• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ channel : a nice way to run brawl+ from any support (disc, USB, SD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The thing I want to do is make a autobooting modified GeckoOS 1.9.2 that autodownloads Brawl+, and by holding a button displays a menu where you can select to run Brawl+ from your hard drive, or from SD, or from disc.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
The thing I want to do is make a autobooting modified GeckoOS 1.9.2 that autodownloads Brawl+, and by holding a button displays a menu where you can select to run Brawl+ from your hard drive, or from SD, or from disc.
So its not posssible to play Brawl Plus without the original game or is it? Is The only point to these channels, to play NTSC Codes on a PAL?

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Yes : i'm doing this right now, from USB hard disc !
Does it need system menu 3.2 like you said? I've installed WADS on my menu and it 4.1. So is it just with this WAD that needs 3.2? I kinda want to do something to play Brawl+ from a USB Hard Drive because my disc has been acting up lately. I can't even play as shiek or zelda beacuse it freezes every time I pick them. So is this the only way to play it without the orignal disc in the disc drive? Or at least the only way you know of?

Mister Winter

Smash Rookie
Does it need system menu 3.2 like you said? I've installed WADS on my menu and it 4.1. So is it just with this WAD that needs 3.2? I kinda want to do something to play Brawl+ from a USB Hard Drive because my disc has been acting up lately. I can't even play as shiek or zelda beacuse it freezes every time I pick them. So is this the only way to play it without the orignal disc in the disc drive? Or at least the only way you know of?
As I said previously :
FIRST search on google and gbatemp how to play games from USB on your 4.1 wii and when you have succeeded on it came back here. I just explained how to play brawl+ from USB for people who already know how to use an USB loader.

Plz stop ask about this it's against forum's rules.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
okay well...if i install the wad and everything...if I have the Wii in my disc, do I still need to use the snapshot codes and everything? or if I already have the newest set on my SD card can I just load the channel straight up and just start playing?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
okay well...if i install the wad and everything...if I have the Wii in my disc, do I still need to use the snapshot codes and everything? or if I already have the newest set on my SD card can I just load the channel straight up and just start playing?
No need to use the snapshot codeset for using the channel that use's the brawl disk.

Snapshot code only works for the other channel. (The one were it loads from the SD card/USB card)

V-K

Smash Ace
Hm, NTSC Brawl+ sounds good, but I need a NTSC Brawl on a USB device?

I have a USB Drive but I heard that I have to format it or something to make it run Wii games.
Is that right?

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
As I said previously :
FIRST search on google and gbatemp how to play games from USB on your 4.1 wii and when you have succeeded on it came back here. I just explained how to play brawl+ from USB for people who already know how to use an USB loader.

Plz stop ask about this it's against forum's rules.
Thats still not awnsering my question. Is all I need is to use USB loader and snapshot? If thats true thats all you would've had to say. Well it appears I have no use for this. My question was not how to us USB loader, It was simply is it possible to play brawl+ from a USB hard drive- or device without your method or WAD. I don't need a tut on how to use USB loader.

Mister Winter

Smash Rookie
Thats still not awnsering my question. Is all I need is to use USB loader and snapshot? If thats true thats all you would've had to say. Well it appears I have no use for this. My question was not how to us USB loader, It was simply is it possible to play brawl+ from a USB hard drive- or device without your method or WAD. I don't need a tut on how to use USB loader.
Ok sry. So :
- no you can't play brawl+ from usb without the snapshot hack (this is not my method, it exists before)
- yes you can use the USBLoader you want (if it support the old ocarina), my WADs are just a brawl skined one than can only load brawl and not other games.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm removing this channel that failed to install. I mean, it doesn't save you any steps. Let's see:

I have bootmii. so..

method 1: click wii, go to brawl+ channel, load up.

method 2: click on homebrew, click gecko, load up.

3 steps either way. >.>
Just pointing out, Bootmii has the option to boot directly into HBC. Along with changing Bootmii's settings (through PC or the Bootmii Config app), you can press the power button and boot directly into HBC. In that case, it's two steps:

Click Gecko, load up.

Cero

Smash Lord
So first of all, do the prior requirement "be able tu run regular brawl from one of the 3 supports". We will not help you to install an USBLoader, but you can find help on Gbatemp for example. And when you have succeeded in loading games from USB/SD/Backup DVD, came back here and use the right channel (USB, SD Or Backup DVD)
Thanks for all the help. Now, I just have to get an 8 gig USB...

Just one more question. Does Brawl run faster or slower from a USB? And, will prolonged use hurt the USB in any way?

Mister Winter

Smash Rookie
Will this also work with 3.4e WII system or do i really have to downgrade to 3.2?
[Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup

Edit: is this link againts the rules ?
50% of post on this thread ask for wii modding help ...

Rules:
- MLG does not endorce modding Wiis. MLG owns smashboards, therefore you shall not speak of modding Wiis in anyway on this forum. If you need help with the modding of your Wii, installing Homebrew or the like then please go to www.google.com and get the help you need.
- Linking to hacker sites or hacker tools is against the rules, do not do it.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
"SD Codes Found. Applying"

And it's been stuck that way for a while now... I'll see what I can do about it but I'm guessing at least a few other people have had this happen too.

I can't install it using IOS36, I get "Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)." Installs just fine with IOS249 though. I think that may have been a part of the patched system menu update I used, I'm not sure.

