• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer Matchup Discussion

MrEh

Smash Hero
Let's face it, we really need a good Bowser Matchup thread. Bowser is still pretty much a joke to most players, even though he's gotten considerable buffs from his Melee days. Therefore, we really need some discussion to see exactly how good/bad he is. Yes, he's bad, but he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

I think this works in a pretty simple manner. We discuss the characters one by one and try to decide, as a whole, how well Bowser fares against them. This also helps the community as a whole.

The Sexy Matchup List

Matchup Key (format shamelessly stolen from the awesome Wario boards)

Green and a + means that Bowser is in an advantageous matchup.
Blue and a = means that Bowser is in an even or near-even matchup.
Red and a - means that Bowser is at a disadvantage.
Yellow means the matchup needs to be discussed.
Purple and a >< means you're fighting a Dedede.
Orange means you're fighting an Ike

Bowser = 50-50
No discussion needed really.

Captain Falcon + 60-40
Bowser's tilts and jabs essentially stop most of Falcon's ground aproaches, and Bowser's normally defensive based game can stop some of Falcon's aerial aproaches using well timed tilts, Fortresses and Fire. His Fire Breath is awesome in this matchup, since it completely shuts Falcon down. Overall, this is one of Bowser's better matchups. Don't get careless though, a good Falcon can still bring the pain to you, so don't expect this to be a cakewalk. Always watch out for Falcon's air attacks, like his Uair and especially the Knee. Take care not to get spiked as well.

Charizard = 50-50
Fighting Charizard is as close as you can get to fighting another Bowser. Most Charizards use the same defensive playstyle that Bowser is known for. It's all about waiting for you to take the first action, and they'll counterattack accordingly. Charizard's FTilt and DTilt have good range and knockback, so you'll need to watch out for that. It wouldn't surprise me if a Bowser and a Charizard spent all day clashing tilts with one another. Watch out for Charizard's long grab range. You definitely don't want Charizard to grab you, since he has a decent grab release. Always make sure to mix up your game, since this sort of match will probably be neck to neck. Mix up your tilts with jabs and the occasional Klaw. Always remember that the sooner you get predictable, the sooner Charizard will start punishing you. Also, watch out for Charizard's Fair. Bowser is gimptastic, and Charizard will not hesitate to edgeguard, since he has a good recovery. All in all, this is a pretty even matchup. Bowser is heaver, stronger, and has faster tilts. On the other hand, Charizard has aerial priority, a better recovery, and can gimp Bowser easier then Bowser can gimp him.

Diddy Kong - 25-75
This match is bananas, pun intended. A good Diddy can control the stage with bananas, and Bowser has no way to deal with this. The only good I can see from this matchup is that Bowser's ground game can out prioritize Diddy's, but that really doesn't matter when Diddy can completely shut you down by simply chucking a banana. This is one hard matchup for Bowser, and the only advice I can give is to play a bit more aggressively then normal. The normally defensive Bowser will utterly fail against Diddy, who has Bananas and Peanuts to approach with. The only realistic way I see to win the match is to get in Diddy's face and keep the pressure on him with your tilts and jabs. Remember, the more time you spend in Diddy's face, the less chances he has to pull out bananas. Good luck with this though, since a good Diddy player will always have bananas out. If anything, you can try to gimp Diddy's Rocketbarrel Boost with your Fire if you want a quick KO. If he's trying to recover anywhere below the ledge, then the fire can gimp his recovery and he won't be able to use another Rocketbarrel Boost in time to reach the ledge. But let's face it, that's very unlikely to happen, but it sure is funny.

Donkey Kong - 20-80
Donkey Kong is a terrible matchup for Bowser. DK's tilts outrange Bowser's and they come out fast to boot. Due to Bowser's weight, DK could combo Bowser with repeating Utilts and Dtilts, which racks up damage fairly quick. Since DK is also freakishly strong, he can still kill Bowser at low percentages despite Bowser's large weight. To make matters even worse for Bowser, DK also has very good air game in the form of is Bair and Uair. DK has no problems approaching Bowser either, since he can simply use his Bairs to approach you, and there's really nothing you can do about it. The Bair has too much range for you to shield-grab or to Fortress out of, so you're at a severe disadvantage. Also, DK's Giant Punch is so manly that Bowser simply cannot cope with it. It's super armor frames can be abused to kill you in insane situations, and it can be used out of a Headbutt for a very mean combo. Don't even get me started about his grab-into-spike throws.

Falco
We'll deal with this whenever we decide to get to it.

Fox
Currently discussing.

Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Ike
He fights for his friends eh? (will be discussed seriously at a later date)

Ivysaur
Jigglypuff
King Dedede >< YOU ARE SCREWED
Dedede can infinite grab Bowser to death. You are screwed.

Kirby
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Weegee
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Ness
Peach
Campachu
Captain Olimar
Pit
R.O.B.
Samus - 30-70
The matchup has already been discussed right here. While Bowser is very heavy and Samus lacks good killing ability, Samus still has some awesome advantages against Bowser. Ultimately, she outranges Bowser in nearly every way imaginable. She can shoot both types of Missiles at Bowser to wear him down and force him to go on the offensive. Plus, her Zair is absolutely sexy. Her Zair stops nearly every approach that Bowser has due to it's long range. Plus, Bowser's huge size makes it very easy to hit. Since Bowser really has no way to deal with Samus's campy playstyle, she has a clear advantage.

Shiek
Chuck Norris
Sonic
Squirtle
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Yoshi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus

Matchup #5: Fox

Fox is a laughable Falco.
Discuss.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay well, bowser isnt bad. Also, who doesn't have an advantage over falcon? Seriously though just space with tilts and ftilt and its mostly cake. I might try to meet and ariel aproach with a shorthopped sideb other than that go on bowser auto pilot and win the game.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Also, who doesn't have an advantage over falcon?.
Another Falcon. :laugh:

Seriously though just space with tilts and ftilt and its mostly cake
I think most Bowser players will agree that Bowser's tilts win the game against Falcon. While it's clear that Bowser has the advantage against Falcon, but I have no idea exactly how much of an advantage he has. It doesn't seem like a glaring advantage though.

The Falcon board seems to think that Bowser has something like a 60-40 advantage over Falcon, and that seems about right.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I recommend staying away from a Falcon when he tries to recover, considering how one Raptor Boost (Side-B move) spike can take out a Bowser regardless of damage... unless you were hit from a high place. However, feel free to make Edgehog attempts when neccessary.
Speed is basically almost the only problem Bowser will have against him... well that and he's vulnerable to comboes due to his size. Try to keep an eye out for Falcon punches. The moves that would KO Bowser quickly is the Falcon Punch, sweetspotted Knee, and Both Falcon Spikes (Side-B and D-air).

To me, Falcon isnt hard if you can predict his fast movement. BTW, NEVER use Bowser Bomb on, unless you want to be vulnerable to Falcon Punch or knee... Unless you are trying to aim it at the edge, and for your sake, let's hope he doesnt edgehog that edge you were going for, or miss and get kneed. As for Bowser breath, I wouldnt recommend it for the same reason as the Bowser Bomb... getting Falcon Punched.

And MrEh, for my sakes, change the angel's name back to Pit. He (I mean "I") dont feel safe when Pit gets offended that badly. Im not a bad Pit anyways -_-
It's like Nitros14 wanting "Bowser" instead of "Boozer"

MrEh

Smash Hero
His name is Bowser, BOWSER!

Boozer sounds ******** change it at once.
Ask and ye shall receive. :)

recommend staying away from a Falcon when he tries to recover, considering how one Raptor Boost (Side-B move) spike can take out a Bowser regardless of damage... unless you were hit from a high place. However, feel free to make Edgehog attempts when neccessary.
Edgehogging Falcon is a given, considering how his recovery works. Another favorite of mine is Bowser's Fire. No, it probably won't gimp Falcon, but it's a safe way to tack on damage.

As for Bowser breath, I wouldnt recommend it for the same reason as the Bowser Bomb... getting Falcon Punched.
Edgeguard with it when Falcon is above the ledge.

And MrEh, for my sakes, change the angel's name back to Pit. He (I mean "I") dont feel safe when Pit gets offended that badly. Im not a bad Pit anyways -_-
It's like Nitros14 wanting "Bowser" instead of "Boozer"
I'm not a Pit hater though. I like the character, I just hate the spammers. :p

*goes and changes some names to their less funny counterparts*

I'm definitely not changing Ike's picture though. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the new one is very awesome.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thanks for helping the angel out <3 And yes, Ike's new pic is funny, and Toon Link's new name should be "Cat Eyes" (I just dont like him)

Ok, Im goin to be honest here. As Long as you can predict, I think Bowser actually does have an advantage over Falcon. Falcon lacks a projectile, which forces him to come to Bowser and his Power. The only things that worry me is Falcon punch spam, which rarely happens, and getting spiked. Other than that, Falcon is easy, well, for me. Should you have a problem against him, it's mainly because you have some sort of disadvantage against Speed characters.
For me, sometimes, I play as a Mantis and wait for Falcon to come to me, then attack. Other times, I could be the Buffalo and just charge after him.
As a reminder, beware of Falcon's Spikes.

