• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Change that to "vol. 2" and it looks better. Try to split them up evenly. If there are 250 songs, 2 playlists with 125 each, the first one labelled "Game Name vol. 1" and the second "Game Name vol. 2"

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That'd be a little hard to make a script that will automatically split them exactly in half, wouldn't it? Just having it so that when the first playlist is filled up, start a new one.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Done :p

When are more logos going to be added? Nothing has been uploaded since January 20th :(

Seggy must have posted at least 100 since then.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
So, where are all the logos stored? I wanted to know how big they have to be so that I might help out on the logo department.

soneek

Smash Ace
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and I guess Valkyrie Profile 2. I don't plan on doing much with it anytime soon. :p

soneek

Smash Ace
Has anyone successfully uploaded a multi channel BRSTM to the site? I think those should have their own section too. I'm gonna try making a couple later and test them in MKWii.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to test it:

EDIT: This is what happens...
When it uploads, it appears in "Pending" for a few seconds, then disappears... and on the actual song's page you get this:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/17799

Short answer, NO... they don't work.
How Moosey did the "Mix" BRSTMs of things like Buoy Base Galaxy, is that he probably outputted them to WAV, merged them into 2 channels (left and right), and then re-converted them to BRSTM with the same loop points ?

soneek

Smash Ace
I'm going to test it:

EDIT: This is what happens...
When it uploads, it appears in "Pending" for a few seconds, then disappears... and on the actual song's page you get this:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/17799

Short answer, NO... they don't work.
How Moosey did the "Mix" BRSTMs of things like Buoy Base Galaxy, is that he probably outputted them to WAV, merged them into 2 channels (left and right), and then re-converted them to BRSTM with the same loop points ?
I think he used ast_multi when possible.

I guess we would have to do the channel splitting manually for Skyward Sword, as well as any other BRSTM'd games with more than 2 channels.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I think he used ast_multi when possible.

I guess we would have to do the channel splitting manually for Skyward Sword, as well as any other BRSTM'd games with more than 2 channels.
That's for splitting them into individual BRSTMs, such as splitting the underwater and land variations of Buoy Base. I meant when he had both of them playing at the same time. I.e. he had the 4-channel BRSTM merged into 2 separate 2-channel BRSTMS. But what about the BRSTM in which all 4-channels are merged into 2? That is channels 1 and 3 are merged into channel 1, and channels 2 and 4 are merged into channel 2?

soneek

Smash Ace
That's for splitting them into individual BRSTMs, such as splitting the underwater and land variations of Buoy Base. I meant when he had both of them playing at the same time. I.e. he had the 4-channel BRSTM merged into 2 separate 2-channel BRSTMS. But what about the BRSTM in which all 4-channels are merged into 2? That is channels 1 and 3 are merged into channel 1, and channels 2 and 4 are merged into channel 2?
Ohh yeah it's probably the method that you mentioned a few posts up. I'm trying that method with the different route themes from Black & White. I think I saw a mix with all of the Grunty's Lair themes on YouTube as well. :p

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't like that logo for Minecraft. Also, it doesn't seem to be exactly like the official one. I mean, it has the same shape and all, but the shading is way off.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yeah, I don't like that logo for Minecraft. Also, it doesn't seem to be exactly like the official one. I mean, it has the same shape and all, but the shading is way off.
I take no offense.
I didn't know a good picture to use for the logo.

And that "MegaRugratsfan" guy is annoying me. He's like "Before you say that you need a logo, please try to upload the Pac-Man Party music. I can't find it anywhere on here!" He doesn't understand what "patience" means -.-

soneek

Smash Ace
I added the non-looping songs for Pokèmon Battle Revolution. I think there's a couple other looping songs that aren't already, but I don't remember what menus these songs were used for.

soneek

Smash Ace
Thank you kind sir. :p
Would you mind adding Valkyrie Profile 2, Soul Calibur IV, and Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings to the queue as well?

Edit: I think Soul Calibur II is good to go too. :)

Edit2: For some reason this song and this song have loop points set, but the songs don't play past the loop point. I tried reprocessing them, but it wasn't getting anywhere. Should I just reject them and let him re-upload later?

Nvm, I downloaded them and checked them out. I re-upped the one that was good, so hopefully the preview will update soon.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I updated the Find Your Way BRSTM yet again... just incase.
The updated one itself is OK. Just wait until .... I dunno, cookies, or whatever.

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah. Should we try directing people with questions on the YouTube channel to the IRC Channel? I'm in there most of the time from my phone, and we can always ban IP addresses if we have to.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I've updated the Minecraft logo to make it more Minecraft-y.

http://www.multiverseworks.com/732.png

I'm also a bit sad that on my user page, the top five downloads made by me are dominated by entries which aren't really serious. I at least expected one of the two Malukah covers to reach the top downloads, but I guess they took an arrow in the knee.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Gary, that kicks my Minecraft logo in the behind.

Okay. Wanna point some things out.

1. I've found all the loop points for the Pokemon Stadium songs. Gotta convert now. Already converted the non-looping ones.
2. I want Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 up on YouTube, BUT I wanna do some of the remaining songs that are only in that game.
3. I have one more track to find loop points for in Earthworm Jim for the SNES. It's "What the Heck?" However, the SPC set that I downloaded is incorrect. Instruments are missing after it goes into the "elevator music" part of the song. I even trying getting an SPC of it by myself, but it came up the same...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I have it now (several big moves and stuff), but if you guys want, I can try and dig up my old Earthworm Jim PC games I have on CD and start converting the songs on the audio tracks. I have both EWJ 1 and 2 on disc.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I think I got my SPC set from Zophar.net or something.
http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ewj

This was last updated on August 6, 2011 and is currently version 1.03 of the rip (on their site that is).

It's a single RSN file, but Winamp and foobar2000 should both play it -- although I'm not sure about foobar2000 completely.

I have no idea also, if this is fixed, in your case.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll try that file sometime. I really wanna finish the game's music.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just rename RSN files to .rar and open them.

Really ****ing dumb format someone came up with that needs to die.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Not to go too much off-topic, but CBR and CBZ files, used for comic readers, are RAR and ZIP files respectively, and I think it's actually a good idea to have a separate extension for comics.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of archived music formats. Even NSFs and the like bug the hell out of me.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
NSF's are a pain in the *** to work with.
Formats that can be played in VGMstream are my best friend cuz I can easily convert the music files then.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
NSF's are a pain in the *** to work with.
Formats that can be played in VGMstream are my best friend cuz I can easily convert the music files then.
Um.... what makes NSFs so hard to convert -- compared to USF, GSF, 2SF, SPC, GYM, VGM, PSF, PSF2 etc?

If you use Winamp, ANY format that is playable in Winamp, can be converted to WAV. And I mean ANY. Just get NEZPlug++ for NSF files.
Alternatively get the Game Emu Player (in_gep.dll) for foobar2000.

The ONLY thing that makes ANY non-streamed music hard is finding loop points, but even then, it's not very hard, unless it's like that Mario Party 2 song you were trying to do.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just don't like how NSF's are stored. It includes the SFX as well, even if we can skip over them >.>

Top Bottom