• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brand New Icies Chain Grabs! + an Extra Vid

smaci92

Smash Lord
for the 2nd vid, I knew them all except for the end clip thingy...the 1st vid is EPIC (although, I should test it tomorrow)!!!!!!! :bee: nice vids :) thanks. come main IC's again...you're too cool lulz

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
for the 2nd vid, I knew them all except for the end clip thingy...the 1st vid is EPIC (although, I should test it tomorrow)!!!!!!! :bee: nice vids :) thanks. come main IC's again...you're too cool lulz
Thanks hahaha, they're one of my secondaries. I was reunited with them when I made these vids lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GIMR you're going to find all my CG's before I release them >_<.

Your second video can be done to any weight character pretty easily. Just dthrow to fthrow(really easy CG on everyone pretty much) then Bthrow to footstool. Like you said the timing is really easy when nana is positioned behind popo like that. It's actually my favorite chaingrab haha. People at the last tournament I went to were freaking out because I did it to a sonic player 3 stocks in a row 0-death without messing up XD.

Sadly, I lost to that sonic player in tournament because I couldn't grab him >_< LOL.

Good stuff though. I can't really make videos like you so good stuff :p. If I PM you CG's will you make videos for them? :).

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR you're going to find all my CG's before I release them >_<.

Your second video can be done to any weight character pretty easily. Just dthrow to fthrow(really easy CG on everyone pretty much) then Bthrow to footstool. Like you said the timing is really easy when nana is positioned behind popo like that. It's actually my favorite chaingrab haha. People at the last tournament I went to were freaking out because I did it to a sonic player 3 stocks in a row 0-death without messing up XD.

Sadly, I lost to that sonic player in tournament because I couldn't grab him >_< LOL.

Good stuff though. I can't really make videos like you so good stuff :p. If I PM you CG's will you make videos for them? :).
possibly, lol. I start school monday but I'll see what I can do.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
*stares blankly at computer screen*

You're amazing.
The damage output in the footstool>fair is ridiculous, and the other ones just look cool.

:dizzy: :ohwell: :) :bee: :laugh:

Kage Me

Smash Ace
This might sound extremely nooby, but (in reference to the first video)...

What's buffering, and can this be done with the control stick?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Buffering is inputting a command before it actually happens. Yes you can buffer a with the control stick? (I think).

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
This might sound extremely nooby, but (in reference to the first video)...

What's buffering, and can this be done with the control stick?
Buffering is just inputting a command before your character is able to execute it (while they're still doing something else).
This allows you to execute a command on the soonest possible frame.
It can be done with any command, including the control stick.

Edit: I'm slow >_>

smaci92

Smash Lord
Good stuff though. I can't really make videos like you so good stuff :p. If I PM you CG's will you make videos for them? .
I wouldn't mind making videos for you Hylian...I make videos for 3 people on here. :) just let me know if you want me to make you a video...And, if you want, I'll even send you a download link for the video (on sendspace or filefront), and you can put it up on your own youtube account (if you don't, I'll just put it on my own youtube account). I do that for FrozenPopo...

CrayZ

Smash Rookie
that back throw one is just freaking sexy. lol may pick up IC's again.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I just tried them for like 2 minutes and I kept accidentally buffering a fsmash with Popo. :confused:
I don't think my brain can recall all the different inputs that fast lol.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
The meteor smash should be able to be smash DI'd. Same with the D-Air one. The footstool to the attacks should be guarunteed. This is based on what I saw on the vids. I can't test it :(.

Would smash DI'ing the attacks make it possible for the opponent to escape?

Also, I think the grab release thing at the second vid can be done to Jigglypuff too. She doesn't fly far horizantally when grab released.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I can do both b-throw and f-throw footstools to fair now... but I can't seem to do the d-air one. Eh, this is the most annoying CG I've done, so I'm sticking to altgrabbing. This just made me and my hands tired from doing it.. especially doing a lot of button mashing to footstool.

:'( The f-throw footstool is flashy though.. but still, it's so annoying to pull off.

lain

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure smash di can get someone out of this. They can go behind you or too far to regrab in front, just like if you try to just normally fair them into the ground.

sadness. :(

meepxzero

Smash Master
yah i was sad when peaches just smash died outta cgs in melee. They just have EVERY advantage against ice climbers in melee -__-, finally got our revenge in brawl.

K 2

Smash Lord
Wow, that's really sweet. I always love CG's involving footstooling...lolz

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW, for the D-air one, you have to shield so Popo grabs when Nana D-airs instead of doing a D-tilt.

Oh, yeah, to people saying these might be DI-able. I think Popo's grab comes out before the F-Air hits. I'm not sure if this changes anything though. And I'm pretty sure big characters like Snake can't escape from it. At high percent small characters may be able to escape.

Also, it can be done with N-air too, the timing is just extremely tough

Barge

All I want is a custom title
So how exactly do you do the fthrow footstool?
If I can get that down well I can figure this out =/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This is mad sexy, but so hard. x___x;

I think I'ma have to stick with my current chaingrabs, but I like to learn everything so I won't give up yet.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
So how exactly do you do the fthrow footstool?
If I can get that down well I can figure this out =/
F-throw with Popo -> go forward with Nana and tap jump button multiple times and she should footstool your opponent -> stop holding the forward button -> f-air -> grab quickly.

If you hold the forward button and then f-air, she do a higher jump forward and do an f-air.

Top Bottom