as you know is called "Brawl Custom Music", was created after this topic/forum.

Secondly, I've added them to the queue.

Thirdly, in regards to subscriptions and payments:
Open and Pending Orders and Invoices:
Renewal Order, 19 March 2012, $37.88

Expired Subscriptions:
LAMP Developer VPS (Debian 5)
Expired: 14 March 2012
Service Status: Running

The service has been running since 18 March 2012... it says the grace period is in the 'service terms' but I don't know where that is.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

About it not directly relating to the site, I can understand. But what about indirectly? I'd like to know that part before I assume anything and blow another one of your gaskets unintentionally.

Anyhow, what you've just mentioned about the status being on grace period might be why the site's still running. Now, with that said, whether it's the grace period that's keeping the site active or not, let's hope that whatever it is that's keeping the site up continues what it's doing until we can make the payments again.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I already added them TUK...
I probably added them before you then. I did take a long time making that post, and your post saying "I'm on it" hadn't even been made. It was trying to look for something which tells us when the grace period actually ended, so yeah....

Oh well, they'll just be rejected for duplicates, or whatever.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I think it's safe to say, also, that it is the grace period, that's keeping the site up. But that won't be for long. I expect it'll be over within the next 2 days, meaning we'll only have one more week until the next payment will be due.

I should also warn you... about 2 years ago, I uploaded some videos of Sonic 4: Episode I music (the game didn't come out until about 5 months later). I got a copyright strike from Sega of Europe.

Therefore, remember that if you think about doing S4:E2.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, it's more of an e-mail account since the Paypal can't make payments (well, the one moosehunter set up).

soneek

Smash Ace
TUK might like this idea. I can add a list of reasons why a song would be rejected to the upload page.

[Collapse=Current reasons I have]
Loop start not a multiple of 0 or 14336 (actually rejected one of these earlier today)
Song by a non-videogame or real artist
YouTube crap quality
Loop point is noticeable while looking away from the song
Song is already on the site
Painful to listen to the song
Songs that are looped from end to start, but are seamlessly loopable
[/collapse]

There's definitely some that I'm missing.

soneek

Smash Ace
I guess "abrupt" loop would sound better. There's some songs where you listen to it, and there's a VERY noticeable error.

Also, I think it couldn't upload because the song wasn't approved at the time.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I uploaded 2 more RE Revelations songs earlier today. I have some other songs in WAV, waiting to be converted into BRSTM.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
They can still upload, if they're not approved, I think. The only thing that should stop it, is if the song was rejected or deleted.

Also, something like "Loop is not seamless" would make more sense.

And I have an anti-Ninja costume, Flame.

soneek

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll update the page in a bit. I'm working on a tutorial as well that uses moose's converter.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Foresight, as in the Pokémon move :awesome:

I've uploaded of the RE Revelations songs I've first converted to WAV. Now lunch is waiting for me D:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Looks good. I hope they understand that "preferred" does mean "must be" or "must have".

When you say "320 kbps is preferred", it means it's preferred, but 256 kbps or maybe 192 is acceptable, right? IMO, anything lower than about 160 kbps should be a definite no. Unless it's AAC (MP4, M4A, etc).

EDIT: You're right... it is songs that are still pending that 'can't be uploaded to YouTube'.

Also, speaking of songs fading out that are seamlessly loopable, what about the MANY BRSTMs for Kid Icarus: Uprising that are uploaded as E to S?

Also, IMO, there should actually be NO "E to S" BRSTMs at all. If it's an ending BRSTM that doesn't loop, then they should be set to "Does not loop". If you want it to loop, you should make it custom looped (either by editing it so that it loops, or if it's possible, finding a good loop point).

"E to S" should basically be non-existant, because even if it is the credits or ending theme from something, and it doesn't normally loop, you still wouldn't want it to fade out and then start again. Take something like Sonic Boom in Brawl. Normally, that just ends, but in Brawl it loops continuously. Therefore, instead of:

"The song fades outs and starts over from the beginning, but the song is seamlessly loopable."

Perhaps it should be:

"The song fades out and starts over from the beginning, but the song is seamlessly loopable. If the song is not normally loopable, it should either be set to not loop, or have a custom loop, so that it does loop seamlessly." Or something....

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
This means one of the songs from RE Revelations I've uploaded should have the "custom loop" label. Gotta update that !

EDIT : Wait, if we do suppress the "E to S" label, what would happen to songs like this one : http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/103 ? Would we have to reset the labels to custom loops for EACH and everyone of them ? Manually !? D:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I just read the weirdest thing on the channel.
Someone asked why we 'post' the videos... I was like "Because ... we do?" or "Because some people like 15 minute extended looping video game music?"

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I responded to him.
"@XularusXIII ummm... because people like listening to extensions of songs?"

soneek

Smash Ace
Listening to some of DrTapeWorm's song, I notice that a good amount of them skip at the loop. I think they just need the silence removed. We need some notification system on the site telling people what they can do to improve their songs.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Ah, I remember doing that sort of error in my BRSTM debuts ^^;
In the "Upload" page of BCM, something like that should be written :

"Be sure to check your BRSTMs if they have a bit of silence at the beginning"

But I think some people would go "Teal Deer" and upload their BRSTMs anyway :laugh:

(BTW, new icon, if you know what I mean...)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Listening to some of DrTapeWorm's song, I notice that a good amount of them skip at the loop. I think they just need the silence removed. We need some notification system on the site telling people what they can do to improve their songs.
As much as I am happy that he uploaded Sonic Robo-Blast 2 music, a lot of them have a start loop of "0." I mean, it works well in some songs, but most of them don't work.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I tend to avoid loops at 0, even if it more or less loops. I usually put the loop at either 14336, or 28672, etc.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ecco the Dolphin and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis) both in the queue .

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Woohoo. Hey, did you get that list of games that I suggested logos should be added?

Also, is there an easier way of telling if a game doesn't have a logo? I know if you view index.php, e.g. Complete Game List, or by user, it has "Need Pic".

I also see a load of FF logos were added :p
I just added .... a song who's name I get confused with.
Is it "Sword of Fury" or "Feel My Blade"?

Also, here's a smallish logo for Mario Golf... does anyone know how to find a larger logo?

This can be for the Nintendo 64 version (http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/218), and, when BRSTMs are uploaded for it, the GBC version.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea.
I uploaded a load of Final Fantasy logos, along with a few of the ones you mentioned.

Edit: Mario Golf logo added and added its songs to the queue.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What about things like Golden Axe (1, 2 and 3), and maybe those Micro Machines games for the Genesis (of which most were only released in Europe, AFAIK), and ... probably a few more, like... WarioWare (the original GBA version), and... well there's a lot of games without logos AFAIK.

Top Bottom