• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@kyokoro_pamuyo

Too big for our organization? Yes. Too big for everyone who's internet freedom will be effected by the outcome of the decision on ACTA? Not if we unite them all together to protest against ACTA when the time comes (FYI, spreading the word about ACTA's upcoming vote and gather some help for the protest). I probably should have mentioned that earlier.

soneek

Smash Ace
For these Smashville versions of songs that I'm making, should I keep the drums in there? I'm just thinking about it since K.K. Slider's songs don't have drums in them, last I remember.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
In that case, here's some games that people have requested to be uploaded, as well as some of my own requests kind of:
Pac-Man Party
Marvel Super Heroes
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
Cave Story 3D
Any other Megaman games I suppose, and any Tekken games
Any Crash games (Twinsanity, and The Wrath of Cortex particularly)
Game & Watch Gallery series (1, 2, 3, 4) as well as Game Boy Gallery
Donkey Kong Land series
Donkey Kong Country series
Super Mario Land series
Wario Land series
Any thing else you can think of... lolz

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Might as well add something to the list:
Pac-Man Party
Marvel Super Heroes
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
Cave Story 3D
Any other Megaman games I suppose, and any Tekken games
Any Crash games (Twinsanity, and The Wrath of Cortex particularly)
Game & Watch Gallery series (1, 2, 3, 4) as well as Game Boy Gallery
Donkey Kong Land series
Donkey Kong Country series
Super Mario Land series
Wario Land series
Pokemon series
Sonic the Hedgehog series
Metroid series
Star Wars series

Yeah, I really think the site needs a lot more Star Wars BRSTMs. Speaking of which, TUK, I know where you can go to get a better quality version of that file I sent you. Just crack this secret code and you'll know where to go: 4-1-17-11-18-1-13-21-18-VII-VII (Note: the numbers go from 1 to 26, in alphabetical order, and the roman numbers are numbers.).

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Also, it would be cool to have a rating system, a 5-star ranking or a like/dislike thing, so you could sort the "best (or worst) ranked" brstms first
I completely approve of this. I also say that any BRSTM's that are absolute garbage should be eradicated.

@Alaric, Metroid is pretty well-covered, actually. Every game has been BRSTM-ized minus Metroid 2, Hunters, and Pinball (Other M, too, if its music files aren't BRSTM's). Plus, I've done all of the Metroid Metal songs and Harmony of a Hunter, 2 Metroid remix projects. Also, calling dibs on the Star Wars soundtrack.

@TUK, just did a few Kirby 64 songs as requests. Let me know if you want/need them.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@darksamus77

About the Star Wars soundtrack, most of those I had in mind come from the games, some of them really old (with the quality TUK was mentioning). I'll start with them after I get some more work done, but while you've brought up the fact that Metroid Prime Hunters doesn't have much in BRSTMs, I'd like to point out one thing. The file "Metroid Prime: Hunters: Gorea - Phase 2" made by Flame Hyenard isn't exactly how I remember it from the original file (no offense). If you're up for it, I'd like for you to see if you can make the original one for it since that's what I was initially hoping for. (go download the song from Metroid recon and compare it to Flame Hyenard's remix if you want to see, no, "hear" what I mean.) Next time I send you Star Wars requests, I'll ask you of a few things: 1. What Star Wars game you own (so that I know which ones your more familiar with); 2. What games are you up for doing; 3. If you can make a BRSTM of the soundtrack (I'll specify it to you when the first one, as well as the second if the first one is "no", is answered.). Well, that's all for now. Later guys.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Brain Age 2 and Wario: Master of Disguise, which are both DS games, actually have STRM files... I think Purr Pals also has STRM files.

Those Chill and Fever BRSTMs on the site under Brain Age 2, are actually converted from the STRMs, which obviously being streams, have loop points already.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know The World Ends with You uses streams.
So does the DS version of Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, but only for the All-Star move and the credits.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Working on Mario Party 2, using the USF set.
I have just about half of the loop points found.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
One more loop point.
The little song that plays after "Day at the Races" during the replay.
Can't find a damn loop point right now V:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Day at the Races? What are you talking about now? I assumed you're talking about MP2?
I don't see any "Day at the Races" thing in the USF set. I do however see "Instant Replay".

Is that the one you're referring to, the one that on the USF set, runs for 14 seconds?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Basically, Instant Replay has a loop length of 11 seconds...

Note, that you MUST set the track to be playing for long enough to get the loop -- it's currently set to play for 9 seconds + 5 second fade-out. Set the USF to play for about 13 seconds by right clicking, and then View File Info...
The reason I know it's 11 seconds is because I ripped the MIDI from the ROM, which is 11 seconds long. I also converted the USF to WAV, opened in Audacity, highlighted what I though was the loop at around 11 seconds, and it seems OK.... but to actually test my theory as I said, I'm going to upload it.

I'm too lazy to check the whole lot, but for the general "board themes" if that makes sense, according to the MIDIs, these are the lengths of them (that is, the end loop should be no earlier than these lengths):

Pirate Land - 1:12
Western Land - 1:08
Space Land - 1:04
Mystery Land - 1:13
Horror Land - 0:48
Bowser Land - 1:00
Credits - 2:33

However, IMO, you should add a few seconds to those... since there's likely going to be some echo, delay or fadeout of a note that overlaps the loop point.

soneek

Smash Ace
Basically, Instant Replay has a loop length of 11 seconds...

Note, that you MUST set the track to be playing for long enough to get the loop -- it's currently set to play for 9 seconds + 5 second fade-out. Set the USF to play for about 13 seconds by right clicking, and then View File Info...
The reason I know it's 11 seconds is because I ripped the MIDI from the ROM, which is 11 seconds long. I also converted the USF to WAV, opened in Audacity, highlighted what I though was the loop at around 11 seconds, and it seems OK.... but to actually test my theory as I said, I'm going to upload it.
What did you use to rip the MIDI? I heard there's a version VGMTrans that works with N64 games, but I've never tried it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alright.

If I can't find the loop point, would you be up for it?

Or are you saying that you'll upload that specific track?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The version I have can rip MIDIs from:
A lot of games... sadly, I wanted to see if it worked for Paper Mario, but it doesn't :(

For Mario games, it works on:
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Super Smash Bros.

Other examples of games it can rip from:
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64