Here are some of the things I note when facing a Falcon:
1: Bowser Bomb only to catch the ledge.
2: Firebreath only against a recovering Falcon.
3: Rare use of Fsmash unless predicting Falcon's recovery.
4: Usually stays at the middle of the stage to prevent getting knocked off and spiked. Sometimes I do pursue just to get rid of him faster.
5: F-tilt and F-air is your friend.

I hope some of the additional info can help out in planning your strategies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Based on my (little experience) experience with Boozer (lol'd) I'd say, that Fire Breath works great against Falcon. You can force him to approach from the air, since he can't just beat teh fire. Bowsers options out of the shield and his KO power should give him a slight advantage

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thanks for helping the angel out <3 And yes, Ike's new
Ok, Im goin to be honest here. As Long as you can predict, I think Bowser actually does have an advantage over Falcon. Falcon lacks a projectile, which forces him to come to Bowser and his Power.
Bowser is usually played defensively by using his tilts to space himself. It creates a matchup that Falcon has a bit of an issue with. Then again, Falcon has issues with most matchups.

Other times, I could be the Buffalo and just charge after him.
As a reminder, beware of Falcon's Spikes.
People also need to watch out for Uairs and the Knee. Without Falcon's air game, it would've probably been something like a 70-30 matchup. 60-40 seems to be just right though.

I hope some of the additional info can help out in planning your strategies.
Yeah, it's helping. I'm sure that most of us can agree that Bowser has the advantage. There really isn't much to talk about anymore really.

Bowsers options out of the shield and his KO power should give him a slight advantage
Fortress out of a shield is sexy, unless the Falcon player is good at serious mindgames. The last thing you want is for a Falcon player to bait you into using the Fortress, then short-hop Knee you in the face when you're recovering from the lag. (yes, it's very possible)

All in all, I say we wrap this up and call it a 60-40 advantage. Now, let's get to our next character. The one who hates Stealth Rock more then anyone else in the game...

Go look at the first post. Discuss. :)

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Hate to derail this topic with unrelated posts, but I've been fighting a Jigglypuff nonstop for several days and I want to give my opinion the matchup because good jigglypuffs are really rare nowadays and its urgency is probably at the bottom:

[derail]
Bowser's up-angled ftilt can shut down or trade hits with any of Jiggs's air approaches, and given the fact that she's outrageously easy to kill compared to Bowser, this already puts her at a disadvantage. You can space fair (although it's hard) due to the disjointed hitbox of the claw to further hinder aerial approaches, and firebreath stops rollout cold. She dies at 100% from a fresh utilt. Whirling fortress can hit her whenever she's lingering around you. SHAD ---> Fortress is totally not recommended because she's in the air all the time and it won't work.

Anyway, the advantages that she has on Bowser:

She can gimp Bowser's crappy recovery really easily, so I recommend edgehogging with the bowser bomb or double-jumping above her and airdodging/fortressing very quickly if you can. She can also d-air to rest from a shieldstab or anything REALLY EASILY to Bowser. Trust me, I've been hit with it twice. In the situation that Jiggs could always hit with this, it could easily be in Jiggs's favor. Fortunately, Bowser doesn't die until ~80% from that attack, and any of his moves will easily beat her d-air when spaced.

Overall, I'd say the matchup gives Bowser the advantage, but only slightly due to his defensive game, his killing power, and her lack of it. 60:40. (Bowser's favor.)
[/derail]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I havent had much experience against a charizard lately, but I think that Charizard's fire beats Bowser's... The annoying showoff.
Well a Charizard could gimp a Bowser with a D-air spike or F-air, and Bowser's spike is nearly impossible to do.
I actually dont got much info on this target...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
'Zard and Boozer are pretty similar. Bowser is heavier but Zard has a better recovery (including SA frames), otherwise, they are almost the same imo

MrEh

Smash Hero
I havent had much experience against a charizard lately, but I think that Charizard's fire beats Bowser's... The annoying showoff.
I'm pretty sure that Bowser's fire is only bigger then Charizard's, and that Charizard's can change directions quicker, start up faster, and has less lag. It seems that it's more viable for him to start blasting fire to stop your approaches then it is for Bowser to blow fire and stop his.

Well a Charizard could gimp a Bowser with a D-air spike or F-air
Due to Bowser's huge size, Charizard's spike is that much easier to land. Also, Charizard's Fair is a freaking wall of fire for God's sake! It has good range, and it makes a lot of Bowser's aerial approaches useless. Also, Bowser is gimptastic. ><

'Zard and Boozer are pretty similar. Bowser is heavier but Zard has a better recovery (including SA frames), otherwise, they are almost the same imo
I'm starting to think this matchup is nearly even. Charizard has so many moves that are similar to Bowser's.

- Both character's jabs come out very fast and have decent range.

- Their Ftilts has a long range and comes out pretty quick.

- Their Dtilts also comes out fast and is a decent KO move.

- Both of their grab releases are absolutely beastly.

- Fire. That's all that needs to be said.

Most Charizard players that I've seen play similar to Bowser players as well. It's all about spacing yourself with Tilts and making the best use of grabs when your opponent gets in your face. Charizard, like Bowser, can use his jab or tilts right out of a grab release, giving him a pretty crazy grab game.

And although it's a novelty compared to the Fortress, Charizard can Fly out of a shield, which is a potential KO.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Charizard suffers for the fact he's a Pokemon, and must return to switch out. He can't stay out forever.

All in all, Charizard seems to be rather equal with Bowser.

He does have some faster moves but loses weight and power in exchange for priority and aforementioned speed.

Last I remember though, some moves do give Bowser the advantage, being as Bowser is completely in control when the opponent is vulnerable. Any way that Bowser can punish is an advantage. Thusly, I'd say it's somewhere around 52/48 in Bowser's favor, but with miniscule difference, being as they both seem to counter-act each other's main advantages with the same property or opposite property, and Bowser is so god**** heavy, thusly, punishing him, which is the Charizard's main line of attack versus such a similar creature, is less applicable than the reverse.

55-52/45-48

MrEh

Smash Hero
Charizard suffers for the fact he's a Pokemon, and must return Thusly, I'd say it's somewhere around 52/48 in Bowser's favor, but with miniscule difference, being as they both seem to counter-act each other's main advantages with the same property or opposite property, and Bowser is so god**** heavy, thusly, punishing him, which is the Charizard's main line of attack versus such a similar creature, is less applicable than the reverse.

55-52/45-48
I was just going to simplify things and call it a 50-50.

Charizard has better recovery and aerial priority, while Bowser is heavy as hell and has slightly better tilts.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I dont know. They ARE similar. Bowsers upb out of shield imo is enough to give bowser an advantage because its faster close range than nearly everything charizard can do.(what moves of charizards DO beat it?) Charizard does gimp bowser better than bowser gimps charizard, though.

MrEh

Smash Hero
(what moves of charizards DO beat it?)
A well spaced short-hopped-Fair. Or an occasional Rock Smash.

Charizard does gimp bowser better than bowser gimps charizard, though.
That's the reason why I think the matchup is even, or near even. We all know Bowser's recovery is predictable and that makes it that much easier to Charizard to smack you with an attack.

Even if one character had a tiny advantage over the other, it really wouldn't matter, since it's so close to 50-50. The difference between something like 48-52 or 54-46 is essentially 50-50 anyway.

If we really wanted to get technical though, we could always just call it 55-45 in Bowser's favor.

Since we've pretty much agreed that Bowser and Charizard is a pretty even matchup, I can't see a reason for not moving on. Check the first post, and discuss Diddy Kong.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The monkey's bananas are probably going to be your biggest threat... Well that and his D-air spike if you're not careful.
Diddy, despite him being fast, he has poor KO power, like Pit (Poor Pit, you're still better than that stupid monkey :( ). Lasting long with Bowser's tank armor wont be a problem. Bowser would most likely get KOed at 160% to even 200% (Pit KOs at about 140%, so you lose, chimp!).

