• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Can someone save me from insanity and answering that "Request" PM on Youtube?

Something along the lines of "READ THE GOD DAMNED PROFILE DESCRIPTION?"

Something that says "OMG THE FREAKING SONG IS NOT ON THE SITE FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME!"?

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
Just post a list of instructions for a request on the videos stating that if they do not follow directions that they will be ignored and if they do not follow the directions, ignore them.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Can I just say a 9-letter word, which really freaking pisses me off about that?

S O M E T I M E S!

In the normal world, the thing would either ALWAYS work, or NEVER work.

Why is it that SOMETIMES, I repeat SOMETIMES there's an "undefined offset" in class.youtube.php on some line? Why is t only SOMETIMES? Why IS there an undefined offset 1? Furthermore, WHY is there one? And ... WHY sometimes?

Why is expected length 12 seconds, but actual length 0?

Also, to repeat, why do SOME (most) songs convert OK, but SOME don't?

Also, why do SOME videos get a PHP Fatal Error when "setting video position"?

Who has access to the script? Is it the person who ironically got given the site, when they had no time to actually do anything with it?

Ijah shouldn't be the soul manager. Soneek or even you, should have access to this kind of thing, considering you're more active, and not as busy as Ijah.

Who is able to access this?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/classes

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh... and would you be able to look at that particular line in that particular php file in that directory? And see where this '1' is?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hmm... it appears I've killed it? And I've restarted that particular video.... *waits*

Nope, there's still an error.

EDIT: I'm going to try each video and see which ones work.

2nd Best End - Fail
2nd Worst End - Fail
Battle Ring - Fail
Beanstalk Way - Fail
Beanstalk Way 2 - Fail

Ah the hell with this.

I'll try one that isn't Wario World.

Lulz... I tried one, and it just failed instantly... but that's only because it hasn't been approved.

I'm too lazy to check to see if it loops properly, so I'm going to approve it, just for the sake of testing the upload.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/queue.php?output=1&queue=convert

EDIT:

Woohooo!

That one, was from FFF: Chocobo's Dungeon.

However, what about another one from Wario World?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/queue.php?output=2&queue=convert

Oh look... undefined offset 1 in line 837, and 2 in line 838?

The full location of the php file would be:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/classes/class.youtube.php

BTW, you're going to wonder how I did it.

Well... it's simple. Firstly, make sure you're logged in.

Secondly, if there are still songs waiting in the queue after a particular song is doing that error, simply click Move to Top on that one, and the entire queue is killed.

If however, that's the only one in the queue, simply add another song, while that one's being ********, and the queue will be killed.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/queue.php

Is that proof enough?

I DID have a theory about the sample rate... but let me just check...

The Chocobo's Dungeon is 32000 Hz, and was OK.

Wario World ones are 32028 Hz (which is irregular), and fail

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil were successful at being uploaded to YouTube and have a sample rate of... 22050 Hz

Hmm... I'm going to assume the PHP only has support for certain sample rates?
Mario Kart 64 is 26807 Hz (another uncommon sample rate) but this one works... so I'm assuming Moosey added that one.

The only thing to do is to ... somehow painfully resample the Wario World BRSTMs to 32000 Hz (i.e. convert to WAV, resample to 32000, then remake the BRSTMs, but adjusting the loop points, by a factor of 32028/32000), either that, or, if it is the case, add 32028 Hz to the possible list of sample rates in the PHP, if that's how it works.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For Wario World, I left the sampling rate as is.
Strange how it didn't work...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know... I still think there's something about the PHP script which means only certain sample rates are able to be converted.

soneek

Smash Ace
I know... I still think there's something about the PHP script which means only certain sample rates are able to be converted.
It has the same formula as the manual script we have now, so I doubt it has something to do with the sample rate. I'm still learning PHP, so I'm not sure if I can figure it out yet. I'll read the code between classes today and see if anything looks wrong.

This is still a WIP, but cake and I are working on a tutorial.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Indeed it must have... let me check:

Current Status on Subscriptions and Payments:

• Orders and Invoices:
    • Unpaid - $37.88
    • Open and Pending - 1:
      Order Date - March 19, 2012
      Status - Waiting for Payment
      Total - $37.88
      Details - Order on renew subscription from 14-Mar-2012 up to 14-Apr-2012

• Subscriptions:
    • Expired - 1:
      LAMP Developer VPS (Debian 5)
      Start Date - December 14, 2011
      Expired - March 14, 2011
      Status - Expired
      Service Status - Stopped
Short answer... PAY NOW!

