• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Movie

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see an English Fire Emblem movie, it would so be awesome, as long as it's cartoon, you could make it look sick, if any of you know Tales of Symphonia, the cutscenes in that game were superb.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it could work. There's a reason there haven't been any really successful video-game-based movies... From the games I've played, none of the Brawl characters have games with a deep-enough storyline for it to be good to watch.

I mean, Metroid... While it'd be nice to see Samus blasting Space Pirates, with really good special effects and action sequences... There just isn't a deep enough storyline for it to be compelling. Same goes with Zelda, Fire Emblem and all the other popular suggestions this thread has had so far.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Movie would be so effing epic.

Metroid Movie was planned then cancelled, but may be picked up again. I think Ali Larter (Niki from Heroes) would make a great Samus. =D

And as the masses have already mentioned... Legend of Zelda movie. If this isn't done by the time i turn 30, i will assassinate Shigeru Miyamoto.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Metriod and Metal Gear would probably be the only one's that would sell, seeing as they are the only games really directed at older audiences. (Other M being possibly rated M and all). And I'd probably see both.

I don't know if its just that I don't like Zelda, but I don't think a LoZ movie would be that good.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
There is a Nintendo documentary. It used to show on G4's Game Makers.

Media:
LoZ anime based upon the oot Manga. Must be well written, very well animated, and extremely well voiced.

Mario Bros. Comics.

Nintendo X Capcom: Super Smash Battle Deluxe!- Because Cap's already fought everyone except ninten. A smash styled 3d vs. fighting game between cap and ninten ch's.

A Metal Gear Movie w/ an all star cast and director where Kojima is heavily involved with the film making process.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why everyone is against a Zelda movie, the only reason Link doesn't talk is because the Nintendo style is for their characters to not talk, as they are "YOU" and you can't choose what to say. I don't see why it would be disastrous for Link to talk, but you don't need him to in order to make the movie GREAT!

bleyva

Smash Ace
A MR. GAME & WATCH MOVIE:

Jim Carrey plays an erratic yet kid-friendly mad scientist whose obsession with Brawl drives him to create a machine which brings his favorite character (G&W) into our universe, albeit still conducting his life as a 2D figure.

the film will follow the quirky duo's comic misadventures; the script and plot will most likely be awful, but in the end the movie will be saved by the talent of Carrey.

kr3wman

Smash Master
A MR. GAME & WATCH MOVIE:

Jim Carrey plays an erratic yet kid-friendly mad scientist whose obsession with Brawl drives him to create a machine which brings his favorite character (G&W) into our universe, albeit still conducting his life as a 2D figure.

the film will follow the quirky duo's comic misadventures; the script and plot will most likely be awful, but in the end the movie will be saved by the talent of Carrey.
Post of the ****ing day.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, we must work on getting this movie publicly funded and contacting Jim Immediately.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I thought they already were making (or planning to make) a MGS movie starring Christian Bale?
As far as I know, David Hayter wasn't invited for the scenario of the movie, and Hideo Kojima will not be involved completely...or were those just rumours?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
How about a ROB movie :D
lol jk
A Legend of Zelda would be sell great but it will suck.
Metroid? sounds alright
Fire Emblem. . . . . make it as awesome as 300. I wanna see Ike kick Marth into a hole : )
Metal Gear Solid games are already movies
I feel like an F-Zero movie will turn out like The Fast and Furious along with Falcon and Norris fighting to the death :D
What ever movie you make, I'll still see it.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
a Mr. Game & Watch Movie:

Jim Carrey Plays An Erratic Yet Kid-friendly Mad Scientist Whose Obsession With Brawl Drives Him To Create A Machine Which Brings His Favorite Character (g&w) Into Our Universe, Albeit Still Conducting His Life As A 2d Figure.

The Film Will Follow The Quirky Duo's Comic Misadventures; The Script And Plot Will Most Likely Be Awful, But In The End The Movie Will Be Saved By The Talent Of Carrey.

Do Want! Yez

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Why don't they just do a video game crossover epic,

Like where the Worlds of Mario and Kirby collide in which Bowser and Dedede team up and so must Mario and Kirby in order to stop them. I figure these two sereis' ar the mose compatable for this type of thing.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It would be strange since Link or Samus don't talk. If they don't screw it up like Dragon Ball Evolution, then Metal Gear. Legend of Zelda would be cool too.

I would LOL @ an F-Zero movie.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Who would actually want to see Chuck Norris as CF, You gotta go obscure for this role, no one famous, their prestige would ruin his character.

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
metroid prime hunters people!!!!!! that would make a GREAT movie! especially since the other metroids are only samus, she could at least talk with the other hunters. for 1/3 of the movie, she would be ZSS(megan fox of course, but died blonde) then finds the power suit, kills the rest of the hunters, and finally ridley. oh wait, that movie would be ****....

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
metroid prime hunters people!!!!!! that would make a GREAT movie! especially since the other metroids are only samus, she could at least talk with the other hunters. for 1/3 of the movie, she would be ZSS(megan fox of course, but died blonde) then finds the power suit, kills the rest of the hunters, and finally ridley. oh wait, that movie would be ****....
It'd be much better than that Street Fighter movie, though - even though Street Fighter isn't Smash Bros related. Although, if anyone's making a movie based on a video game, it should be Metroid or Zelda, or something of the sort (maybe Final Fantasy or Metal Gear) but not Street Fighter.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a pokemon beggnings, movie, maybe something where at time pokemon didn't exist, or were completely unknown, it began to become more widespread.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Who would actually want to see Chuck Norris as CF, You gotta go obscure for this role, no one famous, their prestige would ruin his character.
that issue would arise with pretty much any of them. i consider each nintendo character to be a sort of sacred entity that must be protected from the corporate **** that hollywood would inevitably embrace. could you imagine some hotshot pretty boy-type actor playing Link? it would ruin Zelda forever......

i really take this stuff to heart; to this day, the image of john liguizamo still haunts my view of luigi.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Zelda would never work, what is wrong with some of you? :confused: There's not a possible way the game could be adapted into a movie without horribly skewing what makes LoZ what it is.

The closest possible movie would be Metroid, but even that is incredibly touchy. The elements of movies are completely absent from these games, so they have to be created.

Chibilicious

Smash Cadet
MGS: Snake MUST BE PLAYED BY CHUCK NORRIS!
F-Zero: would have some isane racing parts, and FALCON PUNCH will be all over the movie!
Fire emblem: Not a bad idea
Zelda: they did an April Fool's joke of it so if they did make one everybody would think of it being a huge Rick Roll.
Metroid: Dye Megan Fox's hair blonde and there you go: AWESOME.
StarFox: Sure. Just make THe characters more badass

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I really would like to see a Star Fox CGI type movie, and then maybe a knockoff about Wolf and his pirating exploits, because not much is known about what he did in between Adventures and Assault.

Don Kirby

Smash Apprentice
There isa Kirby Serial in Japan and a Movie in America!
It´s called Kirby: Right Back at ya!

A question can u see my signature?!

Top Bottom