• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

Cassio

Smash Master
Delux Im pretty sure youre interpreting the standards to fit your argument, the only interpretation that matters are the reviewers. A more likely explanation, and from what I can see, is that the standards either a) arent clear enough or b)were misinterpreted by the applicants.

Its very common for anyone that's felt theyve been wronged to automatically assume the person or thing they were wronged by is being illogical, especially when their reaction comes soon after theyve been wronged. But everyone involved in the decision has given a rational explanation. Honestly it probably wouldve been best had everyone that was denied and had an issue to either privately appeal or waited a few days before pointing fingers at the reviewers, the process, or the BBR itself. Coming to the conclusion that the opposite party(ies) is being illogical should always be the last judgement, not the first.

Chair quite honestly there was no need to grandstand and criticize others if you were confident in what you said.

MRM wtf are you doing. Your pointless criticisims/attacks dont deserve to be here and deserve the world's biggest facepalm.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Delux Im pretty sure youre interpreting the standards to fit your argument, the only interpretation that matters are the reviewers. A more likely explanation, and from what I can see, is that the standards either a) arent clear enough or b)were misinterpreted by the applicants.

Its very common for anyone that's felt theyve been wronged to automatically assume the person or thing they were wronged by is being illogical, especially when their reaction comes soon after theyve been wronged. But everyone involved in the decision has given a rational explanation. Honestly it probably wouldve been best had everyone that was denied and had an issue to either privately appeal or waited a few days before pointing fingers at the reviewers, the process, or the BBR itself. Coming to the conclusion that the opposite party(ies) is being illogical should always be the last judgement, not the first.

Chair quite honestly there was no need to grandstand and criticize others if you were confident in what you said.

MRM wtf are you doing. Your pointless criticisims/attacks dont deserve to be here and deserve the world's biggest facepalm.
not sure if trolling or lack of reading comprehension.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't get why illmatic and p1 don't understand that all they have to do is not get infractions till the next app period to help them get in...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't get why illmatic and p1 don't understand that all they have to do is not get infractions till the next app period to help them get in...
You really should learn to read before you post.

z00ted

You haven't realized it's not only about us?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It seems like beating a dead horse at this point...you've given your criticisms and your worries they've been recognized and acknowledged and you've even been told how to correct your personal situation.

To be more on topic...If you're going to use the job application analogy then you could very well relate that to the infraction problem...all jobs ask on resumes if you have been indited, been to jail, or done any illegal substances in the last x amount of time. So shouldn't that be a pre-app notification in the OP? Or a question?

Then again it could simply be common knowledge...just like how people who have been to jail know that is on their record and they will now have a much harder time getting accepted simply due to mistakes of the past.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

Its very common for anyone that's felt theyve been wronged to automatically assume the person or thing they were wronged by is being illogical, especially when their reaction comes soon after theyve been wronged. But everyone involved in the decision has given a rational explanation. Honestly it probably wouldve been best had everyone that was denied and had an issue to either privately appeal or waited a few days before pointing fingers at the reviewers, the process, or the BBR itself. Coming to the conclusion that the opposite party(ies) is being illogical should always be the last judgement, not the first
Fair enough, I'll withhold any more logic based judgments on my part until more time passes. Although I would reiterate, I would make the argument that my dissent is more so based off of the applications of others. I've already said that based on objective standards, my post has been mentioned as to why I was not admitted. I've sent in a private appeal as an explanation as to why it wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect, although I acknowledge how it can be seen as such.

It's hard for me to sit idle while candidates more qualified than myself (Player-1, Illmatic, MegaRobMan, Lord Chair, Etc.) are marginalized just for the sake of advancing my own appeal especially when most of them have already spoken favorably on my behalf.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Illi,
if from today onwards you did not receive an infraction, in 6 months time I would go
'wow, he has strived to become a lot more mature, he does have a huge infraction history, but it's no longer a consistent pattern of behaviour'.

Brolaf, in a nutshell, you weren't accepted primarily because we worry about how you can often go out of your way to be antagonistic. You were on the cusp of acceptance.

P1, in a nutshell, beyond your infraction history, which is ultimately not too problematic, you're personified as immature in your day to day interactions on smashboards. I've had similar opinions of multiple people who have eventually gotten into the BBR because I can contrast their improvement (hell, 3 years ago people were kids, some of those kids are now adults, the differences are often quite vast). You have a strong resume and you were on the cusp of acceptance.

People have a tendency to want game the infraction system in place on smashboards. I would consider that, in of itself, an extremely immature state of mind. And it's very easy to spot said people, usually within their last 5-10 posts. "Oh, I'm only 3 points today, I can flame this guy and then not be an idiot for 2 weeks and I'll be fine". We don't want people like that in the BBR. Ideally, someone in the brawl back room would be close to a respectable candidate for moderation.

z00ted

It seems like beating a dead horse at this point...you've given your criticisms and your worries they've been recognized and acknowledged and you've even been told how to correct your personal situation.
I stopped talking about it a few pages ago.

