• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
@ Ripple: Your situation explains your behavior, but doesn't justify it, if that makes sense. Like, even if you feel negative because life's been a douche, you shouldn't be having random outbursts on SWF outside of social-type threads, no matter how small they are. Idk, projecting negativity is never a good thing.

:059:

outbursts? what are you talking about? do you read what I post?

I stated that I thought the projects were started at a poor time. that is the ONLY thing I said that can possibly taken as negative. I've had no other posts talking about anything else.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I read what you post whenever I come across it and recall only one incident of note, which is the one you're referring to. And although that is basically what you said, it came off a lot ruder than a simple "I think the projects were started at a poor time", I think you can agree with me on that :/

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I read what you post whenever I come across it and recall only one incident of note, which is the one you're referring to. And although that is basically what you said, it came off a lot ruder than a simple "I think the projects were started at a poor time", I think you can agree with me on that :/

well, I can't really check what I said since it was posted like 3-4 days ago. and they are just now kicking me out? no warning either?

I know for a fact I said "I would suggest that you wait until finals are over before doing this"

then what I said something along the lines of I think these projects were started at the worst possible time. at which marc said that its been going on for months or something. which didn't really change my mind

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I am not trolling when I say this and I mean this as legitimate constructive criticism through directing the Smash Lab and being in the process of reorganizing the internal workings of the URC, but maybe the BBR ought to adopt a trial by PM/Thread/Message where person being cut is presented with charges in how they objectively violate a membership code of conduct, the member in question is able to defend their actions or against the charges, and then the judiciary group gives an objective reasoning as to why they are removed if they find removal is still warranted?

We've adopted a similar process in the Smash Lab (although admittedly we haven't needed to use it on members yet). We've had one incident like that for the URC.

It would help eliminate confusion on Ripples part. If they have a system like that in place, then obviously I withdraw the suggestion.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ Ripple: Yeah, idk about the whole no-warning business tbh :x and that's in essence what you said, but you posted that in a discussion that you weren't even part of, and included someone's name as if to take a small jab at them. Re-reading it I honestly do not think you meant it that way, I suppose my memory was exaggerating things a bit, so apologies for that :x but it was still... idk, it just felt really unnecessary, and there was a small addendum at the end that kinda downplayed all of the work that was going into this project. Man, I'm bad with words >_> if you'd like to see the original post I can send it to you, but you're really not missing much.

Also, there is one other incident I remember. When that server switch or whatever happened and some people got accidentally dropped from the BBR just like a week or so after joining, you posted publically about it and seemed pretty salty until things were explained. Kinda similar to how you posted in here once getting removed, except this time seems to be a lot milder. It was one of the first impressions you made on the big names in the BBR I feel, and might've contributed to their percieved image of you. Not that you don't have good reason to ask for explanations, but such things are best handled privately imo.

@ Lux: I think that's a decent idea, no idea if there's such a system atm but imo it's good to actually have both parties try talking things through before taking actions that are a lot less subtle to un-do.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I posted publically because I didn't understand why I got kicked out. I posted "hey guys, just got kicked out of the BBR, don't know why. let's talk about stuff"

and before that I sent PMs to shaya or marc about it asking why I got kicked out.

and I got infracted for it by shaya

illmatic can even tell you that.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear about your current RL situation Ripple. I've personally learned that bringing personal drama onto the boards just ends up hurting more than helping in the end, though. Not sure if what you posted warrants expulsion from the BBR, but perhaps you can make a reasonable appeal to the group and explain your situation calmly.

PM's to the leaders would probably be a better route, rather than here.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I have heard that getting into the BBR is partly because of how much you help the community.

Who judges this and why should I trust them?

Not that I applied, I mean I was going too (in the process of writing one) but I couldn't find a reason that half the criteria existed or anything the BBR had done or was doing that I could help (see: I just couldn't find anything they had done that was useful to me other then very slightly).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I posted publically because I didn't understand why I got kicked out. I posted "hey guys, just got kicked out of the BBR, don't know why. let's talk about stuff"
and before that I sent PMs to shaya or marc about it asking why I got kicked out.

and I got infracted for it by shaya, illmatic can even tell you that.
I can't say whether or not you got infracted by Shaya or if you sent the PMs, but I do remember when you got kicked out because we talked about it via VMs and I feel as though you handled it in a reasonable manner. It was because of the glitch due to the server change and I think a few other members suffered from it too (Yink being one, if I recall correctly).

Why would you get an infraction for just questioning what happened?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
@auspher

this is the BBR update thread right?

I just posted an update from the BBR.

I got kicked out

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

and I got infracted for it by shaya

illmatic can even tell you that.
Wait... you got infracted for PMing to ask about your removal? That's odd... I mean, I definitely trust their judgment overall, but getting infracted over a PM makes very little sense. I honestly can't say any more about that lol, it might've been that you came off in a negative way somehow but I really don't know. If you're referring to getting infracted for your public posts, I can kinda see that actually, although a warning would've probably been more appropriate imo :x

And now Shaya says that never happened. Super confused right now @_@

I have heard that getting into the BBR is partly because of how much you help the community.

Who judges this and why should I trust them?

Not that I applied, I mean I was going too (in the process of writing one) but I couldn't find a reason that half the criteria existed or anything the BBR had done or was doing that I could help (see: I just couldn't find anything they had done that was useful to me other then very slightly).
Good question, I don't really know but the main judges are the review committee I believe. Also, I'd say contribute, since help sounds a bit dramatic, idk maybe that's just me. As far as how they judge it, they look at the threads/posts you've linked in your application, and also ask other current BBR members for their thoughts on applicants based off of what they've seen.

How do you think the BBR could improve in a way where their efforts would be more helpful to you and other members of SWF?

this is the BBR update thread right?

I just posted an update from the BBR.

I got kicked out
I mean, I guess that logically makes sense, but it really just comes off as immature and kinda gives the impression that you're just seeking attention :/

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
not the pm...my bad.

the post

and I am not doing this to just get attention.

I challenge people to ridiculous $mm for attention

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh, aight. Then that idk, might've just been the way it came off, but I still think a warning is better, at least when dealing with well-known members that can take the hint to ease up whatever it is that's upsetting the staff. And I wasn't saying you were, that's just the impression it gives off :/ in general, I feel like most people opt to do things publicly over privately for attention-related reasons, that's all. Sorry if it came off as an accusation, it wasn't meant to.

Tempted to call you out for a $100 MM now lol, but unfortunately I'm not a risk-taker :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's harder for people to bull**** you when you call them out in public.
Unless they're a moderator.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I didn't even know what happened to you Ripple. I saw your post then thought to myself "huh, that's true, it IS finals right now, no wonder panel activity dropped like crazy", to me it was a 100% perfectly reasonable and legitimate post. But oh well, I know not the inner workings of the creme de la creme, if you catch my drift. I wish I could do anything, but there's limits to a BBR member, as you know. :/

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Good question, I don't really know but the main judges are the review committee I believe. Also, I'd say contribute, since help sounds a bit dramatic, idk maybe that's just me. As far as how they judge it, they look at the threads/posts you've linked in your application, and also ask other current BBR members for their thoughts on applicants based off of what they've seen.

How do you think the BBR could improve in a way where their efforts would be more helpful to you and other members of SWF?
I'm just trying to make sure I'll actually have a fair shot at getting in.

I'm known for some pretty not great things, but I keep a lot of things in check.

I'm just not sure that would show from my posts.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Honestly, I think it'd be pretty hard to judge the importance of a lot of small posts, if that's what you're asking :/ maybe if they're all in one area, like a character board or one of the big threads in MDRD, but when it's spread out it's a lot harder to really spot/acknowledge imo.

As far as having a fair shot goes, so far the committee has given some reasoning as to why people weren't admitted, so if you'd really like to know I'd PM one of them and ask because I really don't know how they judged things, but from the looks of it I'm pretty sure they tried to go about the admission process fairly.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Marc, booted Ripple over that one post?

That's not right. We even talked about that and said there were other circumstances that led to it. Marc I may say that not letting people into the BBR is a matter of opinion on what the heads think is qualities we want.

But I do think kicking him as a poor call and all sorts of wrong.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It definitely wasn't over that one post, it was not just my call and I'm also done talking about individual people in a public topic that is for BBR updates. I gave a few people feedback because they so explicitly wanted to move it towards the public domain, but that doesn't mean this is the dirty laundry topic from here on out. If Ripple wants to discuss it further he can talk to the people making the decision (he didn't contact any of us so far), but I'm not going to put him on blast publicly or defend internal decisions against the world.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
my GF broke up with me which blew up my world. there is a reason I've been overly negative recently.
Then I suggest just removing yourself until you get a handle on things, most of the mods are very reasonable tbqh. Sometimes everyone has major issues in their life, they lose something precious to them or maybe go through a difficult period and hardships. I don't really have a public opinion on you getting booted but I do think that in the future taking a bit of time off would be better.

This is true in "real life" off of SWF as well.

I didn't receive a reply pm....
nor did I give you an infraction.
LMAO

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm getting it from his post, obviously. There's nothing else I can get it from. :applejack:

D

Deleted member

But...his drunk posts are all full of typos and are cute.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I think it's great that this sort of thing is being discussed in public.

Transparency should always be the norm, not the exception. Keeping any sort of debate hidden is usually done with a very crappy motive.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
okay the full reason why I was kicked out was because people in the BBR were complaining about how I post plus some other things

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Definitely not helping, Ripple.
Just chill, look things through. Whining/complaining/venting/whatever you're doing right now isn't really helping the situation. Maybe hit up a private discussion with the heads of the BBR or something. :applejack:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hard to take advice from a group that did something to ya but I'll agree w/ Espy's suggestion thar

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't understand how how anyone in this thread (save a few people) are really "whining".
They are just stating what happened and trying to find a solution to their problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Who said anyone was whining?
Seriously, stop trying to antagonize. :applejack:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wasn't complaining or whining that time. I was telling you what marc told me.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Top Bottom