• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I can tell you guys are good players...

But those vids seem verry disappointing to me.

combos seem near impossible with how slow no Lcanceling has made things, running around Usmashing seemed as effective as any mind game, edge-guarding seems out, ect...

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Marth's recovery still seems good to me, thanks to the new floatier jumps and auto-sweet spotting. He can't repeatedly use his Side B to gain horizontal distance anymore, but he can use it once to push forward. Also, his Neutral B now pushes him forward in the air as well so you could probably make that work for horizontal movement.
Wow...I'm really worried about Marth. It sounds like he barely was nerfed at all, and might even be better now.

Revven

FrankerZ
Those were some good videos, it brings hope to competitive play, especially the one with C. Falcon. Though, I'd really like to see how you guys would fair with Kirby or Pikachu. Hopefully, you're going to make many more videos than what you've done so far.

I definitely love what I'm seeing with Wolf, Falco, C. Falcon, Marth, Lucario, Sheik, and MetaKnight. They all look like great characters!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I can tell you guys are good players...

But those vids seem verry disappointing to me.

combos seem near impossible with how slow no Lcanceling has made things, running around Usmashing seemed as effective as any mind game, edge-guarding seems out, ect...
Most of the good stuff is gone/

J.L

Smash Ace
What is Ganon's bair? I dont think ive seen it in action yet. It was a very useful move in melee, has it been nerfed?

Also if you did a side B off the ledge with Ganon, would it spike them down, and would you be able to recover right after instead of falling helplessly down?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see LeeHarris being realistic with the techniques that were removed, and explaining that Brawl will play differently than Melee.

Personally, I'm looking forward to exploring the new Brawl metagame, and enjoying its own competitiveness with or without Melee's techniques! It will take us many months to unlock all the tactics that separate great players from average players, so I hope everyone doesn't just automatically lose hope because [technique X] did not make the transition flawlessly to Brawl.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I'm glad to see LeeHarris being realistic with the techniques that were removed, and explaining that Brawl will play differently than Melee.

Personally, I'm looking forward to exploring the new Brawl metagame, and enjoying its own competitiveness with or without Melee's techniques! It will take us many months to unlock all the tactics that separate great players from average players, so I hope everyone doesn't just automatically lose hope because [technique X] did not make the transition flawlessly to Brawl.
Well said. I hope other people will follow your example. :)

Lieu

Smash Rookie
japanese voltage is 100V and 50hz east japan, 60hz west japan. Our voltage is 120V 60hz. If you look at your DS charger, it'll say 100-120V or so, followed by 50hz/60hz meaning it works in both countries. The wii on the other hand, is only 120V here, and 100V in japan. So here you have to use something for it to not get damaged from the voltage difference, and that's what i was asking the op
If it doesn't work then the engineers who designed the power module don't deserve that title. It's power regulation circuitry isn't just some simple transformer but semiconducter-based as well. Hell, those MOSFETs can burn pretty hot. You have the quality of the current being drawn to consider since you want to go from AC to the best DC you can manage and you need to be flexible. If the module can't cope with +/- 10% voltage input past the expected variance or can't manage a 10 hz phase shift on input then the tolerances are horrible and it shouldn't have been bundled with your Wii.

Just saying there shouldn't be anything to worry about unless it's a shoddy piece of work.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
Page loaded for me after a few mins, but all the video boxes are blank. Overloaded bandwidth?

IllidR

Smash Champion
I love these videos, they're soo good and are holding me off until Brawl. Keep them coming. And I've been trying to register but having some problems with the code at the bottom, the image is not appearing.

xilez

Smash Apprentice
Lee, all the samus fans still wanna see how the bomb recovery is in Brawl...dont leave us hangin!

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
My question is this:

If a player IS to main Sonic, what do you think he should focus on(besides mastering the speed of course). What are the characters strengths, and how do you think they can be applied competitively.

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
LeeHarris, I uploaded two of your vids on youtube because a couple of people (myself included) are having trouble viewing your page. I realized that I should've asked for your permission before though, so if you're not ok with this, I can remove them.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Down :( Can you repost the write up / vids here? Mitigate some bandwidth.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I would definitely like to request that you guys try out R.O.B Lee. In this video he seems pretty overpowered:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxwxu8zjJ4

That could be taken with a grain of salt though, as it's a FFA with 2 computers, although I'd like to see how he stands against people that aren't dumb like comps.

A few questions.

Any significant changes to Jigglypuff or Mr. Game & Watch?

Do Falco and Wolf's Landmasters have any non-visual difference to Fox's?

What is Luigi's Down B?

Thanks.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
how come when i try to watch the videos they only play for like 7 seconds?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Where are the hi-res videos? Or did you mean the streams?
I saw Sheik use the chain to tether recover =O Chain has a use <3

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Just finished encoding a ROB - Toon Link battle!

I did some stuff to the server to make the congestion a bit better. Sorry about that. I am working hard to get a new VPS SQL server up and running.

ShurikenBW: it's cool as long as you credit Wifiwars! :)

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
Just finished encoding a ROB - Toon Link battle!

I did some stuff to the server to make the congestion a bit better. Sorry about that. I am working hard to get a new VPS SQL server up and running.

ShurikenBW: it's cool as long as you credit Wifiwars! :)
Thanks! :) A link to wifiwars and this thread is included in the description, so no worries there.

Top Bottom