• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Ideas

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So besides the ones listed above, what other Pokémon bosses could work?
Besides Rayquaza, Necrozma would be another option. Guzzlord could also qualify as a boss, though it could end up being very cheap if it's able to 1-hit KO fighters by consuming them.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm quite upset we don't have Team Rocket as a boss:
Even if we cannot get them as a character, there is no reason I'm not assaulted with dozens of stolen Pokeballs bombarding me.

D

Deleted member

• Ultra Necrozma
  • Guzzlord
  • Shadow Lugia
  • Zero Two
  • Galacta Knight
  • Necrodeus
  • Kraid
  • Mother Brain
  • Hades
  • Antasma
  • Titan Dweevil
  • Andross
  • Porky
  • Metal Face
  • Dr Wily
  • Duon

TheSkillMythos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4208-5476-7796
Dr. Wily
Gigas (Devil Machine form)
King Boo
Zero (Kirby)
Ganon (Link to the Past)
Dr. Fetus
Moon Lord (Terraria)
Elite Four

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's are some boss ideas for my Smash Bros. Eternity story mode: Kingdom of New:
-Culex (Legend of the 7 Stars)
-King Zing (Diddy Kong's Quest)
-Stallord (Twilight Princess)
-Ferrocrusher (Metroid: Other M)
-Navel Piranha (Yoshi's Island)
-02 (Crystal Shards)
-Brain Andross (Star Fox 64)
-Guzzlord (Sun & Moon)
-Duon (Returning from Subspace)
-Mega Rayqauza (Returning from Subspace, but in Mega form)
-Galarkdem (Fusion of Galeem and Dharkon, maybe secret boss?)

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm quite upset we don't have Team Rocket as a boss:
Even if we cannot get them as a character, there is no reason I'm not assaulted with dozens of stolen Pokeballs bombarding me.
I could see Team Rocket acting more like an AT especially now that you can damage them.

There is a lot of bosses I would love to see.

Representation/Iconic
Andross (Starfox 64)
Giygas (Earthbound) Not sure how it would work but it would be epic
Zero (Kirby)
Dr. Wily
Dr. Robotnik
Mother Brain
Medusa
Grima (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Mechanically Interesting
Barba (Zelda 2)
Gohma
Saturos and Menardi (Golden Sun)
Rahu III (Custom Robo)

I know there is more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It would be quite epic to get a new batch of DLC's with a Boss rush Mode, in time for Halloween.

I understand many characters cannot be playable, but I certainly want the big bad from each series involved :(

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Fox/Falco - Andross
Pikachu - Raichu
PT - Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken
Link - Demise
Young Link - Majora
Sonic - Eggman
Shotos - Akuma
Little Mac - Mike Tyson

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Rayquaza would be my number one pick because
a) Pokemon not having a boss is a little weird
b) It would give Gen 3 some much needed representation outside of music, poke ball summons and spirits

It'd be different from Brawl's fight though as half way through, much like Dracula, Rayquaza would take on a second form and mega evolve

Though DJ Octavio, Porky and Eggman would be my runner up picks

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
There are plenty of bosses out there that would work but what I would really want is a few added mechanics.

Boss Mode
Similar to Brawl where you can fight the bosses outside the story mode but instead of just a random gauntlet you can choose which bosses to fight and scored on the individual battle rather than how many bosses you get through.

The other would be a mode where you control the boss against playable characters. Kind of like how you play Master Hand in the world of light fight. Though I'm not sure how well this mechanic would work among the other bosses.

Another Boss I'm actually surprise we haven't seen yet. So you're fighting Master Hand and you defeat him. It looks like victory is certain until Master hand rises up...

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Thought of more bosses:
Solaris (Sonic 06)
Titan Dweevil (Pikmin 2)
G.U.N Truck (Adventure and Generations)
Dalamadur (Monster Hunter 4)
Nightmare (from Metroid Other M and Fusion)
T.Rex (Mario Odyssey)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
King of the Storm/Nameless King (Dark Souls 3, but without blood!)

Attacks are mostly the same as the game of origin, but during the first phase, the Nameless King has an attack where he gets far away and shoots lightning bolts from his spear. A recovery item is provided between the two phases.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I just had a thought recently. There are unused boss icons in Smash 4, implying that we would see how much health they have at one point: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Unused_content_(SSB4)

So this got me curious to question a what-if scenario where in Smash 3DS/Wii U first, certain characters fought bosses thematically matching said characters instead of Master Hand. Here’s my potential list of which bosses fight what characters:

Viruses (3DS only): :4yoshi::4kirby::4ness::4drmario::4wiifit::4pacman:

Ridley (Wii U only): :4samus::4fox::4falco::4marth::4feroy::4zss::4duckhunt:

Metal Face (Wii U only)::4link::4sheik::4sonic::4rob::4shulk::4cloud:

Yellow Devil: :4pikachu::4olimar:/:4alph::4megaman:

Dark Lord (3DS only): :4peach::4link::4zelda::4marth::4robinm::4pit:

Last edited:

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Boss Concept: Ender Dragon from Minecraft!

As a little callback to the 'leaks' around this guy back when the game was in development. The ruler of the vile End! The Ender Dragon would provide a unique battle for her opponents

Arena: The battle, of course, takes place in The End. In the background you can make out Endermen and some obsidian pillars.

Attacks: The Ender Dragon constantly flying around in the background, only coming into the foreground to attack

1) Ram. Her most common attack, the Ender Dragon can choose to take flight and charge straight into you. Deals 30 damage and launches you straight upward. You can tell its coming when the ground flashes purple.

2) Magic Fireball. She will appear high up and shoot a purple fireball projectile down, which also leaves behind purple mist which acts as poison. The fireball itself does 5 damage and you take 2.5 damage a second when in the mist. A well timed hit, however, can reflect the projectile back at the Ender Dragon, stunning her and making her fall to the ground for you to get some damage in

3) Magic Breath. Flies in hovering just above the ground and spits purple fire at a diagonal down at you. Cannot hit you if you stand close enough to her. this is your chance to attack. The magic breath acts like the poison breath, dealing 5 damage a second. The mist can be pocketed and absorbed but not reflected. When released from pocket, acts like the fireball projectile. So you can use it to stun the dragon during another attack.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Came up with a new boss idea recently; Ho-Oh.

4133497B-1A96-468E-9461-0FBC232EAA32.png

Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

What does the boss do?
  • Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
  • Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
  • Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
  • Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
  • Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
  • Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
  • Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
  • Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
  • Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
  • Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
  • Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)

Setting/Intro: The top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.

Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
  • :ultpikachu: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultganondorf:
  • :ultmewtwo: (team battle w/Pikachu) (Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
  • :ultpokemontrainer: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultlucario:
  • :ultgreninja:
  • :ultcorrin:
  • :ultbayonetta: (Round 6) (Let’s Hit the Climax!)
Music: Battle! Ho-Oh

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I put this in a similar thread made by Perkilator Perkilator , but I think that thread is sorta kinda dead. So here it is.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's almost become a tradition of mine, whenever I contribute to a thread like this one, I do it with a Sonic-related thing. So without further ado...

Boss: Perfect Chaos
Series: Sonic
Debut: Sonic Adventure
Other notable appearances: Sonic Generations
Context: Long ago, the ancient Echidna tribe led by Pachacamac stormed the holy grounds of the Chao, which was where they held the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds-against Pachacamac's daughter Tikal's pleas to not do such a thing. But what happened happened, and Chaos-the mutated Chao creature inside of the Master Emerald-got angry at the world for doing such a thing. Murdering innocents in a thirst for power. Uncontrollably angry, he murdered the entire tribe, and would come out of the Master Emerald again and again, lifetime after lifetime.
When he broke free of the Master Emerald again, Dr. Robotnik used him for his own gain as his underling. He gave Chaos the Chaos Emeralds-each one giving him more strength and, consequentially, giving him more intimidating appearances.
When Chaos got all seven thanks to Robotnik, not even he could stop the uncontrollable beast that was Perfect Chaos. To defeat him, Sonic had to go Super and boost through the ruins of Station Square in order to take down the beast. Super Sonic flew across the water and spiraled around the inside of Chaos' center, coming out at the head and defeating him (but not without doing that same thing two more times.) Chaos learned the error of his ways, and he and Tikal rose to the afterlife.
(I wonder if I sound like Tikal explaining the lore of her tribe)

Music: Open Your Heart (Bentley Jones remix) (pretend it loops to the beginning before the end riff)
The fight starts with a short cutscene that opens on two buildings, surrounded by the flooded ruins of Station Square. The buildings are quickly swept out of the way and crash into the water below-behind them we see Chaos, who screams in pure, unbridled anger. He looks directly at the camera, and it zooms in on his incredibly fearsome green eye. Shot closes.

Phase 1
The first part of the boss works a bit differently from others in the series. Most happened on a flat plane or a Final Destination-like stage. This one, however, is a long stage that you have to traverse-think of it like a level in Subspace Emissary. You'll have to travel from left to right, and platform across cars and slabs of concrete that Chaos lifts from the ruins with his water (arms? legs?). In terms of obstacles, you'll need to dodge the debris (stop signs, cars, computers, concrete, what have you) and giant spheres of water that come from the right. The debris, depending on the object, will do some damage (11% for the weakest one, stop sign, and 16% for the strongest one, a car). Also, weaker objects will be faster, and stronger objects will be slower. If you're at the center of the screen, a car kills you at 100%. Knockback isn't the strong suit of the debris. Debris can be shielded, but it does massive shield damage, just as much as an uncharged Bowser down smash for cars, and a Mario back air for stop signs, with the damage getting increasingly strong with each object. The water spheres will trap you inside of them, and you'll have to mash out to regain control of your character. Mashing goes exactly the same as if you got egg laid by Yoshi or down thrown by K. Rool. The further you go, the more objects will be thrown at you in quick succesion. Once you get to the end of this platforming stage, you'll see Chaos face to face. Attack his horn enough to launch him into the next phase (20% horn health). After you do this, Chaos will scream in agony and trap you in a water sphere. This is a cutscene, so you can't get out no matter how hard you mash.

Phase 2
The sphere pops and lets you out above a piece of concrete that is the size and shape of Big Final Destination (the version you can use with five or more players). Chaos rises from the water and screams again. This next part is basically more like a traditional Smash Bros boss-except for the fact that Chaos doesn't have a hurtbox in this sequence (I'll explain how to attack him later). He has several different attacks in this phase, which are:
Raining Cats And Dogs-Make sure you're onstage for this attack! He brings down a splash of water that can't be avoided. It will instantly shove you down if you're in the air.
Hydro Hurricane-Chaos conjures up a hurricane from below you that soon encompasses the whole stage. You'll be in the eye, so unless you're near the blast zone, no need to worry about windboxes. However, tons of debris will fly your way from left and right, so dodge accordingly. But if you want to be risky, you can hit these back to Chaos! You'll want to use a long-range move or a disjoint though, as if you don't, you'll trade with the debris and that won't be fun. Don't worry if you can't time this correctly-you'll get another chance soon enough.
Chaos Beam Blast-Chaos bows its head-but it's not saying any prayers. Because when its head comes back up, it shoots a beam from its mouth! This beam travels vertically up the stage, splitting it in half! Not only will anyone hit die at 90%, but the stage will split and the pieces will diverge. This is remedied after one more attack.
Chaos Spear-Not sure if this is the official name, but it looks very similar to Shadow's attack of the same name, so that's what I'm calling it. Chaos shoots 7 purple spear-like energy objects towards the fighter, two at a time. While they are very fast, they are also pretty telegraphed, so as long as you keep a clear head you'll be fine.
Debris Demolish-This is your chance! Chaos will use his water to rise three pieces of debris into the air. After a few seconds, he'll throw them at you. While the pieces of debris are hovering, use an air attack to hit them back at Chaos! Chaos' horn is 60% health now, by the way, so you'll have to throw somewhere around 5 or 6 pieces of debris at him.
When you've taken out all of his health, Chaos screams in agony. Now he's angry!

Phase 3
The same as before, but with three major differences. For one, every attack will be faster. Two, Chaos will dodge any debris you send at him. And three, occasionally a Sonic Adventure character will fly by. This happens once every attack from Chaos. They will be glowing a certain color-purple, yellow, cyan, white, blue, red, and green. When you touch these characters (like you would Pauline and the band members in the New Donk City stage), a corresponding Chaos Emerald will come out of them and go to you, and as they do they form a sort of belt around you, more Emeralds being added each and every time. They will cheer you on as they run by. Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, and Tails will fly above you, so you'll have to go higher to get to them. If it's Sonic, Amy, Big, or Gamma, you'll just have to touch them on the ground, of course.
Once you have all seven Emeralds, it's time to take out that big drip, Super Sonic Style! Your character will glow like they're about to enter a Final Smash-but pressing the B button doesn't activate their specific Final Smash. Rather, a custom made one for this boss. (There will be a different one for Sonic which I'll go into in a bit).
Once activated, Sonic will run to your side and absorb the power of the Emeralds to become Super Sonic. Your character will just have a yellow sphere around them like Tails and Knuckles did in Sonic Heroes.
This triggers a cutscene where the fighter and Sonic are suddenly flying across the water, on dash panels and dodging attacks, towards Chaos. Once the two of them get to Chaos, they spiral up his body and come out the top, dissolving him into nothing but a large body of water. The fighter and Super Sonic have a unique team victory screen. Fade to white.
For Sonic's cutscene, it's the same but without the other character, and with his pal Tails (who also has a yellow sphere and a unique victory animation).

Fighters that take on Perfect Chaos in Classic Mode:
:ultsonic: (Obviously)
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1:(Her games are about killing gods (I think), and Chaos is an ancient water god, so yeah)
:ultgreninja:(He's a water type Pokemon)

:ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultincineroar:(Water is their weakness)
This is my first boss so I'd love to hear any and all feedback!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Death Egg Robot.png
Boss: Death Egg Robot

Game of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)

What does the boss do?
Piloting the Death Egg Robot, Eggman can be attacked even if the robot's claws are still up, but he will retaliate before you can wail on him for too long. The Death Egg Robot's size and design is based on its appearance in Sonic Mania.
  1. Egg Bomb: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman will send a small bomb with the Eggman emblem if the player is far away; it explodes in a small area (20%, medium knockback); when he's low on health, Eggman sends out three bombs
  2. Egg Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman extends the DER's claw (13%, OK knockback), with the arm around briefly able to be used as a platform
  3. Rocket Claw: Aiming for 3 seconds, Eggman shoots the DER's claw like a rocket at the player (15%, OK knockback)
  4. Eggman briefly hops to the other side of the arena (13%, OK knockback)
  5. Rocket Jump: Eggman flies to the top of the screen for 4 seconds while locking onto the player, then crashes down (26%, medium knockback); which way he faces when he lands is based on the direction the player faces during the 4-second aiming sequence
  6. Eggman stomps the player if they get too close (20%), burying them
  7. Electric Shield: Eggman raises an electric shield around the body of the Death Egg Robot for 3 seconds (10%, small knockback)
  8. Whenever the player gets too close and he looks like he's doing nothing, Eggman attacks by briefly raising a claw hand (7%, OK knockback)
  9. Eggman turns the robot around d and smacks the player behind him (8%, small knockback)
When Eggman is facing the opposite direction, the player can attack the DER's black rear and stun Eggman when enough damage is dealt; the stun period lasts about the same as other bosses with this.

The sound design for the Death Egg Robot's attacks resembles the Genesis Sonic games; specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Setting/Intro: The Death Egg, the iconic arena for the final battle of Sonic the Hedgehog 2; loosely based on its appearance in Sonic Generations. The intro is a mix of its intros in both games.

Defeat: The Death Egg Robot malfunctions and topples over, with Eggman quickly retreating in his Egg Mobile.

• :ultpeach:
  • :ultzss:
  • :ultdiddy: (team battle w/:ultdk::ultsonic:)
  • :ultsonic:
  • :ultwiifittrainer:
  • :ultridley:
Music: Death Egg Robot

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Any particular reasons these guys fight the boss? (Aside from the obvious)
  • Peach: Eggman kidnaps animals for Badnik batteries
  • Zero Suit Samus: The DER's claws
  • Diddy Kong: He and Donkey Kong came to Sonic's aid; Diddy helping a good guy against a bad guy is the main motif of Diddy's route
  • Wii Fit Trainer: The DER has a round body
  • Ridley: The Death Egg is a space station

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Giygas is my personal champion.
The concept around his fight would be that he has hard to comprehend attacks that are telegraphed poorly.
A quick indicator flashes on screen briefly. Giving a vague idea that something is going to happen. Then the player has to follow the vague sign to the best of their abilities. This can be something like a bubble popping up, telling you to shield. Or a small set of rectangles leading up, signifying platforms.

The routes he could fit would be Link, Luigi, Ness, Dark Samus, Bowser, Falco, Ganondorf, Pit, Lucas, Rosalina, Palutena, Ridley, Simon, and Sephiroth.

Obviously a lot of those characters have just fine bosses. Simon and Link for example already have Ganon and Dracula, two bosses who fit their series and theme just fine. A lot of these characters just use generic Master Hand fights though. So Giygas could help add some better theming on top of being an iconic villain.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Came up with a new boss idea recently; Ho-Oh.

View attachment 287588

Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

What does the boss do?
  • Ancient Power: Indicated by 水 (water), Ho-Oh summons an array of small rocks covered in scalding water, and tosses them down all at once wherever the player is, in a large area (15%, OK knockback)
  • Whirlwind: Indicated by 風 (wind), Ho-Oh fiercely blows away the player to the side opposite to itself.
  • Punishment: Ho-Oh glows in a rainbow-like gleam. However, it is baiting you to see if you attack it. If attacked (indicated by 罰 (punishment)), it counters with a two-wing slash. The power and knockback depend on the power of the previous attack.
  • Extrasensory: Indicated by 奇数 (odd), Ho-Oh fires a ball of psychic energy that homes in on the player, and explodes in a moderate area (13%, OK knockback)
  • Flame Charge: Indicated by 充電 (charge), Ho-Oh dashes to the other side, coated in flames (18%-22%, OK knockback)
  • Fire Blast: Indicated by 爆発 (blast), Ho-Oh shoots a ball of fire out of its mouth. Upon explosion (20%-25%, medium knockback), it forms a 大 shape.
  • Steel Wing: Indicated by 剣 (sword), Ho-Oh speeds forward in the blink of an eye, and slashes the player on the spot, almost like a katana (33%, far knockback)
  • Brave Bird: Indicated by 空 (sky), Ho-Oh sacrifices a small bit of health to charge straight towards the screen (24%, medium knockback). The move is similar to Ridley’s background attack from Brawl.
  • Sunny Day: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh sends out a mini-sun when its health falls below half, which slightly boosts the power of its fire-based attacks.
  • Solar Beam: Indicated by 日 (sun), Ho-Oh’s eyes glow as the mini-sun behind it aims a bright light at the player. After a few seconds, a huge ray of sunlight fires wherever the player is (30%, far knockback)
  • Sacred Fire: Indicated by 火事 (fire), Ho-Oh flies into the background and creates a spiral of fire from the center of the arena, just like in Melee and Brawl (43%, far knockback)

Setting/Intro: The top of Bell Tower, where it was fought in its original game. After a feather flutters, Ho-Oh appears from a giant light and appears to the right of the arena.

Defeat: Ho-Oh slowly dissipates into glimmers of light.

• :ultpikachu: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultganondorf:
  • :ultmewtwo: (team battle w/Pikachu) (Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia)
  • :ultpokemontrainer: (preceded by :ultmewtwo:)
  • :ultlucario:
  • :ultgreninja:
  • :ultcorrin:
  • :ultbayonetta: (Round 6) (Let’s Hit the Climax!)
Music: Battle! Ho-Oh
I too thought that Bell Tower should've been a stage to represent Gen 2, and a Ho-Oh battle would be great.
While we're at it, go ahead and add a Hoenn stage. At first, I thought Sky Pillar, but I think a travelling stage called "Hoenn Sea" that travels from Mosdeep (Ice Cave) to Ever Grande (Pokémon League) to Lilycove (Aqua Hideout) to Sootopolis to Slateport (Shipyard or beach) to the abandoned ship to Pacifidlog to Sky Pillar with a Rayquaza Boss Battle. Even as a bonus, have a very small chance to go to Mirage Island.

And I think that Bowser's Fury would make a great traveling stage in the future with Fury Bowser popping up every 90 seconds or so. Eventually, you'd the the opportunity to fight Fury Bowser head on. He would have a lot of HP, so he likely won't be defeated in one sitting, but once he's KOed, the player that landed the last hit gets one extra KO (like Ridley in Wii U), and he'd stop terrorizing the stage for the rest of the match.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
If we ever get Isaac can we get one of the Golden Sun bosses? Fusion Dragon?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Well, this seems like as good a place as any to drop my idea for the next Smash game's main antagonist.

Actually, it's more an idea of how to build up the antagonist as a credible villain that the Smash community would want to see defeated. In short, this villain would take inspiration from the Smash 4 Bayonetta debacle, except he would be broken on purpose, and far worse...

This new character, let's call him Cross, would embody everything the Smash community despises in an entirely original monstrosity. Cross would be an anime swordfighter with oppressive spammable projectiles, untouchable aerials, large and powerful smash attacks, easy 0-to-death combos, a safe and punishing counter/reflector and enough mobility to make it hard to even touch him. If you're going up against a Cross player with the slightest idea of what they're doing, there is no hope of victory unless you also play Cross.

To make matters worse, there's no way to avoid him. Random online battles will be densely populated with Cross players looking for easy wins, and Nintendo will start sponsoring tournaments only on the condition that Cross is not banned or nerfed in any way. Even if you try to ban Cross as a house rule and play without him, there's a small chance that Cross will randomly appear as a buffed level 9 CPU opponent and interfere with every multiplayer match until the console is reset. The only surefire way to avoid Cross is to downpatch to a version of the game without him.

Surely the Smash community would hate this character more than they've ever hated anything before. It might be enough to get them invested in a Smash sequel where they can defeat Cross at the end of the story campaign, especially if Nintendo pledges to nerf Smash Ultimate Cross once enough players beat said campaign.

Sorry about the nightmare scenario. I just really felt like talking about it.

toonito

Smash Ace
Kamek (:ultyoshi:)
Majora (:ultyounglink:)
Blue (:ultpokemontrainer:): uses :102::058::130: type advantages on
Mew (:ultmewtwo:)
Black Shadow (:ultfalcon:)
Hades (:ultpit:)
Zanza (:ultshulk:)
Big Boss (:ultsnake:)
Dr. Eggman (:ultsonic:)
Dr. Wily (:ultmegaman:)
M. Bison (:ultryu:)
Sephiroth (:ultcloud:)
Zoma, Psaro the Manslayer, Lord Rhapthorne, Calasmos (:ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2::ulthero:; the alt you pick corresponds with the final boss of the alt's home game)
Geese Howard (:ult_terry:)
Gruntilda (:ultbanjokazooie:)
Medeus
(:ultmarth:)
:ultkirby:(:ultkingdedede:)
:ultfox:(:ultwolf:)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
Grima (:ultrobin::ultchrom:)
:ultryu:(:ultken:)
Jubileus or Aesir (:ultbayonetta: depends on which Bayo alt you pick)
:ultsamus:(:ultridley:)
:ultmario:(:ultbowser::ultpiranha:)
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy: Giga Bowser
Bowser, Bowser Jr, Wario.: Mario
Yoshi: Kamek
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong: King K Rool
King K Rool: Donkey Kong
Link, Sheik, Zelda: Ganon
Young Link: Skull Kid
Toon Link: Toon Ganondorf
Ganondorf: Link
Samus, Zero Suit Samus: Meta Ridley (big)
Dark Suit Samus, Ridley: Samus
Kirby, Meta Knight: Emperor DeDeDe (new)
King DeDeDe: Kirby
Little Mac: Giga Mac
Fox, Falco: Wolf
Wolf: Fox
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff: Mewtwo
Lucario, Greninja, Incineroar: Rayquaza
Mewtwo: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer: Blue (Gyarados, Growlithe, Exeggcute; type advantages in this battle are on)
Captain Falcon: Black Shadow
Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena: Medusa
Ness, Lucas: Porky
Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fat Trainer (made up, out of shape WFT)
Shulk: Zanza
Pac Man: Big Ghost
Simon: Dracula
Snake: Metal Gear
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Mega Man: Dr. Wily
Ryu: M. Bison
Ken: Ryu
Bayonetta: Baldur
Cloud: Sephiroth
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda
Terry Bogard: Geese Howard

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
My main issue with the Mii fighters is that they dont have a classic mode, while I cant think of one in my head I do know how to end it

Deep in the realm of final destination your final oppnent awaits, Wait is that a clone of you, yes it is and this clone has all your moves and costumes, it's you against you and only one will win

This doppelganger after initial defeat begins to float and shake violently before his face is removed and his body disintegrates, from the smoke is the body of a foe from a recent world

THE DARK LORD (MIITOPIA)
As the final boss of all of the mii fighter's classic mode he uses his powers for good use

Basic attacks and abilities
Wrapping his hands in dark matter and covering the stage in dark lightning, this can cause dizziness if connecting

He creates a vortex to summon the Imp enemy, with faces from your mii maker data, Imps are weak but they can swarm you easily with their constant dive bombs

The Dark Lord puts darkness in your heart causing shadow doppelgangers to spawn, they act like the fighting mii team

The Dark Lord has soem esclusive attacks depending on which Mii Class you pick

Mii Brawler
Dark Lord create a marionette of dark energy and tries to snag you and the Dark Lord makes you hit yourself if connecting

Dark Lord slams down creating a shockwave

From the left the Dark Lord rains dark magic from his left hand while his right hand tries to punch you

Mii Gunner
The Dark Lord gained a scepter

The Dark Lord creates powerful shockwaves from his scepter

The Dark Lord proceeds to create a ton of elemental projectiles, fast fire balls, large electric balls, and a ice wave

The Dark Lord uses his Scepter to absorb the Miis he create to restore his health or suck you up and shoot dark magic when your captured

Mii Swordfighter
Dark Lord gains a pitchfork

He cam create pitchforks which can rain from the sky in a pattern on one side while he drills down on the other side

He hides in the shadows for a powerful stealth attack before coming out

Dark Lord the finnaly creates a vortex with the Pitchfork and tries to suck you up

Finnaly the Dark Lord dissipates and his face only remains, you asord the dark energy from this face and you launch a purifying wave and win the classic mode

What do you think, anyway to expand it and make it more creative, do you like the concept?

AnimaChaos13

Smash Rookie
What about these? (I have an idea that both the light realm and the dark realm could have seven bosses each instead of three, with some of them being fought in either expanded sub-areas that don't have a boss, or in an entirely new area
  • DJ Octavio (Splatoon) (Would utilize Inkling's ink mechanic) (Will be fought in an expanded Power Plant)
  • Rayquaza (Pokemon) (Returning) (Phase 1 could be in its regular form, while phase 2 could have it mega evolve) (Will be fought in a new area in the mountains near the temple of light and the space section, based on Mt. Silver and M.t Coronet from the pokemon games)
  • Akuma (Street Fighter) (A smaller boss would be interesting, plus he could transform into Oni halfway into the fight) (Will be fought in the world tour area, although it will be expanded into having a sub-sub area based on the Japanese stages from Street Fighter (specifically Suzaku Castle)
  • Mother Brain (Metroid) (Another transforming boss, phase 1 has her be stationary, recreating the fight from the first metroid game a bit, while phase 2 has it turn into that creepy dinosaur form, maybe have it jump into the background at the start of phase 2?) (Will be fought in an area in the dark realm based on various space stations in video games (Specifically from Metroid and Star Fox)
  • Grima (Fire Emblem) (The fight takes place on the dragon's back, and it could play out as a multi-man smash, with a Grima-possessed Robin appearing after every 25 enemies (the enemies being Risen), while Grima attacks the player from the background. KOing Robin will deal significant damage to Grima, depending on how much damage you dealt to Robin) (Will be fought in an area in the Dark realm based on a desert battlefield littered with weapons)
  • Death Egg Robot or Perfect Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog) (I'm a little conflicted over which of these two bosses to pick. On one hand, the Death Egg Robot is iconic. But on the other hand, I envisioned the fight with Perfect Chaos playing out like a platforming level, where the player has to traverse short platforming segments during the fight before being able to deal damage, which would make the fight unique. Honestly, I have no idea over which one I would like, so I may need some help with choosing.) (Will be fought in an area within the dark realm based on various amusement and industrial levels from the Sonic games, specifically Casino Night, Studiopolis, and Eggmanland)
  • The Demon Tide (Kingdom Hearts) (Plays out as a multi-man smash, like with the Grima fight (with the enemies being Shadow Heartless), except the swarm does fight the player in the foreground most of the time, only retreating to the background to use specific attacks) (Will be fought in an area within the dark realm that is a fusion between Persona 5's Mementos and Kingdom Hearts' World That Never Was)
As of this writing, I am having trouble coming up with one more boss, so I would not mind some ideas from everyone else.
As for who will fight who in Classic mode...
  • Rayquaza: :ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultbylethf:
  • DJ Octavio: :ultinkling::ultminmin
  • Akuma: :ultryu::ultkazuya:
  • Mother Brain: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultfox::ultzss::ultolimar::ultisabelle:
  • Grima: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ulthero::ultsteve:
  • Death Egg Robot/Perfect Chaos: :ultsonic::ultmegaman:
  • Demon Tide: :ultpit::ultsora:

D

Deleted member

Here is my top 5 bosses that i want the most for smash 6,you can also see which fighter fights the boss in classic mode.
.Shadow Kirby: :ultkirby: :ultlucina:(team battle w/:ultchrom:):ultmetaknight:(Amazing Mirror Medley(Kirby Fighters 2)):ultridley::ultswordfighter:
.Magician Type 0::ultbowser:(Must defeat :ultmario: first):ultgnw::ultrobin:/:ultrobinf::ultryu::ultpiranha:
.King Boo::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpichu:(Round 6):ultkingdedede::ultgreninja::ultpacman:
.Trio Team Rocket::ultpikachu::ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer:(Must defeat:ultmewtwo:first):ultdiddy:(team battle w/:ultdk::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer:):ultolimar::ultlucario:
.Heihachi Mishima::ultdk::ultdaisy:(team battle w/:ultluigi:):ultlittlemac::ultincineroar:(Round 6,team battle w/:ultgreninja:):ult_terry::ultkazuya::ultbrawler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom