• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I use it very rarely near the ledge when an opponent is trying to get back onstage since the newly buffed knockback angle helps a bit more.

I also use it after the opponent trips from Fortress, if I read that they're just gonna stay in place (I go for a running Klaw if I read they're gonna roll away).

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Running pparry d-smash looks pretty promising, it will slide into the opponent, so it's like a fortress except you can OS it with dash grabs. The new angle helps too.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I also use it after the opponent trips from Fortress, if I read that they're just gonna stay in place (I go for a running Klaw if I read they're gonna roll away).
^

I usually use charged Dsmash if I predict the roll towards. Otherwise I do a running Bowser Bomb if I predict the roll back. Of course it depends on when they trip during the Fortress as well.

Other then that, I never use it. That's not to say I'm not looking for ways though.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Also yesterday I was playing a little mac on hyrule temple(non omega), i managed to land a dropkick, he got launched, then a tornado spawns and he gets thrown up and lives

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Okeydokey, Bowser now has 4 reps on the Most Notable Players thread. Le Troof, Ash23, and Zork (SoCal Bowser who never posts) were all added for Degree 3 for beating multiple players in Degree 2. One more Bowser, and we'll have a full set of 5!

Not many characters have 5 reps in a single nation. This could be great in getting out more knowledge about our character. He's absolutely not low tier, but sadly a LOT of people somehow think that--just look at the *CRINGE* SWF Community tier list.

The more Bowsers out there kicking butt and taking big names, the more people realize the character's potential. Let's do this, fellas!

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hey i just picked up bowser 2 days ago. Definitely a fun character. Satisfying as Hell to win with! ^-^

I ravaged FG and did some ladder and did well. Did maybe 20 matches. Lost 6. eh?eh? xD

But yeah if anyone knows any good guides or videos to help me pick up some things i may be mssing, send them my way.^^

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
I have one for you! Sir Mixx took a set off fatality with just his Bowser! That qualifies him for degree 2

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I have one for you! Sir Mixx took a set off fatality with just his Bowser! That qualifies him for degree 2
Can you hook me up with a Challonge bracket? As long as it's a large enough tournament or it's considered a stacked local, he should be added. :)

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He's absolutely not low tier, but sadly a LOT of people somehow think that--just look at the *CRINGE* SWF Community tier list.
It's a community tier list, there's your problem.

Voted by people with little to no knowledge and sometimes bias.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll see if that one qualifies, Sean.

It's a community tier list, there's your problem.

Voted by people with little to no knowledge and sometimes bias.
What I'm saying here is that the general knowledge about Bowser is just plain wrong. The more it's made public knowledge that Bowsers are beating talented players AND placing high, the more that knowledge will change for the better.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I like the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon thing they're going for there.

Based on the criteria, three of North Carolina's Top 10 players should be on that list for defeating Degree 2-4 players at Super Smash Con. Stingers (currently our #4) would also have a claim for his performance at Final Round, but that was over three months ago.

The only notable player (besides the NC players I've mentioned) on that list I've had the opportunity to fight against in a tournament is Nairo, and he took me down. Looks like I'll have to travel more, heh.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's a very shoddy way of determining notable players to be honest, it basically forces regions to use the rankings on Smashboards. We have two good Australian players on there right now but one of them is very inconsistent and has lost to probably everyone under the sun, the other one would probably be the best player in Australia if he played a high tech skill top tier character (like Sheik or Rosalini!) but instead he played... Mac. He's playing Ryu now though so let's see how that goes.

My region has two players that are probably better than both of them, but we don't use Smashboards's Rankings because no one here uses Smashboards, so they get ignored because of it.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Anybody that mains Mac is a champ. Riskiest character in the game, but in the right hands, you can take on the top tiers. Just as long as they don't add Mr. Sandman. I'm still stuck on him for the NES game.

The notable players thread does have it's barriers for entry. In SoCal, local tournaments usually have under 50 entrants, while that constitutes a regional for smaller regions. And if you don't live in that region, you couldn't make a judgement call on how impressive the tournament is. And if no notable players are in your region to begin with that's another hurdle. Oh well. The project is supposed to be for fun and may help with seeding as well.

Kinda cool to see some of the guys I used to know as high as degree 2. Makes me want to get good enough to challenge them for their seat.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
I'll never sleep on Mac, or anyone for that matter. I don't play Jiggs.
*badam tshhh*

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It's a shame, but I really can't blame him. Although to be quite honest, aside from Sheik being a flat-out better character, they are really different. I wonder how his Bowser fundamentals will transfer over.

Also, I was invited to join team PAG (Play All Gaming - team has players like Glitch, Crazy Joe & LionHeart for the SF4 heads out there). And tomorrow is my last day of work, and I'm starting my senior year of college. That means that I'll be ****ting myself about grad school in 2 months. That's where my life is right now LOL

I've literally been in school since I joined SmashBoards.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, I only have this last year and my Ph.D ahead of me now. When I joined I was still in high school lmao

Last edited:

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
This is so sad, I wish I was good enough at editing to make an ash23 montage I have so much content!

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Can we go back to President Obama endorsing Bowser?
Obama is old news. If we could just get an endorsement from President Trump.

"When Bowser mains travel to nationals, they're not sending their best. They're sending people who have lots of problems. And they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Top Bottom