• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

a stray cat

Smash Cadet
...Well holy ****, I'm gonna try this. I switched off of the pro to a GC controller because of wireless interference...I prefer the pro though for the triggers and the face buttons. Just sucks that I don't have a small enough phillips head
Just an FYI, AFAIK the Pro Controller still uses wireless for communication even without a battery, it's just powered over USB that way.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
DAMN IT ALL
Have you tested wireless interferences for your pro controller? When I used wiimote+nunchuk on Brawl/PM, the interference was heavy and immediate. A dude checking his Facebook behind me during a set could drop my inputs. I haven't done extensive testing, but I know the Wii U receives my signal beautifully by comparison. Even though wiimotes and sensor bars haven't changed, the infared receiver must be vastly upgraded inside the Wii U.

If you've got a computer that accesses wireless internet, turn that on and start doing stressful internet stuff. Stream things on Twitch. Run something on netflix. Get your phone in on the action too. Whatever you can think of, and then do some practicing in the same room. Actions that require a held button are the best indicator. Like holding a shield until it breaks. If your input is dropped, your character will drop shield. Check for the frequency of this happening. Like, say ~30 times a minute was the highest I ever got in PM.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I said if bowser played in a sudden match and he bowsercide somebody and its supposed to go in another sudden death again, the game consider bowser wins the match. That is false, it looks like the game consider the first player to win the match instead.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I said if bowser played in a sudden match and he bowsercide somebody and its supposed to go in another sudden death again, the game consider bowser wins the match. That is false, it looks like the game consider the first player to win the match instead.
Controller ports crap again?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Way to troll us again LOL

I don't think this is entirely true though, someone I know literally just lost a set yesterday in tournament because they Koopacided and the game awarded the other player the win despite the fact that the previous game it awarded Bowser the win.

Make of that what you will. I don't think they swapped ports either.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It probably really is just random. And in any competitive scene we can't always rely on a coin flip.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
You just made my bowsers approach better with just that, I didnt know it.
Good to know, but just to clarify by "landing after a side b" I mean after the little flip when you connect the grab, as opposed to the side b whiff in the air. Pretty sure hard landing still applies before any moves come out in that case.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
, also Zapp Branniglenn Zapp Branniglenn when you played Mega Man did your up air ever get reflected? Because I used an up air on fox, he reflected it, and it seemed to send me downwards
Of course, it's a projectile. So the reflected version is actually a light meteor. I assume the windbox would also be reversed in direction, also pushing you downward. Hard knuckle can also be reflected. But instead of a meteor, it would send you vertically. Found that out against a ROB that was in love with his Side B.

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
Shoutouts to Big Sean Big Sean and a stray cat a stray cat at Extra Life yesterday, was good times. Though I don't have good evidence for it, I am going to go ahead and proclaim myself the Bowser ditto master™. Just cause I can, really. Whatever the Bowser ditto meta is, stray cat seems to be of the firm belief that no fun is allowed. Flame breath, bruhs...

Got double eliminated in pools by the same G&W player unfortunately, I just didn't know how to play the matchup. Got some time with him later as he gave me some drunk tips during friendlies, so I think I at least am unlikely to get beaten twice again... This was fun, and I was mostly just glad to have setups for friendlies since I actually go to tournaments just to play with people locally. I don't expect to win money...

Speaking of which, Hitman JT Hitman JT was your tournament streamed?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hitman JT Hitman JT I'm watching your Xanadu Arcadia set vs this Diddy who keeps ledge attacking.

Did you get any other matches on stream? cbf looking through the whole thing.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Cronoc Cronoc On VGBootCamp.

KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I had 5 matches on stream, I think. I used Mario in the last two though.
Watched you at Xanadu tonight.

My ***** when you CP'd Mr. Eric to dreamland, you had a platform shield situation and opted for UTilt as opposed to a shield break (full hop bomb) or a full hop side b. You would've killed him if you went for the former since he was at 36% and would've kept him honest if you went for the latter.

I'm 1000% certain the shieldbreak option would've worked on him.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

My ***** when you CP'd Mr. Eric to dreamland, you had a platform shield situation and opted for UTilt as opposed to a shield break (full hop bomb) or a full hop side b. You would've killed him if you went for the former since he was at 36% and would've kept him honest if you went for the latter.

No way man, I had that scouted out.
jkjk <3 ggs

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

Nah he's too smart for that

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
If he's too smart, that's even more reason to do it. It's so obvious that he won't see it coming! :smirk:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Doesn't matter how smart you think someone is. Until you do it once and they've proven that they can get out or avoid the situation entirely, I wouldn't be dissuaded from attempting it.

Don't assume anything.

Kind of a guilty until proven otherwise sort of thing. I used to have that problem where I'd give players too much credit and just assume some setup wouldn't work. Now I run with this, "You have to show or prove to me how smart you are as a player" now. I don't respect anyone.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah I guess I probably ruined it for you now. Just look for options chosen after sitting in shield now lol

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
Why are Bowsers seeming to prefer dreamland over battlefield these days? Can't Dreamland's wind can mess a Bowser bomb up? Sure, the ledges are safer to recover to than battlefield (though you can't ride the stage up to it either), but I'll take ledge jank over the wind. Also the camera spazzes out on dreamland occasionally and it annoys me.

Last edited:

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Why are Bowsers seeming to prefer dreamland over battlefield these days? Can't Dreamland's wind can mess a Bowser bomb up? Sure, the ledges are safer to recover to than battlefield (though you can't ride the stage up to it either), but I'll take ledge jank over the wind. Also the camera spazzes out on dreamland occasionally and it annoys me.
I think the most fundamental reason is because many of my kills are vertical and I want the shorter ceiling for that. My other reason is that the wind is almost always going to hurt my opponent more than it's going to hurt me. Bowser doesn't have combos, so at best it can help us by giving us a combo and at worst makes a combo that we never had harder to pull off. On the flip side it can really throw off people that do have combos, which is amazing since bowser has a really hard getting back to the ground. I also think i'm better at not getting pineappled than my opponent is lol.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Btw guys, Im working on the comboes Bowser have with fair. Do we have a thread about this already ?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Btw guys, Im working on the comboes Bowser have with fair. Do we have a thread about this already ?
Nah. If you mean Fair into Fair, some characters like Samus have trouble avoiding it offstage at low percents.

Fairs have a fun damage range where a move picks up the target enough to put them in tumble. And it's difficult for them to tech it because they don't fall much before hitting the ground to notice they need to tech. When you miss a tech, you're prone for 26 frames before you can act. If Bowser had a decent jab lock game, that's how we'd initiate it. Instead, Bowser could Bomb missed techs. Heck, bomb them anyway if they teched. You'll land on them moments after they regain control. Short hop Fair is extremely rewarding on hit because of this possibility.

Unrelated, but last night I finished a thread on prattacks. Yet another tech that Bowser can't use to much effectiveness, but I wanted to make this to benefit other characters.

Last edited:

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I actually read your thread about prattacks, really interesting!

About fair, Im takling about short hop fair to jab/ftilt/dtilt/dash attack/sideb/dash grab depending the %

Training room says it is actually a combo and I actually tried with a real opponent and he was unable to avoid them.
I need to test them more with proper DI and everything, but thats why I asked if somebody has worked on them before.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
About fair, Im takling about short hop fair to jab/ftilt/dtilt/dash attack/sideb/dash grab depending the %

Training room says it is actually a combo and I actually tried with a real opponent and he was unable to avoid them.
I need to test them more with proper DI and everything, but thats why I asked if somebody has worked on them before.
Really? I never thought the advantage on hit for Fair could be so high as to grant true combo followups. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
So far, Im taking a character, Im doing the fair with jab, then ftilt, etc... to see at which % the game consider it a combo for each move. Then Im doing it with each character. (This is lasting forever...) After doing so, Ill check how DI can affect the combo.
As you can see, it takes me a lot of time... But fun fact, one of the reason why fair to jab cant combo before a certain % is because the opponent can tech. If he misses, we have a guaranted fsmash.

But like I said I need to test the whole thing!

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Primarily because everyone bans/strikes Battlefield against me.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I got 2nd out of 61 today at my weekly tournament with only bowser. Not bad, but I need to practice more!

Last edited:

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I lost against Holynightmare twice, in winners final and grand final. He mains Rob. I dont think the match up was a problem, he is just a better player than me right now. I did a lot of mistake. He is a really good player, for those who dont know he is Ally's older brother.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Wow... I'm a mosquito compared to you guys...

Sometimes, I was 6th to 32 in weekly tournaments, with Bowser and Dr.mario.

My most succesful moment is when I beat a french top player's cousin, Bowser VS DDK. He's very good.

Cronoc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cronoc
I think the most fundamental reason is because many of my kills are vertical and I want the shorter ceiling for that. My other reason is that the wind is almost always going to hurt my opponent more than it's going to hurt me. Bowser doesn't have combos, so at best it can help us by giving us a combo and at worst makes a combo that we never had harder to pull off. On the flip side it can really throw off people that do have combos, which is amazing since bowser has a really hard getting back to the ground. I also think i'm better at not getting pineappled than my opponent is lol.
I guess the blast zones are slightly lower than battlefield. I hadn't thought of the stage messing up combos, though I'm a little skeptical of how often that's really a possibility. But the wind is surprisingly strong at times, so I can see how it could happen. I'm still scared of missing a bomb to the ledge due to wind, and the higher side platforms mean less coverage for utilt. I think I'll need to play on it more to get comfortable, I just don't go there very often.

Primarily because everyone bans/strikes Battlefield against me.
This one makes sense. Anywhere but FD and Town and City tends to be my motto.

Top Bottom