• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Koopakid 64

Smash Rookie
NNID
koopaman
Are there any Bowser players that can train with me for a bit? may be going to the sandstorm tournament for smash bros wii u and my pals on facebook want me to bring the king again.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Are there any Bowser players that can train with me for a bit? may be going to the sandstorm tournament for smash bros wii u and my pals on facebook want me to bring the king again.
I'll take care of it. Add my NNID.

Are there any specific characters you would want me to use?

Last edited:

Koopakid 64

Smash Rookie
NNID
koopaman
uh honestly any character really. need to practice. especially since I'm using the Wii u game pad. and don't have an adapter since tournaments use those...

But if you want it to be specific then characters I trouble with are: R.O.B, and Sheik

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopakid 64

Smash Rookie
NNID
koopaman
probrobly have to do the practice on Wednesday since patch and I'm going to practicing my old second main mewtwo.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Come to a SoCal tournament, and we'll play in person!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
uh honestly any character really. need to practice. especially since I'm using the Wii u game pad. and don't have an adapter since tournaments use those...

But if you want it to be specific then characters I trouble with are: R.O.B, and Sheik
I can use Sheik for you. I haven't played ROB in this game really in Smash 4, but the game & neutral in general is easy enough that I should be fine.

Just hit me up on Wednesday after the patch comes out and I'll play you.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had just realized that an awesome game against a Robin on 3DS with my Bowser would have been invalidated with the patch, so I went ahead and recorded it.

If I get the chance tomorrow, I'm posting it here.

Interrupting Thoron is so funny. :4bowser:

B!squick

Smash Master
Sees that you can't do ground moves while holding items now.

*slow claps* Congratulations, Nintendo. I haven't even seen what fresh hell I have to deal with on Bowser yet and I already get to give you the most sarcastic congratulations anyone will ever receive.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ B!squick B!squick Yeah, been trying to add things to a post I made in the moveset thread. Now try Dash Klaw.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
??? Wasn't that always the case?
Not exactly. There was some hilarious input shenanigans that allowed characters to do tilts while holding an item.

Mega Man was the notable example. Being able to do Ftilts while holding a Metal Blade was so funny.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Not exactly. There was some hilarious input shenanigans that allowed characters to do tilts while holding an item.

Mega Man was the notable example. Being able to do Ftilts while holding a Metal Blade was so funny.
Oh right! Do you mean like while crouching and holding back then using a tilt stick or something? I forgot about that.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
So I just bought Bayonetta 1 & 2 and apparently, this here is a thing. Pretty sure I just found my new favorite game.

:yeahboi:

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
I looked at eventhubs for Bowser, information on there is really messed up , it lists captain falcon as our worst matchup, not sheik, and also says little mac is a bad mu for us as well

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I looked at eventhubs for Bowser, information on there is really messed up , it lists captain falcon as our worst matchup, not sheik, and also says little mac is a bad mu for us as well
Lol eventhubs. They are the vgchartz of the smash community.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
To be fair, a lot of this isn't too messed up. I believe the Falcon MU thread on Smashboards lists Bowser as their best MU. Some ridiculous score like 80:20. And furthermore, there's like three times the amount of Falcon players out there than Bowsers who could object. I think Falcon is absolutely tough. Not Shiek level bad, but tough enough that we're fighting at a disadvantage unless we have our delicious Dash Slash for recovering high and aggressive engagements.

As for Little Mac, I could see it. I play both characters, and I think Little Mac should enjoy the Bowser MU, since Bowser typically has to fight on Mac's terms. Bowser's low mobility makes KO punch extremely difficult to avoid. And he can forget about Jab frame traps. With Mac's frame 1 jab, the only options that will work are frame perfect Dtilt and Ftilt followups. Good luck with that. Jolt haymaker circumvents Fire breath entirely. Dash Slash aggression may be good, but unlike Bowser, Mac does have a frame 1 invincible OoS move. In my opinion, this MU is even for Bowser at best.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't use EventHubs for anything. It's basically the scourge of humanity.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
If mac goes jab 1 don't we tough guy it?
Not at all. Bowser tough guys the multijab. If Mac begins a multijab on Bowser, Bowser may land during it and pull up shield as he waits for the finisher. You should definitely fear Mac's jab 1+2. It links exceptionally well into Dtilt on heavy weights like Bowser. Not to mention it links directly into KO punch.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Don't use EventHubs for anything. It's basically the scourge of humanity.
Hey now. Eventhubs isn't a bad site, it's just the Smash section that sucks. Ignore it and go there for regular fighting game stuff.
And for Dreamking's puns.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey now. Eventhubs isn't a bad site, it's just the Smash section that sucks. Ignore it and go there for regular fighting game stuff.
And for Dreamking's puns.
The other fighting game sections suck too.

UMVC3 and PSASBR being big offenders.

EDIT:

Well, that's a first for me. Didn't know Jigs was that insanely fragile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom