• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. In fact I think the title music is the only music that's in the game, not counting the short piece taken from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, or the Serenade No. 13 for strings in G major, K. 525

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I uploaded some Sonic Advance BRSTMs today.
They're ones that I made a while ago, but then got bored of making all of them.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It's simple. We google "time", and there we go *got hit*

I've uploaded the theme of the Mos Eisley Cantina from Star Wars :awesome:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I'll be honest. For songs that normally loop, the time it takes to find the loop points, enter them into moose's converter thing, and whatever, and to upload it to BCM can be as short as ... less than 5 minutes, maybe?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Uploaded some Okami BRSTMs that I converted straight from the game.
I've uploaded the ones I've named, thanks to the soundtrack.
Also, moosehunter, you MUST do Okami's music for your next extended videos. I know that a ton of people would love to hear extended versions of that game's song.
http://www.thebbps.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/okami_logo.gif
Here's a logo. I can't find anything bigger :/
Feel free to use a bigger logo if you find one.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
That would take forever to update @_@
It's basically me, moosehunter, TUK, and Flame who post here anyways.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, moosey? What are the chances one of us moderators would ever be promoted to some kind of administrator or assistant administrator?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well that went well.

Anyway, um... 2 things.
Firstly, I'm going to do some Game & Watch Gallery 2 BRSTMs, and update Game Boy Camera, and do a few other BRSTMs, because, unless it's just me, generally, I swear the rate of uploads to BCM are getting slower.
Secondly, you know that program you sent me, moose? Why does it crash if you try and search anything above about 4:30? If I search below 4:30 or whatever, it'll work, but if I search for say, something like 5:00+, it'll say "[Secret Military Operation Reproduction Generator (SMORG)] has stopped responding" blah blah blah.

OK, it's not called SMORG, it's called "Zero-X- Seamless Looper", I just felt like saying that.

The reason for asking this is because, for example the Game Boy Camera has awkward loops that, if you look in that game's section on your site, has loops of ridiculous lengths, like over 10 minutes in some cases. And there are many video game tunes that have loops above 5 minutes. For example, Training/Practice in Smash Bros (64) has a loop of about 9:56, or almost 10 minutes, there's a tune in Turok 2: Seeds of Evil that even goes to 12 minutes, for example.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Gah, finally, I got here. Darn fatal errors and whatnot. Er... anyway, I have mine set to I believe 15 PPP, which means... THIS.... IS........ SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROS BRAWL!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I've tried this and have gotten no where. There's this tune from Game Boy Camera, which has a single melody on one channel, and an echo on another channel, which has a delay, which gets bigger every time the song 'loops', so I figured, I could find the loops of each channel and then find the LCM of these, however, whenever I tried that, I kept getting ridiculous loops that basically worked out at some 35 days or something. I'm certain that the loop is no where NEAR that long. So I decided to manually record the WAV and just to the long tiring task of listening to it real time. It turns out the actual loop (that is the combined loop of both channels) is around 21 minutes. And finally, I can now upload what is by far the longest BRSTM ever on BCM, beating the current record by some 9 minutes, which in itself is a very long time. I recorded it as an AVI with 10% compression quality, but the audio doesn't sound too bad.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
21 minutes long song ? In a Game Boy game ? O_O

Also, I've downloaded the OST of Maverick Hunter X (the PSP remake of Megaman X), and I might do some of the songs.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well as I said, it's a weird tune. It has an echo that very slightly gets more delayed. And it takes 21 minutes (or 20 minutes, 58 seconds to be exact) before both the echo and the main melody start at exactly the same time.
Imagine a two circles with a circumference of 50 cm, each, spinning at slightly different speeds. Let's say one spins at 50 revolutions per minute, and the other at 55 revolutions per minute. This would be the same as 2500 cm per minute for one, and 2750 cm per minute for the other. Each time one of them would go round once, the other, if slower, would not quite have gone round, or if the other was faster, it would have been round, and be slightly ahead, with the distances gradually increasing. While the circles only took about 10 seconds to meet again, because the difference in size wasn't so small, if it was like 50 rpm and 51 rpm, or even smaller like 1000 rpm to 1001 rpm, they may have taken hours.

Anyway, it's uploading now. And by my calculations, the 43.9 MB file, uploading at 125 kb/s will take ... 6 minutes to upload, maybe longer.

Well, look at that. I started it at 10:24 pm, and it finished at 10:30 pm. Anyway, it's uploaded now, and here it is
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/9512
Warning. The actual loop consists of a roughly 10-11 second song repeated for just under 21 minutes (again, due to the echo).

Also, should this be accepted or not?:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/9511

It's an End to Start loop but I'm not sure if it loops in the first place, or if it's a non-looping tune. If it's non-looping then that'd be OK, but if it's a looping tune then I'd reject it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
"could u plz make the Okami Soundtrack? its just as epic as the other soundtracks you have up!"
From moosehunter's Youtube.
Told ya people would want Okami music extended ;o

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does Okami have looping music, or does it use music, like Sonic CD, or Sonic 3D for Saturn, where it actually fades out, so you have to make custom loops?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The 21 minutes long song is catchy, but becomes a bit annoying after a while.

Going to do more Maverick Hunter X songs.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's the trouble with Game Boy Camera songs. Especially the ones that have 3 melodies that have different loops or rhythms, e.g.
Melody 1: ||||||||-|||||||--||-- (22 notes)
Melody 2: |||||||||||||||||||||||| (24 notes)
Melody 3: |||||||||||||||||----|--- (25 notes)
Let's say each note is a quaver, and the song plays at 110 bpm, thus Melody 1 lasts for 6 seconds, Melody 2 lasts for 6.(54) seconds (the brackets mean the group of digits repeats infinitely, i.e. 6.54545454...), and Melody 3 lasts for 6.(81) seconds. Because of the recurring decimals, you can't get an accurate total length of the melodies, however, you can work out how many notes in total are played before all the melodies play the 1st note at the same time, which is the lowest common multiple of 22, 24 and 25, which is 6600. Therefore, there are 6600 quavers, or 3300 crotchets, at 110 beats per minute. 3300/110 = 30, thus having just 2 more notes on Melody 2, and a further note on Melody 3 means a normally 6-second tune has a loop of 30 minutes. Obviously an easier example would be if something had 20 notes and 30 notes, meaning that the LCM would be 60, which would mean the 5.(45) and 8.(18) second tunes would take just 16.(36) seconds, since there'd be 3 lots of 20 notes, and 2 lots of 30 notes.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just my opinion, but do we REALLY need those "Fast" and "Slow" versions of the Game & Watch Gallery 3 songs? They're not technically in the game, as such. Or to put it another way, they're just the same song. Somewhat unnecessary if you ask me. Especially since there's only slow, normal, and fast, and nothing in between.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just my opinion, but do we REALLY need those "Fast" and "Slow" versions of the Game & Watch Gallery 3 songs? They're not technically in the game, as such. Or to put it another way, they're just the same song. Somewhat unnecessary if you ask me. Especially since there's only slow, normal, and fast, and nothing in between.
^This

Also, I renamed "Animal Crossing City Folk [Let's go to the city]" as "Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go to the City", as I thought it looked neater. I also renamed "Animal Crossing" as "Animal Crossing (GCN)" so it does not get confused with the 3DS version (although the 3DS Animal Crossing will most likely have another name, other than just Animal Crossing)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Well, there are people that likes their song slowed down or fasten up. To tell you the truth, the fast and slow versions are at 1 for fastest and 5 for slowest. The normal pace is at 3 in the Music Room. :awesome:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But it's a bit pointless if they aren't actually different songs. So what if people like them slowed down or fast. I don't speed up Yoshi's Island songs just because people like them sped up. Especially since the slow versions aren't even heard in the game at all.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I have a question about 64th Note (the USF player for Winamp)
Is there a set up where it loops twice and then fades out? I don't like having all the songs the same length...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Firstly, each individual miniUSF file has to be manually set to play to a certain length. Most USFs should be automatically timed, however, for those that aren't, the easiest (but most boring) way is to simply listen to the track, and judge for yourself when it's looped twice.
Right click on any miniUSF track that isn't timed properly, and click View File Info. There SHOULD be some boxes about length and fadeout. There should also be a button that automatically put the current length that the song is at, for example, if you listened to Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road and it wasn't timed, you'd listen to it until it looped twice, and then click that button, and it'd show something like 4:28 (which is about how long 2 loops of the song would be).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I got it now :p
That's funny, because I did some Mario Kart 64 BRSTMs.
Also, I fixed your "Moo Moo Farm/Yoshi Valley" BRSTM to have a nicer sounding loop.

Top Bottom