• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
So after a lot of thinking, ive decided to switch to shei- no, ive decided to change to Bowsers second pallete because it has orange hair so i can since its one of my school color, also zard seems to be able to chaingrab Bowser with dthrow nair, although this was against a Bowser who didnt know how to DI which is probably a lot of it

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pallet Swap Tier List v1.0

S Tier: Pink Hair, Original, Super Saiyan
A Tier: TMNT, Morton, Red
B Tier: Golbat, the ugly ash coloured bowser

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Ok, so, i just got dissed (in a friendly way obviously) by BotanicSage with my crap Mario (i don't really use him, i only picked him up for a few fights against Sage as a joke because he stumped my Peach and "Mario" was going to rescue the princess). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nqo3Q40GA

I gotta admit tho, it was funny, but part of me wants to improve my Mario now as a bit of a redemption of pride in a sense. : P

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
BotanicSage has some excellent mashups. But I giggled when I saw his pristine Jab to Dodge roll backward.

My palette of choice for Bowser is pink hair. He is Link to the Past Bowser.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ spiderfreak1011 spiderfreak1011 Aha, it was you.

"Your buddy needs to DThrow -> UAir more. He also needs to punish with UTilt or USmash more. There's also a severe lack of DAir shield pressure on his part. Can't play sloppy against a good Mario..."

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
@ spiderfreak1011 spiderfreak1011 Aha, it was you.

"Your buddy needs to DThrow -> UAir more. He also needs to punish with UTilt or USmash more. There's also a severe lack of DAir shield pressure on his part. Can't play sloppy against a good Mario..."
Lol, i saw that, i'll definitely keep that in mind.

TBH, the only reason i played as Mario and not Peach or Bowser as i would've preferred, is because we had a joke on stream. See, i fought Sage with my Peach, and he won in a similar manner to the way he defeated my Mario in the video (he otok off one stock and then 2 stocked me by Bowser ciding the second one), and everyone was like "Peach got captured again, Mario's gotta go through another 8 worlds". So, i decided to tell BS i challenged his Bowser with my Mario, and i went on FG to fight 8 diff. people (and get 8 wins no matter how long it took) with Mario only, and about an hour later i challenge Sage again. And then he procedded to kick my ass, lol. : P Now i got my pride to redeem next stream.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Second local, went 3-2 again, placed 32nd out of about 60. I did pretty well in most of my sets, but my shield game was off in my last game and I ended up getting eliminated by a pretty good Villager. It was fun though, and I had harder opponents in more of my sets than I did previously, so I feel pretty good about the results, I can definitely tell that I'm improving.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi. Can someone help me learn the Bowser MU through wii u wifi? People in/near the USA get the best connections. There's this person who has a really good Bowser but only plays one game then leaves :glare:. I can't even get used to the lag in 1 game. I can never get the spacing right and he's the only Bowser I play. It's very annoying. I keep reverting back to the Brawl Bowser MU which doesn't work out, lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
came 7th/125 this past weekend at my state's monthly which is good i guess but i feel should have gotten higher but i lost to a wario who straight outplayed me with wheelie because apparently thats a kill move notice me bowser senpai frands

also have a major across the country this weekend, looking to hopefully place in T O P 5 B O Y Z, maybe even win some cash, would be nice :^}

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Been having trouble getting to any tournaments lately. There's hardly any in my area and every time there is one, I have to watch my sister or I already have something planned. Moving day for college is right around the corner, and apparently Smash Bros is huge there, so I'll actually be able to do things.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have an extremely important data topic to post later, I bet all of you are just DYING to see it. I think it will be incredibly helpful to everyone.

Hi. Can someone help me learn the Bowser MU through wii u wifi? People in/near the USA get the best connections. There's this person who has a really good Bowser but only plays one game then leaves :glare:. I can't even get used to the lag in 1 game. I can never get the spacing right and he's the only Bowser I play. It's very annoying. I keep reverting back to the Brawl Bowser MU which doesn't work out, lol.

Thanks.
If you're playing Link, just keep spewing projectiles at him. I'm sure it will work if you do it enough.

also have a major across the country this weekend, looking to hopefully place in T O P 5 B O Y Z, maybe even win some cash, would be nice :^}
It's not outside the realm of possibility, there's literally only 3 players you'll have competition with and they are Earl, Jei (then again he lost to Xettman so he's basically tr4sh...................) and Dean if he decides to actually try.

Probably the most free major tournament in Australia's history; but then again, maybe Perth will surprise me and have some players who actually place top 8.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So regarding tough guy, it seems to proc when Bowser has taken UNDER 19 units of knockback.

/randomtrivia

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Giga Bowser's frame data looks very verrrrry similar to Brawl Bowser's, even the lingering Klaw frame data.

lol copy pasta

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Religious needle camping presents some obvious issues for Bowser, but you can throw that playstyle back at them by never being baited by it. Instead choosing to stand your ground a safe distance away with your finger hovering over the shield button. If you're playing on Battlefield or any stage with platforms, simply going up and down those also lets you avoid possible trajectories for needles, which forces the shiek to reposition. However, Battlefields small size already provokes an aggressive playstyle as all forms of camping are unsafe or ineffectual there. And her aggressive options are better just by the virtue of being amazingly safe. I like fighting shieks on Battlefield, but there isn't much advantage to this choice and I wonder whether lylat cruise or Town and City are better picks for averting needles while also getting amazingly early kills by landing Flying Slam onto a platform.

Coming back to the question, I find myself preferring the needle camp playstyle because it makes my stage picks feel like they matter. Rather than the philosophy of "just take her anywhere that isn't Smashville".

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Neat thing. Fire shot does not usually stop projectiles but it does reflect a Gordo on hit.

And our fireballs also can't be stopped outside of a reflect.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
D

Deleted member 189823

Hey gais, Bowser report!

Made 7th/8th out of 72 in a tournament yesterday. I feel I should be at least mildly dissapointed for how awful I did against Megaman and Greninja. Didn't understand a thing about those...things, lawl. Anyhow, it's funny how I made Top 8/5 going all-Bowser (as opposed yo SD'ing and losing to generics going ZSS...). I feel I could've made at least Top 5 this time around.

Oh well, I'll murder those obscure MUs next time. :awesome:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Yo, idk if this will be helpful to you guys but I came across something interesting. If you incorporate foxtrot dancing or dash dancing into your game along with pivot grabs it makes you a lot more scary in the neutral. Landing will become nearly impossible for your opponent.

Top Bottom