Note that it's April 9, 2012 now, and we're ACTUALLY paying for the March 14 - April 14 payments... so we're actually almost an entire month behind.
We'd need to pay now, and then pay again in 5 days, since there's really only 5 days left.

EDIT: I'm going to try something.

EDIT: Woohoo!

IT now says it'll expire soon on April 14, 2012.

Now we just wait.

How long does it take for the site to start running after the payment is made?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Actually here's a list of upgrades and prices:
  • 3 months
    From the start date of current subscription - $74.13
    From the date of the upgrade - $105.30
  • 6 months
    From the start date of current subscription - $179.65
    From the date of the upgrade - $209.88
  • 12 months/1 year
    From the start date of current subscription - $387.11
    From the date of the upgrade - $416.70
  • 24 months/2 years
    From the start date of current subscription - $783.47
    From the date of the upgrade - $812.10
  • 36 months/3 years
    From the start date of current subscription - $1,126.08
    From the date of the upgrade - $1,153.14

I think 6 months is OK... $179.65 isn't a lot, well it is, but ... come on, the 3DS was more than that when it was released, and only a bit lower when the price was cut....... well unless anyone wants to pay $1,153.14 for 3 years.

Ah to heck with this...

Shall we just stick to the monthly payments? I was hoping that if we paid every 3 or 6 months, it wouldn't be as annoying, but whatever.

The point is, I paid $37.88 with my credit card, and BCM is now running.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm*

Learn to read. I said there was over $400 because I had placed an order to increase the subscription to 1 year instead of one month, but I cancelled it, and now there's currently $0 of unpaid orders.

soneek

Smash Ace
Thanks TUK! We should have until May 5th with the grace period and everything, but I'll do the next payment when I'm able to.

Eh, I'll add something to the upload page, like "Songs in video games that are by real artists won't be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to games such as Dance Dance Revolution, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc."

Also, the artist of this song sent a PM to the youtube channel. He was happy that his remix was extended, but he asked to add his name to the description. I can't edit the titles of songs other than what I made, so Seg or TUK, could you edit this song?

Title should be "DJ AsianTech - For the Glory", and the description, "Remix by DJ AsianTech of Newgrounds."

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've made 2 BRSTMs from DJ Bouche's extended mix of Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road.

The first one simply has the main tune, and the second one includes the extended intro, and the 'moon/planet' variation. It does not however, include the short final lap section at the end, since it wouldn't loop properly otherwise, with the key changes (key being 'pitch' if you wish, not like 'important changes')

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Uploaded some Skyward Sword songs that I've had tagged for a while.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The Pending list is filling up again :(

Also, remember when I said we should get rid of the "E to S"? Well, what I meant was this:

Instead of having it say "The original song does not naturally loop, and the Brstm reaches the end and starts over", there should simply be "Normal" for songs that already loop, and "Custom" for songs that were custom looped. If the custom loop happens to start at 0, such as this, http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/21046, then it should still be just "Custom".

If it's an original BRSTM that loops at 0, which is very rare, then obviously it should still be "Normal".

In short, when selecting a loop type, there should either be:

Normal - (Original song normally loops)
Custom - (Original song doesn't loop but the BRSTM does)
No Loop - (BRSTM plays once -- i.e. jingles, etc)

Something I've been wondering. If you download an MP3 of a video game song, and you make a BRSTM from it, how many people are likely to listen to the MP3, which does not loop, think "The original song doesn't loop", and then put it as a Custom Loop? In otherwords, what are the chances that someone might mistakenly think of "Original song" to mean "Original source MP3/WAV", as opposed to "Original song in the actual game of which it originally originated from"?

This post originally originates original origins... :D

Also... soneek? Are you or any one able to add a "Member/User List" type thing... possibly with stats such as the date they joined, how many BRSTMs they've made, perhaps their most recent BRSTM, or at least their most recent activity, all in separate columns in a table-based list?

There's an option to view your own profile, like at the top, i.e. "My Profile".

Another thing on profiles, should be a simple link to "View all BRSTMs by this user".

