• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses in Smash Switch?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Like, whats the biggest, baddest monster you actually fight in-battle sequence with in Fire Emblem?

Is there a final boss that rides a dragon that would make a good Smash boss?
I guess I forgot to mention the final bosses.

Anyway, the final bosses in the Fire Emblem games is always a Dragon in some form. Whatever it be a Manakete (that’s the official name of the Dragonkin Gallowglass mention), a person possessed by a Dragon, a enormous godlike being very alike a Dragon, a tyrannical king riding an actual (but feral) Dragon, or... is just an enormous Dragon. Actually there is only two Fire Emblem games that the final boss isn’t a/doesn’t have ties to a Dragon in any which way.

Personally, if I had to choose a FE final boss to be a boss in Smash Bros., I would probably pick the final boss of Path of Radiance, The Mad King: Ashnard -

He would definitely make for a menacing, intimidating opponent & would show why he is called the Mad King, especially once he pull out his trump card. Also, because he isn’t exactly a huge spoiler unlike most of the other FE final bosses.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would love to see Dr. Eggman (in the Egg Viper), Necrozma, Zero (from the Kirby series), Medeus (or alternatively Anankos or Velezark), and Andross (in his floating head form from Star Fox 64) appear as bosses.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Like, whats the biggest, baddest monster you actually fight in-battle sequence with in Fire Emblem?

Is there a final boss that rides a dragon that would make a good Smash boss?
Final boss riding a dragon? Ashnard.

Final boss that is a dragon? There's several: namely, there's Medeus, Duma, Idoun, that generic fire dragon from Blazing Blade, Grima (sort of; you don't fight the actual dragon, you fight his human avatar... long story), Anankos (who admittedly is less "dragon" and more "WTF mask monster" when you fight him), and Velezark.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since the other thread got locked. May as well list down bosses I want to see.

-Deathborn
-Dyna Blade or Kracko
-General Scales w/ King RedEye
-Hades (As a recurring antagonist and among the masterminds behind the story)

Last edited:

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
My most wanted is Balder from the Bayonetta series. He'd make an amazing boss, but frankly that doesn't even matter. What matters is getting You May Call Me Father, the greatest video game music piece of all time, into Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two others I'd like to see is King Boo from Super Mario Bros. and Nightmare from Kirby. Considering the theme of Spirits. They both seem to fit in very well.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since Rathatos shows Assist Trophies can be bosses. I'd like to see Waluigi as one for a joke similar to the Electrocutioner and Mysterio. Waluigi gets build up to being seemingly this very challenging boss and then in one hit by the player goes down. :laugh:

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Liquid Snake in Metal Gear REX is all I want. Get Cam Clarke to do some new lines and it will be golden.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
:ultluigi: King Boo - Assuming we wouldn't just get Petey Piranha again, he'd be an obvious new choice for a Mario boss.
:ultkirby: Marx or Magolor - I'm betting Bandana Dee will be the big newcomer for the Kirby series, so let's make one of the other most likely candidates a boss!
:ultpikachu: One of the Ultra Beats - Haven't decided which, but any of them would make a good boss.
:ultness: Giygas - Not sure how fighting a big red mist monster would work. I just always wanted to see how he'd look in 3D.
:ultolimar: Plasm Wraith - Probably my first choice for a Pikmin boss that isn't a type of Bulborb.
:ultlittlemac: King Hippo - He's arguably the most iconic of Mac's opponents and large enough to be a good boss.
:ultinkling: DJ Octavio - Flying on his robotic DJ stage, of course.
:ultsonic: Dr. Eggman - He could be piloting any of the mechs from his old boss fights. I don't care which one. (tho I prefer the classic Death Egg Robot)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
King Boo also especially fits being how spirits are involved and all that. Same reason for Hades whose nature is devouring souls.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Considerering the Ridley boss fight in brawl is literally a reskined dynablade kirby battle. I think it be really cool if dynablade was a boss fight in ultimate.

Besides imagine how beautiful this model would be in hd 3d.
Kar_dynablade.jpg

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If Geno get's in, I would like to see Smithy from Super Mario RPG as a boss in Spirits.
Hmm, I feel like Exor is the more iconic boss from that game. In true Square RPG fashion, you don't really meet Smithy until the very end of the game, whereas Exor is right there on the cover and looms over you for the entire game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hmm, I feel like Exor is the more iconic boss from that game. In true Square RPG fashion, you don't really meet Smithy until the very end of the game, whereas Exor is right there on the cover and looms over you for the entire game.
Exor would be a awesome boss too.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That didn't stop Square from making Cloud of Darkness and Ultimecia playable in Dissidia, rather than Xande and Edea.

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
King Boo would be an ideal choice for Luigi. Giovanni as a gym leader style boss would be super cool, and the HP of each of his Pokémon could be displayed on a screen in the background (like in the anime). After all, bosses don’t need to have huge models to be effective.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That didn't stop Square from making Cloud of Darkness and Ultimecia playable in Dissidia, rather than Xande and Edea.
Because Final Bosses was kind of the point of that game. I think Kuja was the only one that wasn't the actual final boss of his game.

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
If Isaac gets in, I'd be all for Saturos and Menardi showing up as bosses.

If not them, then at least Alex as an antagonist.

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
I never understood why so many people want Kracko. I get that he's an iconic, recurring Kirby boss, but he's not much of a character. That's almost like wanting the Whispy Woods to be the Kirby boss. It just seems like a waste.

Wouldn't you rather have a legitimate villain? Like Zero, in all his disturbing glory?

Last edited:

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario: Petey Piranha, King Boo, Wart, Fawful
Donkey Kong: Lord Fredrik
The Legend of Zelda: Vaati, Majora, Gohma
Metroid: Omega Metroid,
Pokemon: Ultra Necrozma, Rayquaza
Kirby: Kracko, Whispy Woods
Earthbound: Porky
Fire Emblem: Medeus, Anankos
Kid Icarus: Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Thanatos
Xenoblade: Artifice Ophion

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Let me kill Metal Gear REX/RAY, an all-terrain tank that can launch a ****ing nuclear missile from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world as Pichu and we're fine.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Because Final Bosses was kind of the point of that game. I think Kuja was the only one that wasn't the actual final boss of his game.
Kuja and Golbez, actually. And maybe Gabranth, I dunno.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kraid
-With his brand new updated model, as well as Ridley possibly no longer being the big bad representing Metroid for bosses, Kraid would be an ideal candidate as a boss. Shooting his belly spikes and nails as projectiles as well as using powerful swipes with his claws.

Giga Bowser
-Giga Bowser's debut came as a Boss in Smash being a final battle in both Adventure mode and the Event Matches. And he seems a lot bigger this time around. He could be pretty neat as a boss fight in this new story mode.

Ganon
-A callback to OoT with his beastly form wielding his massive swords. I feel like his new model in Ganondorf's final smash would be wasted to just that.

Mega Rayquaza
-A returning face as a Smash boss, but he's coming back with an upgrade. Could make for an interesting two phase boss fight, or perhaps a two parter similar to Ridley/Meta-Ridley in SSE. Would be a neat way to show off mega evolution in a boss fight.

With Rathalos (and possibly Dracula) having multiple roles as bosses and assists/stage hazards...I do see it as possible that my former three choices could be made into bosses, especially since there's a decent amount of work put into them.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Eggman
Porky
Dark Lord Gaol/Thanatos/Orcos
Gyarados (just want this for some reason)
Vaati
King Hippo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one who wants Waluigi as a joke boss? My idea is that he gets built up to be this challenging boss but then goes down in one hit by the player like how Electrocutioner in Arkham Origins and Mysterio in one of the Spider-Man games did. :joyful:

D

Deleted member

I had a few ideas for bossess:
#1: Ganon (Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild)
#2: Mother Brain (Super Metroid)
#3: The final form of Necrozma (Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)
#4: Metal Face (Xenoblade Chronicles)
#5: A Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid)
EDIT: Changed #5 from Dracula to a Metal Gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I might update the OP now that we have a few bosses.

I’ll keep the original OP in an spoiler box in the bottom.

Besides just a list of the current bosses with pictures, what do you guys think i should put in the OP?

Top Bottom