• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also... copied from a comment I sent to BrawlBRSTMs' YouTube profile:
Yeah! I've been pretty lazy, so, I've probably got a total of 5 or so BRSTMs to upload :p, but there's probably a load of BRSTMs that people are waiting to upload, right? I would be able to do Kirby Mass Attack... except for one thing. The names. I mean, if you don't mind having "01_NTR-TADJ-JPN-0000" as the names, then that's OK, but I doubt it. Unless I do them, and then when we know what they're called, we can just rename them later, right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So.. remember when, last week, you said you might be able to get the sequenced Super Mario Galaxy files converted to FLAC? Well, did you manage to do that, or should I assume you've been too busy trying to get BCM back? :p

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Busy? There wasn't anything I could do. There was apparently a paperwork issue between the host and the host's ISP.
And no, I haven't.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, moose? You see that big red button that says "update Game List page"? You wouldn't mind pressing that, would you? ;)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Also... what's wrong with it?
It does loop normally...
Start Loop Point: 6,365,184
End Loop Point: 6,437,229

It's not my fault that the loop is just silence <_<. I just uploaded it straight from the BRSTM, obviously, and since it has a start loop and end loop, it's therefore, technically a looping BRSTM.
Yeah, but you should still check everything you upload and change it if necessary, even if it's straight from the game.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, maybe you should also make it so that you can change the loop to non-looping. At the moment, if you set it to non-looping, you can't change it to anything else, however, if you set it to looping, you can only then change it to either Normal, Custom, or E to S.

Also, haven't you been uploading songs as "Non looping" when they should be looping?

PKB

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, maybe you should also make it so that you can change the loop to non-looping. At the moment, if you set it to non-looping, you can't change it to anything else, however, if you set it to looping, you can only then change it to either Normal, Custom, or E to S.

Also, haven't you been uploading songs as "Non looping" when they should be looping?

PKB
But then the brstm would still loop. Although all you would need to do is flip the "looping" bit in the brstm header.

And I don't know what happened there, something happened with the database.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah

And Gilvasunner uploaded Kirby Mass Attack, so you could just tag the brstms with those or just find a tagged soundtrack.
Well I've already downloaded a 937 megabyte FLAC rip, so, I'll just tag them, when I upload them, using GilverSunner's soundtrack.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Uploaded Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Thunder Force IV, and Mother 3 BRSTMs.

It was worth it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to be doing Kirby's Mass Attack. I'm just converting the FLACs I got (which are actually from the 2SF rip <_<) to WAVs. I won't be uploading them until I've done them... just so I can have over 100 BRSTMs pending just from myself alone... and I'm going to leave Flame to sort them all out... muahahahahahaha..... or maybe Segtendo wouldn't mind approving more than 100 BRSTMs :p

As Peter Griffin said... I am so stupid :)

Also, you remember I was waiting for some guy from FFShrine to remaster some soundtracks?
Well, some bad news: Hey, well my Mac crashed and I have had enough of this so I got a new PC and a Linux box. Because of this move, not only did I loose all my settings for the remaster, I also lost a few of the programs I use for the mono to stereo mix. And because of all this, I am quiting this project. Please note that this is not because I don't want to do it, (trust me, I love doing this) but I lost all my countless hours of hard work getting it all perfected. Sorry. Please don't take it personal. If I do somehow get it back, I will message you.
I'm really sorry.

So, unless he is able to get the stuff he needs back, well, we might get something :p

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
If you wanna know, it'd be easy to approve all the BRSTMs of my fellow moderators, since you two knows how to loop a song the right way :awesome:

I found out how to make a song like in Mario Kart Wii when you're in the last lap : on Audacity, raise the pitch by 7,5% and raise the tempo by 15%. I've tried on a few songs, and I might upload a demonstration later on. :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Did I?

Also, if you want to actually make it sound like the Mario Kart Wii final lap versions, notice how they don't have the intro, and just start straight away?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If you wanna know, it'd be easy to approve all the BRSTMs of my fellow moderators, since you two knows how to loop a song the right way :awesome:

I found out how to make a song like in Mario Kart Wii when you're in the last lap : on Audacity, raise the pitch by 7,5% and raise the tempo by 15%. I've tried on a few songs, and I might upload a demonstration later on. :)
Hey.

That's pretty neat.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'm gonna start uploading Casltevania HOD and keep adding as I make the brstms. I'll look at the Judgment files later too if I get a chance.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The mini2sf rip I have of Kirby Mass Attack has about 120 files or so, but the soundtrack on GilvaSunner's page only has 30 or so. Are there really 90-ish dupilcates or something?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Doing that final lap thing with SPCs is easy, and also, you don't lose the quality you usually lose when you speed up something, by a percentage that's not the same as the pitch.

Basically, when you do the normal "stop annoying volume" thing, on the main settings, go to the last tab, and check the box that says something about a control panel.

There are many sliders. 2 of which will control the pitch and speed. Set the speed to 1.15 or as close to that as possible, and then the pitch is going to be somewhat harder to work out.
Obviously, if the percentage is 100%, the pitch will be +12 semitones, right? I know it has SOMETHING to do with powers of 12 somewhere, i.e. 2[sup]12[/sup] for example.
Well, if 440 Hz is the frequency with no change, then 880 Hz will be the frequency with 100% change, i.e. 440 x 2[sup]12/12[/sup], or 440 x 2. So, I'm assuming you'd have to work out 7.5% of 12, which is 0.9, so the frequency would be 440 x 2[sup]0.9/12[/sup] or roughly 463.48 Hz.
To convert this to the relative pitch:
12 x log[sup]2[/sup](463.48/440) -- which equals 0.9 semitones, which is roughly 1 semitone.

Therefore, in short, raise the pitch by 1 semitone, and the speed by 1.15. I'll upload an example later.

EDIT: No superscript or subscript codes?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Doing that final lap thing with SPCs is easy, and also, you don't lose the quality you usually lose when you speed up something, by a percentage that's not the same as the pitch.

Basically, when you do the normal "stop annoying volume" thing, on the main settings, go to the last tab, and check the box that says something about a control panel.

There are many sliders. 2 of which will control the pitch and speed. Set the speed to 1.15 or as close to that as possible, and then the pitch is going to be somewhat harder to work out.
Obviously, if the percentage is 100%, the pitch will be +12 semitones, right? I know it has SOMETHING to do with powers of 12 somewhere, i.e. 2[sup]12[/sup] for example.
Well, if 440 Hz is the frequency with no change, then 880 Hz will be the frequency with 100% change, i.e. 440 x 2[sup]12/12[/sup], or 440 x 2. So, I'm assuming you'd have to work out 7.5% of 12, which is 0.9, so the frequency would be 440 x 2[sup]0.9/12[/sup] or roughly 463.48 Hz.
To convert this to the relative pitch:
12 x log[sup]2[/sup](463.48/440) -- which equals 0.9 semitones, which is roughly 1 semitone.

Therefore, in short, raise the pitch by 1 semitone, and the speed by 1.15. I'll upload an example later.

EDIT: No superscript or subscript codes?
wat

Also, did Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis).

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - 2 Player vs. By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Configuration By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Continue By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Danger! By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Dr. R's in Danger! By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Dr. Robotnik Defeated By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Ending Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Exercise Mode By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Opening Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Password Entry By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Staff Roll By zelda23 - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stage 13 By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stage 13 Intro By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 1-4 By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 1-4 Intro By zelda23 - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 5-8 By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 5-8 Intro By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 9-12 By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Stages 9-12 Intro By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - The Machine Explodes By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Unused (Brave) By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Unused (Sound Code 01) By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Unused (Sound Code 0C) By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Unused (Theme of Puyo Puyo) By Segtendo - DEMO
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis) - Victory! By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I'll say it simply (is that a word?):

If you want to do the Mario Kart Wii final lap thingy, using Flame's values, then in SNESAmp, since you can change the pitch and speed (and because it's sequenced, and not streamed, it won't sound slightly crappier, because there are no samples being lost or whatever), if you change the speed to 1.15 (or as close as possible -- i.e. 15% faster), and then the pitch to about 1 semitone (which is roughly 7.5% -- 7.5% is actually around 0.9, but there's hardly any difference in 0.1 semitones, so you'll hardly no the difference), then you'll have some Mario Kart Wii final lap 'versions'. Also, if you're able to, cut off any intros, and have it start straight into the song. You might have to do some editing, with channel muting, for those with an intro, where the delay of a note kind of overlaps, otherwise, you might here the last second of a note which is just fading out, or something.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Did Megaman: The Wily Wars

Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Game Select By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Introduction By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Bombman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Boss Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Cutman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 1 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 2 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage Boss By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Elecman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Ending Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Fireman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Game Over By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Game Start By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Gutsman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Iceman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Stage Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man - Stage Select By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Airman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - All Stages Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Boss Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Bubbleman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Crashman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Map By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage 1 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage 2 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Ending Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Flashman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Game Over By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Game Start By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Heatman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Metalman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - New Weapon By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Opening Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Password By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Quickman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Staff Roll By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Stage Select By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Title Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 2 - Woodman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Boss Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Dr. Wily Boss Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Dr. Wily Map By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Dr. Wily Stage 1 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Dr. Wily Stage 2 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Dr. Wily Stage 3 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Ending Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Game Start By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Geminiman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Hardman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Magnetman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Needleman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - New Weapon By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Password By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Protoman's Whistle By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Shadowman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Snakeman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Sparkman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Staff Roll By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Stage Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Stage Select By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Title Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Mega Man 3 - Topman Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Title Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - All Stages Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Boss Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Buster Rod-G Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Ending Theme By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Game Over By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Game Start By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Hyper Storm-H Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Light Lab By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Mega Water-S Stage By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - New Weapon By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Stage Clear By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Stage Select By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Wily's Tower Map By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Wily's Tower Stage 1 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Wily's Tower Stage 2 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Wily's Tower Stage 3 By Segtendo - DEMO
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Wily's Tower - Wily's Tower Stage 4 By Segtendo - DEMO

--> Go Back to the List

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm going to do some custom looping BRSTMs of Call of Duty: Black Ops. And, as you may know, I actually mean custom loop. Not simply finding 2 loop points, or just doing an E to S, but actually editing the song to loop smoothly. Generally, it's simply a case of maybe copying the song, then cutting off a few seconds, and then pasting that just near the end of the original track, leaving the last note of the original track playing over the top, so that it's smooth.

Here's a basic diagram <_<, the {-} part represents the intro:
[{-}song]
______[song]

Does that make sense? If not, just listen to my BRSTMs of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and compare to the non-looping original audio.

Top Bottom