Also, is anything happening with the old index.php? Remember when it had a very unfinished look, with lots of blank squares with "Module" and 2 duplicate columns both showing the 5 most recent uploads? Is that going to be finished at all?

soneek

Smash Ace
I have the option the edit other people's songs, but anytime I try to save the changes, nothing happens. Maybe something got screwed up in the code for mods, but it hasn't worked for me at all.

TUK said:
Also... soneek? Are you or any one able to add a "Member/User List" type thing... possibly with stats such as the date they joined, how many BRSTMs they've made, perhaps their most recent BRSTM, or at least their most recent activity, all in separate columns in a table-based list?

There's an option to view your own profile, like at the top, i.e. "My Profile".

Another thing on profiles, should be a simple link to "View all BRSTMs by this user".
I would if I knew how. Ijah might know how to do it though.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I really need to get some more BRSTMs done.

Looking at my most recent uploads:
Rainbow Road (DJ Bouche Extended Mix) - 1 day ago
Rainbow Road (Remastered) - 1 day ago
Pure Heart Get - 3 weeks ago

Or, more specifically, I uploaded 2 songs yesterday (April 10, 2012)
But before that, the last BRSTMs I uploaded, were on March 20, 2012 :O

Specifically, the day I was blocked from the IRC, banned from this place, blocked from the YouTube, etc.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Any new logos to upload yet?

Anyway, I just added a few Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem and Kirby series tracks that weren't uploaded, as well as the entire of the Halo series.

Since all but maybe 5-6 of the BRSTMs for the Halo series were simply E to S, it means, most of the videos will not be 15 minutes, but simply a single play through of the song.

Does anyone want me to include custom looped versions, like I did for Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, and the Saturn and PC versions of Sonic Blast?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Some guy wants the Homebrew Browser theme extended.

But we need a Homebrew Browser logo.

Note, Homebrew Browser, NOT Homebrew Channel :p

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I've uploaded a few more Sonic Advance and Snowboard Kids 1 BRSTMs. I'll get the USF set to get the rest of the songs from the latter done.

EDIT : My laptop has gotten a screen problem (yet again) : this time, the screen flickers like an old TV. It has been doing that since yesterday and it seems like when I turn off the laptop for a few hours, the flickering effect worsens, to the point of having a very blued filter. Right now it has recovered from the blued filter, but I fear it would worsen again. Does anyone have an advice to solve this problem ? D:

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Segtendo, can I ask you to add Sonic Drift 2 to the queue when you get those last two songs put up?

:phone:

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Okay, how many more do you gotta do? Also, someone was getting annoyed on the channel because people kept PMing him. Was that TUK?

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll upload them all when they are all done.
And I wasn't logged into the channel last night.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yes, PnF to answer your question.

It's not that some ONE kept PMing me, it's the PMing in general. No particular person.

Allow me to explain... simply.
Here's a sentence from the profile description, where it says "About BrawlBRSTMs's channel":
"If you CONTINUE to PM me with songs that are NOT on the website, then I might get mad, and start eating broccoli!"

Yes, I did type that! I'm not sure if people want me to eat broccoli, but that's not the point. The point is, that the next 2 sentences explains further:

"Please make sure that what you're requesting is on the site. To see what's being uploaded, check the 'YouTube queue' below. You may need to refresh the page, even if you've only just visited the page after some hours.

Videos can only be made, if there's a BRSTM available... otherwise, you'll have to wait a bit longer for us to make the BRSTM first. Please stop requesting extended videos by PM, unless you have checked that they can be added."

See? It's very clear. Videos can only be made if there's a BRSTM available.

Now, here's an example of a PM that I get:
"Could you also send the music from the game Gun Smoke"

What Gun Smoke game?? I don't see any Gun Smoke.

But that's no where NEAR as annoying as this kind of thing...
Someone actually asked when I (we) are going to upload Final Fantasy music. At the time, there were 218 Final Fantasy songs on the channel! I mean does anyone even freaking LOOK at the videos? Or are they just lazy? Do they just go straight to the channel and just ask for music regardless of whether it's either ALREADY on there, or CAN'T be uploaded (on a count of it not being on the site)?

How do you get it through to them, these simple words?:
If, on the site, uploaded the song is not, then be uploaded the video shall not.

Or in more traditional English, "If the song is not on the site, it can't be uploaded on YouTube".

Top Bottom