• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ channel : a nice way to run brawl+ from any support (disc, USB, SD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaXiBoY)

Smash Rookie
Giantpune's HBC loader loads Brawl+ straight from the usb hard drive and it doesn't require any sort of WAD installation or modification of the NAND other than those required for the USB Loader to function. The method for loading Brawl+ is not the snapshot hack, but thru Gecko like many have wanted and longed for. Many kudos to him.

Since it's a dol that goes in the HBC it's much safer and easier to install than Mister Winter's method.

I'm not posting this to tell you guys to ditch what he's sharing with us, but for this extra method to be considered in the first post as another alternative. I think it's really worth looking into.

Here's the thread, you're gonna have to read through all of it because it's not summed up in the first post:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187617&view=findpost&p=2353455

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Dunno if it was worth bumping the thread just to mention that (we already have a topic for giantpune's brawl+ updatifier), though yeah, giantpune's method not only got rid of the snapshot method but made it easier and safer to play Brawl+ as well.

I did reply saying IOS36 had to be patched to avoid code dumps though...that worked for both me and GHNeko

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It has a USB loader, but you need the necessary cIOS.

I suggest moving talk of giantpune's updatifier to his thread instead of here, seeing as this thread is about the Brawl+ channel.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway to get this to load from an alternate folder? Similar to Dantarions Brawl mod launcher. I am unable to get his mod launcher working because since it is a base off of gecko 1.9.2 I keep getting the "Error: No DVD Found." I read that 1.9.2 doesn't read back ups? I need this so that I can run Brawl- using the alternate .pacs.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
FFFFFFUUUUUU- I have system menu 3.3 and I can't install wads on my Wii! T_T This would have REALLY helped me save time with starting up the game, especially when testing hacks.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I heard that brawl+ 6.0 only works with version 1.9.1... if you made a version with that gecko, that would be awesome...

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The guy who made the channel hasn't been here since September 2nd.

And with the Brawl+ Updatifier and Neogamma R8, I may close this topic soon because the channel itself is outdated and may soon be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom