• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soran

Smash Ace
I see Mega Man games so you are doing more important things than Brawl.
Action Replay MMZ3 all ex skills aquired! CHEAH! : D
this was why I started playing the game. to get all the EX skills.
Now that I action replayed it, I can enjoy teh game! xDDD
it's too hard to do all the things I need to do so... AR ftw!

I don't see Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Maximum Doom, or Doom 3 in there.
) :, sorry >.<
Doom 3 scares the ball z outta me.

I don't see StarFox 64 or pkmn in that list son.
dunno, don't care....

naah! lolz I played SF64 waaay too much as a child. like, I destroyed that game.
medal on every stage, can you say?

favorite level: Katina. who beats Bill? Nobody! bill2pro

resTy

Smash Champion
Melee should be $5. $10 would imply that it's somewhat serious, which it won't be. Plus, with a $5 entry we might get more entrants.

Soran

Smash Ace
^o^

haha, well you see. the only reason I wanted to play MMZ3 was to pretty much get ultimate mode or som'n like that.

or I just wanted all the EX skills. and yeah. I suck at mega man. pretty much downright terrible at life if life were mega man.

I need Zero 4.

I wish I got a free DSL and the MMZ collection. I'd pay for that. just not the DSL.

I'll keep that in mind Mr. Doom : P

--->
<---

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
eh, I haven't even played MMZ4 so I can't really talk, did play the hell out of the other 3.

Jayford, are you coming to this? If so, you, me and Yink's dad need to have that Mega Man 3 speed run.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
eh, I haven't even played MMZ4 so I can't really talk, did play the hell out of the other 3.

Jayford, are you coming to this? If so, you, me and Yink's dad need to have that Mega Man 3 speed run.
Lmao. You would want to challenge my dad!

Chloe~ i'll try my best even though tis unlikely I will be here...
Okay, just yeah try your best :D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll be here. I'm gonna have to start training lol.
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao. You would want to challenge my dad!
You said that your dad could beat the game without dying, that means he's a legit threat and should participate.

Soran

Smash Ace
Mega Man isn't really about speed and time completion as much as teh X series rite o.O?

I have.............. <.< ][ >.> Mega Man Network Transmission for GC and find it more relaxing than MMZ *flame shield activate*

I haven't played much of Mega Man but I think NT is suppose to be similar. similar.

MMZ series is just my favorite though. All the mythos and stuff add up and you don't really need the previous MM games to tell teh story. So I look at MMZ as it's own thing.
this is just because I never played X.

MM games I played

MMXtreme, MMX5, 7, 8, MMZ, 2, 3, MMNT.

and that doesn't mean I beat them either. I only beat MMZ2... >.>
MMX/Z games are not relaxing to me at all. I feel rushed because I feel like I have to go super fast andnot get hit at all. it's a terrible experience for me.
but since I Action Replayed MMZ3, I just enjoy my EX skills : D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hype for Mega Man 3!
I have no idea what I'm talking about
Mega Man is more about speed than X in my opinion. See, Mega Man X is about discovering new areas and heart tanks, energy tanks, body parts, secret bosses, etc...Now, you can speed run the X series, and probably has more variables involved to determine the formula for perfection. Ya know, is it worth it to get that energy tank so I can stand on the ground and just attack against that certain boss and not care about getting damage. Or getting the air-dash in the later games. Weapons aren't really very important in this game until the sigma stages, Mega Buster is usually the best option, so beating a boss isn't very important.

Mega Man is all about reaction time and running as fast as you can without really stopping, much like the classic Ninja Gaiden games. Figuring out which boss to beat first is really the more important thing with them because in X you may want to start by getting an upgrade or several of them in some parts, but in Mega Man you only get weapons or Rush upgrades, except for Mega Man 1 with the Mag beam and MM2 with item upgrades, or MM3 where the Rush Jet is god-tier, above Metal Blades, and in Mega Man 4 with the balloon and Wire, and Mega Man 5 with the Super Arrow, but you get that by beating Starman, I think. You want to get the best item first (except for Mega Man 2, you need flashman and quickman before metal man), or find the boss that takes the most damage from buster and what level you can beat the fastest without the aid of the weapons (Splash Woman, though Mega Destructor 9, the best Mega Man 9 player in the world, beats Tornado Man first). Mega Man 7 specifically is a pile of garbage, but 8 is only slightly good.

Mega Man Zero is not meant to be relaxing. If you want relaxing, go buy some firewood, a rocking chair, and a cat, and learn to knit. NT and all the battlenetwork games are a disgrace to the Mega Man franchise. Yes, more than the Legends series, at least they were trying!!!!

Get Mega Man 9/X collection. They will change your life.

Soran

Smash Ace
wow, thanks ¬_¬

I'm just saying, since X(at least zero games) grades you on performance and time completion, speed is more important.

but w/e I'm not even into Mega man that much other than Zero. hmmmmmmmm... a Forte game would be awesome IMO. maybe.... I just like that Mega Man Exe movie.
I don't think I saw it, but I know Bass is in it.

117th post! cheah

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
whats earthbound? never heard of it. all i know is ness and lucas are from it. this is the first smash game i played.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
a Forte game would be awesome IMO.
I was wrong. Get Mega Man 10 and download the Bass mode for 2 dollars more.

Is actually correct!
Xenogears would change his life (but play it twice so you get it!), you my good man are right.

whats earthbound? never heard of it. all i know is ness and lucas are from it. this is the first smash game i played.
Mother is the series, Earthbound is the SNES sequel that has Ness in it. I recommend it almost as much as Mega Man (1-6,9/10, X-X5, Z1-4) and Xenogears. Earthbound is a top 15 game of all time, IMO.

Also, this tournament is in like 2 months, if you want hype go to HDremix's thread.

Edit: Totally nnjad

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Read the post below mine. But...Ness is from EarthBound and Lucas is from MOTHER 3 (Japan only, the ****s).

Get a SNES emulator and play it. Now.

It's great game.
I pretty much love you now.

EDIT: ninja'd..

Soran

Smash Ace
yeah, my cousin has Earthbound.
I wuz liek, I'M 'A PLAY THIS SHIZ!

o.o.... wait, it's a jrpg....... *back to Halo*
lolz.
well, I'm just not into turn-based games. Star Ocean: 'til the End of Time is great IMO.
I haven't beaten it. long story but I got stuck and restarted and the game dragged on after I thought it should've ended. I could go back anytime. but I got bored.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Some dude started talking about Mega Man, then non-sense about Mega Man, and I can't help myself. At least I'm not talking about anything relevant to brawl yet.

Earthbound is hilarious yet subtle, something rare in video games and I don't really think of it as a JRPG in all honesty, it's too un-formulaic outside of the fact it is kind of a parody of JRPGs as a whole. Earthbound is one of the few games that talking to all the towns folk is worth while.

Xenogears is just a mindmelting experience ESPECIALLY if you don't have a basic understanding of psychological/theological themes...but it plays like a JRPG with Mech's and battles come every like 2 seconds in some dungeons and if you don't use a guide some the puzzles are difficult (make sure and listen to the music the entire time as a puzzle or two are sound based and the score is awesome).

Soran

Smash Ace
maybe I have to find this Xenogears........

is it a series? would the first game be hard to find o.O?

is it as deep as say... MGS?

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
maybe I have to find this Xenogears........

is it a series? would the first game be hard to find o.O?

is it as deep as say... MGS?
its one of the rarest games in existence. if you find it on ebay, it will probably go from 30-50 bucks.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Xenogears is the 5th story of a fictional 6 part series. Kinda like how Star Wars starts at act 4. XenoSAGA 1-3 have a good story, but the game play is just zZzZz. (I haven't played part 3).

Xenogears >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xenosaga.

Soran

Smash Ace
ohhhhhhhhh, yeah. Xenosaga.. stuff...

well I probably won't play it xPPP

I'll look up an LP or som'n of Xenogears.
gameplay for that is O.o.o.O.O.o.O.o.O.O.O.O.o.O.O.o`'`'`'` ?

or is it also ZzzZzzZzz ?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Soran

Smash Ace
FFVIII is probably the only turn-based game I got into.
It was really fun for me. I liked the interactiveness in the attacks.
it wasn't liek, choose the attack and watch.
well, okay.... I got into Pokemon Stadium. I actually enjoyed that game.
But I don't really count that game.

But FFVIII. I just liked how you could crit with R1 and it was more time than turn-based.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I heard that was a tournament coming up, I forgot because we weretalking about dumb **** in the thread

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Xenogears is the closest number to infinity times better than Saga. If you hate RPG's you might get bored, but if you can make it past the first 30 minutes the story will make you love it. Hyuga Citan is the best character in video game history, BTW.

The script for disc 1

The script for disc 2

Supplemental reading that I recommend, especially if you don't know what "Perfect Works" is and you love xenogears.
Just play the game and READ Perfect Works, its fully scanslated somewhere on the internet.

The game is extremely intricate for an RPG, but what got to me was the genuine ability to relate to the character development. No other game has made me feel the same way Xenogears has, and its my favorite RPG because of that.

As an RPG it can be tedious, full of backtracking, and the 2nd disc is full of budget cuts. As a game though, it had more then impressed me with things I was not expecting to find. Very memorable experience.

I heard that was a tournament coming up, I forgot because we weretalking about dumb **** in the thread
You've obviously never lurked an IA/NE Tournament thread.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It is getting kinda spammy though. >_>

Can we kinda talk about smash related things at least guys?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anyone interested in doing MMs at this event? :3
I'll MM you in Pikmin 2. I've seen you play that game bro, I'm already sizing you upppp. Your aim is atrocious son lets do this.

We'll play the GC original so no wiimote johnz.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom