• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Alright, I've got a problem. I need to unlink the site's youtube account with my personal google account, but for some reason Google won't let you do that. Today I found out about a loophole where you close your account and then reopen it. The only problem with this is that all your videos are deleted in the process. Anybody have any input on this?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've got no idea how to solve the problem, but I have 2 questions.
Firstly, why did you link your personal google account with the site's youtube account in the first place, if you need to unlink them?
Secondly, why do you need to unlink them, anyway?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
1. Because I didn't know what would happen with the account 2 years ago
2. Because I want my personal youtube account with my google account and not the website's.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've had a problem with his BRSTMs too.
I could never change the title of them.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Have you all listened to Harmony of a Hunter (Shinesparkers' album tribute to Metroid's 25th anniversary)? It's absolutely incredible, and I highly recommend listening to the album if you haven't already.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
@Seg : So, it's not only me... :(

@DS77 : I haven't, actually, I was busy making Pokémon BRSTMs... Is that a hint about you going to make BRSTMs of that album ? :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Flame, nice Pokemon Puzzle Challenge BRSTMs.

That game has good music.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It's one of my childhood games, I couldn't let it pass like this. Try playing it on Intense against Lance : now THAT'S a real challenge :awesome:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@Seg : So, it's not only me... :(

@DS77 : I haven't, actually, I was busy making Pokémon BRSTMs... Is that a hint about you going to make BRSTMs of that album ? :awesome:
Yep, I'm calling dibs on making BRSTM's. However, you should really check out the soundtrack. All the tracks are remixes, but they're pretty darn good ones. I like Thunder Shooter, The Caves of Brinstar, and MQ2 the best.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You know, I'd edit the stupid BRSTM, if the stupid site didn't stupidly say "You need Flash Player to play this.". I can watch YouTube videos, therefore, I have Flash, right?

EDIT: WHAT THE GOD DAMNED HELL IS GOING ON? Is VideoGameMusicFan some kind of ****ed up ******** robot? Flame can't update his BRTSMs, or rename them, or anything. And how is this for ********?
I tried 3 different BRSTMs. 1 which was by "Moosehunter", and I was able to play that. The other 2 by "VideoGameMusicFan", and BOTH of these say "You need Flash Player to play this.".

Seriously, who is this stupid idiot? He's got to be some hacker, if only HIS BRSTMs can not be renamed or updated, and only HIS BRSTMs claim you need Flash Player, even though you have it, because you can play OTHER BRSTMs fine.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
According to somewhere (lifehacker):

"Unfortunately, you can only migrate your YouTube account if you created it before May 2009. If you are one of these lucky folks, though, it's quite easy. Just go to your Account settings and hit Manage Account. At the bottom of the list you'll see an option to unlink your YouTube and Google accounts. Click the link and follow the steps. The next time you log into YouTube, it will prompt you to link it to another Google Account. If you created your YouTube account after May 2009, though, you will not have this option. Your only choice is to re-upload all of your videos to a new YouTube account."

You created yours after May 2009, which is bad.

Also, do you know why Flame is unable to do anything to VideoGameMusicFan's BRSTMs, i.e. edit, update, etc, and why somehow only VideoGameMusicFan's BRSTMs tell you that you need Flash Player, yet you can play other BRSTMs fine? I'm talking about the particular player that should appear on the actual song's page, where you can download it, and it tells you the length, size, etc.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For me, I uploaded a few tracks from the Megaman 20th Anniversary Album, uploaded the missing character themes from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and updated the rest that needed updating.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You know, I'd edit the stupid BRSTM, if the stupid site didn't stupidly say "You need Flash Player to play this.". I can watch YouTube videos, therefore, I have Flash, right?

EDIT: WHAT THE GOD DAMNED HELL IS GOING ON? Is VideoGameMusicFan some kind of ****ed up ******** robot? Flame can't update his BRTSMs, or rename them, or anything. And how is this for ********?
I tried 3 different BRSTMs. 1 which was by "Moosehunter", and I was able to play that. The other 2 by "VideoGameMusicFan", and BOTH of these say "You need Flash Player to play this.".

Seriously, who is this stupid idiot? He's got to be some hacker, if only HIS BRSTMs can not be renamed or updated, and only HIS BRSTMs claim you need Flash Player, even though you have it, because you can play OTHER BRSTMs fine.
That's insane. You should contact him about that.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
darksamus, good seeing more of you in here.

And you were crazy yesterday. You uploaded so many BRSTMs lol

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
darksamus, good seeing more of you in here.

And you were crazy yesterday. You uploaded so many BRSTMs lol
Oh...that's barely scratching the surface. I'm approaching 2500 BRSTM's total, and I'd like to get the ones that I haven't lost due to deletion or wiped harddrives to brawlcustommusic so I won't have to worry about the songs randomly being deleted.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You do realise we already have Yoshi's Island BRSTMs, right?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/55

I'll have to reject them.

