• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses in Smash Switch?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nope. It's Giratina.

If Arceus is the Pokemon equivalent of God, Giratina is the Pokemon equivalent of Satan.
He's already a Poke Ball though unless its presumable that they can work the same way as assist trophies can since Rathatos shows that.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Although it's my dream scenario that each character has their own boss to battle at the end of Adventure Mode that specifically ties to them ( with the option for others characters to battle those bosses in a separate mode ) I doubt every series is going to get it's own boss, let alone every character. But, here I go, attempting to come up with a boss for each character that I can. Buckle up because there's a lot.

NOTE: If I misssed a character, it's likely that I just couldn't think of a boss for them, or I didn't know the character well enough to come up with one.

:ultmario: Giant Donkey Kong.... No, I don't mean Donkey Kong with a Super Mushroom. I'm thinking something more along the lines of this [click]... Sure would be cool to reinact this battle at New Donk City.
:ultdk: Tiki Tong... Nobody really liked these guys, but K. Rool is playable now, and I couldn't think of anyone I liked better.
:ultlink: Vaati ( monster form )... Getting this out of the way, I think the Zelda characters should be fighting bosses that aren't from their own games now that we're mixing up our designs from across the series. I'd like Vaati to be playable in his human form, but i'm not holding my breath.
:ultyoshi: Giant baby Bowser. A little obvious, but I wanna see how Smash Bros would do it when you can't launch eggs into the background.
:ultkirby: Dynablade... I just think it would be a cool battle.
:ultfox: Andrew Oikkony Mech... The first boss of Star Fox Assault was essentially a cheaper smaller Andross battle. If Fox had his Smash abilities, I bet he could take it on without needing his Arwing.
:ultpikachu:Raichu... I kinda like when Pikachu and Raichu are potrayed to have a bit of a rivalry going on. Would be fun to whup a big chunky Raichu with more powerful shocks. Bonus points if it's clearly Surge's Raichu.
:ultsamus: Nightmare... This thing appears in more than one Metroid game and has left a bit of an impact on me. I'd love to see it in Smash.
:ultluigi: King Boo... Who else could you choose??
:ultfalcon: Deathborn... Black Shadow who? ( Just kidding, but seriously I'd rather Black Shadow be playable. )
:ultness: Ness's Nightmare... I think it'd be great to end an Adventure Mode stage in Magican't with this thing. Sure, Porky and Giygas are more iconic, but I feel like his literal inner demons was a more important fight for Ness.
:ultpeach: Giga Bowser... That's right, I want Giga Bowser to return as a boss. I feel like it can happen now that Bowser's final Smash doesn't work like a transformation anymore.
:ultbowser: Dark Bowser... I guess it's a cliche, but I'm a sucker for Bowser's Inside Story.
:ultzelda: Twinrova... Another Zelda villain that's actually appeared in multiple titles, but isn't one people discuss. I think she'd be a great boss.
:ultsheik: Maz Koshia... Sheikah Vrs. Fake Sheikah. That'd be neat... I'd also accept Master Kohga.
:ultfalco: Those Robot Monkey Mechs from the Asteroid field in Starfox 64... I don't know their names.
:ultganondorf: Calamity Ganon... Ganon the Monster Vs. Ganondorf the man is something i've wanted to see for years, in Smash, or in a Zelda game, I don't care. But Calamity Ganon is on a whole other level than Pig Ganon. I want to see Ganondorf look at the monster he will become, and beat it into submission.
:ultyounglink: Bulblin King... This guy was only kinda imposing as adult Link. I imagine kid Link would have a tougher time with him.
:ultmewtwo: Arceus... I just wanna whup the Pokemon God with a man made Pokemon.
:ultmetaknight: 02... Metaknight was left out of Kirby 64, so I'd like to see him take on the final boss.
:ultpit: Hades... pretty easy, right?
:ultzss: Metroid Prime... Much scarier without your trusty suit, eh?
:ultwario: Rudy the Clown... That's a Wario villain right?
:ultsnake: Shagohod... Yeah. Not rex. Rex is just a little too big for snake to fight using the same methods he does in Smash. Shagohod on the otherhand seems like a much better fit. Volgin will have to come out as the "weak point"
:ultpokemontrainer: Dragonite... Preferably one that's owned by Lance of the Elite Four.
:ultdiddy:Ghastly King... Diddy Kong was not around for Jungle Beat, so I'd like to see how he fares.
:ultlucas:Frankystein Mk. II... Porky's been done, Claus and Drago are too sad to fight... let's fight someone from another Mother game instead.
:ultsonic: Dr. Robotnik... I'd rather he be playable but i'm not going to kid myself.
:ultkingdedede: Dark Matter... I just want the good king to get some revenge for being possessed.
:ultlucario: I dunno a Legendary or something.... Giratina....?
:ultrob: Galleom... The Robot from Brawl returns.
:ulttoonlink: King Dodongo... Since this incarnation has never seen one. He can throw his bombs into the mouth and everything... let's put bomb flowers in the arena so other characters can beat him too.
:ultwolf: Pigma Dengar... I don't know what sort of mech Pigma would be in control of, but Pigma is a betrayer. Would not be surprised to see this happen.
:ultmegaman: Dr. Wily... yeah this one is pretty obvious. I'd also take the Dragon from Megaman 2. Or maybe we could mix it up and have him fight Sigma.
:ultrosalina:Rapheal the Raven ... From Yoshi's Island?? Yeah why not? The one Mario character that should have been in Galaxy? You know, the one that roams around a planetoid?
:ultlittlemac: King Hippo... easily.
:ultgreninja: Yvetal I guess, or Mega Gyarados?
:4miif::4mii: Who was the final boss of Find Mii again? That thing...
:ultpalutena: Monster Medusa... Since Pit is tangled up with Hades.
:ultbowserjr: Dry Bowser... Dear old dad has lost his marbles. Gotta knock him out so you can revive him again.
:ultinkling: DJ Octavio. Anything else would feel wrong.
:ultridley: How about one of those chaps from Metroid Prime 3? They're "good guys" right?
:ultdaisy: Tatanga... yeah right, like they'd ever acknowledge him again. Still, I'd love Daisy to put the beat down on the one who kidnapped her so many years ago.
:ultsimon: Dracula... well this is basically confirmed...
:ultrichter: Death... and this is basically deconfirmed, since he's a stage boss.
:ultdarksamus: Monster Mother Brain... Something tells me an infant Metroid isn't coming to save you this time.
:ultkrool:Lord Frederick... Who the heck is this wanna be, tormenting the Kongs in my stead? Oh man I want to see K. Rool beat this poser down.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Giant Donkey Kong.... No, I don't mean Donkey Kong with a Super Mushroom. I'm thinking something more along the lines of this [click]... Sure would be cool to reinact this battle at New Donk City.
Say no more. You are clearly thinking of Giga Donkey Kong. Make it happen Sakurai!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The final boss of Find Mii was the Dark Emperor, who is a stage boss.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they have a bunch of cool bosses, and in a perfect world at least one for every major series (obviously Animal Crossing and Wii Fit aren’t gonna have many options)

My personal list would be:
  • King Boo - An iconic Mario villain, and with all the new Luigi’s Mansion stuff coming out it would make sense.
  • Kyurem - Really any Pokémon boss would work, but this one seems like it would work. Maybe it’d be deemed too similar to Rathalos.
  • Calamity Ganon - BotW is my favorite Zelda game, so the more representation the better. Any of the forms of Ganon would work, but since Calamity is the final boss it would probably be the best choice.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I made a video talking about potential bosses (as well as what we might see from Minecraft) recently!

Really I just threw a wide net and tried to look at a ton of likely possibilities. I'd love to see Gorea from Metroid Prime: Hunters, Emperor Bulblax from Pikmin, Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and a bunch more third party bosses like Dracula and Rathalos. I really like the concept that while the rest of the game focuses on the Nintendo-fighting-game aspect, Spirits could be all about fighting through iconic enemies and series in gaming history. Classic fighting game enemies, stuff like Diablo and a Baron of Hell, you name it.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I made a video talking about potential bosses (as well as what we might see from Minecraft) recently!

Really I just threw a wide net and tried to look at a ton of likely possibilities. I'd love to see Gorea from Metroid Prime: Hunters, Emperor Bulblax from Pikmin, Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and a bunch more third party bosses like Dracula and Rathalos. I really like the concept that while the rest of the game focuses on the Nintendo-fighting-game aspect, Spirits could be all about fighting through iconic enemies and series in gaming history. Classic fighting game enemies, stuff like Diablo and a Baron of Hell, you name it.
I'm impressed with all those very intriguing choices you chosen right there. Really shows you put alot thoughts into it! Though I feel I should note that Code Name S.T.E.A.M. isn't a 3rd Party franchise, it's a 1st Party one.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I'm impressed with all those very intriguing choices you chosen right there. Really shows you put alot thoughts into it! Though I feel I should note that Code Name S.T.E.A.M. isn't a 3rd Party franchise, it's a 1st Party one.
Yeah it was in that section as a "franchise not in Smash" not as third party. Woops!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really love the idea of facing the 6 hunters Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel at once. That'd be unique and very interesting. Kind of like my idea of facing General Scales w/ King RedEye. :)

It'd also be in a good way to promote Metroid Prime 4 as Sylux is rumored to be the main antagonist and the boss battle before fighting them could have Sylux leading the other five.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I really love the idea of facing the 6 hunters Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel at once. That'd be unique and very interesting. Kind of like my idea of facing General Scales w/ King RedEye. :)

It'd also be in a good way to promote Metroid Prime 4 as Sylux is rumored to be the main antagonist and the boss battle before fighting them could have Sylux leading the other five.
I was thinking of it either like that or one after another, like Kanden screwing with your screen, Weavel using his turret form, Spire burning you, Noxus freezing you, Trace being invisible and hard to track down, and then Sylux as the final piece stealing your health.

It'd be super hype but I'd be a sad sad boy cuz I want Sylux as DLC closer to MP4's release.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was thinking of it either like that or one after another, like Kanden screwing with your screen, Weavel using his turret form, Spire burning you, Noxus freezing you, Trace being invisible and hard to track down, and then Sylux as the final piece stealing your health.

It'd be super hype but I'd be a sad sad boy cuz I want Sylux as DLC closer to MP4's release.
At the same time I wouldn't doubt Sylux being possible DLC to promote the game. Same reason I expect we'll get a Three Houses FE character and Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC as well. Maybe even Sora too for Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
At the same time I wouldn't doubt Sylux being possible DLC to promote the game. Same reason I expect we'll get a Three Houses FE character and Gen 8 Pokemon as DLC as well. Maybe even Sora too for Kingdom Hearts III.
It's so hard to say cuz every time we think we understand where Sakurai's mind is at it seems to shift. I wouldn't be surprised to see long-time fan requests get into the launch roster and then more relevant characters get in as DLC though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's so hard to say cuz every time we think we understand where Sakurai's mind is at it seems to shift. I wouldn't be surprised to see long-time fan requests get into the launch roster and then more relevant characters get in as DLC though.
That's a good point there.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not going to suggest bosses for series I'm not all that familiar with:

