• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
WARNING: IDIOTICALLY REPEATED QUESTION BELOW:

Hey, um, how exactly do I use it after I download it? >.<

CriticalDesign

Smash Rookie
So I installed Brawl- a while back. Had a lot of fun, but some stuff didn't apply.

Solid Snake is just the same as he was in Brawl, but with the global physics changes. Sure, he's just as good as the rest of the characters, but broken is more fun. How many characters could I be missing out on if I noticed that snake didn't have his changes applied? (eg 3 missiles instead of one, etc.)

Also, how does the USB loader work? I have a friend who may be interested.

Finally, how do I modify main menus? EG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmEKMYK2eQs

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We can't help you with USB Loaders, only getting Brawl- to work on them.

Count, make sure there isn't a Gecko OS folder in the Gecko OS folder lol, if that makes sense

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Count, make sure there isn't a Gecko OS folder in the Gecko OS folder lol, if that makes sense
Oh, yep that's there. Deleting the first Gecko OS folder (That leads to the second with everything in it) and gonna see if it works now.

EDIT: Didn't work, but upon further inspection there seems to be a Gecko1931 folder within a HBC folder within a Gecko1931 folder which was in a THIRD Gecko1931 folder. Any thoughts? X_X

Bleck

Smash Master
It should look like this;

X:/apps/GeckoOS/boot.dol

X:/codes/RSBE01.gct

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what needs to happen is find the folder with boot.dol in it. that should be inside a gecko1931 (the third one, i think) and then THAT one is the one that goes in apps. so it should look like this

SD:/apps/gecko1931/boot.dol

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I'll try that. Also, I read a basic F.A.Q. and it said that the cause of the "SD Codes: Applying" freeze screen might be because of a faulty code. Here is the code package I got at Smashmods:

http://pastebin.com/wtLyh6tJ

Is there anything wrong with it?

EDIT:

Is the boot.dol supposed to be a boot.elf?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'll try that. Also, I read a basic F.A.Q. and it said that the cause of the "SD Codes: Applying" freeze screen might be because of a faulty code. Here is the code package I got at Smashmods:

http://pastebin.com/wtLyh6tJ

Is there anything wrong with it?

EDIT:

Is the boot.dol supposed to be a boot.elf?
yes. boot.elf, my bad.

if its from the package, your fine. just replace the one you have from the package again to make sure.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Didn't work.

This is what the package looks like:

X:/Gecko1931/docs
X:/Gecko1931/Gecko1931/DOL/main.dol
X:/Gecko1931/Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/boot.elf
X:/Gecko1931/Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/icon.png
X:/Gecko1931/Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/meta

Ignoring all the txt files since they don't actually do anything for the program.

I gotta go to bed. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help since this is really annoying and I really want to play Brawl-Minus. Thanks for your time. :) Gnight.

EDIT:

Am I supposed to download the Pit patch to make Brawl- work? I've been thinking it's optional but now I think I might have just screwed myself over. >.<

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
take the gecko1931 folder that is INSIDE of the HBC folder and put it into your apps folder. the pit patch isnt necessary, but it obciously makes the game better. it works without it.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
take the gecko1931 folder that is INSIDE of the HBC folder and put it into your apps folder. the pit patch isnt necessary, but it obciously makes the game better. it works without it.
Okay saw this so obviously I had to stay up longer. I tried and Gecko OS works! But it says I have too many lines....wat. I have a gameconfig.txt in the root of the SD card...what gives?

Code:
RSB01
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that one is beyond my level of knowledge. check again in the morning.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry I am such an idiot. I actually named the file "gameconfig.txt"......yes i put the ".txt" IN THE FILE NAME INSTEAD OF NAMING A ".txt" FILE "gameconfig". IT WORKS PERFECTLY THANK YOU BSL, TheSilenceOfNoOne, AND Bleck FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
You should change the name to Lucario Minus, cause no one can search for XYZ- on Youtube. The - means to take that word out of your search D:

CriticalDesign

Smash Rookie
Erm, so I was just wondering why when I installed Brawl-, most characters were updated, but snake does not do things such as shoot multiple rockets, etc.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean multiple as in the regular side smash doing 3 or the line of explosions? If it's the line, then you have to tilt his side smash up or down. If it's the first one, I'd say redownload it, as you may be missing a PAC.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
1. Go to Home Run Derby
2. Pick two Ganondorf's and use Warlock Punch at the same time
3. ???
4. Profit!

CriticalDesign

Smash Rookie
Do you mean multiple as in the regular side smash doing 3 or the line of explosions? If it's the line, then you have to tilt his side smash up or down. If it's the first one, I'd say redownload it, as you may be missing a PAC.
I tried, for some reason it didn't work, it's really odd. Is it possible to install it separately?

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
for some reason it won't download. when i click "start download" i get "site cant display webpage."

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I dont suppose anyone would want to wifi with me in this (yes I know wifi fails, I hate it to, but I need more opponents and experience....Im certainly not gonna play vBrawl)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
What is Fsmash? I know this isnt the place to ask, but I didnt know a place where I COULD find people existed....its like an AIB sorta place or something?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It's an online chatroom type thing I guess. Yes. You sign up, go into the room of your choice (BBrawl, B+, B-, vB), and ask if anyone wants to play.

Fsmash.Org

humble

Smash Ace
So I downloaded B- yesterday and thought I should give some feedback...

Bowser is underpowered. Yes, he has heavy armor at all times, but it was easy to make that work against him. For example, I was R.O.B, and it was easy to lock him in place with lasers- while the none charged ones had no knockback, there was so much hitstun he had trouble doing anything. He gets really owned by characters like Zelda, C. Falcon, Ganon, Samus, etc.

Zelda is a bit overpowered. Her lightning kick is simply too good, as you can yank your opponent around with the hitboxes and they can't do much- they shield, they have huge shieldstun and cannot punish. They dodge, they can't punish. Its really unpunishable, powerful, and spammable. I linked 6 lightning kicks together on an opponent to his death, simply because huge hitstun+ predictable trajectory that leads into itself=**** lightning kick spams. Zelda has a great recovery as well. Her nair has IASA frames throughout the move, meaning if it lands its time for another lightning kick!

Sheik is a bit underpowered. Her invisibility doesn't help with the player tag floating above your head, is there a way to change it so that isn't visible while she is invisible? Really, it makes invisibility a moot point since they know where you are anyway.

Samus is a bit overpowered. Her missles are just way too spammable. She runs away, and switches between charge shot, missles, and zair to deter approaches. Her ranged game is just a bit too good, tone down the ice missiles effect mostly, perhaps enlarge how much she can charge the charge shot for a cool GFX change.

Pit is a bit underpowered. His normal moves feel the same as does his physics in general, and while I love his slow arrows, I feel that extra arrow buffs, angels ring wind, and cancelable up-B are all well and good, but his normal moves and physics need more of a change. Maybe make him fall faster?

Overall I'm a huge fan and I just started playing, but I'm excited to keep doing so.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Humble shares my experience with those characters. Except for Samus, I find that she lacks practicality and her only "broken" aspects become useless when they are overcome, and since ALL of her "broken" aspects are long range, anyone who can approach through this area can really lay the hurt on her quite easily. I agree with toning down her ranged options a bit, but give her close-up game at least some sort of continuity- U-smash and fair are near useless yet.

Samus should be a slightly simpler Link at long range, and a floatier Link with more practical, less powerful melee moves at close range. The two characters have always had many similarities.

Also I'm pretty sure I said Pit should have a faster fast fall even before any development went into him.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Bowser is underpowered. Yes, he has heavy armor at all times, but it was easy to make that work against him. For example, I was R.O.B, and it was easy to lock him in place with lasers- while the none charged ones had no knockback, there was so much hitstun he had trouble doing anything.
With the massive endlag on that move, what is ROB going to do to avoid a fsmash to the face?

He gets really owned by characters like Zelda
.....................what

Zelda is a bit overpowered. Her lightning kick is simply too good, as you can yank your opponent around with the hitboxes and they can't do much- they shield, they have huge shieldstun and cannot punish. They dodge, they can't punish.
Airdodges don't have shieldstun. Just sayin'.

Its really unpunishable, powerful, and spammable. I linked 6 lightning kicks together on an opponent to his death, simply because huge hitstun+ predictable trajectory that leads into itself=**** lightning kick spams.
Huge SDI and good DI makes lightning kicks really bad.

Zelda has a great recovery as well. Her nair has IASA frames throughout the move, meaning if it lands its time for another lightning kick!
Yeah, if you have superhuman spacing

Sheik is a bit underpowered. Her invisibility doesn't help with the player tag floating above your head, is there a way to change it so that isn't visible while she is invisible? Really, it makes invisibility a moot point since they know where you are anyway.
If you were completely invisible, there would be two big problems.

1: How would you know where you were
2: How would your opponent know where you were (stalling)

Samus is a bit overpowered. Her missles are just way too spammable. She runs away, and switches between charge shot, missles, and zair to deter approaches.
What's stopping you from airdodging or spotdodging or rolling through them

Her ranged game is just a bit too good, tone down the ice missiles effect mostly, perhaps enlarge how much she can charge the charge shot for a cool GFX change.
Charge shot is already way bigger..

Pit is a bit underpowered. His normal moves feel the same as does his physics in general, and while I love his slow arrows, I feel that extra arrow buffs, angels ring wind, and cancelable up-B are all well and good, but his normal moves and physics need more of a change. Maybe make him fall faster?
lol what why. wait for the new build.

NNID
Budget_Player
So I downloaded B- yesterday and thought I should give some feedback...

Bowser is underpowered. Yes, he has heavy armor at all times, but it was easy to make that work against him. For example, I was R.O.B, and it was easy to lock him in place with lasers- while the none charged ones had no knockback, there was so much hitstun he had trouble doing anything. He gets really owned by characters like Zelda, C. Falcon, Ganon, Samus, etc.
He gets wrecked by CF and Ganon really, REALLY hard. This is pretty clear. Knee->knee->knee->knee (or just **** with ganon). However, it's very hard to call a character underpowered when he shuts down really dangerous chars like Ness, Pika, Fox, Sheik, Falco, and many others almost completely (it's rather disgusting). He's very polar, that doesn't make him too weak. Next time a friend of yours whips out a fox, counterpick bowser and you WIN.

Zelda is a bit overpowered. Her lightning kick is simply too good, as you can yank your opponent around with the hitboxes and they can't do much- they shield, they have huge shieldstun and cannot punish. They dodge, they can't punish. Its really unpunishable, powerful, and spammable. I linked 6 lightning kicks together on an opponent to his death, simply because huge hitstun+ predictable trajectory that leads into itself=**** lightning kick spams. Zelda has a great recovery as well. Her nair has IASA frames throughout the move, meaning if it lands its time for another lightning kick!
lrn2space+airdodge

Needs more mindgames. The trick is that while invisible, you can move like nobody's business and the opponent does not know what you're doing. ;) He may expect an ftilt or something, and eat an fsmash to the face.

Samus is a bit overpowered. Her missles are just way too spammable. She runs away, and switches between charge shot, missles, and zair to deter approaches. Her ranged game is just a bit too good, tone down the ice missiles effect mostly, perhaps enlarge how much she can charge the charge shot for a cool GFX change.
Ice Missiles <<<<<<<<<< Normal Missiles. For srs. Those may need to be toned down just a little bit...

Not really...

Overall I'm a huge fan and I just started playing, but I'm excited to keep doing so.
Glad to hear it. :)

Bleck

Smash Master
Regardless of how ridiculous a post may appear to you, it might actually be of use if you elaborate your disagreements.
I don't really think I need to elaborate on why I think that somebody saying the character who is semi-invincible to about 3/4 of the attacks in the game is hilarious.

Basically everything else BPC and TSON said.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Btw, Ness is broken in Brawl Minus.

Remember last time I had a Brawl Minus tourney and all those Fsmash happy warios wrecked everybody? Yeah same thing happened this time with Ness... except worse. I got 4 stocked, as did others, multiple times.

This time I got some vids. Will be up soon.

Ness is ********. I spend hours (like 50+) practicing and he shows up, picks his main, and wrecks everyone. It was fun and sad at the same time ><

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Just played this at a smashfest, we were all amazed by it. Brilliant work, the most fun brawl has ever been.

Do want PAL code for it.

Also is there a changelist for all characters somewhere? Sorry if I'm being a tard and not looking properly but I only saw the unfinished one in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom