• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
^The Pit bug was a little different.

I've tought my scrubby friends to play to win, and they DID abuse that **** lol. That was a problem with the game, not the players.
the abuse was a problem with the players. its possible to know the glitch is there and not use it.

Bleck

Smash Master
the abuse was a problem with the players. its possible to know the glitch is there and not use it.
This, basically. I still haven't patched the glitch, and nobody I play with abuses it. We have this thing where we care more about having fun than winning.

forward

Smash Champion
Brawl - is about fun?

or

Brawl - is about being broken?

I think, but correct me if I'm wrong, that it's about be broken. If pit was broken then the creators have succeeded.

IMO, put him up to metaknight. In (do people use the term vBrawl to talk about nintendo's brawl that is in MLG?) regular brawl, metaknight is broken. If pit can now beat him, or get close to beating him, then congrats.

Now make someone better than pit to be broken. The game continues to grow.

It sounds rather productive imo. Anyone agree?

Bleck

Smash Master
Brawl - is about fun?

or

Brawl - is about being broken?
There is no reason to separate the two. The point to any custom codeset was to change the game because people were dissatisfied with the original. The goal in any of these sets is to fix the problems that make the game not fun, i.e Brawl- is trying to make the game fun again by breaking it.

Now make someone better than pit to be broken. The game continues to grow.
Make 2 better than 1, 3 better than 2, 4 better than 3, etc?

So then we have an incremental ladder tier; similar to vBrawl, except Meta Knight is at the bottom. That's not really productive at all.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i wouldnt even say that dissatisfaction keeps this alive... im a fan of vB, and i like B- just as much. agreed with the reverse tier deal. just make everyone slightly above MK's caliber, then raise MK to the standard.

i was reading a discussion on balancing somewhere, i think in a P:M thread. some people want 50/50, some want an almost balanced game, but the thing i would rather have the most is an RPS style balancing. each character has its own good match-ups, bad match-ups, and even match-ups. in vBrawl, we have characters like MK who only have one even match-up and its a ditto, and then others like ganon, who are on the other side of it with no positive match-ups. and i mean, who doesnt like rock paper scissors? lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
So then we have an incremental ladder tier; similar to vBrawl, except Meta Knight is at the bottom. That's not really productive at all.
Eh. I'd say it's more like using vBrawl Meta Knight as a baseline for what we should attempt to strive for. It's not like we're not going to buff Meta Knight too

I think every character having anywhere from 4:6 or 6:4 or 5:5 match up ratios with all characters is reasonable.

If any character typically has a 7:3 or 3:7 match up, or worse, the job isn't being done right, and needs to be corrected.

Bleck

Smash Master
Eh. I'd say it's more like using vBrawl Meta Knight as a baseline for what we should attempt to strive for. It's not like we're not going to buff Meta Knight too
If you don't buff Meta Knight, make a character better than him, and then a character better than that character and so on, you end up with an incremental tier. I don't know how I can explain this any more clearly.

Also yeah, MK has already been buffed and I'm not sure why he shouldn't be.

clowsui

Smash Legend
honestly we need some NJ brawl- vids. CA too since they're into it...top level Brawl players, playing to win at this game. if there are other regions whose top level players are playing to win at this game whose videos we can evaluate, then them too!

that way we can evaluate the game at the higher level that forward desires and that i'm sure you guys desire too. even if the things he says are blatantly wrong then it'll be even easier to prove it through these videos right?

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Does anybody here know how I can play this when I'm using USB loader? I thought about going and just replacing the Brawl ISO I have with B- files where needed, but that would take too long.

Anybody got any better ideas?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A lot of USB loaders support ocarina codes. If yours doesn't, try a new one. If it DOES but you get a black screen when you try, you'll need the double gct, since the B- gct is more than 256 lines.

I don't know exactly how to do it though, sorry.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Does anybody here know how I can play this when I'm using USB loader? I thought about going and just replacing the Brawl ISO I have with B- files where needed, but that would take too long.

Anybody got any better ideas?
I use Neogamma for my dvd copies of games. It lets me load codes. I think there is a neogamma for usb too

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Oh, I forgot to mention for anyone else who gives advice that I CANNOT use my disc drive. It's broken, which is why I use USB loader to play games.

And thanks to you two, I'll look into that, Sinz.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
okay, so I followed the guide here ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10385988 ), hoping it would work still even though I'm using rev 17, and, as expected, it didn't work and said "too many codes." If I install rev 19, could I possibly have to redownload some WADs and other files that I don't even remember that I had to download to get my USB loader to load games correctly with it? I'd really hate to mess up what I already have. It was a ***** for someone as code/technical talk-unfriendly as myself to get the USB loader to load games the first time.

Or, as Neogamma suggests, do you think removing textures alone might be enough to be able to load B - ?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Just put neogamma 19 on your SD, and if it doesn't work, give up on it. Too many codes means you went over the 256 limit. I'll look for the double gct method for you. If I had to guess, texture removing wouldn't do anything, since the amount of textures you have doesn't change the number of codes. Purely speculation, though.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447
try that on for size.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Did what it said. Put the codes into a new .gct, exported, and had another one in pf of the original B- gct I downloaded. Freezes on "Starting Game..." but it looks like it read the codes.

Also, what's the "file replacement" code he's talking about in that thread?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The codes it gives you should be alone in /codes. B- should be in pf. File replacement is the code that replaces all of the .pac files and such. It's really long.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
That's what I did. Both are named "RSBE01.gct"

Do I need the file replacement codes, or do I somehow already have them possibly?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
File replacement is already in the B- gct. Tson, you need the game config even with double GCT? My bad.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I have gameconfig.txt with these codes in it already (in the SD root):

Code:
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Don't tell me I forgot something eeeeeeeeeee

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Like, you guys are all giving me **** for pointing out that Brawl minus still needs a lot of work. Why is this so hard for you guys to accept? When a person comes in here with criticism and concern for the game you reply with sarcasm and accuse them of trolling? Show some maturity guys, honestly. I really never thought my ideas were so radical that NO ONE would understand any of my concerns to the SLIGHTEST extent. I think the game needs bigger hit boxes, and NO ONE can understand this at all? Do you guys know what it means to have a bigger hit box?

Anyways, I'll break down a more recent video (probably from Sinz channel) of where I think there are problems with Brawl minus, and then I'll compare it to Melee and try to show how Brawl minus is not as broken as you all think.
I totally agree with you

Tier gaps are kinds getting stupid too. Some people are still not too great and others are just :O

Let me start by saying I've never had more fun playing brawl than playing b -, but with some work it will be amazing.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Why would you even need the double GCT method anymore? Pretty much any USB loader can support over 256 lines of code. If there's a problem, it isn't that.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Apparently eisen's doesn't support more than 256....
It'd probably be easier to get him/her a different one then. Apparently, you guys are having problems with Neogamma. Configurable USB Loader works for me. Does USB Loader GX work?

Edit: How do we even know eisen has an updated version of Neogamma? Nowhere does he say what version he has.

Neogamma: http://gbatemp.net/t158884-neogamma-thread
Get R8.

Configurable USB Loader: http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader

Bleck

Smash Master
Personally? I install the Brawl+ HBC launcher package, and then just replace all relevant files with the Brawl- ones. Works like a charm for me.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
To the whole tier gap/gameplay mechanics/trolling things that have seem to of been going (I think, wasnt paying a terrible amount of attention), half of you need to remember this is only the Beta, and Minus can only go up, especially with good data that is constantly being brought up by all of us (well, most of it is good, though I dont think we need to constantly hear how "broken" Bowser is XD). The other half shouldnt worry if criticism is looked down upon, its important to remember we're all getting different experiences atm, so its hard for a general consensus, once side events and such become more prominent, a more general line of opinions will likely come up, giving better input on whos really broken, who isnt (besides a couple of obvious things) among other things.

Keep up the great work guys, looking forward to...umm...would it be called an Alpha....Omega...v.1.....w/e is next after a Beta

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Eisen said he didn't want to set up a new USB loader because of all the IOS installations that he had to do. But yea. I think he should just get a new one.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Eisen said he didn't want to set up a new USB loader because of all the IOS installations that he had to do. But yea. I think he should just get a new one.
Don't all USB Loaders use IOS 249? He shouldn't have to install a new IOS if he's already using Neogamma. I switched from Neogamma to Configurable USB Loader without having to install a cIOS.

Although, I like Bleck's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom