Old rivalries live on!
- Sep 18, 2007
- Mushroom Kingdom
- 3DS FC
All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!
Yea…in fact, lemme change some assignments:Yveltal.
He's big, he's a villain, would be perfect.
I could see Team Rocket acting more like an AT especially now that you can damage them.I'm quite upset we don't have Team Rocket as a boss:
Even if we cannot get them as a character, there is no reason I'm not assaulted with dozens of stolen Pokeballs bombarding me.
Oh? Hmm, that could be interesting...If anyone wants to check out the boss creation contest, here's the link: https://smashboards.com/threads/sup...test-current-round-square-enix-bosses.485321/
Any particular reasons these guys fight the boss? (Aside from the obvious)
I too thought that Bell Tower should've been a stage to represent Gen 2, and a Ho-Oh battle would be great.Came up with a new boss idea recently; Ho-Oh.
View attachment 287588
Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)
What does the boss do?
- Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
- Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
- Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
- Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
- Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
- Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
- Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
- Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
- Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
- Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
- Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)
Setting/Intro: The top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.
Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.
Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
Music: Battle! Ho-Oh
- (preceded by )
- (team battle w/Pikachu) (Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
- (preceded by )
- (Round 6) (Let’s Hit the Climax!)