Either way I just tried it all again and it locked up again. :/

EDIT:
Holy crap installing with IOS35 worked.
... but when I go into the channel and it shows gecko it says it's using IOS249. And it locks up when I try to start.

God ****it. There goes my brawling for the night.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
"SD Codes Found. Applying"

And it's been stuck that way for a while now... I'll see what I can do about it but I'm guessing at least a few other people have had this happen too.

I can't install it using IOS36, I get "Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)." Installs just fine with IOS249 though. I think that may have been a part of the patched system menu update I used, I'm not sure.

Either way I just tried it all again and it locked up again. :/

EDIT:
Holy crap installing with IOS35 worked.
... but when I go into the channel and it shows gecko it says it's using IOS249. And it locks up when I try to start.

God ****it. There goes my brawling for the night.
You installed it on IOS35? Isn't that dangerous?

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
Oh god. Dangerous how? Everything looks ok...
Plus I think it was patched in an earlier installation of mine.

I found a patcher for IOS36. Might fix it. Gonna check it out.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I heard you could brick your wii by installing things into ISO's not named 36 and 249.

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
Well that didn't happen to me. The channel didn't work like it was supposed to but the Wii is fine. IOS35 was patched during another install of mine I think.

I used the IOS36 patcher then installed the channel using it. It worked. You can find it here.
(with my luck, the problem was already solved and this was linked to further back in the topic lol)

But once Gecko comes up it still says it's using IOS249... and the game still won't start up. Hangs at "Loading title.."

Fortunately Brawl still works when I start it normally.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This thread needs to be locked, and all of you people who don't know what they are doing need to go to GBAFail and proceed to brick your wiis.

PKNintendo, you have no idea what an IOS even is, everything you have stated is wrong.
SuperKid11, stop installing things while you still have the chance.

This thread breaks SWF rules on discussing homebrew, and goes deep into the realm of softmodding and backup loading. If youre going to post channels that support loading Brawl+ different ways, fine, but DONT SHARE/TECHSUPPORT HOW TO GET SAID WAYS WORKING ON SWF, people are just gonna bricktheir wiis.

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
Oki.
The installation I was talking about was getting ready to use a hard drive with my wii.

Also
No need to use the snapshot codeset for using the channel that use's the brawl disk.

Snapshot code only works for the other channel. (The one were it loads from the SD card/USB card)
... /facepalm. I really should've read the whole thread...

Cero

Smash Lord
Thanks to this thread, I now have a working Brawl+ channel on my Wii that loads Brawl straight from my new 16 gig USB jump drive.

Thanks again, Mister Winter. :)

Another question. When I tried converting the latest nightly build into a .bin file, it didn't work and Brawl wouldn't open it, saying that it was corrupted.
I was using the latest Brawl+ tweaker and I named the .bin file "al_brawlplus5.bin".

But, when I used the one that was provided in the OP, it worked fine. I don't know what I did wrong and why the one in the OP works. Can anyone tell me if I did anything wrong and how I can successfully convert a .gct into a .bin file for the next time a nightly comes?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
would i have to reinstall this if i wanted to use a more updated version of the codeset?

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
Tried to start it up with cheats turned off...
Exception (DSI) occurred!

:x

And Deadx I think all you'd have to do is replace the bin file.

Engo

Smash Ace
Does the DVD Back up channel autoboot Brawl with the ocarina on already or does it just autoboot the launcher?

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried it my self and it's definitely faster. Thanks!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I would absolutely love if this channel auto downloaded nightlies.

I haven't bothered to install this yet, I have no problem installing wads, i've installd many. From reading, I've concluded that the Brawl+ channel is an older version of gecko modified to be a channel and to have a Brawl+ opening. Once in gecko I understand there's no custom Brawl+ image, correct me if I'm wrong.

Dantarion/ Bionic Sonic, I'd love you guys if you figured out a way to take this a step further and make it so that starting the Brawl+ channel autoboots, skipping te gecko menu, auto loading Brawl+. It would be even better if ou could update nightlies and what not right on the fly. This would make Brawl+ amazingly official, to see it on the Wii and have it load like this would be very satisfying!

Is this possible to do? I wish I was capable of doing it myself.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
OMG thnks so much, now i can play brawl+ with a DVD5 backup ^^
a question..
I can put Roy in this brawl+?

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgzgxmmmmy3

This is the GCT for Snapshot hack and File Replacement 3.5.1 (the one that fixes the info.pac), can you put this one on the page instead of the 2.1? cause it really irritated me that i couldn't use music names when i had the 3.2 (My laser is broken now so i cant load the new codes with BP) and now that i made this, i want to spread it to peoples who share the same irritations.

If it doesnt work, please inform me because i might have uploaded the wrong one, but i doubt it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Its possible, I have it done already with Gecko 1.9.2, all I need to do is add usb loading support really.
That's utterly stunning! I'm more excited about this than I am most aspects of Brawl+! This would make Brawl+ appear to be so legit, so official. You and Bionic Sonic (and ofcourse many others) have done so much for Brawl+, making so many programs to make things easier for the community, it's amazing. I can't believe you guys know how to do what you do, it baffles me!

I'm psyched for a potential fancy Brawl+ channel! If those of you who write programs for Brawl+ haven't been mentioned as an important contributing member of Brawl+ in Kupo's stickied code thread you seriously should be!

freezinboi280

Smash Cadet
this is great, cant wait to try this. now if only there was a way to load the codes from a USB instead of a SD card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom