• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok so lemme get this straight, you dont need the newest melee airdodge that was released a couple days ago anymore cause the only point of that code was for compatibility with the hitstun 1.1 code? so if we use hitstun 1.2 we dont have to bother with updating the melee air dodge code?

MuBa

Smash Lord
WindOwl it would be wise of you to update your original post so people won't get further confused as to what hack they should use.

Edit: Heh, look at this post made by Thinkaman

...what? I have a blog on this site with over 40 posts advocating changes to the game. I was involved with the Oblivion modding community and am a strong defender of it's modding tools and a strong critic of it's default leveling and balance system. I own a USB Gecko and spend part of today messing with hexcodes.

Who here has a mindset against "hacking"? Obviously it isn't me.

"This game"? You act like it is a project that a set of people are actively working on. In reality, it's just a circlejerk of people who are obsessed with codes Phantom Wings makes that turn the game into an awkward, broken version of Melee. (And Phantom is a cool, talented guy who has made lots of cool stuff, don't get me wrong.)

Codes that reprogram the airdodge engine or add S-canceling or L-canceling or Z-canceling or X-canceling are fun to mess around with, but absurd to actually approach with a serious mindset. The mere idea that basic, fundamental changes can be thrown into a game randomly and yield obvious and positive results is madness, and ignores the entire game design industry.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You guys are going too combo heavy now. Leave it at this hit stun, anymore and it WILL be 64.
No it wont. Even with the same hit stun length, we have better DI, defense, worse ledge game, more moves (practically all) that dont combo into each because the knockback is too great (programmed that way)

So no, with all of this working against the combo system, i dont feel that an increased hit stun would break the game. Even the current hitstun code is practically useless for comboing atm because the hit stun is not enough. For the most part it makes no difference if they are sent out while air dodging or sent out stunned (with the current hit stun) if I cant reach them in time before they recover. They recover at basically the same spot and I still cant reach them while they are stunned. For the most part remember, there are select few moves that have helped characters combo, but there are not enough moves to affect the game that much atm

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
The mere idea that basic, fundamental changes can be thrown into a game randomly and yield obvious and positive results is madness, and ignores the entire game design industry.
Well, we had a good run, but it turns out everything we've been doing is completely random and oblivious! Oh well! Maybe we should have thought this threw, eh guys? You know, actually make an effort out of it? /sarcasm

What's the deal with that guy, anyway? I mean, he practically contradicted all the hacking credibility he established in the first paragraph in the very next statement. lol

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
You amp up hitstun. Now imagine the end result is that most characters can carry a combo for an extra 30%. But you need to NERF SOME character's moves specifically because they were already using combos before the hitstun code? In effect, removing their version of getting that extra 30%, because they already had it(I think that's right).

If so, also look at nerfing:
Wario's Dair Dair Uair true combo.
Kirby's fthrow->uair->Fthrow->uair etc. combo
Kirby's, Luigi's, Mario's, Pikachu's, Fox's, etc... utilt combos.
There's a lot.

We can not allow these characters to become broken due to hacks.
lol. thats not broke at all. look at smash 64. theres your broken (not really).

M15t3R E

Smash Master
lol. thats not broke at all. look at smash 64. theres your broken (not really).
Lol, yes. For anyone who doesn't believe that Smash 64 was broken, watch Isai vids. He'll show you many combos, some 0-death, that the opponent cannot escape from no matter what they do.

This is not bad, though. It's what we need for Brawl+, except with slightly improved DI capabilities. That would be ideal.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Lol, yes. For anyone who doesn't believe that Smash 64 was broken, watch Isai vids. He'll show you many combos, some 0-death, that the opponent cannot escape from no matter what they do.
Lol yes. i have seen pretty much all of them. he ***** with all the characters does he not?? he sets them up well, he baits them, approaches wel.... i.e. he has great skills. and pretty much every single character in that game had z2d's. if everyone is broken then you have balance. lol. but back to brawl, eten's idea that those few characters will be broken because they can get a few extra percent by combos on people is ridiculous. there is no way that that can make a character broken. unless kirby say, had a z2d that noone in the game had and this combo is pretty much unable to be avoided and escaped etc. then yes, that is broken.

Eten

Smash Ace
Lol yes. i have seen pretty much all of them. he ***** with all the characters does he not?? he sets them up well, he baits them, approaches wel.... i.e. he has great skills. and pretty much every single character in that game had z2d's. if everyone is broken then you have balance. lol. but back to brawl, eten's idea that those few characters will be broken because they can get a few extra percent by combos on people is ridiculous. there is no way that that can make a character broken. unless kirby say, had a z2d that noone in the game had and this combo is pretty much unable to be avoided and escaped etc. then yes, that is broken.
You're exactly right that it is ridiculous. I found the line of reasoning that these things would be a problem to be extra hypocritical and dumb, so I was mocking it(and being subtle about it) to make people realize just exactly what they were saying. My last sentence is particularly biting.

I'm glad that you agree with me.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
we aren't saying it will be broken, we were disagreeing with eten who reckons some chars will be broken. im with you in saying we should wait and see. jeez

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, the characters do not currently have unbelievably awesome Zero to Deaths. But what do exist are genuine combos! It's quite marvelous to be honest. Nothing too crazy, as now most characters appear to have some sort of 40% combo or better on most characters. [Snake is a female dog.]

kupo15

Smash Hero

This is not bad, though. It's what we need for Brawl+, except with slightly improved DI capabilities. That would be ideal.
We already have that. 64 was broken in a sense that the def and DI was bad. If 64 merely added the def that brawl had, it would be much better.

How about you both wait until the code comes out, gets tested, then if Brawl+ becomes broken from it (which I highly doubt) then we don't use it. How's that?
Smart man.

I was playing some matches with a friend and I hardly noticed a difference with the hit stun hack. We really need more stun time.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if it's possible to make a no foot stool jump hack?

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen any videos with hitstun in them yet. I don't know if I would use the codes just because I think brawl should stay the same =/

Smash Rookie
u tourneyfaags just dont get it.
face the facts, wavedashing is a glitch.
your melee 2.0 mod is epic

i advise u to become an hero asap.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice

hahahaha oh wow. 2001 join date and 4 posts. got bored and came back huh? i must say... that pic of yours is incredibly ********. lol.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
123 said:

You're a bit late joining the bandwagon, considering your troll content is from several years ago. Try coming up with something new to troll Smashboards with, or better yet, lrn2troll.

0/10

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
You're a bit late joining the bandwagon, considering your troll content is from several years ago. Try coming up with something new to troll Smashboards with, or better yet, lrn2troll.

0/10
lol. it appears as though hes been away from the internet for a few years. just b4 in another thread i saw him post a link to goatse.cx lol. hhaha. what is up with this guy

Revven

FrankerZ
Ignoring the ***gottry of 123.

Those vids of Fox the last page. Drill infinite? Or am I overreacting?
Well, that was with S-Canceling which I doubt we'll use.

I also plan on having some friends over today to try the hitstun out with L-Canceling and SSBM Air Dodge. I might get some matches up and perhaps I'll get some good results with it. If not, it's likely I might not put up the matches I get. I dunno, we'll just have to see.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well, that was with S-Canceling which I doubt we'll use.

I also plan on having some friends over today to try the hitstun out with L-Canceling and SSBM Air Dodge. I might get some matches up and perhaps I'll get some good results with it. If not, it's likely I might not put up the matches I get. I dunno, we'll just have to see.
Sounds good. :) Are we using L cancel or True (Melee) L-cancel?

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Those vids of Fox the last page. Drill infinite? Or am I overreacting?
Almost, not quite. Currently leafgreen386 has found out that yes at higher percents, Fox can Dair(n^Horizontal8) into an Usmash. At lower percents no. But at higher percents...

Yes, there will be stuff like this in Brawl+. But don't worry, Fox can be ***** with pretty much any character, lol. Even with a few things, he isn't a god. [Yet...jk lol]

Good find Sastopher! I can't believe I didn't think of that, lol.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You guys are going too combo heavy now. Leave it at this hit stun, anymore and it WILL be 64.
We need enough stun so that throws can be effective. Atm, you cant follow up throws unless your character is special. Everyone should be able to follow up after their throw.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Does anybody else not really like higher gravity? It makes you fall fast enough but you don't jump as high (at least not with Sonic's up B). Other than that, great fun

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Question: Is there anyone working on a better dash dance? So far I'm loving the codes and really appreciate all the time put in. Bringing back a good dash dance would be amazing.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Does anybody else not really like higher gravity? It makes you fall fast enough but you don't jump as high (at least not with Sonic's up B). Other than that, great fun
I dont like it. It makes the ends of multi jumpers gain no vertical height.
Demagnetized ledges and dash dance would make everything near perfect.
Yup, I would like to perfect hitstun first.

We need:
More hitstun so you can actually combo throws
Hitstun on twirl hitstun

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
I /finally/ got the codes to work perfectly. Idk if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone wanna wifi me with the codes Wavedash, L cancel, Histun and no tripping on?O:

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
For everyone that's worried about the higher gravity:

Current discussions are taking place regarding such topics. A possible idea to alleviate the vertical problem is to well, make gravity have effect only on horizontal movement. [I forgot who came up with the idea, sorry!]

The idea is to keep the increased game speed without completely ruining the brawl physics. In essence, it will make it harder to recover from the sides, but maintain portions of vertical jumps. Again, be patient, PW only has so much time to create super amazing codes. Not to mention we still have to decide specifics on the direction of codes.

Dun wry, it b k. Soon. :D

GO GATORS!

EDIT:

An even better idea by MuBa: <--[This guy rocks]

To keep the normal jump gravity, but maintain the heavier falling gravity.

Top Bottom