• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer Matchup Discussion

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Yeah, he really only has the fire and thats not nearly close to being enough... Dk is better at being bowser than bowser.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well then, let's do the next one? MrEh just has to show up and change the OP...

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, as a dk main, bowser's actually not nearly as easy as you say. i'd think 60-40 dk advantage at best. this is the only matchup were i don't outlive the other guy, and you have a few high priority attacks that can give me problems

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Um... I can attest to this match-up and would put money on it LOL. Just coming in and spitting a random number doesn't do ****. Especially if you don't elaborate.

I think Bowser is 80-20 AGAINST Metaknight because I live longer then him and he's wicked light.

I haven't backed up what I said there see?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
alright, i think the dk matchup isn't as much in dk's favor as you say it is, because dk loses his weight advantage (only match where it happens) and his priority advantage that he has on most characters.

c wut i did thar? i removed the number and brought up the exact same points that you ignored the first time i posted.

also, bowser is very good at punishing dk out of shield, the dk's agree that this isn't one of dk's better matches

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh yeah that was so clever i saw what you did there, you said the same thing as before, without giving any specifics and neglecting to say that B-air when spaced properly ***** everything about bowser. You so smart.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Oh yeah that was so clever i saw what you did there, you said the same thing as before, without giving any specifics and neglecting to say that B-air when spaced properly ***** everything about bowser. You so smart.
and your wrong man wtf....learn to deal with Bair, we all have, its called a shield > fortress, or just outprioritize it with your Fair, i think you've just gotten beaten up a little too many times by DK to realize it really ISNT that bad of a matchup.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
and your wrong man wtf....learn to deal with Bair, we all have, its called a shield > fortress, or just outprioritize it with your Fair, i think you've just gotten beaten up a little too many times by DK to realize it really ISNT that bad of a matchup.
Lol @ you talking like I participate in Brawl, I just know my ****. Fortress won't beat out a properly spaced B-air. It doesn't have the hitbox it did in melee.

TexanBull58

Smash Rookie
i think yall are full of crap bowswer fares against any opponent if your good, anybody wanna go 1oin1 against me, please let me know im willing to show you how a good bowser really fights, honestly yall dont fight like bowser should, bowser is defensive and you have to be good at shielding, sidestepping, and jumping continuously to get the upperhand in a match, sure i maybe a noob on this forum, but please im begging one of yall to challenge me to match just so i can shut yall up, PM me please, thanx :)

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
I think Bowser does fairly well against DK, Ive only lost to a MK(x1), Diddy(x5), DK (x1), and a D3(x100) with my Bowser.
Alot of matchs which are friendlies but most are from tournament.Maybe liek 3 of my loses are jus tfriendlies but the rest are tournament.
Boswer's good, you just need to be patient with him IMO.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
i think yall are full of crap bowswer fares against any opponent if your good, anybody wanna go 1oin1 against me, please let me know im willing to show you how a good bowser really fights, honestly yall dont fight like bowser should, bowser is defensive and you have to be good at shielding, sidestepping, and jumping continuously to get the upperhand in a match, sure i maybe a noob on this forum, but please im begging one of yall to challenge me to match just so i can shut yall up, PM me please, thanx :)
The fact that you play defensive isnt going to help you in certain matchups. The sad truth is that bowser just does not have the tools to compete with certain characters... and little things put him at a disadvatage. So you can jump and play defensive all you want, but you arent going to beat a samus who knows what they are doing... Know that when you do well with bowser... some of it may be the lack of knowledge on how to play against a bowser on the opponents part. Once a character with an edge finds they have it, the match changes... and sadly MANY characters have an edge. So, you can play who ever you want, but really it doesnt prove that bowser is good or bad. I highly doubt that you are the ONLY one who knows how to play bowser correctly, because the way you described is general knowledge... your not exactly blowing the metagame wide open... Please, the next time you rant on about challenges know there is a board for that, also know that you probably arent the be all end all player you seem to think you are. Welcome to smashboards.:laugh:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've come to learn that Bowser's biggest problem is facing characters who can force him to approach or be spammed to death. A defensive player who will literally just sit on the edge of the stage and pepper you with projectiles is easily the hardest thing to for Bowser to deal with because once they know that you have to approach, they gain the advantage because Bowser only has so many approaches and they just wait to counter.

I despise players who play this way, as it takes so bloody long to kill them that it still feels like a hollow victory when you do.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
alright... maybe not everyone knows this... but no one is updateing this thread anymore. there is another one that is currently active

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For one so insulting you really think you know much about Bowser. Each char he faces will give him some sort of problem, and learning about it is how it's done, soon, you MIGHT get a match, dont guarentee it. And should you beat my Bowser (If i choose to play you), then my Pit will take care of you (again, if I choose to play you).

Anyways, I'll probably have more info later. School is a serious pain...

gantrain05

Smash Master
The fact that you play defensive isnt going to help you in certain matchups. The sad truth is that bowser just does not have the tools to compete with certain characters... and little things put him at a disadvatage. So you can jump and play defensive all you want, but you arent going to beat a samus who knows what they are doing... Know that when you do well with bowser... some of it may be the lack of knowledge on how to play against a bowser on the opponents part. Once a character with an edge finds they have it, the match changes... and sadly MANY characters have an edge. So, you can play who ever you want, but really it doesnt prove that bowser is good or bad. I highly doubt that you are the ONLY one who knows how to play bowser correctly, because the way you described is general knowledge... your not exactly blowing the metagame wide open... Please, the next time you rant on about challenges know there is a board for that, also know that you probably arent the be all end all player you seem to think you are. Welcome to smashboards.:laugh:
i just gotta show a vid of my bowser vs samus that knows what they are doing i still win^^ but i agree, this guy needs to calm down and realize bowser is a pretty bad character and he just can't beat everybody, that is if they are the same skill level anyways, but bowser is still fun to play as.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWbc2jBjprw

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
i just gotta show a vid of my bowser vs samus that knows what they are doing i still win^^ but i agree, this guy needs to calm down and realize bowser is a pretty bad character and he just can't beat everybody, that is if they are the same skill level anyways, but bowser is still fun to play as.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWbc2jBjprw
yeah, you won... and the samus did know what they were doing, but the all three times he died he should have seen it coming bdown and uair, and you DID kind of take a beating the whole match. But cudos none the less, Although, you have to concede that bowser really only beats samus when the samus messes up. SO is this just becoming a general chat boards or something? If not we need to make one and carry it over.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah, you won... and the samus did know what they were doing, but the all three times he died he should have seen it coming bdown and uair, and you DID kind of take a beating the whole match. But cudos none the less, Although, you have to concede that bowser really only beats samus when the samus messes up. SO is this just becoming a general chat boards or something? If not we need to make one and carry it over.
yeah i know i got my *** beat the whole match, but thats what bowser does best right? gets his *** beat then gets a ko at 60 percent. so either way i won lol.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
did you put that in the bowser video thread? you could consider it... Also, I posted a general chat thread, it would probably help to move conversation there.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
My thoughts: Okay, fox is a little less dangerous in ways than falco, and moreso in others. his blaster is much faster, but lacks hitstun so you dont have to worry about having a hard time closing a distance gap while eating laser damage. He cant thro his refelctor, so you dont need to worry about that mid range projectile either. Although fox has a much faster running speed, and more powerful smashes. Fox will have no trouble closing in and hitting a kill move if you choose to use a laggy move carelessly. While this is the case, fox doesn't really have an effective way to deal with the range of tilts and jabs... moreso jabs because ftilt is actually laggy enough to get punished by a close enough fox. Your air aproaches work much better against fox than falco, while the fire can be less effective. As an edgeguard, however, the fire can be used to gain wonderful results as usual. Really, imo, a better matchup than falco. While i still give fox and advantage, its only 65-35 range. and only really because he can punish you well and balst you and retreat to laser spam. Note: since the fortress is so high priority, you cant be shined out of it.(smiles)

Stages to consider:
Battlefield (takes away run room and gives you platforms)
Brinstar (you can hide behind the breakable parts of the stage to protect yourself from his laser, plus you get platforms and lava to force your opponent onto the platforms)

Stages to avoid
Final destination and the like (flat and they can run away and blast you, then side b or run rinse and repeat to annoy you)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Bowser is decent on FD, he lives much longer there then on BF, and he can take advantage and abuse his grab release stuff and spamming is a myth if you know how to powershield consistently. BF is good for Bowser too, its much easier to get people off the stage, plus overb on top platform can kill around 90ish on most characters if they DI incorrectly, Uptilt is great there, and Upair can destroy characters there if you tech chase an Upair through a platform. I would suggest NEVER fighting Metaknight on BF, if Metaknight is under you, then you have problems. Stages are good for Bowser depending on the match-up. Just my input.

Related to the match-up vs Fox. Bowser has no Grab Jump Release combo's on fox however he does have Grab Ground Release combo's. I would suggest abusing Ftilt and jabs for spacing in this match-up and whenever fox is starting a Dair to Uptilt combo just upb him. Bowser does good against fox on BF. I could get more specific but this is really all I have to say for today.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser also has the advantage that he's very heavy, and Fox is very light.

Granted, Fox can still kill Bowser quite easily, but at least you have a much easier time killing hi in return.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bowser also has the advantage that he's very heavy, and Fox is very light.

Granted, Fox can still kill Bowser quite easily, but at least you have a much easier time killing hi in return.
Hard to kill what you can't hit though :/.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
The only time he's out of range is when he's spraying lasers all over the place. Foxes try to juggle Bowser whenever it's applicable. Sliding up smash is pretty awesome.

Top Bottom