• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How gold would it have been for Bowser to strike those epic poses from the RPG's as taunts, with that marvelous laughter.

Wasted opportunity.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
How gold would it have been for Bowser to strike those epic poses from the RPG's as taunts, with that marvelous laughter.

Wasted opportunity.
Totally, I was really hoping they'd change his down and side taunts at least. The Bowser of Smash 4 is designed aesthetically around the one you played as in Bowser's Inside Story, where he had this great, kingly-yet-brutish personality. So, many slashes and shell slam moves were turned into punches and dropkicks. But his taunts still reflect the old Bowser, who was just a vicious, hulking monster character. I'd love if he had a taunt involving him laughing, or that sweet Project M taunt where he punches his fists together twice before roaring, and each action makes the screen shake a bit. Look at what he has now. A taunt where he nearly falls over (unlikely with his improved posture in Smash 4) and a taunt where he bites repeatedly in the air, spraying gross koopa spit everywhere.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I think the Smash 4 Bowser would look at lot more elegant if it only had the red for the hair and the rest of the body was just the usual solid dark color.

That simulates how silhouette levels handled the silhouettes in DKCR, since each silhouette was only 2 colors. Even Cranky and Dixie.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think the Smash 4 Bowser would look at lot more elegant if it only had the red for the hair and the rest of the body was just the usual solid dark color.

That simulates how silhouette levels handled the silhouettes in DKCR, since each silhouette was only 2 colors. Even Cranky and Dixie.
I know, I took it a little farther with most characters. Also keep in mind that the smash renders were the first ones I did too so the quality on them might not be quite as good

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
While its probably really late for this, Im AnteNOPE, i started maining Bowser about 2 weeks after i got the game because some random person on FG Bowsercided me and i wanted to it also, im currently in middle school and for some reason i only use his blue color

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Also i was wondering if anyone in this forum would be interested im Bowser dittos, I've mained Bowser sice about week 2 and want to see how my Bowser does against the Bowsers on here as well as get some tips on what i can do better

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Koopas are baptized by being dipped in fire. And then piercing their shells with tons of spikes.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Also i was wondering if anyone in this forum would be interested im Bowser dittos, I've mained Bowser sice about week 2 and want to see how my Bowser does against the Bowsers on here as well as get some tips on what i can do better
I'll play you later tonight or whenever. Just add my NNID. Bowser dittos won't really teach you anything because those are still extremely awkward (even in this game), but your decision making in general I should be able to figure out and give you tips on.

Last edited:

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Koopas are baptized by being dipped in fire. And then piercing their shells with tons of spikes.
Dipped? I thought they were stuffed in shells and kicked in fire, with the survivors getting red shells and the weak ones becoming dry bones.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
I'll play you later tonight or whenever. Just add my NNID. Bowser dittos won't really teach you anything because those are still extremely awkward (even in this game), but your decision making in general I should be able to figure out and give you tips on.
Would some time today work for you? I cant before 5 probably

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Do any of us here put a lot of work into characters besides Bowser? I ask because this may come into play for MU discussions. What better way to decide Bowser's chances objectively than to play against somebody that knows both Bowser and the character in question?

I play Little Mac and Mega Man to the same, large extent. I play many more characters, but few where I've analyzed frame data and can decide on the best options with accuracy. I'd like to see bouts between Bowser and co-mains in the future.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Would some time today work for you? I cant before 5 probably
uh yeah I'll be back home around 7 I think.

I don't really play anyone else besides Bowser in tournament, but I do have a really good Pit and I just XCopy Fox stuff from people.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Do any of us here put a lot of work into characters besides Bowser? I ask because this may come into play for MU discussions. What better way to decide Bowser's chances objectively than to play against somebody that knows both Bowser and the character in question?

I play Little Mac and Mega Man to the same, large extent. I play many more characters, but few where I've analyzed frame data and can decide on the best options with accuracy. I'd like to see bouts between Bowser and co-mains in the future.
Of my true mains, I only put in equal work with Lucina. I do a decent job with Samus and Robin, but compared with Lucina, they do falter.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I used to play Robin a lot, because I wanted to play Bowser & a female character, but her grab range REALLY irks me and...yeah.

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787

I put a ton of work into Fox, until I completely got sick of him. Now, I'm seeing that him and Bowser cover everything I need covered. So now, I'm going to start re-exploring Fox again.

I'd like to see bouts between Bowser and co-mains in the future.
I'm actually about to make a thread about something on this topic.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Besides Bowser, I've been playing quite a bit as Wario and Mr. Game & Watch. I enjoyed them in Brawl, and I still enjoy them in this game. One of them will probably end up being my permanent secondary/co-main in tournaments, provided that the upcoming patch doesn't completely shake things up.

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Besides Bowser, I've been playing quite a bit as Wario and Mr. Game & Watch. I enjoyed them in Brawl, and I still enjoy them in this game. One of them will probably end up being my permanent secondary/co-main in tournaments, provided that the upcoming patch doesn't completely shake things up.
Nintendo: we nerfed greninja so he has a movement speed of 1 and his shield breaks instantaneously upon using it, and he dies from a getup attack at 0 percent, please understand

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Greninjas gotten unnecessary nerfs in every patch so far
He's really gotten bug fixes more than tangible nerfs. The only big nerf was to Usmash so that it's no longer stupid safe. In exchange, his Dsmash got be much better in terms of killing power. 3DS greninja was kind of dumb, if you ask me. And I'm glad some players stuck around to show off how great he still is.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pshhhhhhhh all you people playing characters not named Bowser. Sometimes when I'm goofing off I'll go Jigglypuff, Wario, Ike, DK, or GW--but I'm totally playing like a massive troll when I do.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I searched for where that meme started and I still don't get it. :ohwell:
Something about Iwata saying it during nintendo directs when apologizing, or something, idk.

Luigi's the only other character I plan on busting out in tournament if Bow-Wow can't get the job done. I also picked up Fox recently because that stupid jab-jab thing is really fun to do...although they're going to nerf the hell out of it in the next patch.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Tournament-wise, I'm only relying on Bowser. Every other main of mine is just too weak competitively.

Corgian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Corgian
3DS FC
2079-7941-6787
Pshhhhhhhh all you people playing characters not named Bowser. Sometimes when I'm goofing off I'll go Jigglypuff, Wario, Ike, DK, or GW--but I'm totally playing like a massive troll when I do.

Heyyy, my training partner is praying to Sakurai's star-warriors for some Jiggly-buffs from the patch, and I'd like to see that too, honestly. She's so unsafe on hit its saddening. She'd appreciate an extra few frames on hit-stun on her aerials. I'm not saying I want melee Jigglypuff in this game, but I'd like to see it so I can't punish her with shield grabs so often when she tries poking my shield.

On this topic, there's something I love about how hopeful my scene gets during patch time. I like how people think in terms of making something fair. Also, I can't wait for Bowser's frame-1 Nair with IASA frames. :p

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Heyyy, my training partner is praying to Sakurai's star-warriors for some Jiggly-buffs from the patch, and I'd like to see that too, honestly. She's so unsafe on hit its saddening. She'd appreciate an extra few frames on hit-stun on her aerials. I'm not saying I want melee Jigglypuff in this game, but I'd like to see it so I can't punish her with shield grabs so often when she tries poking my shield.

On this topic, there's something I love about how hopeful my scene gets during patch time. I like how people think in terms of making something fair. Also, I can't wait for Bowser's frame-1 Nair with IASA frames. :p
Sadly yeah. Just like in Brawl, Jigglypuff needs to be used as a bait and punish character. He's much better than in Brawl but still nowhere near Melee.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I would rather not be deadlocked into a air combo by puff as bowser. We pretty much gave up a stock at that point.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Anyone seen Daredevil on Netflix yet? I can't wait to start watching this weekend!

Also, who all is in a crew here? I just got recruited into a newly founded crew called Speed of Light, so I'll be rocking a SoL tag before my name now.

Top Bottom