To be more on topic...If you're going to use the job application analogy then you could very well relate that to the infraction problem...all jobs ask on resumes if you have been indited, been to jail, or done any illegal substances in the last x amount of time. So shouldn't that be a pre-app notification in the OP? Or a question?
We've already covered this.... you sure you read those pages?
I wasn't hurting anyone when trying to figure out how BBR handles admissions.

I don't even see how any of this concerns you.... at all.

Illi,
if from today onwards you did not receive an infraction, in 6 months time I would go
'wow, he has strived to become a lot more mature, he does have a huge infraction history, but it's no longer a consistent pattern of behaviour'.
Ok.

Player-1

Smash Legend
P1, in a nutshell, beyond your infraction history, which is ultimately not too problematic, you're personified as immature in your day to day interactions on smashboards. I've had similar opinions of multiple people who have eventually gotten into the BBR because I can contrast their improvement (hell, 3 years ago people were kids, some of those kids are now adults, the differences are often quite vast). You have a strong resume and you were on the cusp of acceptance.

People have a tendency to want game the infraction system in place on smashboards. I would consider that, in of itself, an extremely immature state of mind. And it's very easy to spot said people, usually within their last 5-10 posts. "Oh, I'm only 3 points today, I can flame this guy and then not be an idiot for 2 weeks and I'll be fine". We don't want people like that in the BBR. Ideally, someone in the brawl back room would be close to a respectable candidate for moderation.
Actually, my state of mind isn't "Hey I have 5 infractions, can't troll anymore for 2 weeks oh well". It's more like "Hey, I have 5 infractions, damn I can't troll or I'll be hanned, better stop."

Not that it matters anymore, but just wanted to clear that misconception up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DeLux quit being silly. Being a thesaurus isn't necessary for BBR membership. :p :applejack:

@P1: Those two states of mind sound pretty much the same.

DeLux

I actually speak like that in person, no thesaurus necessary. Ask Stealth Raptor who is lurking lol

z00ted

Actually, my state of mind isn't "Hey I have 5 infractions, can't troll anymore for 2 weeks oh well". It's more like "Hey, I have 5 infractions, damn I can't troll or I'll be hanned, better stop."
That's exactly what they DON'T want, because they are practically the same thing.

Player-1

Smash Legend
One is "Man, I better cheat the system, can't wait to get back to trolling"

the other is "Hey, I better watch myself here and be more careful about getting them"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I bet Verm and Lux would probably get off to each other if they ever met. :applejack:
P1: Doesn't really seem to fit that particular example, but I get what you're saying.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
One is "Man, I better cheat the system, can't wait to get back to trolling"

the other is "Hey, I better watch myself here and be more careful about getting them"
The root of the two is 'I don't consider whether or not my behaviour on smashboards is inappropriate or not and if it isn't, I still post it'. What I 'quoted' was an example and I consider the two you listed as the same.

DeLux

We met at Pound 5. We actually didn't say too much because I was mortified that I was going to lose to Ganon using Ice Climbers. And it was 4am.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll best you with Ganon at 4am in the morning.
You going to APEX, actually? Need to beat some sense into these ICs who think they hard counter Sonic. :applejack:

DeLux

I am going to Apex, and Sonic is my 5th most hated matchup.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
We met at Pound 5. We actually didn't say too much because I was mortified that I was going to lose to Ganon using Ice Climbers. And it was 4am.
I don't know if this was meant to be funny or not
But god
Oh my god
I ****ing died

DeLux

What do the Ice Climbers stand for in your opinion?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't portray it on the internet. My hate blanks out my vision and I can't type/write because of it. :applejack:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just got kicked out of the BBR for being a "questionable representative" and my negative attitude as of recent.

z00ted

Are you serious? LMAO

And Espy/DeLux, this isn't a social - I will hand out infractions.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I said "I'm not going to be around much longer/forever so I would suggest getting another dk main back here"

is that any reason to kick me out?

my GF broke up with me which blew up my world. there is a reason I've been overly negative recently.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Are you serious? LMAO

And Espy/DeLux, this isn't a social - I will hand out infractions.
But really, it isn't a social. I don't mod this place (thank god lol), but really, can we try to keep the posts on-topic? The discussion was going pretty well imo, a lot more civil overall than things tend to be around these parts.

@ Ripple: Your situation explains your behavior, but doesn't justify it, if that makes sense. Like, even if you feel negative because life's been a douche, you shouldn't be having random outbursts on SWF outside of social-type threads, no matter how small they are. Idk, projecting negativity is never a good thing.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
MRM, posting random one-liners in a BBR-monitored thread may not be the best way to go about increasing your chances of getting in next round, just sayin'.
Also, Team Ishley~!~

:059:

Top Bottom