A Diddy would spam bananas, which will the thing that you should look out for. Basically every Diddy would rely on bananas anyways. Should they do this, you must find a way to take control over his bananas. Do that and Diddy will feel the pressure.
Predicting a Diddy when it's recovering is simple. It would do its Side-B most of the time. If that happens you could wait for it to happen, and strike him with an F-air or B-air.
If you see Diddy charging his Up-B, you have a chance to edgehog him, but to do so you MUST have Invincibility frames, or he'll hit you and he'll be able to grab on to the ledge. If you do have it, then his little barrels will just blow up on the ledge and he falls to his death.
I'd give this matchup to Bowser if the Diddy doesnt constantly rely on bananas. If diddy uses bananas (like 90% of em do), then Bowser can still take advantage if he can control the bananas.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I disagree with this post... Boswer just doesn't have anything of great use against diddy. Bowser has the range, but the bananas almost totaly take the advantage from him. And since bowser is so big he is very easy to catch with a banana. Diddy also can space himself to get in a free smash if he glide tosses the banana at you and is directly in front of you(think weegee's upb close), so killing bowser isn't really as big a deal as you might think because even if the smash fails to kill its not hard to gimp bowser.(dair, sideb nuetral b, throwing bananas) Bowser really doesn't have a way to stop the bananas and since he just cant keep up with the speed of diddy, he loses... and rather soundly. All the diddy has to do is avoid one of your more laggy moves and toss a banana(which they will be carrying about 70 to 80 percent of the whole game) and they can do any number of high damage combos to you. 30-70 or 20-80 in favor of diddy

-A side note: trying to use diddy's bananas against him IS a good idea, but sadly bowser dash attack isn't great and is laggy. This means the diddy can counteract while you go throught the cooldown of the move. Diddy's dash attack is tailor made to effortlessly pick up bananas...

and admiral bowser... every good diddy uses bananas

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that little monkey destroys the big koopa king...banana combos pwn the **** out of him. Killing is an issue but Diddy has no probs to get Boowza into dangerous %

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Man, it's a good thing we're discussing Diddy next. A friend of mine just took him up as his new main and though I haven't used Bowser yet I suspect I'm in trouble when that time comes. In my n00bish opinion, wouldn't simply catching the bannanas make them a LOT less effective?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think bowser vs diddy is 20-80 though. If you just infinite jump over the nanerz he can just spam peanuts and that really racks up damage eventually. Bowser has to approach, and basically, he's ****ed in every way imaginable on the ground if there are bananas present. Otherwise bowser has better range.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I think bowser vs diddy is 20-80 though. If you just infinite jump over the nanerz he can just spam peanuts and that really racks up damage eventually. Bowser has to approach, and basically, he's ****ed in every way imaginable on the ground if there are bananas present. Otherwise bowser has better range.
I forgot to mention the infinite jump over the bananas... for shame. But really it doesn't really help for long, because they can just get a banana and smack you with it and then your screwed.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Diddy, it depends on the stage. Norfair, you've got a massive advantage against the little honker. FD, he has control of the entire flooring.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Diddy, it depends on the stage. Norfair, you've got a massive advantage against the little honker. FD, he has control of the entire flooring.
The stage is very important for Bowser, especially against Diddy, who'll essentially control the stage with his Bananas. He's like Snake, but ironically, the yellow fruit is more dangerous for Bowser then things like Mines, C4, and Grenades could ever be.. ><

Thankfully, Bowser does indeed fare better against Diddy if the stage isn't flat. This is one of the few matchups where I would actually consider playing on Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick. (if only for the fact that it pisses people off.)

Getting to the actual matchup though, Diddy's bananas are just flat out annoying. It's extremely hard for Bowser to pick them up, and if you get rid of them, Diddy will just make more. The only viable strategy I can think of is to as offensive as you can. Don't let that filthy monkey get out bananas. However, this is really difficult, as a good Diddy player will pull out bananas at every opportunity.

Just focus on getting the monkey off the ledge. Jumping off after him with an Fair is risky, since Diddy has 2 spikes to use against you. Hell, sometimes it's better to camp the ledge and roast the monkey with fire. :)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
yeah, but unless you are much better than the diddy or they choke...dont expect much.

MrEh

Smash Hero
yeah, but unless you are much better than the diddy or they choke...dont expect much.
Bowser vs Diddy is just a horrible fight. Although it's not like Bowser's the king of good matchups anyway.

The Diddy Boards think that the matchup is something like 20-80. I personally think that's a bit low for Bowser. Honestly, does Bowser really fare that bad against the monkey?

It's obvious that Bowser's at a disadvantage, but I never thought the disadvantage was that big. I would've thought the matchup was something like 30-70 or 25-75 at the very least.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
This thread deserves attention just because its title contains the nickname "Boozer".
I hope this turns out well.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Bowser vs Diddy is just a horrible fight. Although it's not like Bowser's the king of good matchups anyway.

The Diddy Boards think that the matchup is something like 20-80. I personally think that's a bit low for Bowser. Honestly, does Bowser really fare that bad against the monkey?

It's obvious that Bowser's at a disadvantage, but I never thought the disadvantage was that big. I would've thought the matchup was something like 30-70 or 25-75 at the very least.
Well i put it at 20-80 or 30- 70 and never looked at the diddy boards... sounds fair to go 25- 75 and make everyone happy. I just dont see bowser having the tools to beat a diddy worth a crap very often... tell you what
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6U8dYw-EE&feature=related

this kind of give the impression of what the matchup feels like. Also, there is another one of these two(dont know WHO they are, but the bowser wins narrowly so take from that what you will)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Well i put it at 20-80 or 30- 70 and never looked at the diddy boards... sounds fair to go 25- 75 and make everyone happy. I just dont see bowser having the tools to beat a diddy worth a crap very often... tell you what
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6U8dYw-EE&feature=related
That Bowser isn't the best Bowser I've seen, but it summarizes our frustration with Diddy's bananas. (excellent usage of the evil fruit) Also, I have never seen a player actually attempt to use Bowser's Dair. XD

By the way, watch 00:34 of the second video. That's the main reason why I said it wouldn't be a good idea to jump off the ledge after Diddy. Bowser is pretty much asking for a spike. Fire would've been a perfect at a moment like that. It's safe, and Diddy really has no way out of it

Then again, they're playing on Wifi, so that might have something to do with it.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
yeah, skill wise it could be better, but for general show of what you can expect it does the job...

MrEh

Smash Hero
yeah, skill wise it could be better, but for general show of what you can expect it does the job...
Can't argue with that. The banana's are just deadly for Bowser.

I think the matchup is something like 30-70, so I'll just call it 25-75 to make it balanced with the Diddy Boards, who think the matchup is something like 20-80.

shadow3.0

Smash Cadet
FOX:

HOLY CRAP! If you are on a larger stage like FD or even SV, prepare to be swearing the entire match if you are bowser...

Is Blaster is the most annoying, as it's possible to get 100%+ in 10 secs... O_o Fox is fast, so, with the help of a Fox Illusion or Shine, he can easily escape and camp...

His Fox Illusion is annoying as well, as he can escape and camp, to begin the Blaster Cycle again...

Shine is a reflector, like wolfs, it covers both sides and can reflect his fire breath... Your best bet is to trick fox into using Shine, and then grabbing and pounding him to build up damage... If it hits you, you'll be forced back quite far, as it has a good horizontal Knockback.

Fire Fox isn't a threat... Roll or Dodge this and you'll be fine...

He can't use a DAir Spike like Falco and Wolfs, so you're kinda safe when recovering...

His smash attacks are quick, but you can or roll and pummel him while he's vulnerable...

Try not to use any attacks that will leave you vunerable, unless fox is vulnerable. A missed UpB or DownD could let fox get 20% with his blaster or get a FowardB in and slowly chip away at your damage...

A Foward or Up B will leave Fox vunnerable, so make good use of it by doing a quick Bowser bomb, If Fox is in the air, charge a FSmash, and give him 20 to 50 percent damage...

This is about it for Fox... 65-35, fox's favor...

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay, giving an educated guess as far as the D.K. matchup. It seems like d.k. can out bowser bowser... at least on the level. Fire gimping seems to work wonders on killing d.k. off the level. Not sure, but I would say that due to d.k.s better grab range and tilt range and faster speed has the edge. maybe 65- 35 or 60- 40 in favor of d.k.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Okay, giving an educated guess as far as the D.K. matchup. It seems like d.k. can out bowser bowser... at least on the level. Fire gimping seems to work wonders on killing d.k. off the level. Not sure, but I would say that due to d.k.s better grab range and tilt range and faster speed has the edge. maybe 65- 35 or 60- 40 in favor of d.k.
Bowser's defensive game isn't as effective on DK since the ape can out range Bowser's Ftilt and jabs. Bowser's only realistic method for approaching DK is by using his Fire. (Thankfully, this works pretty well on the ape.)

In any case, it would seem that the only easy way for Bowser to win this fight is to try and gimp DK as much as possible. As you said, fire gimping is fun, and if it doesn't work, it usually tacks on large amounts of damage in the process.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fire breath is everything vs DK. A sh neutral B is the only way for Big B. to get around DKs down B, which outranges pretty much everything bowser has. Also DKs Tilts > Bowsers tilts...

65:35 for DK?

Top Bottom