• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser general discussion thread.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
CryoSomhim. post: 17480991 said:
Are you talking in comparison to Project M Bowser? Have you played him in Smash 4?

Trust me....he's good. If you have any doubts, go check out grand finals, and a lot of the matches of the SDCC tournament.
I have played him. I was at sdcc (but was DQ"d)

He's lame now. He's not intimidating at all. He's smaller than dk. And he is fundamentally changed in a way that strips him of personality. He's boring now and was only good because nobody understands smash 4 boozar. He's like early brawl Ike. Hell get figured out and suck. I'm drunk right now so excuse me if I sound dumb but his design no longer hasoriginality. He's no longer a tank. His OOS game is gone. He just plays like other chars. He's strong but that doesn't make characters good. You'll see. He's not interesting anymore he's just like any other char you'd play but for a power character like bowser it just makes him boring and lame.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
How exactly does Bowser run? It seems to me that he slides across the ground but iirc his stomach doesn't touch the ground.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
it results in you doing a flame breath with very little startup. the flames come out as soon as you hit the ground, so if you press neutral B 1 frame before you hit the floor it only takes 1 frame for you to fully breathe fire.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I have played him. I was at sdcc (but was DQ"d)

He's lame now. He's not intimidating at all. He's smaller than dk. And he is fundamentally changed in a way that strips him of personality. He's boring now and was only good because nobody understands smash 4 boozar. He's like early brawl Ike. Hell get figured out and suck. I'm drunk right now so excuse me if I sound dumb but his design no longer hasoriginality. He's no longer a tank. His OOS game is gone. He just plays like other chars. He's strong but that doesn't make characters good. You'll see. He's not interesting anymore he's just like any other char you'd play but for a power character like bowser it just makes him boring and lame.
Just thought I'd mention this now that i've quit PM and am dedicated to smash 4 now. While I still prefer his old tanky defensive playstyle, they actually buffed his OOS since the sdcc demo (He has a dangerous up-b again) and he's definitely intimidating. Just so people don't put in me their signatures like 3 years from now. I still feel like smash 4 Bowser will be like Ike though being strong because it's day 3 but may suffer a bit later.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I've been practicing a lot of Bowser stuff, and am sort of rethinking some things I've said in the past re: changes.

- I hope they don't take away flame breath/cancel. It's so central to the way I play now, I can't imagine living without it. Unless he can flame cancel whatever new projectile he gets (in the unlikely event that happens)
- Armor is kind of a dumb mechanic on most of his moves, but I think he needs it on the nair in order to ever be able to touch the floor.
- There's still a ton of unwinnable MUs (notably Ivy, M2, ZSS, Diddy), but once I incorporated pivot ftilt and some other stuff, many of the others didn't seem quite as horrible (though he still has almost no positive MUs).
- I still think the jumpsquat should be changed
- I still think FSmash could stand to be buffed (for example, to always break shields) or otherwise changed to a useful move
- C stick on attack to allow jab -> (grab/jab2/ftilt/dtilt/dsmash/upb/klaw/whatever) helps mitigate some of his approach options. Also allows pivot ftilt, the importance of which I can't really overstate
- Shield on Y or a spring-removed trigger is pretty much necessary, but helps a LOT in some matchups. Recently I'm maintaining a near-100% powershield rate on some projectiles, it really helps level the playing field. Crawling through stuff can be OK situationally, but it's a badly losing long-term strategy.
- I need smarter opponents to grind against. My roommate is dumb/scrubby af when he plays. He still refuses to JC his grabs ever or DD camp me. =/
- Fast fall from platform -> flame cancel (or b-reversed flame cancel) is seriously awesome you guys

Last edited:

Candypants

Smash Cadet
I've been practicing a lot of Bowser stuff, and am sort of rethinking some things I've said in the past re: changes.

- I hope they don't take away flame breath/cancel. It's so central to the way I play now, I can't imagine living without it. Unless he can flame cancel whatever new projectile he gets (in the unlikely event that happens)
- Armor is kind of a dumb mechanic on most of his moves, but I think he needs it on the nair in order to ever be able to touch the floor.
- There's still a ton of unwinnable MUs (notably Ivy, M2, ZSS, Diddy), but once I incorporated pivot ftilt and some other stuff, many of the others didn't seem quite as horrible (though he still has almost no positive MUs).
- I still think the jumpsquat should be changed
- I still think FSmash could stand to be buffed (for example, to always break shields) or otherwise changed to a useful move
- C stick on attack to allow jab -> (grab/jab2/ftilt/dtilt/dsmash/upb/klaw/whatever) helps mitigate some of his approach options. Also allows pivot ftilt, the importance of which I can't really overstate
- Shield on Y or a spring-removed trigger is pretty much necessary, but helps a LOT in some matchups. Recently I'm maintaining a near-100% powershield rate on some projectiles, it really helps level the playing field. Crawling through stuff can be OK situationally, but it's a badly losing long-term strategy.
- I need smarter opponents to grind against. My roommate is dumb/scrubby af when he plays. He still refuses to JC his grabs ever or DD camp me. =/
- Fast fall from platform -> flame cancel (or b-reversed flame cancel) is seriously awesome you guys
I disagree with a few of these points,

-Bowser needs armor to get in on lots of characters and also as a means of punishing the opponent when they go in for a hit, I abuse grounded side-b so much that I don't think I can live without it.
-M2, ZSS and ivy don't seem as bad a match-up as you say. In fact M2 seems to be in favor to Bowser.

Frost | Odds

-Bowser needs armor to get in on lots of characters and also as a means of punishing the opponent when they go in for a hit, I abuse grounded side-b so much that I don't think I can live without it.
Given his current design, yes, we need all the tools we can get. Also, if your practice partners are really so predictable/slow that they actually get hit by grounded side-b (outside of tech chase situations), you need new ones.

-M2, ZSS and ivy don't seem as bad a match-up as you say. In fact M2 seems to be in favor to Bowser.
Yeah. Find practice partners that don't suck. I really mean no offense, but I don't see any other way that you could be that misguided.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
S'true. Armor is necessary because we don't have anything else right now, but it's not good design. In most situations the fact that Bowsers trying to "brandish" armor just gets him ****ed up.

Also Bowser v M2 is -1000000000 in Mewtwo's favor and if you ever win that match your friend is bad and loses evo.

Candypants

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Find practice partners that don't suck. I really mean no offense, but I don't see any other way that you could be that misguided.
Right back at you, never lost a bracket match against a mewtwo.

S'true. Armor is necessary because we don't have anything else right now, but it's not good design. In most situations the fact that Bowsers trying to "brandish" armor just gets him ****ed up.
Totally untrue, armor allows you to punish people that attack into you. That's way better than having to avoid or shield a hit 'then' try to hit them back.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Maybe you just need to get better. Lol. The MUs you listed aren't unwinnable. I really mean no offense.

You're in the right direction though. I believe ZSS and Diddy are his hardest MUs in my honest opinion. Not unwinnable though, just tortuous and boring because you have to play their game. Bowsershielding and learning to play with Bananas helps a lot.

Ivy and m2 aren't as bad.

M2's teleport can get very predictable. Anticipating his movement and catching him with Dsmash works a lot. Ivysaur's recovery is weak sauce when she isn't in tether range. Just jump out and Fair/Bair her. A lot of players don't know how to react when Bowser flies at them with no fear. When they do learn, you can empty jump out and scare them into reacting and condition them some more.

Going back to Dsmash, it's super great to just charge it near the ledge(facing away) when some characters are recovering. The hitbox behind his Dsmash goes farther and slightly lower than the hitbox in front of him and it can stop a lot of sweet-spot attempts.

Then you've never played a remotely decent mewtwo. Sorry.
Wow someone is presumptuous and snarky.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

M2's teleport can get very predictable. Anticipating his movement and catching him with Dsmash works a lot
Sure, you'll catch a mewtwo with that sometimes. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually lead to anything, and if all a m2 does is teleport on top of you, he's simply a garbage player. The reason TP is broken is its mixup potential.

Ivysaur's recovery is weak sauce when she isn't in tether range. Just jump out and Fair/Bair her.
An Ivy that doesn't simply hit you with a fair or a dair at this point should have drowned in pools.

I'm not saying that you are a terrible player, but it's obvious that that's what you're playing against.

A lot of players don't know how to react when Bowser flies at them with no fear.
Bad players, yes.

When they do learn, you can empty jump out and scare them into reacting and condition them some more.
Condition them into hitting you for free? Great plan.

Going back to Dsmash, it's super great to just charge it near the ledge(facing away) when some characters are recovering. The hitbox behind his Dsmash goes farther and slightly lower than the hitbox in front of him and it can stop a lot of sweet-spot attempts.
This is true enough.

10/10 reply. Excellent rebuttal. Would debate again. GG, I got 360-no scoped.
Sorry, I don't actually understand what your problem is. This sarcastic crap doesn't help anything.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Sure, you'll catch a mewtwo with that sometimes. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually lead to anything, and if all a m2 does is teleport on top of you, he's simply a garbage player. The reason TP is broken is its mixup potential.
Last I checked, it leads into Bomb-cancel U-air? Guess it depends on DI; damage is damage though. No, they don't always teleport on top of you, that's why you have to read what you believe the best option will be.

Condition them into hitting you for free? Great plan.
If you're getting hit for free then you may need to look at your spacing and timing.

This is true enough.
Yep.

Sorry, I don't actually understand what your problem is. This sarcastic crap doesn't help anything.
An Ivy that doesn't simply hit you with a fair or a dair at this point should have drowned in pools.

I'm not saying that you are a terrible player, but it's obvious that that's what you're playing against.

Bad players, yes.
^My problem is this. OBVIOUSLY, since other people aren't having the same issues that you are with certain MUs, they MUST be playing garbage opponents.

It's not like we're anywhere near as good as you or have as much experience, right?

That's how it sounds from your posts and THAT CRAP doesn't help anything. If the only opponents I played were garbage, I'd be ****ing rich.

Frost | Odds

Last I checked, it leads into Bomb-cancel U-air?
No, he can nair/fair you out of it. Easily.

^My problem is this. OBVIOUSLY, since other people aren't having the same issues that you are with certain MUs, they MUST be playing garbage opponents.
My conclusion is that you're playing bad opponents because you're reporting no difficulties winning an unwinnable matchup. Hell, I've been there - I used to regularly 4-stock a couple local Sheik players with Melee Bowser because they were simply that bad. If they were my only Sheik experience, I might well have similar misconceptions.

Your conclusion is that I'm garbage, because my opinion of a matchup is that it's unwinnable.

You're being incredibly rude to me here, while I'm (necessarily, given my opinion) giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't need you to apologize or anything as it's an understandable mistake, just please stop being a prick.

I also didn't say anything about all your opponents - I referred specifically to the ones against which you're experiencing improbable success in unwinnable matchups.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I never said it wasn't difficult. In fact, that was the first thing I agreed with. It's difficult. The only thing I disagreed with was that they were unwinnable.

I never said you were garbage. I know it was bad to assume anything about your skill, so I won't make any further judgments until I see some of your vidyas.

Also, I'm a **** when I see other people being *****. And maybe you weren't trying to be, but you indirectly came off as a **** talking to Candy from what I could see. Don't know if they thought that, but it felt that way to me.

I'm glad you don't need me to apologize. I wasn't going to. lol. I just strongly disagree that these MUs are impossible. They're hard as ****. But they aren't unwinnable. Just a pain.

Now, if you want to go into detail about ALL of these characters' tools and what we can do to avoid and respond to them, let's do that.

Instead of saying "no...no...no, that doesn't work, you're opponents are ********"

EDIT: NVM I can't find videos of you. lol

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Now, if you want to go into detail about ALL of these characters' tools and what we can do to avoid and respond to them, let's do that.

Instead of saying "no...no...no, that doesn't work, you're opponents are ********"
If you'd supply specific stuff that supposedly works for Bowser, I'd happily provide the specific reasons why your opponents are ******** for not easily countering them. Because my case is effectively a negative (ie. Bowser does not have any effective tools against Character X, or, perhaps, counters for Tactic Y), it'd be impossible for me to enumerate every possibility in every matchup, and why that doesn't work.

I've been to the Ivy forums with this, and the discussion there pretty much consisted of me making a reasonable case, and TheReflexWonder telling me I'm an idiot over and over again.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
It's funny you should say that, Reflex has been teaching me how to mind-game/play Bowser. lol.

You keep arguing that you have all the answers for why it doesn't work without taking other peoples' opinions seriously. It's no longer a discussion.

I know technically this is a discussion of what tools Bowser has before any Player Input occurs but...

Yeah, Bowser isn't the best character. You have to put a LOT of yourself into the equation for him to work out in at least high-level play. You have to adapt and know what the best opponents are going to do. I guess I've been arguing this all wrong.

It's not a matter of Bowser having the right tools for the job. It's what you do with the "okay" tools. Either way, the MUs aren't impossible. It's an uphill battle, but all we really need(I've said this a thousand times), is a faster dash and even slightly improved frame data. Without that, we just have to be the best that we can at adapting and reading your opponent.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
mom dad stop fighting

so I've been trying to step up my Bowser game. A little while ago I was playing against @Peachkid 's DK as Bowser and got absolutely bodied. We didn't do that matchup much, but I was reeling a little bit from it because halfway through the game the thought of "oh my god, I actually have no idea what to do here."

I'm not asking about the DK matchup specifically, I'm asking more about general tips I guess. I pick Bowser at the character select screen. My opponent picks random. Stage doesn't matter. What's the gameplan? I can flame-cancel and occasionally fortress-hog, but up-b OoS isn't easy for me (I play with tap-jump off), but I've been trying to incorporate it into my game. What are some general tips to wrecking house as the Big Boss Bowz?

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
mom dad stop fighting

No, your father's being an ass and isn't going to get any poo-tang tonight. lol jkjk. ilu Odds.

What are some general tips to wrecking house as the Big Boss Bowz?
On stage, you want to learn his faster options.

Jabs, tilts, and Fortress hog is your friend. Side-B is a decent counter to some things.

You can mix up your Dash Attack with your Dash Grab pretty nicely. The start-up for both are similar and punish for an incorrect defense. (Dash Grab eats shield obviously and Dash Attack's second hit will catch them after a spot-dodge if they anticipate a grab.)

Flame cancel is great as long as you don't become predictable with it. It comes out quick, but you have to jump with that god-awful squat AND land before you use it. lol

Bowser is strongest when edgeguarding. Fortress-hog, Bowser Bomb the ledge before they recover. Charge your Dsmash near the ledge(make sure you're facing away from the ledge). The hitbox behind his Dsmash is disjointed and will stop most if not all sweet-spot attempts.

Flying off the stage with Forward Air works too and it's easy to recover after using it. <3

Back Air and Neutral Air can be used off-stage too but require more caution and timing.

Keep in mind that you have to be on TOP of your mind game to take advantage of a lot of these tools. Bowser is in no way an auto-pilot character. Your mind game needs to be as strong or stronger than another player/character's technical game while also keeping on top of THEIR mental game. That's where the armor helps. Learn how to time it and invalidate a faster character's more technical options.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'd be more sympathetic to both sides if Odds wasn't just right. Bowser is bad right now. Like, really bad. There's a reason he hasn't been in many tournaments for a while and a lot of really solid players who have won tournaments with him will say that he's unviable.

If M2 teleports into you over and over again he's ********. The point of teleport is that it can go anywhere.

If Ivysaur doesn't out range you at all times, he's ********. Ivysaur is faster and has much more disjoint.

If any player doesn't know how to react to you jumping at their face with Bowser, they're ********. He's so ****ing punishable it's ridiculous. He's so ****ing slow it's ridiculous. He has such **** mixup potential on running at the opponent it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

No, your father's being an *** and isn't going to get any poo-tang tonight. lol jkjk. ilu Odds.
Heh. No grudges here. You're obstreperous af and maybe a bit naive, but you're not stupid, and you seem like a decent dude.

Pretty basic, but a good start. I'd also add that dtilt is by far your single strongest neutral poking tool. Also imagine coming down with a nair/flame cancel/klaw as kind of a rock paper scissors thing
nair beats AA
if they're conditioned to shield the nair, counter with Klaw
If they're conditioned to spotdodge the Klaw, come down with flame cancel
If they're conditioned to challenge you, come down with nair.

In general, work on your movement on and off of platforms. Wavelanding is SUPER important for Bowser, so you can do stuff like jump backwards -> waveland forwards, bouncing off corner of platform to change momentum and stick a fair in other guy's face. Practice wavelanding, down-b cancelling into wavelanding on platforms, down-b'ing onto ledges from different distances, b-reversing Klaw and Flame Cancel, and any other movement stuff you can think of.

DD is also really important. Know when and how to use it.

Know how to control the center of the stage. You don't necessarily need to be in the center of the stage, but at least be able to push your opponent out of it.

My recording stuff came in I think. Will pick it up and hopefully make some educational videos this weekend.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Heh. No grudges here. You're obstreperous af and maybe a bit naive, but you're not stupid, and you seem like a decent dude.
Maybe. But Bowser's canonically obstreperous and that's probably why I play him. I am a decent dude, but I'm not naive. I may not have enough footage but I've had a lot of tournament experience packed into a small amount of time and I do nothing but study characters and what little relevant Bowser footage there is and practice tech/movement. Also learning the mental game as I go. Once I get back on my feet again, I plan on going to relevant tournaments and showing you gaiz how it's done.

I may come off as naive though because I don't speak with technical jargon and everything I say may come off as sounding like "BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU, etc etc".

It's just a bad idea to have a negative ideal or think that something is impossible or unwinnable. You can be realistic without having a "they pick this character, I'm going to lose" mindset. In fact, having a positive-neutral mindset will REALLY improve your game.

I meditate 30 minutes every day, but will meditate for a full hour before going to a tournament. It helps!

That being said, you're a pretty cool guy, Odds. Even though I disagree about making Bowser much smaller. ;c It would look weiiiirddd. Also work on that positive-neutral mindset.

Pretty basic, but a good start. I'd also add

TIPZ

My recording stuff came in I think. Will pick it up and hopefully make some educational videos this weekend.
I would like to see videos of you in a competitive environment. Out of sheer curiosity. But not as much as I want to record myself at my current level...I need some hard evidence so that I can show you guys that I'm not all talk AT ALL....:C

Next month...

ANYWAY. Yeah, learning to use what few movement tools you have with Bowser is great. I actually used Oddclawing in a money match that I won. ;D Good job. Luckily it was a Falcon and not some projectile ******. Seems harder to get away with that against them.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Bowser is bad right now. Like, really bad. There's a reason he hasn't been in many tournaments for a while and a lot of really solid players who have won tournaments with him will say that he's unviable.
I can agree with this a bit.

If M2 teleports into you over and over again he's ********. The point of teleport is that it can go anywhere.
I never said the M2 I played did this. They mixed it up, but you can also generally read when they will be on top of you. And if they aren't, no big deal mang.

If Ivysaur doesn't out range you at all times, he's ********. Ivysaur is faster and has much more disjoint.
Ivy can outrange you and is faster, yeah. But her wall isn't impenetrable. You have to play infuriatingly slow and patiently but it's possible. It's just a frustrating, up-hill battle.

If any player doesn't know how to react to you jumping at their face with Bowser, they're ********. He's so ****ing punishable it's ridiculous. He's so ****ing slow it's ridiculous. He has such **** mixup potential on running at the opponent it's ridiculous.
I'm talking about off-stage as an edgeguard. Their options are far more limited then. There are obvious exceptions but this is just a general rule. They can only move in one direction(toward the stage). And there are some characters that can be punished for stalling their recovery, like Mario, Lucas, and G+W. You can go SURPRISINGLY far out against Ivysaur for a Fair when she would normally Dair for the extra jump. You can actually go as far as the Screen Bubble and make it back.

But yeah, I NEVER condoned just jumping at someone's face on stage in the neutral game. That would make ME ********.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Maybe. But Bowser's canonically obstreperous and that's probably why I play him. I am a decent dude, but I'm not naive. I may not have enough footage but I've had a lot of tournament experience packed into a small amount of time and I do nothing but study characters and what little relevant Bowser footage there is and practice tech/movement. Also learning the mental game as I go. Once I get back on my feet again, I plan on going to relevant tournaments and showing you gaiz how it's done.

I may come off as naive though because I don't speak with technical jargon and everything I say may come off as sounding like "BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU, etc etc".

It's just a bad idea to have a negative ideal or think that something is impossible or unwinnable. You can be realistic without having a "they pick this character, I'm going to lose" mindset. In fact, having a positive-neutral mindset will REALLY improve your game.

I meditate 30 minutes every day, but will meditate for a full hour before going to a tournament. It helps!
Heh, Pretty much all of that describes me, though I've been to pretty much every local/regional in the last 8 months (excepting the period where I was out with injury, and just studied the game all the time).

I'm all about positive mindset, actually; especially lately. In Melee I was struggling with it due to playing a character I think is crap (Jiggs), so I switched to one that I have actual confidence in -- it helped immensely. I'm not great at mindset yet, but it's a major focus, and I'm improving.

Most of Bowser's matchups are winnable. I'm pretty confident in my skills as a player (though my nerves need work), and pretty consistently dominate most of AB's top players in PM (with a few exceptions). I've got more experience against a good Ivysaur than pretty much anyone outside of DFW, and Zigzagoon (the local Ivy)'s practice partners. I'm not the greatest player out there, but I know my stuff, and I'm very careful to avoid saying stuff unless I know it's true (unless it's an obvious exaggeration, or followed by qualifiers). Basically, I know my ****.

I just get easily frustrated when people who haven't done remotely as much research or practice as I have, see fit to tell me that I'm an idiot for holding an opinion that I regard as self-evident as Bowser's autoloss to Ivy. Especially when told so by Ivy players who don't know how to DI out of Kirby's chaingrab, or play anyone other than Ivy.

Meditation / exercise are amazing for life and for tourney stuff. I do my best, but it's a tough habit to get back into.

That being said, you're a pretty cool guy, Odds. Even though I disagree about making Bowser much smaller. ;c It would look weiiiirddd. Also work on that positive-neutral mindset.
u2m8

Smaller bowser would pretty much be just to de-polarize his matchups.

I would like to see videos of you in a competitive environment. Out of sheer curiosity. But not as much as I want to record myself at my current level...I need some hard evidence so that I can show you guys that I'm not all talk AT ALL....:C
I tend to choke really hard in bracket, which is a crappy john, but I don't feel like the videos of me that currently exist at all reflect the level at which I'm capable of playing. That'll change with some more tourney experience, I'm not losing sleep over it.

My recording stuff just came in the mail, but I need to pick it up from the PO and set it up. If everything works, hopefully I can back myself up. I'm not all talk either. :3

Anyway, this was last weekend. Bowser games 2+3

ANYWAY. Yeah, learning to use what few movement tools you have with Bowser is great. I actually used Oddclawing in a money match that I won. ;D Good job. Luckily it was a Falcon and not some projectile ****er. Seems harder to get away with that against them.
Awesome :D

I haven't been practicing Bowser much lately, but seem to be getting more mileage out of Oddklawing off the top platforms of stages than anything. NOBODY expects it from there, and I seem to be able to catch people coming up to uair me pretty well.

(Also, I think Boost Klaw is probably a better name, but eh)

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
daw everyone's getting along again
What do you mean? I hate Odds. He's awful.

>autoloss to Ivy

But it isnnnn't

As far as tournament johns go, I never lose to my nerves but I get tired/(lazy?) after several hours. I basically need to eat/drink healthier (water instead of soda/eating light, nutritional food instead of junk) so that my energy won't die in higher brackets. I always get top 10 though. ;b I just want to travel more so I can go to huge out of state tournaments.

I'll watch your videos after I post this. @.@

GeZ

Smash Lord
I dropped this game completely for a while but I'm getting back to it and planning on maining the crap out of Bowser, so there'll be footage of me getting flattened by Dantarion soon enough :v

So, somewhat recently I've picked up Bowser as my secondary. I like his playstyle alot, he's deceptively quick, and can be pretty polarizing to those unfamiliar with how he's played. That said, I know he has a quite a few edgeguarding options. (D-tilt, Fortress Hogging, and Bowser Bomb on stage to ledge, etc) I'd like to know which of the last two I mentioned is best, to help my Bowser out. I don't want to be limited to down tilt and fortress hogging.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Fair warning to all those hype for 3.5 Bowser, the changes to him are not radical. I shouldn't go into detail, but I couldn't really see any really new stuff from him when I gave him a whirl.

GeZ

Smash Lord
It's entirely possible I missed some stuff tho because I didn't even play a full match with him.

I'd say expect these things to change largely as, from what I've heard and seen, the PMDT have been working on radical changes to certain characters, and overall game mechanics/ feel, which is why 3.5 feels great btw.

He'll change in the future, I'm sure. Just as of now, nothing much to report.

Top Bottom