:ultmario: - Petey Piranha returning, minus the cage stuff he used in the SSE. Maybe King Boo, too. Would love to see some Paper Mario bosses (Magnus von Grapple?), though it's pretty unlikely.
:ultdk: - Tiki Tong makes the most sense, and Lord Frederik could work too. Maybe the Cactus King, given that DK's new Final Smash references Jungle Beat?
:ultpikachu: - Rayquaza, transforming into Mega Ray mid-fight. Otherwise Ultra Necrozma. The rest of the Ultra Beasts should be stage hazards in an Ultra Space Stage, a la Palkia or Zekrom.
:ultlink: - Helmaroc King, King Dodongo, one of the Blight Ganons, a guardian, a silver lynel etc. Any iconic or relevant boss/enemy really. Until we know more about Spirits, I don't think we can definitively say that bosses have to be major antagonists in a series.
:ultolimar: - Plasm Wraith. The Titan Dweevil would also be cool, but I'd rather see it as part of Louie's final smash if he gets in as an echo.
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio would be great boss material. Not that there are many other options, really. Just as long as the salmonids appear as regular enemies in Spirits mode.
:ultwario: - The Golden Diva for some much needed Wario Land representation
:ultvillager: - Uhh ... Giga Resetti?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here’s some ideas for the table (it’s not my video)

Oh I can point out one idea did anybody point out whispy woods yet it’s always been the first boss in every Kirby game

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Any boss that is the size of a normal character is a complete waste in my opinion.

A boss basically has to have an entire moveset of a normal, fully playable character. So if the character is already normal-sized, is mobile, and has a full moveset, why wouldn't you just make them a playable character instead of a boss?

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Any boss that is the size of a normal character is a complete waste in my opinion.

A boss basically has to have an entire moveset of a normal, fully playable character. So if the character is already normal-sized, is mobile, and has a full moveset, why wouldn't you just make them a playable character instead of a boss?
I don't necessarily agree with that. I think there's a whole different world of programming and planning that goes into making a boss even if they're normal size. You don't need to worry about balancing, don't need to make a FULL moveset only what is needed for the fight, and maybe the character just doesn't work as playable for reasons like their best attacks have them go into the background or fly around or their built-in moves don't translate well to Smash. For example, Heihachi could very well be playable, but I think in the past Sakurai has said working the Tekken fighting style into Smash didn't quite work, so maybe instead Heihachi becomes a boss where it's okay to play with the formula.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Black Knight
-Deathborn
-Dr. Eggman
-General Scales w/ King RedEye
-Giratina or Necrozma
-Hades
-Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel
-King Boo
-Majora/Skull Kid
-Marx
-Metal Gear REX
-Tiki Tong

Pretty much all the bosses I want to see in this game.

Then throw in Dracula, Rathatos and the supposed original final boss and that'd be 15 bosses. Seems like a good rounded number for them. ;)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Okay, so looks like bosses are relegated to Adventure Mode, no surprise there.

More surprised that the Brawl OC bosses are returning.

Back when Rathalos was revealed, they said it was the FIRST character to be both a boss, and an assist trophy. Which implies there might be more...

So which other ATs do we think might also be bosses? Mother Brain? Nightmare? Dr. Wily?

Also, we've seen the giant wing thing that is presumably the final boss. Guesses as to what it's true form is?
A. Tabuu
B. Master Core
C. One of Kirby's many cosmic horror final bosses
D. Giygas
E. A brand new dumb Smash OC

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Also, we've seen the giant wing thing that is presumably the final boss. Guesses as to what it's true form is?
A. Tabuu
B. Master Core
C. One of Kirby's many cosmic horror final bosses
D. Giygas
E. A brand new dumb Smash OC
The website calls it Galeem so seems like E with the possibility of a final super fight with someone else.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The website calls it Galeem so seems like E with the possibility of a final super fight with someone else.
Bleh. E is the worse option. I hope that it's actually a character from another game, just the Galeem form is a disguise.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Since Galleom returned and Petey Piranha attacks like it does in Brawl in Piranha Plants' Final Smash, I think all of the Brawl bosses might return.
Seems likely. And fits with the "EVERYONE IS HERE!" theme.

I just hope we get more than a few new ones as well.-

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Bleh. E is the worse option. I hope that it's actually a character from another game, just the Galeem form is a disguise.
Gosh, people like you are so boring.

All the original stuff from Brawl was lovely.
Seeing Galleom return is what got me the most excited during the last direct!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Gosh, people like you are so boring.

All the original stuff from Brawl was lovely.
Oh my god it is THE WORST **** IN SMASH BROS!

Tabuu is EVERY goddamn generic fighting game final boss where it's just like "Yeah, it's another liquid metal naked bald guy"! And Galleom and Duon are just dumb generic robots.

Contrast that to using an actual character from a real series that has an actual history and personality? **** you and your boring.

Last edited:

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice

Tabuu is EVERY goddamn generic fighting game final boss where it's just like "Yeah, it's another liquid metal naked bald guy"! And Galleom and Duon are just dumb generic robots.

Contrast that to using an actual character from a real series that has an actual history and personality? **** you and your boring.
Whats wrong with liquid metal naked bald guys?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I really hope Tabuu does make it in. Trying and trying to fight him and beat him at the end of subspace is a really nostalgic memory for him. His attacks had really unique flair to them, and his theme was god-tier.

DUN DUN

DUN DUN

DUN DUN

DU-NAH-NAH-NUH-NAH-NUH

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

You strike me as a person who sees something they recognize and starts clapping.

"WOW!! I know that!!" *clap* *clap*

Me, I wanna see them devs come up with stuff noones ever seen before.
The rest of the series is already nothing but nods and references.

I'm very fond of a mix of familiar and something strange and never seen before. That's just whats so neat about SSE.

Tabuu isn't the most interesting, but the rest is delightfully weird.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Me, I wanna see them devs come up with stuff noones ever seen before.
Then go play one of the other 99% of games where playing things that were in other games isn't the entire point.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still pulling for Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel as boss(es) who you fight all at once.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

48:15

The werewolf (probably the others from the stage was well.) from castlevania

Balder from Bayonetta

King Bulbin fromZelda

Maybe bosses but could be spirits as well though I’m gonna wager spirits

I have a theory though to recruit Ridley to the team it will be the boss fight from Subspace Emissary but with the ultimate render then shrinks down to playable size for you know.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Found out today that in Classic mode, each characters final boss is a real boss character instead of everyone just ending fighting Master Hard. That is awesome and I hope it means lots of bosses in this game.

The only one's I saw were Wolf's final boss being Galleom(because the theme of his Classic mode is returning Brawl characters), and Rathalos for Duck Hunt(whose theme is fighting other animals).

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've seen Mario's, who I won't spoil, and Duck Hunt's, who is Rathalos (we've known Rath is in the game for a while).

Seeing Mario's makes me hopeful that other series will have special, unrevealed bosses.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario faces Bowser at the end of his Classic mode run. However, after Bowser gets KO'd, he reappears and changes into Giga Bowser. I'm not sure if you have to raise the intensity to face Giga Bowser though, but he does appear to still operate like a standard fighter. However, he never jumps, and will sometimes delay his next attack. Also, Giga Bowser is immune to knockback, and uses the same health bar as Galleom.

Known attacks include the f-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, Flying Slam, Whirling Fortress, and Bowser Bomb.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Found out today that in Classic mode, each characters final boss is a real boss character instead of everyone just ending fighting Master Hard. That is awesome and I hope it means lots of bosses in this game.

The only one's I saw were Wolf's final boss being Galleom(because the theme of his Classic mode is returning Brawl characters), and Rathalos for Duck Hunt(whose theme is fighting other animals).
So, everyone gets their own final boss to face in Classic Mode? I've been hoping for this since Smash 64, but as a sort of secret final stage after Master Hand, rather than instead of him. It's kinda bittersweet for me to see Master Hand forced out of the role he's held for so long.

Also, I wonder what this means for the Boss Battles mode. Perhaps unlocking it will require beating all of the bosses, which means beating World of Light and beating Classic Mode with several characters (maybe not all of them, but enough of them to cover all of the bosses).

Finally... how did you get to see that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom