• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hmm... at about 2:48, I hear two sets of symbols. Was that intended?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yes.
At the very end of the song, there's a cymbal (that's how it's spelt) that's on the 4th semiquaver of the last beat. So it goes 1---2---3---4--- and where I looped from it goes 1---2---3---4--- I actually overlapped this just after the end of that last cymbal, so together you'd get 1---2---3---4---1---2---3---4---

The red parts are the parts where the cymbals are played, each number represents a beat, and each hyphen is a semiquaver (16th note)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
TUK, I have a question :

How much hours of music class did you take to know that much ? :laugh:

Right now, I'm going to do 2 songs from Megaman 5 on the Gameboy.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Not much. It should be rather obvious that if there's a cymbal on the last note of one beat, and another at the first note of the next beat, there will be 2 cymbals next to each other.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
BRSTMs Made: 1660

And for the other top contributors:
Segtendo: BRSTMs Made: 1239
Moosehunter: BRSTMs Made: 2748

Also we have at least 728 members on BCM now.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, moose? Is it possible to add a message on the upload page, about looping BRSTMs correctly? Using that lovely piece of javascript that lets you "edit" pages, here's an example, of what I mean:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If you're taking suggestions, I'd like that front page could be simple and doesn't take forever to load... :V

moosehunter

Smash Ace

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
If that kind of frontpage is accepted, maybe you could expand the list of most recent songs on BCM to 20 songs instead of 5 ?

Making and updating songs from Megaman 3 (NES).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I can't... can I? You really should check the songs. Remember how you let a whole load of songs that hadn't even been properly looped at all (just full loops including fade out)?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can't... can I? You really should check the songs. Remember how you let a whole load of songs that hadn't even been properly looped at all (just full loops including fade out)?
Oh right... mods can't delete BRSTMs. We can only delete our own.
We need moosehunter on the job.
It'd be cool if we could upload logos for future Youtube videos.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I was about to comment, but the forum updated itself, and that caught me off guard ! (nice new signature by the way, Seg :awesome:)

I've uploaded all the Megaman 3 songs and updated what was in bad quality. I'm too lazy right now to list them up here, but I don't know where to find a blank background with Megaman 3 on it. XD

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was about to comment, but the forum updated itself, and that caught me off guard ! (nice new signature by the way, Seg :awesome:)

I've uploaded all the Megaman 3 songs and updated what was in bad quality. I'm too lazy right now to list them up here, but I don't know where to find a blank background with Megaman 3 on it. XD
Haha, thanks dude.
And what I would do is:
0. Get the Megaman 3 ROM
1. Open the Rom in any emulator of your choice.
2. Get the picture size as big as you can.
3. Print screen it.
4. Crop out background.
I did that with the Earthworm Jim 2 logo.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Is it that important to have the title of a game in a blank background ? It's sometimes puzzling to find one of these, while some official artwork could do the job just as well.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Is it that important to have the title of a game in a blank background ? It's sometimes puzzling to find one of these, while some official artwork could do the job just as well.
Well, moosehunter never used artwork in his videos. Logos always work nicely.
Besides, he can put it on a black background.
Megaman 2 logo
Megaman 3 logo

Also, some Sonic CD logos. 1 2 3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Could somebody move the Homestuck music listed under "Other" to its own category? A friend of mine is working on looping pretty much all the albums from/based around it, and it'd probably be good not to clutter "Other" with 200+ Homestuck songs.

Also, is there a tool or something to increase the volume of a BRSTM?

Also, why not just remove the list of songs in the posts at the beginning of this thread and just link to brawlcustommusic?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Increasing the volume of a BRSTM is impossible, but if you export the WAV file, you can increase the sound of it via Audacity. I suggest you amplify the sound by 2 dBs. That's what I do for my songs.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The issue is that my friend uses the really old BCSM-GUI that Dantarion made way back, and it auto-equalizes songs, which is making a bunch of them too quiet. I'll just tell him to use BrawlBox instead.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games BRSTMs that are straight from the Wii version of the game. The game already comes with BRSTMs. I still need to tag them though...

EDIT: Actually, screw them. A lot of them don't loop. The individual BRSTM could be like 5 minutes and, according to Winamp, has no loop.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games BRSTMs that are straight from the Wii version of the game. The game already comes with BRSTMs. I still need to tag them though...

EDIT: Actually, screw them. A lot of them don't loop. The individual BRSTM could be like 5 minutes and, according to Winamp, has no loop.
Where did you get the BRSTMs from?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me what's the equivalent of a NSF file for NDS games ?

Ohmagaditsabeanoveronedaynoonehaspostedanythinghere !

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
To be specific, I believe the individual files are mini2sf, like how N64 uses miniusf, and GBA uses minigsf -- but generally you'd call the entire set a "2SF set".
Also, make sure to get vio2sf 0.23 (the latest version).

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I did make sure of that :awesome:

Gorea Phase 2 from Metroid Prime: Hunters sounds as epic as ever ! <3

Something's weird though : I don't recall the song named "Alinos (Multiplayer)" to have an overuse of chorus... Yet it is present in the 2SF file I picked up from Zophar's Domain.

Top Bottom