Seriously, people, for the love of GOD, can you PLEASE actually check to see if it's available, instead of just simply going and uploading willy-nilly?

You might only know it as "Yoshi's Island", but 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of other people know it as "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island".

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
You do realise we already have Yoshi's Island BRSTMs, right?
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/55

I'll have to reject them.

Seriously, people, for the love of GOD, can you PLEASE actually check to see if it's available, instead of just simply going and uploading willy-nilly?

You might only know it as "Yoshi's Island", but 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of other people know it as "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island".
Sorry...Yes, I do know it as SMW2 also. The others, however, won't be duplicates.

I'm on a quest to get as many of my nearly 2500 BRSTM's on bcm, because I'm sick of Mediafire randomly deleting some of my BRSTM's. So, that's why I'm "uploading willy-nilly"

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Tuk, seg, flame, do you have a spare 50-100 gb that you're willing to spare so that we can have multiple backups of the website?
We can never have too many backups, and you would have quick access to all the mp3s and brstms.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Do you mean on my PC? Sorry, I only have 818 GB left. Hahaha. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic. I should have enough space for the entire site's BRSTMs and MP3s, 7 times over :p.

Just out of curiosity, how would I be backing them up? Simply downloading a large file of 100 GB seems impractible, seeing as it'd take me 23 hours to that, at least, and I never have my PC on that long at any one time :p

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I know I wasn't included in your post, moosehunter, but I have 191 GB free, so...I could be a backup too, if you want.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But I have 818 GB, because I have a 1.3 terabyte hard drive. Muahahahahahaha. Of course, "you can never have too many backups", therefore, there's nothing wrong with backing up the backed up files that were backed up from files being the backups of backed backed files up backed backing backable *explodes*

Also, O, Great, Sir Venator Alces, have you made a topic on FFShrine forums, and posted your Super Mario Sunshine rip?

If you don't know what Venator Alces means, you fail at Latin. I.e. use Google Translate, and translate from Latin to English, and you'll find it is rather appropriate.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Do you mean on my PC? Sorry, I only have 818 GB left. Hahaha. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic. I should have enough space for the entire site's BRSTMs and MP3s, 7 times over :p.

Just out of curiosity, how would I be backing them up? Simply downloading a large file of 100 GB seems impractible, seeing as it'd take me 23 hours to that, at least, and I never have my PC on that long at any one time :p
It would be done using rsync (look it up if you don't know what it is) and the backups would be done every hour (maybe less if you don't want them done that frequently) Everytime it runs, it only backups new files or the parts of files that have changed.

I know I wasn't included in your post, moosehunter, but I have 191 GB free, so...I could be a backup too, if you want.
Sure, if you want to if you don't mind losing ~70 GB

Also, O, Great, Sir Venator Alces, have you made a topic on FFShrine forums, and posted your Super Mario Sunshine rip?
Not yet, but I'm not in any state to do so ATM

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't the initial back up take longer, since it has to back up all the files?

And would it affect the speed of someone's PC, if they don't have a particularly fast PC, everytime it backs up?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Tuk, seg, flame, do you have a spare 50-100 gb that you're willing to spare so that we can have multiple backups of the website?
We can never have too many backups, and you would have quick access to all the mp3s and brstms.
ATM, I have 104 GB's on my computer.
But since TUK has a ton more space, I recommend him.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Actually, the idea was to have multiple back ups. So, you, Flame, DS, and I could do it.
I also want to go through all the songs on the site to weed out or fix ones that have any problems, and having the brstms on your computer would make that easier.

The brstms are the main thing that needs to be backed up, and they currently take up 44 GB

And would it affect the speed of someone's PC, if they don't have a particularly fast PC, everytime it backs up?
Nope, although it might if you have one from the 90s or something.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't actually know if I have a bandwidth. All I know, is my connection is 54.0 Mbps (megabits per second), and it's broadband, however, I'm not aware of any limits of how much I can download. We'll have to see. When will you be doing this? And what, if anything, would I need to do, (and therefore, what does anyone else who doesn't know what to do, need to to)?

Also, I should warn you, that there are 109 pending BRSTMs on BCM.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I don't actually know if I have a bandwidth. All I know, is my connection is 54.0 Mbps (megabits per second), and it's broadband, however, I'm not aware of any limits of how much I can download. We'll have to see. When will you be doing this? And what, if anything, would I need to do, (and therefore, what does anyone else who doesn't know what to do, need to to)?

Also, I should warn you, that there are 109 pending BRSTMs on BCM.
Sorry, but I physically cannot use a computer for more than five minutes right now without getting really sick.

And I'll have to set it up on your computer.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You.... my computer?

By you setting it up on my computer, I assume you mean you tell me how to set it up, right? Because I don't think you'd want to travel all the way to where I live, which is probably at least 3000 miles away <___<.

Also, what's making you sick?

Top Bottom