• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, just camp more neutral B then, lol. Ness is mad good. Also, use more trick DI down. I have no doubt of your skill Zac, be assured in this. I can only comment on the videos you show me and critique that.

Also, I think you can Shield DI Ness's Fair. Shield DI is MANDATORY TO MASTER IN THIS GAME.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i didnt say "them" in my post once, broski. and there was a tourney in nj with a pikachu winning on may 15th
the you guys statement. Sorry, I was tired when i was typing haha.

iirc ness and yoshi got nerfed a bit in 1.5 don't take me on it though

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I had no idea what Baroque and Megacrash were either, so I did a little searching. Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2dxpwmfGo

Wiki: There is also the multifunctional partner button that can be used to tag in a teammate, provide partner assistance in attacking, or activate the "Baroque Combo" technique in tandem with an attack button....The "Baroque Combo" technique is when a character colorfully glows while sacrificing the red portion of the their life. Activating it cancels the current attack animation, allowing the player to extend combos and deal more damage relative to the amount of red life that is sacrificed.[21] When players are caught in a lengthy combo, they can "Mega Crash" to knock-back opponents with a temporary barrier around themselves at the cost of two stocks of levels and a part of their life gauge.

So it sounds to me like a combo extender and a combo breaker? Dunno, never played the game...

NNID
Budget_Player
I had no idea what Baroque and Megacrash were either, so I did a little searching. Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2dxpwmfGo

Wiki: There is also the multifunctional partner button that can be used to tag in a teammate, provide partner assistance in attacking, or activate the "Baroque Combo" technique in tandem with an attack button....The "Baroque Combo" technique is when a character colorfully glows while sacrificing the red portion of the their life. Activating it cancels the current attack animation, allowing the player to extend combos and deal more damage relative to the amount of red life that is sacrificed.[21] When players are caught in a lengthy combo, they can "Mega Crash" to knock-back opponents with a temporary barrier around themselves at the cost of two stocks of levels and a part of their life gauge.

So it sounds to me like a combo extender and a combo breaker? Dunno, never played the game...
Baroque = instant IASA while on the offensive; basically moving yourself back into a neutral state with all your options (with a price).
Mega Crash = combo breaker that knocks your opponent away and gets you out of hitstun.

Revven

FrankerZ

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm interested in seeing 1.5, and testing out the new systems, but I'm very fond of this version. Even the shield stun is starting to grow on me, since I'm learning how to Shield DI (and I can carry that skill into regular Brawl). I'd like to increase the buffering a little.

OH! Also, there is something I keep forgetting to ask. With the modified CSS, you cannot change the difficulty on 1 player modes. You might imagine I'm quite eager to play in 1 player modes with minus characters, but playing on Normal is STUPID. This is what the intense difficulty was designed for! I'd really hope to be able to play on Intense with minus characters eventually.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Here comes the hype train...

And there we go, 1.5 is now available. Check the OP and the following post for more details!

I would also like to say, that I have officially taken over as leader of the Brawl Minus project. The transfer of leadership was mutual between all, and we will continue to develop Brawl Minus with the team as normal.

With that said...

Happy Minus-ing!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Just letting you guys know that I don't have very much work tomorrow. I'll probably be streaming the new build for quite awhile. And now that the wifi issue has been fixed, I can also wifi many others using the new pack.

(I'm the main Pit- dev, for those of you who don't read the readme. ;-;)

SofaKingdom

Smash Rookie
omg i play B- at my friends house and I love the balancing. falco and shiek are my brawl mains and i love how they are even better in B-. shiek is so sexy with lagless needles and invisibility (idk why some people dont like the invis, it is great) and falco is jizztastic with SH double nair and spiking reflector. i love how metaknight has no big changes but he still *****. great game i want to get it for myself.

oh yeah rob for top tier.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Having trouble getting PAL Brawl- to work, can anyone who already has set theirs up on PAL please zip me a file I can just throw into the root of my SD card.
I managed to seemingly get it working (judging by the purple background on the mian screen) but whenever I try to go to the character select screen it crashes even though I've removed common3, can anyone help me with this problem?

maathimself

Smash Cadet
I am in love with the new Charizard. I was only playing against comps but steath rock is rapetastic. I can't wait to try it on friends tomorrow.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
A "disabled custom stages version" available for download would be AMAZING. I lot of my friends don't have hacked Wiis. When I go over to play Mario Party Brawl Minus, we have to go download the stage hack, boot Brawl Minus, take out the SD card, renamed the file, put back in... every time we play.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Awesome. 1.5 is out. Though why I never asked this question, I now wonder...

Nerf Ness fair and give him 64 down air please.

NNID
Budget_Player
Has the disable custom stages code. You no longer need to do anything after loading with stack smash.

EDIT: @Hobobloke: PAL release is kinda... well, ****ed. Just take the .pacs from this one and the old PAL GCT, that's unfortunately the best I can do :(

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Love the little tweaks made to Ganon and Falcon.Snake's side-B looks and feels right too.Pikmin are ******** lol.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You don't need to remove the character select anymore.

EDIT: AND HERE'S AN IDEA.

JUMP ON FSMASH.ORG and join the BRAWL- channel!!! Then we can play <3

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
My dad just finished making an app that can easily replace all the files for Brawl Minus or any other codeset on your sd card. It works on Mac and Windows. :)

Here is a screenshot of the app.

Select your sd card from the right and choose the folder on your computer that has the Brawl- files. Choose your region, either NTSC-U, NTSC-J, or PAL. Then click Start Copying and let it do the work for you. ;) If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for this, please let me know.

Downloads
Mac: http://ioj.com/v/wy5qc
Windows: http://ioj.com/v/3gsqw

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Cool app, I'd use it if I was still stuck w/ my 512 MB SD card, although it may come in handy should I decide to use Gecko OS since my replacement card is an SDHC card...

Edit: Since PT is able to play as an individual pokemon, why not see if you can use the B+ layout for the CSS? I'm pretty sure it's just a couple of codes, and it will allow to choose the pokemon of your choice along w/ ZSS/Sheik.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem with replays.They wont save.When i save them it says "replay saved",but when i go to see it,its not on the list.Wtf mang? and btw that has been happening to me BEFORE the update.WHY?!

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I am using the Stack Smash method to play Brawl-, and for some reason it freezes VERY often on the stage select screen, unless I pick a stage very quickly. Help pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom